• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Before DLC was officially announced, this speculation group died down a bit. I'd imagine once we are through the major part of DLC (and Sakurai says, "No more DLC") then I feel some of us will move on. It's inevitable, as Smash speculation is the strongest bound between all of us.
Smash speculation is the best part of the game. :113:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow hyrule warriors for 3DS. Just as I traded in the Wii U version. How convenient. Also looking forward to Tetra smash leaks as mentioned now because of this. :troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Also, did anyone catch the awesome remix of the Wind Waker theme playing in the background?
My main concern is the touch screen. it looks like touching the portrait will active the special attack. The game is already difficult to play with a Wii Remote/Nun-chuck combo. Gamepad and Classic Controller (If I owned one) are the only ways to play this game IMO.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wait, we're using spoilers for a game that came out over 15 years ago...? Seems odd, but okay. And i don't think we'll ever get Saria because of Lana.
On a message board centered around a series that features an even bigger spoiler from said game from 15 years ago.

:sheilda:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My main concern is the touch screen. it looks like touching the portrait will active the special attack. The game is already difficult to play with a Wii Remote/Nun-chuck combo. Gamepad and Classic Controller (If I owned one) are the only ways to play this game IMO.
No, I think the idea is that you can swap characters at any time?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Wait, we're using spoilers for a game that came out over 15 years ago...? Seems odd, but okay. And i don't think we'll ever get Saria because of Lana.
What are you talking about Ocarina of Time 3D is only 4 years old. :troll:

We can still have Saria and Lana. Like I said Saria would just use her ocarina, there still plenty you good to with that by pulling from all the different songs that have magic in them. The Song of Storms bringing on storms. Also who the hell doesn't want to hear awesome remixes of some songs done on Ocarina. I'd love to hear Ballad of Gales on a Ocarina.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
No, I think the idea is that you can swap characters at any time?
I was wondering about that. That would be pretty crazy if that's the case. Will the AI just take over the characters? Would change up the gameplay a bit and somewhat create more strategy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still wondering what could :4tlink: have to separate himself from the pack?

Probably some Spirit Tracks and Minsh Cap stuff

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, this is awesome. Also love that they actually have Tetra using a weapon from her art work. And awesome how they gave her flintlock pistols, if only they'd done the same for Impa and gave her Ninja weapons, and believe me, I have no problem what they did with Impa, but the fact they more like a Samurai instead of a Ninja really bothers me. Especially after they gave Impa a weapon that would have gone so well with Nabooru.

Also happy to be getting Tetra and King of Red Lions playable, but come on where's the DLC that gives us Saria, Nabooru and Groose. They are literally the only story important characters omitted from game that the base Hyrule Warriors pull from. Unless you want to count the resistance from Twilight Princess, I don't see them ever happening by the way.

Also if your wondering what weapons Saria, Nabooru and Groose would use, Saria would use her Ocarina, Nabooru could use twin Scimators or a giant ax because *Spoilers and Groose would use his loftwing

She gets turned into a Iron Knuckle

Also this needs Medli and Makar to be playable.

Edit: Forgot to put this in: Make the Groose loose already!
If Groose, Saria, Nabooru etc. were playable, this is what their movesets could be:

Saria: Uses her Fairy Ocarina, Deku Sticks, Deku Nuts, etc. Summons Deku Scrubs which spring from the ground.

Nabooru: Uses dual Scimitars (like Zant) and desert magic, and summons Gerudo Warriors to fight alongside her.

Groose: Throws rotten eggs and Bombs, rides his Loftwing, and uses the Groosinator to launch himself into enemies like a cannonball.

Medli and Makar: Use their harp and cello in unison to perform magic attacks.
(This should be in Smash)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What did I just watch? and can anyone read the splash art?
Wrestler: 参戦 (Joining the battle)
Reporter: 観戦 (watching a sport)
Chorus Men: 参戦 (Joining the battle)

Faker than fake. But well animated and the use of Captain Falcon made me smile.

Video description says it was made to commemorate the sale of the new Rhythm Heaven game.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah, well made, but those lines are just bad
Japanese fighter intro movies all have "joining the battle" tag lines. Thank Nintendo of America for the amazing job with localizing them with puns.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Looks like it was made by the same guy who did this:

Good stuff. Rhythm Heaven needs way more love.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
If Groose, Saria, Nabooru etc. were playable, this is what their movesets could be:

Saria: Uses her Fairy Ocarina, Deku Sticks, Deku Nuts, etc. Summons Deku Scrubs which spring from the ground.

Nabooru: Uses dual Scimitars (like Zant) and desert magic, and summons Gerudo Warriors to fight alongside her.

Groose: Throws rotten eggs and Bombs, rides his Loftwing, and uses the Groosinator to launch himself into enemies like a cannonball.

Medli and Makar: Use their harp and cello in unison to perform magic attacks.
(This should be in Smash)
Like your ideas, but I prefer Saria using her Ocarina to use the magic songs to do different things on the battlefield The Sun's Song could literally summon a sun
Don't post that Brawl in the Family comic, you know which one
Use Epona's song to have Epona come and run over enemies.

For Medli and Makar I wasn't saying that they'd be together, but that is interesting idea, seeing as they're the sages who power the Master Sword.

For them I was thinking more along the lines of Makar using his trees that you used in the ind Temple. And for Medli to use light that reflects off of her harp. But it defiantly would be cute to see Medli carrying around Makar on her head.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hyrule Warriors on New 3DS?
Eh, I'd buy it. But I do want Tingle. It's not the same without him.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Some people continue to write That hyrule warrior is only "for new 3ds" when at the end Of the trailer we see a 3ds box ...

Good Job people

D

Deleted member

Wait, I just saw the Hyrule Warriors stuff.

Tetra? Wielding a cutlass and a flintlock?

I think we found our perfect Smash DLC candidate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, I just saw the Hyrule Warriors stuff.

Tetra? Wielding a cutlass and a flintlock?

I think we found our perfect Smash DLC candidate.
Nu-uh!

Hyrule Warriors doesn't mean **** brah.

Especially with moveset potential.

Didn't those Impa debates teach you anything?

After all, you don't want Tetra for Tetra, you want some pirate chick with a cutlass.

:dizzy:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Hyrule Warriors is trending worldwide on Twitter.

S*** hold your water, Nintendo. You could had won E3 with that.
Well, its like an early Christmas present, and who doesnt like early Christmas presents? Besides, Im sure that video didnt have all the info that will be said at E3. And this is a remake. I have a feeling Nintendo will be Smashing the competition this year.

D

Deleted member

Nu-uh!

Hyrule Warriors doesn't mean **** brah.

Especially with moveset potential.

Didn't those Impa debates teach you anything?

After all, you don't want Tetra for Tetra, you want some pirate chick with a cutlass.

:dizzy:
Yet unlike Impa, Tetra has her cutlass in the games she's in. :troll:

It's the flintlock that's new. :awesome:

EDIT: Besides, Toon Link looks awful lonely when standing with the TP Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and TP-inspired Sheik.
He needs company, and Tetra is the perfect option. That way, no one can complain about another clone in Toon Zelda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom