• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Was stalking the amiibo subreddit and stumbled upon this.

Literally just looks like someone threw something together in Word. As much as I'd love Chibi-Robo...
-we already have a Mario hat for the Mii's
-"Captain K Rool"... I'm pretty sure it should be "King" unless they threw him in the pirate costume by default for whatever reason
-Was posted by a one-hour old reddit account

So yeah, pretty much fake.
Roy being the easiest to make.
And the fact he hasn't been officialy determined.
You can't get much worse than this.
And no Wolf. So it doesn't please me.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Literally just looks like someone threw something together in Word. As much as I'd love Chibi-Robo...
-"Captain K Rool"... I'm pretty sure it should be "King" unless they threw him in the pirate costume by default for whatever reason

As a copywriter/editor, that is the worst thing I have ever read.

I'd like to think Nintendo's comms team is a bit better than that.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Damn, I don't even care if those two "I work for Nintendo, but I hate them" leaks were fake or not. I want to see a fan made video of that Wonder Red trailer ASAP.
I don't have the ability to make a video, but here's some fanart.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman

Don't see Pichu on there. Gatta be fake mang :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I could print this in Microsoft Word anytime I want. :p
Isn't there more professional fonts Nintendo uses.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Or they could take a page out of Project M's book and give us OOT skins for the Zelda cast as a throwback to Melee. Heck, Classic skins for everyone who's look has been updated significantly in SSB4 (like Marth and Ike).

Shulk is pretty much built for this kind of thing. I'd love to see the High Entia armor.

I got few ideas for costumes

Retro Pack
Smash Pack (Usual generic alts like Sunshine Mario or Hyrule Warriors Link)
Summer Pack (Alts like Swimsuit Shulk or Goggles Pikachu)
Street Fighter Pack
Holiday Pack (Halloween and Christmas)

US exclusive: Let Freedom Ring - A red, white and blue alt for every character who doesnt have it

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I want them all!

Palutena is probably all like, why is everyone staring at me?
Awesome, should hopefully get them next week through Amazon.JP/Tenso.

Sadly though, I made an order, then made another cheaper order hoping I could cancel the first one. Will be stuck with 2 Wave 5a(s). Not into selling stuff myself, so trying to get my ~$100 back will be annoying.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The amount of rage this would spawn would be insane.

Like, I almost want it to happen.
And then Sakurai continues to insist that Ridley is too big to properly be made playable, while Giant Robot would always be in the background, and you would just control his torso and make him punch stuff on the stage.

EDIT: Weird mobile device glitches and tells me lies involving there being new posts and says it's Ok to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Giant robot's gimmick/the unique thing he brings to the table in Smash is that you control him with motion controls! :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I know it is way too early in this thread's lifetime for ****posting but I couldnt resist
"Now, now, Luke, there's always time for a good ****post."
- Professor Hershely's Chocolayton

Giant robot's gimmick/the unique thing he brings to the table in Smash is that you control him with motion controls! :troll:
That reminds me if the time where Sakurai made a Miiverse post about one of Rosalina's moves (either her Up-Special or Side-Special) and pointed out that you had to use motion controls to use it.........in Mario Galaxy.
Everyone had a mini heart attack.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
It also doesn't match their usual format. Nintendo does not list just a phone number for press inquiries, they list the names of the representatives and PR firm in question so media know exactly who they're calling for questions on that title/product.

That's on top of them using a different post-announcement blurb, usually one talking either about how to get press access (which IS odd since such announcements already go out to press specifically?), and/or mentioning parental controls on their systems.

Just one more reason not to trust that silly letter. Some random elements of it may be true, but they're ones we already have evidence for.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Kaptain K.Rool is much, much, much cooler than King K.Rool.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
>remembers this is a social thread for everything and not just Nintendo

Guys, I have an amazing story.

So today was my last English class of the year. Classes end tomorrow, but tomorrow is the day in the schedule where English is swapped out for Music.

Anyway, my English teacher, let's call him Mr. David, doesn't have his own classes, so he uses other teachers' classrooms for his classes. For my class, he uses a Spanish teacher's room. We'll call this Spanish teacher Sr. Taco. So, naturally, being a Spanish teacher, Sr. Taco has a Luchador mask in the corner of his classroom.

Mr. David usually doesn't show up until one or two minutes after the bell rings, so Sr. Taco watches us until then. In this time today, I explained to Mr. Taco that it was our last English class for the year, therefore our last class with our teacher (since he is exclusively a Freshman English teacher). I asked him if I can wear the Luchador mask to celebrate the final day of class.

He says yes.

After I put it on, he suggests to the whole class that we all sit down quietly, face the front of the room, and act completely natural, while I do the same wearing a Luchador mask, just to see Mr. David's reaction to the whole thing.

We managed to get most of the class seated quietly and if any student walked in, we yelled at them to sit down and be quiet, since Mr. David could come in any second.

Eventually everyone came to the class, and the entire class was sitting down quietly, facing the front of the room, completely emotionlessly, while I wear a Luchador mask.

Mr. David came in and laughed, and the entire class burst into laughter, and it was great.

If you can't tell, I act exactly as I do in real life as I do on the boards.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
6月14日23:40、ひさびさに『スマブラ』の特別番組を作りました。アップデート寸前にその内容を解説します。お楽しみにしていただければと思います。
I made a special program for Smash which will air 11:40 Pm on June 14th. It will go over the contents featured in that update before its released. Please look forward to it.
Thank you. This lets me know that well have no new content during that time. Thatll be for the Presentation at E3

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Thank you. This lets me know that well have no new content during that time. Thatll be for the Presentation at E3
Do you really think they filmed a whole new presentation just to talk about Lucas, Mii Fighter Costumes and the Miiverse stage? Personally, I think the update has more than that especially since it'll likely be around 20 minutes.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
>remembers this is a social thread for everything and not just Nintendo

Guys, I have an amazing story.

So today was my last English class of the year. Classes end tomorrow, but tomorrow is the day in the schedule where English is swapped out for Music.

Anyway, my English teacher, let's call him Mr. David, doesn't have his own classes, so he uses other teachers' classrooms for his classes. For my class, he uses a Spanish teacher's room. We'll call this Spanish teacher Sr. Taco. So, naturally, being a Spanish teacher, Sr. Taco has a Luchador mask in the corner of his classroom.

Mr. David usually doesn't show up until one or two minutes after the bell rings, so Sr. Taco watches us until then. In this time today, I explained to Mr. Taco that it was our last English class for the year, therefore our last class with our teacher (since he is exclusively a Freshman English teacher). I asked him if I can wear the Luchador mask to celebrate the final day of class.

He says yes.

After I put it on, he suggests to the whole class that we all sit down quietly, face the front of the room, and act completely natural, while I do the same wearing a Luchador mask, just to see Mr. David's reaction to the whole thing.

We managed to get most of the class seated quietly and if any student walked in, we yelled at them to sit down and be quiet, since Mr. David could come in any second.

Eventually everyone came to the class, and the entire class was sitting down quietly, facing the front of the room, completely emotionlessly, while I wear a Luchador mask.

Mr. David came in and laughed, and the entire class burst into laughter, and it was great.

If you can't tell, I act exactly as I do in real life as I do on the boards.
That must have been great! Glad to know your teachers have a sense of humor!:laugh:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Or they could take a page out of Project M's book and give us OOT skins for the Zelda cast as a throwback to Melee. Heck, Classic skins for everyone who's look has been updated significantly in SSB4 (like Marth and Ike).

Shulk is pretty much built for this kind of thing. I'd love to see the High Entia armor.
Still bummed we didn't get a googles alt for Shulk.

Glad someone else feels this way. It really helps separate him from the other Nintendo King villains (Bowser, Dedede, and ESPECIALLY Wart.)

The Kaptain get up was really unique and I really do wish it was his standard get up.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am definitely expecting something new at Sunday, and if we don't get anything new (which is extremely unlikely Imo) then we are definitely getting something at the E3 Direct.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Do you really think they filmed a whole new presentation just to talk about Lucas, Mii Fighter Costumes and the Miiverse stage? Personally, I think the update has more than that especially since it'll likely be around 20 minutes.
It's possible that if he shows off Roy, he might show his move set, maybe they made a few slight changes?

Soul.

I wonder what will happen to speculation once the DLC roster is final. Eh.

Zynux

Smash Lord
True. I also think the theme of pirates fits a bit more with the Kremlings then the Military get-up in DKC1, but I would think that there's no way they would forego the far more iconic King design for Smash.

But then again, they did it for Wario, to my displeasure.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
You can easily fit all that in 20 mins. Also, I expect Tournament mode and all of its internet gizmos.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
... Quick, someone remind me how was post-launch Brawl again
In terms of character speculation? Pretty much completely dead. Then it was revived a bit when they announced a new Smash at e3 2011.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You can easily fit all that in 20 mins. Also, I expect Tournament mode and all of its internet gizmos.
I think they would have announced Tourney mode if it was going to be available. The only possible excuse would be if it's going to be used in the upcoming Nintendo World Championship, but they wanted to keep it a "secret".

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I think they would have announced Tourney mode if it was going to be available. The only possible excuse would be if it's going to be used in the upcoming Nintendo World Championship, but they wanted to keep it a "secret".
So what are you expecting in this 20 min infomercial? Cause Im all out of ideas. And according to that Tweet, all were getting is Update Content.

Soul.

We start talking about SSBNX for the next 6-8 years until Nintendo announces that the next Smash is mobile exclusive.
nobody knows what the NX is tho
is it a new handheld (pls be one)? console? a boring piece of hardware with Android? meh
In terms of character speculation? Pretty much completely dead. Then it was revived a bit when they announced a new Smash at e3 2011.
Oh.
"hurr durr we care about characters more" lol

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Edit: Can't believe I overlooked this... but as many people pointed out, Ridley.

This is a more serious leak,
Kravindish Fighter for Wii U, leaked footage.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So what are you expecting in this 20 min infomercial? Cause Im all out of ideas. And according to that Tweet, all were getting is Update Content.
The update will include stuff that hasn't been announced yet. That's why it's going to take 20 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom