• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

I try Google will convert use this to look like the real thing .

The Sonic Twitter is God-tier ...

Last edited:
My top 10 changed eay too much at the beginning to be e3 so ill just say this is my list that eas always before a reveal

1. Ridley
2. Little mac
3. Palutena
4. Robin
5. Lucina
6. Pac man

7. K rool (bandwagoning)
8. Roy
9. Mewtwo (bandwagoning)

10 rayman

plus bowser jr was my #1 for brawl.

I did REALLY well for this game. . .

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Let me eat dinner, but.... here's a quick summary (because I love you guys):

People sometimes accuse Sakurai of making his favorite characters strong, but that's not the case. Thinks Pit and Palutena are weak.
Says if he had worked on the Mario, Fire Emblem or Pokemon series...would people accuse him of making those characters stronger?
He could make everyone play around the same ability as Mario, but that would be boring
Has a team of people who look at results, chatter on the Internet to help with balancing (the team isn't that big).
There are many kinds of versus. Some moves are better suited for 1v1, while others are better in 2v2,etc. The picture of Dedede's hammer is an example of this (as a move that's better suited for non 1v1 play).
This makes balancing difficult.
He's aiming for intermediate players to have the most amount of fun.
Tried making Smash as a fun party game.
Says Smash isn't like other 2D fighters
BUT, he was really impressed with the Chokaigi.
He really enjoyed Chokaigi from the bottom of his heart.
And closes saying there are many kinds of people involved with Smash.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
@DMurr
You mean that in a good way, right? :3

--

Also, sad news, guys. Christopher Lee has passed away.
...****. Now I'm sad.

To cheer up I guess I'll name some DLC characters that I'd like.

In no particular order:

Isaac
Wolf
K. Rool
Banjo
Wonder Red
Snake

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
MY top 10 were:
1) Mewtwo( loved greininja though)
2) Paper Mario( with toad then bowser jr. or rosalin)
3) Wonder Red
4) another Zelda rep preferably impa
5) Kid Icarus Rep( Mainly Hades, but figured Palutena would join)
6) I wanted wolf and Lucas to stay because they were both needed.
7) Any animal crossing rep( mainly Nook as Villager was shot down)
8) Snake
9) Captain Toad
10) Not really anyone here, bomberman maybe?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'd love to be pranked, if only to see my username in the awesome color of purple. :)

...****. Now I'm sad.

To cheer up I guess I'll name some DLC characters that I'd like.

In no particular order:

Isaac
Wolf
K. Rool
Banjo
Wonder Red
Snake
It is sad, but remember that he was 93 years old. I am sure he had no regrets, as he lived a unusually long life. Be happy for him. :)

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
For my pre-E3 2013 Predictions, I only lobbied for about 5 characters. The rest were just extra for me. :b:

1.) Ridley (BIG METROID FAN; still a bit salty over him not being included but I'm over it now)
2.) Mewtwo (loved playing as him in Melee and I wanted a Pokemon to represent Gen 6)
3.) Mega Man (Needed to be given the respect that he deserved)
4.) Little Mac (Pizzadudemanguy got me pumped up for his inclusion and had Punch-Out on Wii)
5.) King K. Rool / Dixie (Any DK rep is fine, but preferably King K. Rool)

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I didn't really have any characters before E3.
I only got into Isaac and krool because.......
Well actually I don't really know why I support these two.
I haven't played either of their games or games that they have appeared in.
I liked Isaac in in Brawl and I really wanted him playeble so I uess that's why.
And as the game's life span went on I got really behind K rool for villain and Heavy weight status and a DK Rep.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Hola, amigos. I resign from hiatus. - insert wall of text that nobody wants to read here-

Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS seems a bit weird though. Is it a different story? Are Tetra and KorD Adventure Mode characters? Is there an adventure mode? What about frame rate? Is Linkle in? Her crossbow is in the character mashup, just sitting there. Is it a hint? Is this too many questions? What's the Krabby Patty formula?

My wishlist, though was

1. Toad
2. Tiki
3. Anna
4. Isabelle
5. Plusle and Minun
6. Tom Nook
7. Robin

I didn't really support Robin, but I wanted them over Chrom.

[collapse= Between Agitha and Tetra]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So with all these game trailers coming out before E3, do you guys think Nintendo and other companies are gearing up more massive IPs / projects to be announced at E3 that could be a game changer?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Hola, amigos. I resign from hiatus. - insert wall of text that nobody wants to read here-

Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS seems a bit weird though. Is it a different story? Are Tetra and KorD Adventure Mode characters? Is there an adventure mode? What about frame rate? Is Linkle in? Her crossbow is in the character mashup, just sitting there. Is it a hint? Is this too many questions? What's the Krabby Patty formula?

My wishlist, though was

1. Toad
2. Tiki
3. Anna
4. Isabelle
5. Plusle and Minun
6. Tom Nook
7. Robin

I didn't really support Robin, but I wanted them over Chrom.

[collapse= Between Agitha and Tetra]
[/collapse]
Welcome back just in time for E3 :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Granted I wasn't alive in the NES era, but my two older brothers were, and they were in the same boat as me. They had a NES, and had 15-20 or so games on it but nothing of Mega Man. We had a SNES, we didn't have any Mega Man on that either.

I remember when playing MvC1 wondering why he was playable and not Arthur (or Lou <3)!!

A lot of people act like Mega Man is as big as Sonic, who is a household name. It's just weird to me as my experiences as a gamer differ from that view greatly.

Don't get me wrong here though, I've since played and enjoyed many a Megaman game and am relatively pleased he's in Smash (especially as Ryu is also seemingly on his way).
It's rather funny given Europe didn't get MM6 but got Wily Wars and Battle & Chase. Also the Master System is a horribly under rated system in the US IMO.

Mega Man is definitely the weakest of the Three Guest characters given he's not the mascot for a major piece of hardware, but he's unarguably the most fitting/deserving of the Guest characters given the sheer amount of history the series has with Nintendo, in multiple medias I might add. I think only Dragon Quest nears/equals the Mega Man series, through that's almost solely Japan.

Let me eat dinner, but.... here's a quick summary (because I love you guys):

People sometimes accuse Sakurai of making his favorite characters strong, but that's not the case. Thinks Pit and Palutena are weak.
Says if he had worked on the Mario, Fire Emblem or Pokemon series...would people accuse him of making those characters stronger?
He could make everyone play around the same ability as Mario, but that would be boring
Has a team of people who look at results, chatter on the Internet to help with balancing (the team isn't that big).
There are many kinds of versus. Some moves are better suited for 1v1, while others are better in 2v2,etc. The picture of Dedede's hammer is an example of this (as a move that's better suited for non 1v1 play).
This makes balancing difficult.
He's aiming for intermediate players to have the most amount of fun.
Tried making Smash as a fun party game.
Says Smash isn't like other 2D fighters
BUT, he was really impressed with the Chokaigi.
He really enjoyed Chokaigi from the bottom of his heart.
And closes saying there are many kinds of people involved with Smash.
Chokaigi? Sakurai aware of the competitive scene!? I call shenanigans!

To his credit, Smash 4 is probably the most well balanced in the series bar maybe 64. So he's saying Smash is a fighter now?

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
The characters I want in are
1.Monster Hunter
2.Tetra
3.matthew
I know wanting matthew over Isaac is a little weird but I just like matthew better

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's rather funny given Europe didn't get MM6 but got Wily Wars and Battle & Chase. Also the Master System is a horribly under rated system in the US IMO.

Mega Man is definitely the weakest of the Three Guest characters given he's not the mascot for a major piece of hardware, but he's unarguably the most fitting/deserving of the Guest characters given the sheer amount of history the series has with Nintendo, in multiple medias I might add. I think only Dragon Quest nears/equals the Mega Man series, through that's almost solely Japan.

To his credit, Smash 4 is probably the most well balanced in the series bar maybe 64. So he's saying Smash is a fighter now?
I think Sonic is unequivalently the most important guest character, he even has his own cross over series with Mario after all.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Nope, not at all. (You'll see what I mean)

Still working on the translation, but it's getting late. Might pass it to my buddy so you guys can have it ASAP.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think Sonic is unequivalently the most important guest character, he even has his own cross over series with Mario after all.
Pretty much. Sonic's important/relevant, Mega Man's deserving, Pac Man is historical.

Snake is a major video game character I guess?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Pretty much. Sonic's important/relevant, Mega Man's deserving, Pac Man is historical.

Snake is a major video game character I guess?
They're all important, historical, relevant and deserving. Including Snake and Ryu. A 3rd Party character should tick every box to be included in the first place.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
NES wasn't super popular in EU?

Ah that might have explained why some people here in the past said Rayman was more popular than Mega Man in where they came from. Guess it was a regional thing.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Ah that might have explained why some people here in the past said Rayman was more popular than Mega Man in where they came from. Guess it was a regional thing.
Yeah, Rayman's always been huge over in Europe. It was the highest selling game for the PS1 in the UK IIRC.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Well, he's been around since the NES(and had his first game on it), skyrocketed to fame on the PS1 and the rest is history.
Actually, not true. Snake debuted on MSX, not NES. The MSX games were also much different than the NES counterparts. Unfortunately the MSX was never released in the west, so to many of the western audience, that was our first MG game. So we never had a localization of them until MGS3 for the PS2, which (in most copies) included the MSX games.

Interesting factoid though:

However, Kojima was not involved at all with Metal Gear 2: Snake's Revenge for the NES, which predated the MSX game counterpart (Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake). Someone informed Kojima about the NES game (as he was unaware of its existance at the time) and asked him to do a real sequel. So in a way NES MG2 was actually what lead Kojima to continue the MG games as a series.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, top 10 wishlists Pr-eSm4sh.
1. Miis
2. Captain Toad
3. Daisy
4. Waluigi

5. Bowser Jr. (I was hoping for a paintbrush moveset)
6. Dixie Kong
7. Wigglytuff (Dang nabbit)

8. Robin
9. Krystal
10. Dr. Mario (Needs buffs plz)

I cant be disappointed. I got my number 1. But ol Sakurai and his gosh darn policies regarding the online...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So, what are you guyses reaction if Ryo, Snake and RayMan are all revealed in the Smash Directy thingy?

Rayman and Mega Man are apparently super comparable. Both are huge in at least one continent, and have had very similar total game sales (both around the 30m mark). Plus they both have "man" in their title!!

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
To be honest I didn't really have a top 10. I hoped for some characters like the big 3 but I was content with what we got in the end.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Not including Lucas, Roy or Ryu.
(Not in any particular order).
・Snake
・Wolf
・Ice Climbers
・Paper Mario
・Inkling
・Chibi-Robo
・Chorus Men
・ Layton
・Wonder Red
・ King K. Rool OR Dixie
I have reasons here.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well since everyone else is doing it. My top 10 for DLC, not counting Ryu, Roy and Lucas.
1)Rayman
2)Wolf
3)Dixie Kong
4)Inkling
5)Bandanna Waddle Dee
6)Shantae
7)Tails
8)Tetra
9)King K. Rool
10)Isaac
No particular order btw

Last edited: