• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Says "キジ" in Japanese. Just checked some other dictionaries. Some say it just means pheasant in general, while others say it means Green Pheasant. Considering that the Star Fox animals were based off of Japanese folklore, I'm incline to believe that he was thinking of Green Pheasants. Also, I've noticed a cultural trend where if there's a word that could have a general meaning, but it has a special particular meaning, then is almost always a particular meaning.
Also, Falco kind of looks like the pheasant from Momotaro.

My favorite version of Momotaro:
(Been wanting an excuse to post 水曜日のカンパネラ)
Well I'm sure you know a lot more about the Japanese language than I do lol!!!

It's actually interesting that he could be a green Pheasant, I guess they could have decided against the green hand feathers because it could have looked like gloves.

It's pretty weird that they called him Falco when all the other animals have their breed in their names, it was clearly going to be confusing!! Then again, "Pheasy" or "Pheaso" doesn't quite have the cool factor to it lol.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Before DLC was officially announced, this speculation group died down a bit. I'd imagine once we are through the major part of DLC (and Sakurai says, "No more DLC") then I feel some of us will move on. It's inevitable, as Smash speculation is the strongest bound between all of us.
Key word being "some".

I'm sure there'll be quite a few people who insist that more DLC is still possible, even after that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well I'm sure you know a lot more about the Japanese language than I do lol!!!

It's actually interesting that he could be a green Pheasant, I guess they could have decided against the green hand feathers because it could have looked like gloves.

It's pretty weird that they called him Falco when all the other animals have their breed in their names, it was clearly going to be confusing!! Then again, "Pheasy" or "Pheaso" doesn't quite have the cool factor to it lol.
Also, the original meaning of "blue" in Japanese includes green.
Japanese introduced a separate word for green around 800 C.E. However, there are some cases where you call things "blue", even if they are "green" (like vegetables, grass and stop lights)

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Journalism in general. Nobody actually cares what one celebrity called another celebrity, believe it or not.
It's troublesome, because it extends to "hard" news, such as politics and the economy as well. Journalists do not try to be objective in today's society, they just want to sensationalize everything in order to secure more views/clicks/subscriptions.

Gaming is the worst, though, because it is seen as an exclusive club. If a game doesn't fit into a particular genre mold a lot of sites just don't care. For comparison, you don't see music journalists (who are ALMOST as bad as game journalists) slam an album for being a pop album instead of say, a rock or hip hop album. They judge it as a pop album because they know who the intended audience is. Many game journalists have a habit of not doing that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Tetra and the King will be transferable to the Wii U version.

It was suppose to be announced at E3.

"|Hyrule Warriors All Stars" is the title.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Japanese introduced a separate word for green around 800 C.E. However, there are some cases where you call things "blue", even if they are "green" (like vegetables, grass and stop lights)

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS!
Wait, is this real?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
LOL Tecmo Koei accidentally leaked their game GG

But at the same time I am sort of upset because I don't want E3 to actually leak for real :( Kinda kills the surprises

fortunately that's just one game that is just really a demake of a recent game

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The King turns into a boat to attack people.

10/10.

Why wasn't this in the main Wii U game?!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS!

HELL YES. DAY ONE BUY BABY. ALWAYS WANTED TO PLAY HW BUT NEVER HAD A WII U BUT SCREW THAT 3DS TIME

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The King turns into a boat to attack people.

10/10.

Why wasn't this in the main Wii U game?!
because they needed to sell DLC/ an update version?

Real talk, I'm glad that the characters are at least transferable to the Wii U version. Will probably mean that they can be downloaded.

Hoping for some new other new DLC on the Wii U version (even though I only finished the base game :p)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
LOL Tecmo Koei accidentally leaked their game GG

But at the same time I am sort of upset because I don't want E3 to actually leak for real :( Kinda kills the surprises

fortunately that's just one game that is just really a demake of a recent game
Yeah, I agree. There are probably a ton of more surprises at least.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gotta love how Wind Waker got left out just to sell a 3DS version.

They have good taste or smart business goals.

Perhaps both.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Tetra gun play made me realize that she's probably the top Zelda character I would want to play as in a spin off.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So anyone willing to do a personal list of unlikely titles to be shown off that they nevertheless could possibly see at E3? I'll make mine
  • Golden Sun 4
  • Mysterious Murasame Castle 2
  • Advance Wars 3DS

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS!
Oh dear God my wallet.

I really hope this creates a whole new set of DLC for Hyrule Warriors. Skull Kid, Yuga (or Agahnim), Hilda, Nabooru, Byrne, maybe someone from the Oracles games would be awesome.

EDIT: Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Tingle is pictured with the characters in the group pic. I wonder how existing DLC will be handled for the 3DS version.

EDIT 2: Shoot! Tingle is on the cover of the 3DS version. Hmm...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tetra and the King as transfer characters reminds me of olden days of Smash rumors.

''AND ___ will transfer over to the Wii U version."

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So anyone willing to do a personal list of unlikely titles to be shown off that they nevertheless could possibly see at E3? I'll make mine
  • Golden Sun 4
  • Mysterious Murasame Castle 2
  • Advance Wars 3DS
Paper Zelda
Star Fox: Noir
Nintendogs + Metroids
Xenoblade Volley Ball (Great save Reyn!)
Duck Hunt: Dalmatian Dominion (the gritty FPS Nintendo needs)
Anything related to the Mother series

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not lying Tetra would be a day 1 main in Smash if she got in.

Tetralina would be the goal plan.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

HYRULE WARRIORS 3DS!
Okay, this is awesome. Also love that they actually have Tetra using a weapon from her art work. And awesome how they gave her flintlock pistols, if only they'd done the same for Impa and gave her Ninja weapons, and believe me, I have no problem what they did with Impa, but the fact they more like a Samurai instead of a Ninja really bothers me. Especially after they gave Impa a weapon that would have gone so well with Nabooru.

Also happy to be getting Tetra and King of Red Lions playable, but come on where's the DLC that gives us Saria, Nabooru and Groose. They are literally the only story important characters omitted from game that the base Hyrule Warriors pull from. Unless you want to count the resistance from Twilight Princess, I don't see them ever happening by the way.

Also if your wondering what weapons Saria, Nabooru and Groose would use, Saria would use her Ocarina, Nabooru could use twin Scimators or a giant ax because *Spoilers and Groose would use his loftwing

She gets turned into a Iron Knuckle

Also this needs Medli and Makar to be playable.

Edit: Forgot to put this in: Make the Groose loose already!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can get behind Tetra in Smash now with that Musket attack

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Is it just Tetra and the King or are more coming? Seems like a waste if it's only 2...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not lying Tetra would be a day 1 main in Smash if she got in.

Tetralina would be the goal plan.
I had stopped resurecting the tetra thread because I was losing hope in getting people interested. This could be what we need.

And she finally uses that damn sword of hers.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
No it should be "Duck Hunt: Dalmatian Dominion".
Fixed.

I honestly wonder if a character using a musket would be allowed in Smash by Sakurai. It's somewhat realistic, but it's also super out dated.... especially if it shoots out slow musket balls. It's kind of the difference between an ornate dagger and a combat knife (in my opinion.)

Also, on a completely serious note, Xenoblade Volley Ball would be one of my favorite games ever.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Fixed.

I honestly wonder if a character using a musket would be allowed in Smash by Sakurai. It's somewhat realistic, but it's also super out dated.... especially if it shoots out slow musket balls. It's kind of the difference between an ornate dagger and a combat knife (in my opinion.)

Also, on a completely serious note, Xenoblade Volley Ball would be one of my favorite games ever.
Bowser JR uses a cannon, same principle, just larger.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hyrule Warriors is trending worldwide on Twitter.

S*** hold your water, Nintendo. You could had won E3 with that.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Bowser JR uses a cannon, same principle, just larger.
It's not a hand held pistol, though.

Like I said before, Swords are okay but Snake's combat knife is not. Would Tetra's weapon be too close in form to actual fire arms?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Okay, this is awesome. Also love that they actually have Tetra using a weapon from her art work. And awesome how they gave her flintlock pistols, if only they'd done the same for Impa and gave her Ninja weapons, and believe me, I have no problem what they did with Impa, but the fact they more like a Samurai instead of a Ninja really bothers me. Especially after they gave Impa a weapon that would have gone so well with Nabooru.

Also happy to be getting Tetra and King of Red Lions playable, but come on where's the DLC that gives us Saria, Nabooru and Groose. They are literally the only story important characters omitted from game that the base Hyrule Warriors pull from. Unless you want to count the resistance from Twilight Princess, I don't see them ever happening by the way.

Also if your wondering what weapons Saria, Nabooru and Groose would use, Saria would use her Ocarina, Nabooru could use twin Scimators or a giant ax because *Spoilers and Groose would use his loftwing

She gets turned into a Iron Knuckle

Also this needs Medli and Makar to be playable.

Edit: Forgot to put this in: Make the Groose loose already!
Wait, we're using spoilers for a game that came out over 15 years ago...? Seems odd, but okay. And i don't think we'll ever get Saria because of Lana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom