• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
D

Deleted member

I'll also believe it if Inkling gets in under the "Agent 3" name, since I've never heard anyone guess that.
I didn't guess it per se, but I have mentioned the possibility of it once in my thoughts on the Inklings in response to the costumes.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
BTW assuming that this guy is who he says he is then here is a reminder of what NR/Nicholas did in the ESRB leak

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka_kiwi-vaanrose-4chan-esrb-leak-post-mortem-analysis.366753/
ctrl+f nicholas

still waiting on more proof and remain as skeptical as I usually do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/...s_were_reluctant_to_accept_a_female_character
Wow, please tell me you guys are joking right? I looked into the so called 'source', its a bloody satire site. So you lot fell for it as well. So effectively he never did say that.

Edit: And by joking I mean about this site and its article

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't get the logic here. Implying that we're all a bunch of misogynistic ******** for a second, why the Hell would we have a problem with it now? I mean, we were able to play every other game in the series (along with the knowledge that Samus is in fact a woman) just fine, why would we change now?
Lets put it like this, I like to believe Adam Malkovich was his self-insert when creating Other M. While Anthony was more of like father figure for Samus when she was in the GF, Afam was supposed to her superior but instead of showing that, she was more of a submissive ***** who needed a man.

This idiot decided to retcon what made Samus a badass from the 2D games (even included Prime as well) she was a galactic warrior who still has heart that cares. She was tough but fair and was did all of the great things that made her special without even speaking her mind. She would do everything within her power to save the galaxy but Sakamoto ignored that and did a SAO and turned her into a dribbling crybaby who who needed the great Adam in her life and sacrifice what character she had.

Samus was a decently designed character who didn't really needed a change in her character or attitude but Hackamoto screwed it up.

See this
image.jpg

This is Other M Zero Suit and Smash 4 Zero Suit. See the major difference.

Sakamoto turned an awesome character like Samus into waifubait.

Waifu bait.
Which people would do without her character being butchered.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that thinks another Pokemon DLC character has a good chance to happen?
Not really. As I think we're done with pre-ballot characters, I can maybe see Pichu but only if he ends up being a really highly requested character in Japan to where it pushes him enough to the Top 10 worldwide. Everyone else I feel will flat out not happen.
Honestly I think those choices are safe. Too safe, in fact.
Paper Mario and Chibi-Robo have upcoming games while King K. Rool is, well, King K. Rool.
The only one that surprises me (if valid) is Waluigi.
And again...not in a good way.
I don't know about you, but Chibi-Robo was a character I thought had no shot whatsoever so this is ver... oooohhhh, the short list is before the ballot. Makes a lot more sense now. I still don't buy the leak thought.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What leak is everyone talking about? Can someone give me the gist of it?

D

Deleted member

WE FOUND THE LEAKER GUYS! LET'S GET 'IM!

In all seriousness, I have a question Golden. Is Entei's theme your favourite Legendary Best theme?
Ironically, I would be the prime suspect considering the leak involves Waluigi getting a promotion (which I would love, though I doubt that would happen). :laugh:
And yes, Entei's version is my favorite for biased reasons.

What leak is everyone talking about? Can someone give me the gist of it?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72178994
Hey folks, felt like sharing a little bit of info I got a while back, wanted to hold off until I got some confirmation.

As many may have guessed, it is Nintendo who decides who gets in as DLC, somewhat.
Nintendo have shortlisted around 15-20 characters from the ballot and given the proposed characters to Namco's Smash team, which currently consists of around 25 full time members and several staff members who work concurrently on different projects.

Takamaru is still up for debate after seeing fan reactions to him from Western fans, how this will work with his Assist trophy seems unclear, but it does raise questions regarding other ATs

Zelda Musou/Hyrule Warriors has been discussed at Namco.

New Modes are in development (I got this info around March/April, could just be Tournament mode)

Of the characters I know Nintendo have short-listed (on-going until October presumably)
-Waluigi
-K. Rool
-Paper Mario
-Chibi Robo

My source wants to remain anonymous.
So, how do I add any credibility to my claims?
Well, I was involved in the ESRB leak, take that as you will.
TLDR a few AT are being considered and there is a shortlist for who can be playable.

leaker claims to be someone from ESRB

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I missed a lot. Can someone bring me up to speed?
A gfaqs leaked showed up and said krool paper mario chibi robo and waluigi were being considered dlc and a few minor details. Neo Zero came in and confirmed they had a source from the ersb and that they were credible, so it's raised a lot of speculation.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The salt is real here, and mostly because of people falling for another satire article from P4 Gaming. :troll:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Oh he actually talk bout all veterans. Hyped, but cautious.
Did you actually even look at the post?

He said he thinks they were considered, not that he was told they were. The only one he outright says was on one of the lists is Wolf.

It was his own speculation.

oooohhhh, the short list is before the ballot. Makes a lot more sense now. I still don't buy the leak thought.
No it's not. He says they were pulled from the ballot.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
WOOT some Alph action!
some hot Alph on Alph action ^w^ *erotic music goes here*
Ironically, I would be the prime suspect considering the leak involves Waluigi getting a promotion (which I would love, though I doubt that would happen). :laugh:
And yes, Entei's version is my favorite for biased reasons.
Entei is one of the few things you're biased about eh?
WHAT ARE ENTEI'S CHANCES AS DLC?!?!?!?

Nah, JK! Even if I think Entei's theme is the most dull out of the 3, it's still cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom