• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sorry for double post but this has come to my attention
Either way, it would also confirm a new weapon
I saw that earlier. I'd say the possibility of the crossbow belonging to a new character is higher than normal, considering no other Alternate weapons like the Fire Rod are shown in the same group shot.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Also, screw Terta, I wanted Linebeck but she had to take the pirate motif
Your complaint about Linebeck doesn't work. He isn't a pirate, he's a treasure hunter. Meaning someone who looks for lost treasure in different locales, meaning he stays with the law. Where as Tetra is a pirate, meaning she is a criminal, and she has stolen things before, that time she raided the Windfall Island's bomb shop.

D

Deleted member

Your complaint about Linebeck doesn't work. He isn't a pirate, he's a treasure hunter. Meaning someone who looks for lost treasure in different locales, meaning he stays with the law. Where as Tetra is a pirate, meaning she is a criminal, and she has stolen things before, that time she raided the Windfall Island's bomb shop.
Well, he's a sailor.
Sailors travel through the sea
So do pirates
As such sailor=pirate
#flawlesslogic
Even then that's the most they could do to his moveset

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a screenshot of the part in the HW video so we cna compare it to that sonic image.
HW Screenshot.png

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I can't imagine Hyrule Warriors being fun for more than 5 minutes. Probably just my bias against that style of button mashing games. (Just looks like generic enemies keep spawning, and you do the same 2-3 moves, then finish with the special). Do you guy still play the Wii U version? (If you bought it at launch)
The mainline Zelda games aren't exactly Dark Souls, especially the last couple, but Hyrule Warriros was too easy to keep my attention. Considering that the generic mooks will never kill you, much less even touch you, the only real challenge falls on the bosses, which, barring a few exceptions, can all be beaten by button mashing. It's flashy, though, I'll give them that, and while I don't agree with every design choice, the developers clearly show a lot of love for the IP. My 8 year old sister loves the game, though. One of the few games she can play without any help.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Here's a screenshot of the part in the HW video so we cna compare it to that sonic image.
View attachment 55930
you can tell with some of the kana, especially ク, that it's a different typeface

wait are there actually any shared characters beyond that and the vowel elongation thing
shrugs

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
While the Sonic thing is most likely fake, I believe it would be interesting if other characters crossed over in HW.

Think, perhaps, the Fire Emblem cast in HW.

Starlight_Lily

Well, he's a sailor.
Sailors travel through the sea
So do pirates
As such sailor=pirate
#flawlesslogic
Even then that's the most they could do to his moveset
Well they could still do a lot with Linebeck. I mean its not like Tetra nicked every weapon a sailor uses. Linebeck's weapon could be based around what is on his boat in Phantom Hourglass. But I don't think we'll ever see him, unless there is a Hyrule Warriors 2. Since Tecmo Koei is only pulling from the 3D console Zeldas. I would have loved to play as Ralph, Din or Nayru from the Oracle games.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It's nice to see some Tetra love finally. Tetra or (Skyward Sword) Impa are my most wanted Zelda newcomers, even though I think Toon Zelda is the most deserving or logical.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
More stuff happened while I was sleeping...

Anyways, It's about time I see some love for Tetra in this household! She was one of the characters I wanted in Smash 4 the most and I really hoped that she would get in Hyrule Warriers.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wow, what's with all the really stupid image leaks today?

The "Sonic in Hyrule Warriors" one makes no sense, and I don't know what the hell was up with the Lucas one. Disregarding the "DURRRR LUCAS IN SMASH = MOTHER 3 LOCALIZATION!" nonsense being repeated yet again, the Masked Man part is downright bizarre. We know what amiibo do in Smash Bros. Why would Lucas unlock a costume?

rule 1 of picture leaks. always slanted.

why a masked man costume of all things? I mean it is a bit spoilery and plain weird.

Also extremely bland white background.
It's a crappy fake leak, but "Too spoilery" isn't really a reason why it's fake.

Smash games feature spoilers without warning constantly. Zelda/Sheik was a walking spoiler, and we've got the Mechon Fiora trophy as well. Not to mention Brawl's Porky battle.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's nice to see some Tetra love finally. Tetra or (Skyward Sword) Impa are my most wanted Zelda newcomers, even though I think Toon Zelda is the most deserving or logical.
My most wanted Zelda newcomer was Skull Kid because Majora's Mask was so great. I'd rather have Tetra than Toon Zelda, as the piratey theme gives her a unique moveset possibility (using her cutlass and pistol), whereas I always saw Toon Zelda as being a likely Zelda clone.

What would be quite cool is if the character was named Tetra, with a Piratey moveset and they did a 4/4 thing like Wario. It's the same character after all.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
My most wanted Zelda newcomer was Skull Kid because Majora's Mask was so great. I'd rather have Tetra than Toon Zelda, as the piratey theme gives her a unique moveset possibility (using her cutlass and pistol), whereas I always saw Toon Zelda as being a likely Zelda clone.

What would be quite cool is if the character was named Tetra, with a Piratey moveset and they did a 4/4 thing like Wario. It's the same character after all.
I would be ok with a Toon version of Zelda being similar to regular Zelda. Maybe they could improve upon her moveset with different hitboxes and a few different moves. I've always found Zelda difficult to play.

I don't really think her sharing a moveset and being alts with Tetra would work, logistically.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

They could easily have given Toon Zelda based around using her armours from Spirit Tracks, but Zelda put a stop to that. Stupid Zelda Down B. Please note a moveset based around the Phantoms would have worked since the Phantoms Zelda posses do different things depending on which one she is in.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

The "Sonic in Hyrule Warriors" one makes no sense, and I don't know what the hell was up with the Lucas one. Disregarding the "DURRRR LUCAS IN SMASH = MOTHER 3 LOCALIZATION!" nonsense being repeated yet again, the Masked Man part is downright bizarre. We know what amiibo do in Smash Bros. Why would Lucas unlock a costume?

It's a crappy fake leak, but "Too spoilery" isn't really a reason why it's fake.

Smash games feature spoilers without warning constantly. Zelda/Sheik was a walking spoiler, and we've got the Mechon Fiora trophy as well. Not to mention Brawl's Porky battle.
To be fair Burb if they are going to do it.
Now is the time.
What with all the clues.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would be ok with a Toon version of Zelda being similar to regular Zelda. Maybe they could improve upon her moveset with different hitboxes and a few different moves. I've always found Zelda difficult to play.

I don't really think her sharing a moveset and being alts with Tetra would work, logistically.
The Zelda series is already a little clone heavy (and I kinda really want YL back), so if we got a newcomer then I'd rather it be one that had a unique moveset. Not that I would mind Toon Zelda if she were added. I just think Tetra would be a more fun spin on having another Zelda (it would be pretty cool to have Zelda, Tetra and Sheik, especially as they're all different characters).

I don't even like Dark Souls. It was to establish the Zelda games aren't hard. Cause they ain't.
Oh you're talking about difficulty. I thought you were implying the modern Zelda games weren't that good.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This amuses me greatly.

Pretty sure transformers will be included, since Hasbro is already involved with GI Joe. (Transformers is a bit more complicated, though, as you would also need approval from Takara.)

So, with the Master of the Universe and GI Joe involved, will we also be able to use Hordak's forces or Cobra?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I wouldn't mind seeing Zelda with a faster and more agile playstyle and having a larger emphasis on magic instead of kicks so I can see Toon Zelda doing that very well. Much like Toon Link does from Link. Tetra with a pirate based playstyle would be great too. I wouldn't even mind her using some of Toon Link's weapons from Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass too. The Grappling Hook in particular would be interesting.

Anyway, I'm liking all this Wind Waker love today. It's pretty cool to see the King of Hyrule as a playable character too in Hyrule Warriors. c:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
To think that Windwaker was so unpopular a while ago. I've personally loved it since release. It really deserves the love though, such a great game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

The "Sonic in Hyrule Warriors" one makes no sense,
Same for Link and Yoshi in Lost World DHUUUUU .

Well even if i wanted it to be true ... It will not happen , soo bad . FAKE .

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To think that Windwaker was so unpopular a while ago. I've personally loved it since release. It really deserves the love though, such a great game.
A Link to the Past and the Minish Cap is what got me interested (Started trying out the Zelda series with the GBA). Wind Waker was what ultimately got me into becoming a Zelda fan.

I'm honestly very happy to see it becoming one of the most popular games in the series. It deserves it like you said.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Majora's Mask was hated too.

I think they're both in the same camp that Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star are in now. The games weren't Ocarina of Time or TTYD so people hate on them.

Frankly it's Twilight that I thought was quite a weak game. It kind of just felt to me like it was OOT + a random Wolf mode thrown in.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm leaning towards "fake" on the Sonic in Hyrule Warriors leak too.

The source of the Sonic leak came from the Zelda reddit, by an account that was created AFTER the game was leaked. No one else has ever reported about Sega JP tweeting this other than the leaker himself. Highly suspicious.

I think they're both in the same camp that Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star are in now. The games weren't Ocarina of Time or TTYD so people hate on them.

Frankly it's Twilight that I thought was quite a weak game. It kind of just felt to me like it was OOT + a random Wolf mode thrown in.

Can't tell if you're being serious. A lot of hate on Sticker Star was justified, and Super Paper Mario just wasn't that fun of a game to me. This has nothing to do with them not being PM64 or TTYD.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Yeah, Majora's Mask got a lot of unjust hate for a very long time too.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

The source of the Sonic leak came from the Zelda reddit, by an account that was created AFTER the game was leaked. No one else has ever reported about Sega JP tweeting this other than the leaker himself. Highly suspicious.

Can't tell if you're being serious. A lot of hate on Sticker Star was justified, and Super Paper Mario just wasn't that fun of a game to me. This has nothing to do with them not being PM64 or TTYD.
I genuinely enjoy both Sticker Star and SPM for what they are. TTYD is a top 10 game of all time for me, but not every game has to be an all-time great. I greatly enjoyed both SPM and Sticker Star and that's all that really matters, despite their inferiority to TTYD.

It's fair enough if you genuinely don't like them. But a lot of people hate on them without being able to give decent reasoning as to why. Sometimes it's just cool to hate things, and I get the impression that it's cool to hate those games.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
About the Zelda newcomer talk...
Ganon for the win!

:troll:

In other news, hello everyone! :estatic:
I'm a looong time lurker now... since yesterday *cough*
Most likely, I won't post a lot... but...

Naoshi

I genuinely enjoy both Sticker Star and SPM for what they are. TTYD is a top 10 game of all time for me, but not every game has to be an all-time great. I greatly enjoyed both SPM and Sticker Star and that's all that really matters, despite their inferiority to TTYD.

It's fair enough if you genuinely don't like them. But a lot of people hate on them without being able to give decent reasoning as to why. Sometimes it's just cool to hate things, and I get the impression that it's cool to hate those games.
So you just outright assume people hate it (sticker star) because it isn't TTYD, nevermind the fact people have pointed out several flaws of the game. Great.

Generalizing opinions is reallllyy dumb.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I feel like them adding Wind Waker characters almost assures me for a Season 2 DLC pack for HW or something. haha

Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds pack with a Ravio costume for Link (or Ravio as a playable character) and then an Irene costume for either Lana or Cia?
Skyward Sword pack with Demise costume for Ganondork and SS Impa costume?
Four Swords pack with the Four Sword weapon for Link (or Young Link) where combos send out other Links (like Cia summons Dark Links)

NINTENDO. HIRE ME FOR DLC IDEAS. I GOT A MILLION OF 'EM.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

The Sonic leak would, were it legitimate, include a Sega copyright next to the Nintendo one.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So you just outright assume people hate it because it isn't TTYD, nevermind the fact people have pointed out several flaws of the game. Great.

Generalizing opinions is reallllyy dumb.
I wasn't generalizing, I was referring to the people (like the ones on gamefaqs) who just say "cos it sux" when you ask them what they didn't like about it.
And even slightly less ignorantly, people have outright said to me in the past that they didn't like it because it wasn't like TTYD. So............. Very comparable to the WW/MM situation.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Thing is, unlike Sticker Star, MM/WW has a very noticeable cult following. The people that disliked MM/WW has moved on and the rest will remember them as great but different games. SS is the kind of game that many had pointed out legit flaws and it will forever be remember as a poor game by many. That game has far more poor responses than both Zelda games did.

SPM ok maybe I can give you that? It was different, which I didn't mind, I personally didn't enjoyed it due to some tedious things that kinda hurted the game for me. But it definitely has a cult following.

I don't think SS is in a similar situation at all. Had it been fixed with the flaws it had, it would probably be much much more well received.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom