• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thing is, unlike Sticker Star, MM/WW has a very noticeable cult following. The people that disliked MM/WW has moved on and the rest will remember them as great but different games. SS is the kind of game that many had pointed out legit flaws and it will forever be remember as a poor game by many. That game has far more poor responses than both Zelda games did.

SPM ok maybe I can give you that? It was different, which I didn't mind, I personally didn't enjoyed it due to some tedious things that kinda hurted the game for me. But it definitely has a cult following.

I don't think SS is in a similar situation at all. Had it been fixed with the flaws it had, it would probably be much much more well received.
I think if they didn't advertise it as a return to basics for Paper Mario then I wouldn't have been so burned. And next time at least give Mario a free attack rather than making the whole game inventory tetris.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thing is, unlike Sticker Star, MM/WW has a very noticeable cult following. The people that disliked MM/WW has moved on and the rest will remember them as great but different games. SS is the kind of game that many had pointed out legit flaws and it will forever be remember as a poor game by many. That game has far more poor responses than both Zelda games did.
This was the go to response for MM/WW/TP for years though.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Correct me if i'm wrong
Sunday:Lucas release date
Monday:Smash mini direct(kinda)
Tuesday:Sonic boom fire & Ice
Today:Hyrule warriors 3ds

Talk about a week

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
First two games, though. Especially Zelda II. Rest are not particularly hard by any means.
First game's not so bad. The only hard thing about it is the lack of direction. And the occasional Darknut infestation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think if they didn't advertise it as a return to basics for Paper Mario then I wouldn't have been so burned. And next time at least give Mario a free attack rather than making the whole game inventory tetris.
Pretty much. Part of the battle system does fit the "basic style" of the first game, but that's about it. I mean, I enjoyed the game, but it still has its own legit set of problems. The battles are pretty much worthless. Strategy is dumbed down, although still there, at least. You can't do a basic attack without a sticker, and I would take a weak attack even so for that. Like, lowest level move.

First game's not so bad. The only hard thing about it is the lack of direction. And the occasional Darknut infestation.
I've never beaten it without tons of game overs. That said, Slash is the most important tool to add, which improves it immensely.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Darknuts in the first game are the worst, I swear.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Sonic in Hyrule Warriors thing is probably fake, but I'm not sure how I would feel about it if it was real.
Though a South Island Warriors would be pretty cool...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sonic is in Hyrule Warriors.

Sonic

is in Hyrule Warriors

w h a t

Edit: I mean of course theres still the possibility that someone just made this up. But if its true... I don't even know.
The Japanese text on imgur is very different from the text in the picture.
ソニックアミーボでソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグのロックを解除
Literal translation: with the Sonic amiibo, cancel the lock on Sonic the Hedgehog.

The reason I went with "cancel the lock" instead of unlock is because it sounds weird. Doing a quick Google search with the Japanese term they used. it's used in cases were people have forgotten their password and they need to unlock their account.

With the Spinner, it was always 手入れ (to get/ obtain) that was used in my experience.

Also the bottom of the image says the same exact thing as the King or Red Lions/ Tetra part of the video, down to requiring both versions of the game.

Tl;Dr: someone used Google translate to write the text. Also the font is totally different, check out the line in both images.
Going back to bed.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This was the go to response for MM/WW/TP for years though.
This.

Like I said, I don't mind if people legitimately don't like the games. I just don't like the people who just jump on the bandwagon of hating something because everyone else does.

Not saying @ Naoshi Naoshi is a bandwagoner, as he's legitimately the only person who I've ever seen lay out a clear and concise reasoning as to why he dislikes those games.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Here's a screenshot of the part in the HW video so we cna compare it to that sonic image.
View attachment 55930
Thanks for posting this.
The line is very different in both of these. The bottom line in amiibo is completely flat while the line in character has a slight tick to the left. Besides the other reasons I said just now, it adds to the image being fake.

A Fire Emblem Warriors would be awesome... but I doubt it would happen since Nintendo hates Fire Emblem.
What? Have you seen Fire Emblem IF, the new trading cards? The amiibo support in STEAM? The crossover game?
It's a good time to be a Fire Emblem fan.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
A Fire Emblem Warriors would be awesome... but I doubt it would happen since Nintendo hates Fire Emblem.
I think Emblem Warriors could possibly be the next best option, but if is coming soon and so is SMTxFE.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm probably in the minority of wanting Toon Link/Wind Waker Link in Hyrule Warriors. Mainly because he's my #1 favourite Zelda character.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Things always happen while I'm either sleeping or at work :c. Anyways, love the new character choices for Hyrule Warriors. Tetra's going to be awesome!!

I kinda wish leaks wouldn't happen though as I love the surprise... but I can't help but want them to happen at the same time... :dizzy:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Same for Link and Yoshi in Lost World DHUUUUU .

Well even if i wanted it to be true ... It will not happen , soo bad . FAKE .
"This completely unrelated game made by different developers put a Zelda level in their game as DLC! That automatically makes it plausible that Hyrule Warriors might let you unlock Sonic through amiibo!"

Nice move but i play my trap card
Etika reactions
Oh boy, more amazing and totally hilarious acting by Etika.

PewDiePie would be so proud of him.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Do you guys think that Nintendo will do anything for Fire Emblem's 25th anniversary in the presentation? I feel like they can show a history reel, then talk about Fire Emblem IF, SMTXFE, virtual console release of Sacred Stones on the Wii U, confirmation of Roy in Smash along with a virtual console release of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, and perhaps one more special announcement.

Or... it could all be overshadowed by mario's 30th anniversary, because, you know, Nintendo did the same with Zelda's 25th anniversary which completely overshadowed Metroid's 25th anniversary. I won't be surprised if that's what happens.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So who wants to bet that this thread will reach 100 pages before E3?

It's gonna hit 85 pages by Saturday

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
This.

Like I said, I don't mind if people legitimately don't like the games. I just don't like the people who just jump on the bandwagon of hating something because everyone else does.

Not saying @ Naoshi Naoshi is a bandwagoner, as he's legitimately the only person who I've ever seen lay out a clear and concise reasoning as to why he dislikes those games.
Ah, okay. Fair enough. I dislike bandwagoners as well. They tend to undermine things, which is a no no in my book.

I've seen several people stating why they did not like Sticker Star to be honest. (Some even from here had explained their complaints about the game)

I guess we both just experienced two different sets of people it seems.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Already calling it
:4marth:Warriors
:4fox:Warriors
:4kirby:Warriors
:4samus:Warriors
Then Hyrule Warriors 2
How about Advance Warriors, Now you can play as Sturm and wield ball n chain meteors as you charge through the ranks of soldiers and bring meteors crashing down on them, or freeze them with Olaf and his ice saber, Eagle and his lightning spear, or Kanbei and his samurai sword. I actually had a whole list of what each character could wield, but I'm not sure where I posted it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
> Four Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros. and their amiibos
> Trading cards
> Fire Emblem If getting THREE versions

Nintendo absolutely despises Fire Emblem, indeed.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
The new Hyrule Warrior's characters look fun. Young Link might have some competition for the spot of my main after seeing the King of Hyrule's ability to turn into a boat and ram into his enemies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's My Turn ! Draw !

Spell Card Activation !

"WORST E3 MOMENT !!"
You must now say what is your worst and embarassing E3 Moment !

For me it will be all of those Kinect bull**** and the
" If people want to play offline , buy a Xbox 360"

After it's all of the Ubisoft show . Specially the "doodle doodle doo guy" and those ****ty fake plastic gun "VIDEO GAME"

Turn End ...

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's My Turn ! Draw !

Spell Card Activation !

"WORST E3 MOMENT !!"
You must now say what is your worst and embarassing E3 Moment !

For me it will be all of those Kinect bull**** and the
" If people want to play offline , buy a Xbox 360"

After it's all of the Ubisoft show . Specially the "doodle doodle doo guy" and those ****ty fake plastic gun "VIDEO GAME"

Turn End ...

Microsoft why

At least it wasn't Banjo.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm probably in the minority of wanting Toon Link/Wind Waker Link in Hyrule Warriors. Mainly because he's my #1 favourite Zelda character.
I wouldn't mind Toon Link in Hyrule Warriors myself. Perhaps make him a composite of all "Toon Link's" and have him use things such as the Four Swords, Skull Hammer and the Spirit Train. c:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
For presentations as a whole....

Sony 2006, Nintendo 2008, Microsoft 2010, and Microsoft 2013 are all notorious for being bad from start to finish

Every time I see someone post an Etika video you always say the same thing. :chuckle:
Well, all of Etika's videos are the same thing as eachother, so it's fitting. :awesome:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anyone else know why the Wii U's internet browser won't play youtube videos amd why its search function takes me to a nintendo browser first rather then just letting me search for what I want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom