• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I can't imagine Hyrule Warriors being fun for more than 5 minutes. Probably just my bias against that style of button mashing games. (Just looks like generic enemies keep spawning, and you do the same 2-3 moves, then finish with the special). Do you guy still play the Wii U version? (If you bought it at launch)
Well, no. But for me it was because I had to stop playing all games to do work for my course at Uni. So all my game playing stopped.

Starlight_Lily

You know the graphics on this don't look all that high, so it could work on the Wii U. Plus if they have He-Man and G.I. Joe they need to have transformers.

Edit: Damn it accidental double post. Could a mod delete this please?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Excuse me but how would a Mario Warriors game be boring? Seeing as Mario has a lot of powers ups they could give to characters and they can pull characters from over the franchise. Plus just imagine having Bowser be like, what who are all these idiots who keep trying take my spotlight?! Plus mixing in Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series with main canon lines, would be really fun.
It's moreso the fact that people other franchises to get at the Musou money train, not Mario because we have to. I mean we can't just put Mario in everything now, can we.

Plus Shiggy said they were looking at other franchise crossovers like HW, SMTXFE and Super Mario Puzzles and Dragons.

Like Kirby RPG, Metroid arena based shooter (inb4 Splatoon comments), Captain Falcon 2D Beat Em Up and other genres.

Hell let's take a Nintendo franchise and put it in a genre that it would never fit, add good gameplay, heavy amount of fanservice and great music and we got a Mother Platformer from Wayforward

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hyrule Warriors is amazing as it it, I still play it, but now they have a 3DS! Version! With tetra and the king! While you steal my money nintendo?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hyrule Warriors is a way better fit for 3DS in my opinion. Short bursts of button mashing is exactly what I would want to do on the go, actually.
So super excited for this. Might end up trading in the console version for it actually.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Sonic is in Hyrule Warriors.

Sonic

is in Hyrule Warriors

w h a t

Edit: I mean of course theres still the possibility that someone just made this up. But if its true... I don't even know.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Omg....I can finally play as my favorite Zelda character! TETRA! If we don't get her as smash dlc then having her in Hyrule warriors is the next best thing! She looks like so much fun to play as.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i really don't understand all the people expecting super mario sunshine hd because... one of its main gameplay mechanics was heavily dependent on the gamecube having analog triggers. which the gamepad doesn't.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
SAAAAAANIC SPEEED

Sad that it isn't Sonic boom sonic. :troll:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i really don't understand all the people expecting super mario sunshine hd because... one of its main gameplay mechanics was heavily dependent on the gamecube having analog triggers. which the gamepad doesn't.
They could make it so that it requires a GC adapter. Hey, anything's possible.

Also real talk in regards to F-Zero and the Wii U: am I the only one who would honestly prefer GX HD to a completely new game? I feel GX reached the pinnacle of the series' evolution gameplay wise, and if they'd just give it a nice coat of HD paint, require GC controller adapters because it uses analog triggers as well, and include online and mayyyyyyybe an easier way of unlocking the AX racers I'm one step closer to transferring my Wii data and getting a U.

Last edited:

Sonic

is in Hyrule Warriors

w h a t

Edit: I mean of course theres still the possibility that someone just made this up. But if its true... I don't even know.
This may be one of the best things I have ever seen. Now I get to have sonic beat up Link! oh wait :4sonic::4link:

So doesnt this mean that this content behind a paywall of an amiibo now? I mean we already had it for mario party but now its a full on character now too :/

Khoru

Smash Champion
i'm not sure i'm ready to believe this
it's easy to say "oh they posted thing its gone now"
and that art is from sonic lost world

:4greninja:

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I can't imagine Hyrule Warriors being fun for more than 5 minutes. Probably just my bias against that style of button mashing games. (Just looks like generic enemies keep spawning, and you do the same 2-3 moves, then finish with the special). Do you guy still play the Wii U version? (If you bought it at launch)
While it is repetitive, the gameplay is more strategic and fun than you think. One of my favorite purshaces.

Though I swear, it's gonna take me 5 years to complete the adventure mode and Dlc, then this happens. ;-;

Sonic

is in Hyrule Warriors

w h a t

WHAT????
THE HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT EARLY. CODE ORANGE

Starlight_Lily

Sonic

is in Hyrule Warriors

w h a t

What...?

I don't want Sonic, I wanted the guest character to be Mario, since it would be hilarious to have Mario to be all yay, happy fun times, alongside all the 'serious' Zelda characters.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm going to call fake, mostly due to that just being the artwork from the Sonic: Lost World Zelda DLC stage.

I would say the same thing, but did we have a quality version of the box art before?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Someone put that image in a photo-manip checker. Remember when we used those?

Last edited:
oh I just blindly assumed it was true because I wasnt paying enough attention. I guess I forgot that the whole things wasnt supposed to be leaked :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If true, SEGA must be making a killing off of amiibos to licence out Sonic like that. Instead of, you know, making him plain DLC for it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait, can anyone read Japanese, if fake it may just be the same text from the Tetra/KotRL one.

D

Deleted member

Picture leaks are nothing like they used to be.
And because of my Mother 3 love.
Have this Amiibo content:
The Lucas amiibo hasn't even been shown yet, why would they make a promotion for something that you'll only be able to get in the next year

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I noticed nobody mentioned how the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors lets you change between characters on the battlefield just by tapping their icon on the bottom screen. That is an absolute game changer. Can you imagine if they added that as a new option in the Wii U version? (I mean obviously the Wii U version is getting an update when the 3DS version comes out because of new content)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Buddy texted me again from E3 show floor.

Today he apparently set up Microsoft stuff.

Put up Forza 6 booth and a HUGE Halo 5 area (he said it was MUCH bigger than most booths he's seen).

For those who are fans are Halo, maybe that means we'll be seeing a 64 person mode?

D

Deleted member

Also, screw Terta, I wanted Linebeck but she had to take the pirate motif

D

Deleted member

Sorry for double post but this has come to my attention
Either way, it would also confirm a new weapon

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Star Fox Warriors could work. Characters could be:

Fox
Falco
Slippy
Peppy
Krystal
Wolf
Leon
Pigma
Andrew
Panther

Also possible:
Tricky
General Pepper
Beltino
Bill Grey
General Scales
Katt Monroe
James McCloud
ROB 64
Yaru de Pon

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
rule 1 of picture leaks. always slanted.

why a masked man costume of all things? I mean it is a bit spoilery and plain weird.

Also extremely bland white background.
Well he already has the T-Shirt. Anyone got a checker for the Sonic one? I think it's fake but beyond what may be blurring I've got nothing.

Sorry for double post but this has come to my attention
Either way, it would also confirm a new weapon
please legitimitley be a thing. Even if its just from the backlash I need to see female link.

That and a crossbow moveset would be fun as hell.
"Masked Man" is literally just Samus's helmet colored grey.
I actually noticed that and was about to type it before I was beaten to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom