• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would love Tetra in Smash honestly. I highly doubt it would happen personally, but a man can dream.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Never uses it, but she has it.
Just like Fox never used his Blaster prior to Smash, but he had one.

Except he did something similar in Star Fox 64.

This is more akin to Falcon's gun.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, he used an over-the-shoulder homing launcher.
That's similar enough for me. :awesome:

I'm just tired of people spouting that Hyrule Warriors means nothing for Impa and then spouting about how Tetra is such a good choice using stuff from Hyrule Warriors.

It's quite frustrating to someone who's wanted Impa for a while. Strikes me as hypocritical.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So many people singing Tetra's praises now. I feel like such a hipster. Not the fashion sense, God forbid but in the I liked it before it was mainstream way.

The biggest irony is hipster culture is becoming mainstream.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly Tetra would be pretty cool. If we can't get K. Rool, at least give us this pirate.

Also, is it just me or does the 3DS version look insanely good graphically?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm just tired of people spouting that Hyrule Warriors means nothing for Impa and then spouting about how Tetra is such a good choice using stuff from Hyrule Warriors.
It's quite frustrating to someone who's wanted Impa for a while. Strikes me as hypocritical.
Stuff from Hyrule Warriors, like the sword she has in official artwork that also fits into her pirate theme?
FYI I don't she should have the flintlock if she were in Smash.

Tetra? Playable?

Why?

Because its damn awesome thats why. I mean tetra was already my 2nd most wanted zelda character for smash and my most wanted for HW so im pretty happy. But i cant watch the video for over half an hour ;_;

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stuff from Hyrule Warriors, like the sword she has in official artwork that also fits into her pirate theme?
FYI I don't she should have the flintlock if she were in Smash.
The water magic fit with the ninja theme.

Also implying that Impa can only be a ninja when she's whatever the plot wants her to be.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Not really an apples to apples comparison.

Impa has never actually even looked like the Impa from Hyrule Warriors in any other game. She shares some similarities to Skyward Sword Impa, but that's it.

Tetra is still Tetra, Toon style and all.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The King needs to have a costume based on his CDI look, and needs to use the dinner blaster as his main weapon.:awesome:
Wait, I just saw the Hyrule Warriors stuff.

Tetra? Wielding a cutlass and a flintlock?

I think we found our perfect Smash DLC candidate.
MORSHU!

You want it? Its yours my friend, as long as you have enough rupees.:roll:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing from Hyrule Warriors is the flintlock, and that may or may not be factored into Smash due to the whole firearms issue (Duck Hunt was able to get away with it due to 8-bit firearms). And even if Hyrule Warriors didn't exist and the firearms issue wasn't present, her using a flintlock may still have been considered due to fitting the pirate motif, just like Sheik was given senbon (needles), a tetsugen (iron thread; referred to as a chain in international Smash), and then houroku-hiya (ninja hand grenades) based around the ninja motif.

Tetra's always had her cutlass. She just never used it in-game due to...well...not being the main protagonist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Handheld HW looks good for a 3DS game; it's a win-win for those that wanted to try out the game/wanted it on a handheld.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To be honest, I think Nintendo will just forget about it since they probably have a lot more surprises in store.
:troll:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I GOT THAT JOB PEOPLE. TETRA IS IN HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS. SMASH MINI-DIRECT ON SUNDAY. E3 NEXT WEEK. PITCH PERFECT 3 CONFIRMED (I'M GAY AND LOVE MUSICALS SHUT UP I'LL PUNCH YOU.)

-blasts All I Do Is Win loud as hell-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Besides, it's not everyone isn't still on the Impa bandwagon anyway. :ohwell:
I've never been on the Impa bandwagon.

Impa was always the 3rd best choice to me. Tingle being 1st, Tetra being 2nd.
I've pretty much given up on Tingle due to being an Assist again (though technically, if they rename the Assist to "Toon Tingle", they can have the Tingle from Majora's Mask like how HW has him...:awesome:)

When Toon Link was revealed so early, I believed that Tetra may be joining the fight this time around. Over time, I grew more and more pessimistic about it, even going as far as when DLC came around to feel that we'd most likely get another clone in Toon Zelda (who was planned for Brawl) than having her more prominent Tetra identity.

Now that Tetra has shown directly kicking ass using her cutlass and using a flintlock to boot, I'm hopeful that she makes it into Smash again.

EDIT: "again" as in I'm hopeful again, not that she's been in Smash before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love Zelda so much I'm pretty sure I'd take whoever they gave us as a new rep. I really want Tingle, Tetra, and Impa most though.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd love to have a Subrosian in HW3DS. Those guys are so amazing.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Anyone else think that E3 will have Hyrule Warriors Mini Direct where they reveal Ganondorf for Smash?

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just really want a Zelda rep. Skull kid would be my biggest dream, because I'm a total Skull kid fanboy. Will probably never happen though.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The water magic fit with the ninja theme.

Also implying that Impa can only be a ninja when she's whatever the plot wants her to be.
Except you do remember that the entire concept of the Sheikah race is one of using shadows. And the Zelda series does call them the shadowfolk. So they are most akinned to Ninjas.

And changing Impa from a Ninja to a samurai is weird. Every incarnation of Impa has had some kind of Ninja element present, even Oracle Impa had don a disguise while protecting Din and bringing her back to Hyrule for protection.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've pretty much given up on Tingle due to being an Assist again (though technically, if they rename the Assist to "Toon Tingle", they can have the Tingle from Majora's Mask like how HW has him...:awesome:)
They could do the same thing with Skull Kid. Make the playable one have the Skull Mask from OOT (or no mask).

Soul.

I want a Zelda "rep" called Speculation.
We really need it. #Speculation4Smash

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I GOT THAT JOB PEOPLE. TETRA IS IN HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS. SMASH MINI-DIRECT ON SUNDAY. E3 NEXT WEEK. PITCH PERFECT 3 CONFIRMED (I'M GAY AND LOVE MUSICALS SHUT UP I'LL PUNCH YOU.)

-blasts All I Do Is Win loud as hell-
CONGRATULATIONS!! Proud of you, man. Glad everything worked out!

Also, yes, Tetra is awesome. Haven't seen Pitch Perfect 2.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is it safe to say Hyrule Warriors will be a franchise now?

Or do you think it'll just be a new Nintendo thing to have a Warrior's franchise?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Animal crossing warriors pls Nintendo. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom