• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My favorite smash reveal trailer was definitely Sonic's. I still remember screaming my head off and almost waking up the neighbors when I had found out. Gosh it was the biggest hype moment in my entire history of being affiliated with gaming.
Wanna hear something funny, i didn't see Sonic reveal trailer until 5 months after it was released

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I remember the day Sonic got revealed on the Dojo.

I had just woke up and was getting ready to make my breakfast. I decided to check the update beforehand.

I scroll down and see ****ing Sonic. I lost all control of my body for about a good 10 minutes.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502

Chrono.

Megaman's was the hypest for me, but I really liked Robin's and Shulk's too.

I think it helps that I didn't expect anything, since I wasn't following speculation and whatnot. I didn't really start getting into Smash again after the ESRB leak (which was unavoidable).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Why is this a thing...

Most of the one's I saw were just terrible puns on famous movie titles. (Ex. Driving Miss Daisy, The King's Peach, Snow White and the DuckHunts Men)

Like, c'mon Twitter. You are capable of doing much better than....THAT
Blame cheezburger for picking the punniest ones.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My biggest hype moment was definitley the Mega Man reveal.

I never got into Nintendo announcing stuff, and usually just got a game when the GameStop employees said there was one coming out or when I stumbled across one on the internet, until the January 2013 Direct. I was looking up something for Wind Waker, when I saw an article with the title saying something about something called a Nintendo Direct, which had Wind Waker HD and Yoshi's Epic Yarn.

Then I decided to watch it.

Then I met Iwata.

Then I heard the promise of Smash Bros. 4 being at E3. Now, I already knew what E3 was, because the previous year I was looking up gaming stuff during that time of year and found stuff about E3, but I never watched it.

I watched the directs up until E3 2013 in anticipation, then the day came. I wasn't able to watch it live because of school, but it was the first thing I did when I got to my grandma's house (which is where I go after school until my dad picks me and my siblings up on his way home from work).

My brother and I watched it together, and it was great. We were in shock and were pleasently surprised by Villager, and when the CHALLENGER APPROACHING signal came along, I felt chills go down my spine. I remember the pure suspense of the moment. The time it took for all the characters to turn to the mountain felt like ages. Then the camera zoomed in on the mysterious figure at the mountain's peak. I couldn't tell for sure who it was.

Then he lit up. I knew who it was with that one little bloop. I promptly paused the video and started screaming in hype. Then I pressed play and watched the rest while giggling like a little girl.

Then I got salty when I heard about Wii Fit Trainer.

Then later in that summer, I wanted to make a wish roster using a neat little program I found on a site called SmashBoards. I usually made wish rosters using paper and a pencil, but I stopped once I found the program. I realized that there was a character I wanted that there wasn't an icon for (a swapping team of 3 Classic Final Fantasy Classes, and also Reggie) so I had to make an account to make a request.

I wasn't sure what to make my username, and didn't really care because I only planned on using that account to make my request, so I just based if off of this stupid picture I found on Google Images one time that has Bidoof fused with all the Legendaries.

And here I am now.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Little Mac's trailer was my favorite. Only had the NES version at the time but his trailer was perfect.

I also loved Robin's, Pac-Man's, and Greninja's.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I felt really underwhelmed by 3D World's initial trailer. It felt kind of... too just there.

But then the later trailers looked great, and eventually the game came out and it went far away surpassing my expectations, becoming one of the best Mario games ever.
I never understood why the initial trailer seemed to get this reaction by and large. Maybe it's because my roots lie more in the 2D games, but returning to the Super Mario Bros. 2 roster was something that I felt was sorely missed in the New Super Mario series, and the new powerup looked pretty interesting as well. At least the October trailer and the game itself seemed to change most people's minds.

Personally, I need to learn to stop writing off new Mario games until I've actually played them; I never played Galaxy until after Galaxy 2 came out, 64 until after 64 DS, or 3D Land until after 3D World, and now I think they're all very good games (with the former two being at least as good as their counterpart / remake, respectively).

But I digress. Yeah, the 2013 E3 stream glitched out on me too during the Smash Bros. reveal trailer; I didn't see much of anything after the first few seconds, save for a couple freeze frames of Mega Man's face.

AreJay25

I never understood why the initial trailer seemed to get this reaction by and large. Maybe it's because my roots lie more in the 2D games, but returning to the Super Mario Bros. 2 roster was something that I felt was sorely missed in the New Super Mario series, and the new powerup looked pretty interesting as well. At least the October trailer and the game itself seemed to change most people's minds.

Personally, I need to learn to stop writing off new Mario games until I've actually played them; I never played Galaxy until after Galaxy 2 came out, 64 until after 64 DS, or 3D Land until after 3D World, and now I think they're all very good games (with the former two being at least as good as their counterpart / remake, respectively).

But I digress. Yeah, the 2013 E3 stream glitched out on me too during the Smash Bros. reveal trailer; I didn't see much of anything after the first few seconds, save for a couple freeze frames of Mega Man's face.
People were mainly turned off by it because it looked like 3D Land 2.0. And 3D Land wasn't exactly the most innovative Mario game.

I'm so glad that's not what it ended up being.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
People were mainly turned off by it because it looked like 3D Land 2.0. And 3D Land wasn't exactly the most innovative Mario game.

I'm so glad that's not what it ended up being.
I guess therein lies the difference; at the time, I saw 3D World as being a better version of what 3D Land tried (and failed) to be, whereas everyone else saw it as a sequel to one of the more mediocre games. I guess that makes enough sense.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My favorite trailer ended up being, ironically, the one I came to dislike the most at first, that being Robin's.

See, I didn't give a damn for Gematsu speculation back then and just wanted to see Mewtwo. They butted in on a theory I had and I was mad.

And then everything changed once I bought Awakening, and the rest is history.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't know if it's just me or not, but I feel the information contained within' this picture proves without a doubt Zelda Wii U will be at E3 this year:
Or it could be the cast of the Zelda Netflix TV Show. Who really knows? :troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
As much as i enjoyed the robin and little mac trailer i really loved the lucas trailer.Was the loudest i ever screamed for any game or any character ever created

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Reggiedorf

I never knew that I wanted that in my life

AreJay25

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I feel the information contained within' this picture proves without a doubt Zelda Wii U will be at E3 this year:
Or it could be the cast of the Zelda Netflix TV Show. Who really knows? :troll:
The Triforce of Understanding, Readiness and Playfulness

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only trailer where I was personally hyped was Lucas, at the least, he wasn't a leaked character and he was my most wanted veteran coming from the best video game of all time. If I don't get any of my top 10 wishes, at the least Lucas satisfies me.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This has been a really weird week.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm hoping we'll get TTYD/Sunshine remasters like we got with Wind Waker. Long overdue and both would seel really well.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i was most excited for robin
i really didn't want chrom but because gematsu everyone said chrom
i'd've been totally fine with the chorus kids and shulk but chrom is just... ike + sigurd
and people came into the robin thread daily and talked about how stupid people there were for their hope
and... yeah

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The only trailer where I was personally hyped was Lucas, at the least, he wasn't a leaked character and he was my most wanted veteran coming from the best video game of all time. If I don't get any of my top 10 wishes, at the least Lucas satisfies me.
Who are your top 10? (I know Bayonetta is #1)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

I don't speak for everyone but in my perspective, the trailer was not very exciting and a new Mario game was hardly a big deal for me at the time (as we had several Mario releases most of which were safe games). I wasn't a huge fan of 3D Land even though the game was decent, but it didn't really impress me. I wasn't also huge on the NSMB games, so for a while I just wasn't excited for Mario anymore.

The trailer itself kinda... generic to me I guess? I think the music was kinda boring and just there. (It's my least favorite song in 3D World. The rest of the OST is GOAT though)

I am glad I am proven wrong though. 3D World really did shaped up to be a fantastic game as we saw more of the game.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
P.S., I made the Nintendo Leaks a public archive now for those wanting to come back. ;)
Can't post though.
Aww, it makes me tear up a little just looking at the group. But don't worry they're tears of joy. Just looking at all the stuff we did makes me really happy. I'm so glad that I was a part of it all.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I haven't really formed a top 10 yet. I'll think about that.

All of the forum, you can view any thread, but not post.
I did pretty okay. Here was my Pre-E3 2013 Top 12:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool

3. Shulk
4. Palutena

5. Isaac
6. Villager (I called him "Animal Crosser" before his reveal).
7. Mewtwo

8. Paper Mario
9. Andy
10. Alexandra Roivas (I clinged on to hope for an Eternal Darkness sequel).
11. Victini
12. Ghirahim

I only had to experience the direct deconfirmation disappointment of two of them..

Last edited:

Naoshi

My top 5 (newcomers only, but also counting cut Melee veterans)

1. Mega Man
2. Mewtwo
3. Miis
4. Palutena
5. Pac Man

Then there was Duck Hunt Dog that me and @IntelliHeath1 wanted so much. And me kinda wanting Dr. Mario back... along with Roy.

I wanted Ridley but I figured he would just be a boss again. lol

Only other character I really want but didn't make it was a Rhythm Heaven rep... which we ALMOST HAD!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Of the newcomers I wanted: Little Mac, Rosalina (but thought we'd get Jr or Toad before her), Palutena, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt (but didn't think we'd actually get him), and Mega Man.

Technically I wanted Villager too, but was thinking we'd get Tom Nook more.

I was also really happy to see Doc back.

Ultimately I was pretty well satisfied by the newcomers this go around.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
My top 5 (newcomers only, but also counting cut Melee veterans)

1. Mega Man
2. Mewtwo
3. Miis
4. Palutena
5. Pac Man

Then there was Duck Hunt Dog that me and @IntelliHeath1 wanted so much. And me kinda wanting Dr. Mario back... along with Roy.

I wanted Ridley but I figured he would just be a boss again. lol

Only other character I really want but didn't make it was a Rhythm Heaven rep... which we ALMOST HAD!
Excuse you, but @Arcadenik was the orignal champion of the Duck Hunt. Don't be leaving him out of it, good sir!

Naoshi

Excuse you, but @Arcadenik was the orignal champion of the Duck Hunt. Don't be leaving him out of it, good sir!
this was actually before i came back to smash boards. back then, I knew IntelliHeath from GAF and he wanted duck hunt dog and convinced me before the game was even revealed

i thought such an idea would be too good to be true but as time passes, i kinda wanted duck hunt dog more and more

then came that ESRB leak, my mind was blown seeing him and dr. mario

was sad about mewtwo, but then the DLC happened.... :D

Last edited:

AreJay25

I ended up getting some of the characters I initially wanted: Mega Man, Pac-Man, Palutena, Mac and Mewtwo.

I wanted Bowser Jr. but Rosalina happened (which I was happy with) so I gave up on him. Joke's on me.

Greninja, Duck Hunt and (believe it or not) Dark Pit were welcome surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom