• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
oh yeah you know that Thing i'm doing concepts of
i'm taking music suggestions
it can be just general soundtracks or specific songs or w/e
things from the games there included, because i'm familiar with approximately 1/3 of the series with characters
but... yeah
if anyone wants to get in on that

also i swear i'm not adding more characters. that's it. for real this time
unless i go back on my decision about double fine
For Shantae you need Burning Town, Shovel Knight needs plains of passage and Octodad needs his theme song.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I still think Ryu is probably going to be announced during the E3 presentation just because of who he is. Maybe there's a possibility that we could see an actual Nintendo newcomer during the 20 minute presentation. Roy is a clone veteran from what most consider to be an over-represented series already, so he won't invoke the kind of reaction that would warrent a 20 minute presentation.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So in case there are people who still care, Devil's Third has been confirmed to come out on August 28th in Europe.
Yeah I just saw that. Eh, not really interested. Games like that have been done to death.

Also ZombiU is being released on PS4 and XB. Ubisoft are such a weird company sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Also ZombiU is being released on PS4 and XB. Ubisoft are such a weird company sometimes.
It's only a rumor for now, so take it with a grain of salt.

If it's true, then what are they going to call it now? The name "ZombiU" no longer makes sense.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah I just saw that. Eh, not really interested. Games like that have been done to death.

Wut?

Shouldn't they rename it Zombie4 or ZombieONE?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder what will happen to speculation once the DLC roster is final. Eh.
This is in the general Nintendo section of the site, and we were actually the Nintendo leaks group before we were shut down, so I would imagine that we would move onto leaks and speculation for other Nintendo games until a new Smash is eventually announced.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Before DLC was officially announced, this speculation group died down a bit. I'd imagine once we are through the major part of DLC (and Sakurai says, "No more DLC") then I feel some of us will move on. It's inevitable, as Smash speculation is the strongest bound between all of us.

Personally, I'll probably keep looking for information/ translating old articles. I might just go through and translate the 64/Melee site, and Sakurai's Famitsu articles :p. There's a lot of things to find out still, as evident by my/ others numerous discoveries over the the last six months. However, I might start investigating other Nintendo series eventually to see what other information may be hidden. I think Smash was pretty special though because it's such a huge series and the number of Japanese speakers who really care about development/ speculation is somewhat limited. Especially when compared to other Nintendo series like Zelda and Mario.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Before DLC was officially announced, this speculation group died down a bit. I'd imagine once we are through the major part of DLC (and Sakurai says, "No more DLC") then I feel some of us will move on. It's inevitable, as Smash speculation is the strongest bound between all of us.

Personally, I'll probably keep looking for information/ translating old articles. I might just go through and translate the 64/Melee site, and Sakurai's Famitsu articles :p. There's a lot of things to find out still, as evident by my/ others numerous discoveries over the the last six months. However, I might start investigating other Nintendo series eventually to see what other information may be hidden. I think Smash was pretty special though because it's such a huge series and the number of Japanese speakers who really care about development/ speculation is somewhat limited. Especially when compared to other Nintendo series like Zelda and Mario.
I'll always be here....
Like a curse.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
And Legend of Zelda :awesome:
and pokemon

If push comes to shove we just expand it a bit more. i mean, its not like we didnt talk about leaks from other companies too before, and there are a few things i've always wanted to see us try once things die down (I would love to see us develop a leak (not to post... i mean, this is public now, so its not like anyone can, but for the fun and learning more about the mind of a leaker))

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

What would you say are the most interesting things that you and others have found out by doing translations lately?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Hadn't had a chance to comment on this before, but if there's any one game I'd most like to see at NWC, it's Super Mario 64. Imagine Cosmo (and possibly the other speedrunners) obliterating everyone while Arin tries to hold back the rage.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It'd be amazing if Retro did a DK64 followup rather than a TF followup.
It would annoy me so much if they did that instead of closing off a trilogy. I'd honestly be fairly surprised if they aren't working on a third DKC game right now. I'm sure they're working on multiple games though.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I think its safe to say A smash game will be at the tornement, whether its 4 or melee depends on the angle they're going at (they may only want one game per console)

if it is one game per console, i'm thinking

NES: Zelda
SNES: Mario kart
N64: either Mario 64 or Star Fox 64
Gameboy(advance): Tetris
GameCube: Melee
Wii: if its starfox on the N64 then maybe new super mario, otherwise probably wii sports
(3)DS: Pokemon, with teams the players get to choose from before the fight, if not then probably FE:A or KI:U
Wii U: Splatoon

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
It would annoy me so much if they did that instead of closing off a trilogy. I'd honestly be fairly surprised if they aren't working on a third DKC game right now. I'm sure they're working on multiple games though.
I do want K Rool back for this next iteration.
Dixie came back for the second one so it would be wonderful if he came back for the third.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As long as that's not all they're working on. I'd still love to see them make an original title.

I always thought that Raven Blade, Retro's cancelled Game Cube RPG, might be a fun idea to bring back from the dead.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
and pokemon

If push comes to shove we just expand it a bit more. i mean, its not like we didnt talk about leaks from other companies too before, and there are a few things i've always wanted to see us try once things die down (I would love to see us develop a leak (not to post... i mean, this is public now, so its not like anyone can, but for the fun and learning more about the mind of a leaker))
push comes to shove, huh? *starts shoving*

What would you say are the most interesting things that you and others have found out by doing translations lately?
I'll be able to fully answer that in the near future ;).

Here's a temporary list:

It's somewhat ordered.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Splatoon and Zelda are certain things. I can't help at think that they'll do a Mario get enough coins challenge as a throwback. Question is whether it'll be a retro to get 40 or NSMB2 and get 4 badgillion.

I'm betting the modern games will be vs ones and the retros will be score attacks.

I wonder if Square will be on board to bring back Rad Racer for it.

Challenge and fighting and fighting and challenge toniiiight~

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think its safe to say A smash game will be at the tornement, whether its 4 or melee depends on the angle they're going at (they may only want one game per console)

if it is one game per console, i'm thinking

NES: Zelda
SNES: Mario kart
N64: either Mario 64 or Star Fox 64
Gameboy(advance): Tetris
GameCube: Melee
Wii: if its starfox on the N64 then maybe new super mario, otherwise probably wii sports
(3)DS: Pokemon, with teams the players get to choose from before the fight, if not then probably FE:A or KI:U
Here's my list:
NES: Mario
SNES: Zelda or Dr. Mario
N64: Star Fox 64
Gameboy: Dr. Mario or Zelda
GameCube: Mario Kart: Double Dash
Wii: Wii Sports
3DS: Smash for Nintendo 3DS

Personally, I don't think they will go with 1 per console.

For reference, here's the original championship list:
Super Mario Bros. // Rad Racer // Tetris

NES Remix 2 version:
Super Mario Bros. // Super Mario Bros. 3 // Dr. Mario

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Splatoon and Zelda are certain things. I can't help at think that they'll do a Mario get enough coins challenge as a throwback. Question is whether it'll be a retro to get 40 or NSMB2 and get 4 badgillion.

I'm betting the modern games will be vs ones and the retros will be score attacks.

I wonder if Square will be on board to bring back Rad Racer for it.

Challenge and fighting and fighting and challenge toniiiight~
I loved that game as a kid. Still one of my favorite game endings of all time!

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Here's my list:
NES: Mario
SNES: Zelda or Dr. Mario
N64: Star Fox 64
Gameboy: Dr. Mario or Zelda
GameCube: Mario Kart: Double Dash
Wii: Wii Sports
3DS: Smash for Nintendo 3DS

Personally, I don't think they will go with 1 per console.

For reference, here's the original championship list:
Super Mario Bros. // Rad Racer // Tetris

NES Remix 2 version:
Super Mario Bros. // Super Mario Bros. 3 // Dr. Mario
we already know we have NES zelda though

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Lol, I meant in terms of facts (like, Blastoise planned for Pokemon Trainer), but I understand why you linked back to your pages. I get email notifications for each one, so I read them. ;)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't want to view it as a trilogy. I want it to be a 1-per gen kind of thing like they do with Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash etc.

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn Falco is a Pheasant, not a Falcon.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Not according to Sakurai.

1. I guess he's a peregrine falcon.
Something I'm sure most people here know, but peregrine falcon is hayabusa in Japanese... something I know from brand of motorcycles and from Ninja Gaiden.

Both peregrine falcon and dragon imagery are used for Ryu Hayabusa because he is a warrior of the dragon lineage from the Peregrine Falcon clan. It's also, you know, literally his name (Ryu=Dragon Hayabusa=Falcon.)

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
So I want to Best Buy, yesterday, and they had like 20 Metaknight amiibos. I haven't really been following the amiibo news that much, but are those generally rare?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hmm that's interesting, I always thought he was possibly a vietnamese Pheasant. That would explain why his hand feathers are blue.

Many other Pheasants like the one I posted above has brown feathers.
Says "キジ" in Japanese. Just checked some other dictionaries. Some say it just means pheasant in general, while others say it means Green Pheasant. Considering that the Star Fox animals were based off of Japanese folklore, I'm incline to believe that he was thinking of Green Pheasants. Also, I've noticed a cultural trend where if there's a word that could have a general meaning, but it has a special particular meaning, then is almost always a particular meaning.
Also, Falco kind of looks like the pheasant from Momotaro.

My favorite version of Momotaro:
(Been wanting an excuse to post 水曜日のカンパネラ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom