• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, there is a new leak going around twitter you guys might want to look at. It supposedly has the next upcoming DLC character for Smash and looks very legit. Just to warn you, it's a potato quality screenshot.

Potato Confirmed :troll:
Sauce: (https://twitter.com/DcsSmen/status/610874876577095680)
potato leak taken with a potato. Potato-ception

Lana I guess, not like she has real demand in the ballot anyways. Such a shame too since many were hyped for her soon as her reveal trailer for the game came out.
Volga the spear dragon >>>>Lana

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I remember when Nintendo was accused of sexism because of the fact that Little Mac punching Samus was portrayed in a comical light, despite the fact that they never made the same complaints about WFT's violence against Kirby, Mario and Link being portrayed in a comical light. Both cases are really ironic when you think about it.
And now we know why Next Level Games avoided putting Peach in Punch-Out Wii. They wanted avoid a landmind that really shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Those weren't actually part of the leaks, just what he thinks will happen.
Wolf and Inkling were part of the leak as Namco's own shortlist. It's the rest of the cut vets that he personally thought would be considered that are not part of the leak, not those two.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On a slightly different topic, I'm surprised there hasn't been an article criticizing the Smash 4 roster for the same reason Mario Kart 8 was accused of lacking racial diversity. Pretty odd when you think about it.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Smash 4 pools are going on. Watching the PM:TTYD TAS on Almo's Twitch instead. No regrets.

Also, voted Pachirisu on the Pokken ballot, because why not. I can't imagine I'm hurting his playable chances any.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If HW really was considered no way would its rep be the game's Mary Sue OC donotsteal. It'd most likely mean a HW-inspired Impa if anything.
That part is true after all since her design was essentially ripped off of an existing Dynasty Warriors character.

But your right, an Impa with a massive sword is easily the best rep for the game. Plus Diddy Kong will finally rest once his favorite character is in Smash. :troll:

Chrono.

Lana is ok for a non-canon game. I don't see how she steals the show either like a lot of people claim.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Status update. @PushDustIn and I finished our chat with him a little while ago. He's currently sleeping if he never said. Now that we have his testimony, @vaanrose @PushDustIn and myself will compare to that established fact, as well as other things he has said. Suffice to say at this moment, there appears to be quite a few red flags now that we've heard everything he has to say.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Khoru

Smash Champion
On a slightly different topic, I'm surprised there hasn't been an article criticizing the Smash 4 roster for the same reason Mario Kart 8 was accused of lacking racial diversity. Pretty odd when you think about it.
i mean nintendo is pretty bad in general with having characters that aren't japanese or white/fantasy equivalent thereof
the only ones i can immediately think of are gerudo characters, the punch-out characters (who're all caricatures), and anthony
tetra is... some degree of not-white, but then that becomes not a thing

i know there are others like goku, il piantissimo, and some FE and pokemon characters, but they just... don't matter, really

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That part is true after all since her design was essentially ripped off of an existing Dynasty Warriors character.

But your right, an Impa with a massive sword is easily the best rep for the game. Plus Diddy Kong will finally rest once his favorite character is in Smash. :troll:
But my question is if she's a better character overall then Donut Steel.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how 3rd parties are in all of this. Will they reach out to them later when the list in narrowed down or have they already done so?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
i mean nintendo is pretty bad in general with having characters that aren't japanese or white/fantasy equivalent thereof
the only ones i can immediately think of are gerudo characters, the punch-out characters (who're all caricatures), and anthony
tetra is... some degree of not-white, but then that becomes not a thing

i know there are others like goku, il piantissimo, and some FE and pokemon characters, but they just... don't matter, really
Fair enough. Come to think of it, the only non-Japanese or white character who is clearly an important character within a popular franchise that I can think of is Doc Louis (that isn't in Smash as a playable character.)

I wonder how 3rd parties are in all of this. Will they reach out to them later when the list in narrowed down or have they already done so?
I'm pretty sure any post-ballot third-party characters would be among the first characters locked down and therefore would most likely have been reached out.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
It failed somewhat spectacularly in that regard, though, as it did not provide any initial or sustained bump in Wii U hardware sales.

Also, the 3DS is not the DS, it did well, but it's not a money printing monster. It's actually projected to sell less than 7 million this year which is somewhat disastrous when combined with Wii U projections.
True, but the message was not only directed at consumers. It was also a message to developers. I'm sure there are plenty of dealings going on behind the scenes that spawned from that. Some may deal with the NX instead of the Wii U, but I'm sure they're happening.

Concerning the 3DS...when the problem is making ton of money and making a ****-ton of money, then it's not really a problem lol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Fair enough. Come to think of it, the only non-Japanese or white character who is clearly an important character within a popular franchise that I can think of is Doc Louis (that isn't in Smash)
*ahem*:ganondorfmelee::ganondorf::4ganondorf:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Game & Watch covers races I didn't even know existed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just curious, how is she a Mary Sue?
Not calling her a Mary Sue, but saying she have traits of it. She's kawaii happy 24/7 despite being in the middle of war and many of the Warriors characters take it serious. One could say that she's doing it on purpose to mask her sadness, it still makes her stick out like a sore thumb when compared to everyone else.

Then the Zelda ties, many Zelda ties. Being special enough to have her own unique weapons in comparison to the other major characters like Ganondorf. Humming the Zelda theme when using the Summon Gates is another example.

In actuality, I can name plenty of characters from the Dynasty Warriors games that have more character than her. She's mostly someone who's shoved into the game to justify the events of the game's plot like her other half Cia. Maybe she will be a bit more fleshed in more games and fans would actually warm up to her.

But it appears that I'm running out of time again and it's "that" period of the day again. Might as well leave the forums to finish writing tonight's chapter before continuing.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Status update. @PushDustIn and I finished our chat with him a little while ago. He's currently sleeping if he never said. Now that we have his testimony, @vaanrose @PushDustIn and myself will compare to that established fact, as well as other things he has said. Suffice to say at this moment, there appears to be quite a few red flags now that we've heard everything he has to say.
I'm interested to hear what these red flags are.

Starlight_Lily

Well the cast is very racial diverse, there's only a few humans on the list. After all we have Homs, Boerc, Gerudo and Hylain representation:troll:

Don't start about that guys. It was really annoying to have to eplain to him why HW Impa, doesn't really have Impa's full
character

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I think we can all agree what the best character in HW is:

It's like Death personified as a chicken.

Starlight_Lily

Not calling her a Mary Sue, but saying she have traits of it. She's kawaii happy 24/7 despite being in the middle of war and many of the Warriors characters take it serious. One could say that she's doing it on purpose to mask her sadness, it still makes her stick out like a sore thumb when compared to everyone else.

Then the Zelda ties, many Zelda ties. Being special enough to have her own unique weapons in comparison to the other major characters like Ganondorf. Humming the Zelda theme when using the Summon Gates is another example.

In actuality, I can name plenty of characters from the Dynasty Warriors games that have more character than her. She's mostly someone who's shoved into the game to justify the events of the game's plot like her other half Cia. Maybe she will be a bit more fleshed in more games and fans would actually warm up to her.

But it appears that I'm running out of time again and it's "that" period of the day again. Might as well leave the forums to finish writing tonight's chapter before continuing.
Just cause someone ticks a few boxes on a Mary sue test, doesn't mean they're a Mary-sue. To be a Mary-sue the character needs to score a certain number on the test.

Also you know someone once said Mario was a Mary-sue. Which is rather silly, you can't put him through Mary-sue test, since he is a character that you play as throughout most of the adventure. And being a video-game he needs to be part o the action since he is the player's avatar in his games.

Khoru

Smash Champion
From the creator of the Tetris Block leak.
i love how much effort was put into making this as ridiculous as possible

i only just realized how much potential there would be just for final fantasy assist trophies? any of the FF1 classes, chocobo, moogle, tonberry, cactuar, terra, cloud, gilgamesh, bahamut...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... all potential 8 characters talked about come from different series (if Paper Mario is counted as it's own sub series).

Waluigi-Mario
Impa?-Zelda
K. Rool- DK
Wolf- Star Fox
Inkling
Chibi
Takamaru
Paper Mario

If we take the other DLC into account then the Nintendo series in game without a DLC chracter/candidate are

Yoshi
Kirby
Metroid
F-Zero
G&W
Wario
Kid Icarus
Pikmin
ROB
Any series new to Smash 4

Wonder if it means anything.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hmmm... all potential 8 characters talked about come from different series (if Paper Mario is counted as it's own sub series).

Waluigi-Mario
Impa?-Zelda
K. Rool- DK
Wolf- Star Fox
Inkling
Chibi
Takamaru
Paper Mario

If we take the other DLC into account then the Nintendo series in game without a DLC chracter/candidate are

Yoshi
Kirby
Metroid
F-Zero
G&W
Wario
Kid Icarus
Pikmin
ROB

I honestly think it';s very unlikely to see Paper Mario as its own series.....but I still feel it would be fine anyway if he doesn't have one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Waluigi-Mario
Impa?-Zelda
K. Rool- DK
Wolf- Star Fox
Inkling
Chibi
Takamaru
Paper Mario

Yoshi
Kirby
Metroid
F-Zero
G&W
Wario
Kid Icarus
Pikmin
ROB

If you ask me, probably not.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Keep in mind guys, I'm not calling NR001 a liar. It's just I worry his source might have done to him the same thing that once happened to me. Which is why I want to ensure this is investigated very thoroughly as I don't want to see someone make that same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom