• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here's a neat little question for you folks.
What are your favourite victory themes in smash?
Mine are for these seires:
:4ness::4fox::4falcon::4darkpit::4rob::4shulk::popo::4wario::4pacman::4megaman:
Ness, G&W, Ness (Melee), Snake, CF (Brawl onward), Shulk, DP, Fire Emblem (Brawl onward), Mega Man, Bowser and Bowser Jr. (Sm4sh), Rosaluma, Kirby, Meta Knight, Villager.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Turns out the leaker guy won't be talking for a long time, so anyone with questions might as well hold on to them for now. It's officially up to Push to tell us everything he heard behind the scenes.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Okay guys, I've decided to stop the work that was being done to put an article together.

Essentially, there are some potential issues with the guys source (as its NOT the same source as the ERSB leak), and I don't feel comfortable at this time to go on the line for it. I think Nicholas himself is not lying, but it's possible that his source has mislead him/ is lying to Nicholas. I won't be able to answer a lot of questions, so let's just leave it at that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Little Mac, Dark Pit, and Meta Knight's theme are the only satisfying ones for me personally.

Turns out the leaker guy won't be talking for a long time, so anyone with questions might as well hold on to them for now. It's officially up to Push to tell us everything he heard behind the scenes.
Push got ninjaed hard. How did you know of the news before him.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I like them all, but if I had to choose :nessmelee:(I prefer the 64/Melee one):popo::4duckhunt::4villager::4rob::4gaw:. Makes me wonder if every character gets their own victory theme in future Smash-games, like it was originally planned for Brawl iirc.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So if I want to watch tournaments after they've ended, where's the best place to do that? I'm subscribed to VGBootcamp on youtube and some others, but it seems like they have huge gaps where there's no videos for months.
You'll have to actually look up VOD's from Twitch (although I think you have to pay to watch EVO VOD's). VGBC will probably upload matches from EVO relatively soon though, they've been pretty consistent with that lately.

:4falcon::4pacman::4ryu::4fox::4shulk::4dk::4metaknight::4sonic::4megaman::4littlemac::4pikachu::snake:
And Melee :4ness: too.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm only watching the Smash games at EVO because I can't get into arcade-type fighting games. lol.
Still don't know what's going on with that leak. Does anyone mind giving me a brief summary (yes, I know I said this already)?
Basically what's happening is there was a supposed claim of a "roster list" that was posted on GameFaqs. These roster lists supposedly are for potential new fighters for Smash. The person who posted it claimed to be a part of the ESRB Leaks from last year. After doing some research, Neo Zero found out the person was telling the truth about who he was. He then chatted with the "leaker" and found tons more information, some info that wasn't even smash related! PushDustin then talked to him privately and found thee was issues with the source. PushDustin, Vaanrose and Neo Zero know more information than we do about the leak and are keeping it secret for right now just in case it was the real deal.
I give you the link to the Gamefaqs article if I can find it.
EDIT:
Sausage :4link:: (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72178994?page=0)

Last edited:

AreJay25

Lol /r/smashbros acting so damn entitled lmao.

I don't remember there being nearly as much complaining last year.... even though there was the same paywall :p
It's funny.

I've watched EVO live for a few years now, yet I had no idea what these paywalls were actually for lol.

Edit:
Also, apparently Dabuz was told he can't play on stream...

Last edited:
Lol /r/smashbros acting so damn entitled lmao.

I don't remember there being nearly as much complaining last year.... even though there was the same paywall :p
r/smashbros and complaining are synonymous :p

Okay guys, I've decided to stop the work that was being done to put an article together.

Essentially, there are some potential issues with the guys source (as its NOT the same source as the ERSB leak), and I don't feel comfortable at this time to go on the line for it. I think Nicholas himself is not lying, but it's possible that his source has mislead him/ is lying to Nicholas. I won't be able to answer a lot of questions, so let's just leave it at that.
Can I ask whether he claims to know more characters on this "short list" he didnt put in the OP or does he only know the few? You obviously cant say what they are but just yes or no.

or you can just not answer lol.

Soul.

Basically what's happening is there was a supposed claim of a "roster list" that was posted on GameFaqs. These roster lists supposedly are for potential new fighters for Smash. The person who posted it claimed to be a part of the ESRB Leaks from last year. After doing some research, Neo Zero found out the person was telling the truth about who he was. He then chatted with the "leaker" and found tons more information, some info that wasn't even smash related! PushDustin then talked to him privately and found thee was issues with the source. PushDustin, Vaanrose and Neo Zero know more information than we do about the leak and are keeping it secret for right now just in case it was the real deal.
I give you the link to the Gamefaqs article if I can find it.
EDIT:
Sausage :4link:: (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72178994?page=0)
Huh. So all that info is classified. I think I saw that thread earlier, but I wasn't sure if that was the big deal.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Can I ask whether he claims to know more characters on this "short list" he didnt put in the OP or does he only know the few? You obviously cant say what they are but just yes or no.

No. And it doesn't matter because of what I said about the information being most likely false.

Just please trust my/ the other people involved with its judgement on this, and let this "leak" go. It's most likely false.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Huh. So all that info is classified. I think I saw that thread earlier, but I wasn't sure if that was the big deal.
I believe it really wasn't at first until more research had been done on it. It started getting weird after that, like Deja Vu. If this follows the same pattern as the ESRB Leak, we shall have a picture of the leaked DLC roster in no time! :troll:

kylexv

Smash Master
No. And it doesn't matter because of what I said about the information being most likely false.

Just please trust my/ the other people involved with its judgement on this, and let this "leak" go. It's most likely false.
If it's most likely false, then I'm ignoring the leak for now.

Soul.

I believe it really wasn't at first until more research had been done on it. It started getting weird after that, like Deja Vu. If this follows the same pattern as the ESRB Leak, we shall have a picture of the leaked DLC roster in no time! :troll:
The ESRB leak was a blessing.
... I'll see myself out.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

The Smash community generally complains about anything.
I mean did you see how salty I was when I lost my mains:lucas::popo::wolf: :shaker::shaker::shaker:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

What leak?

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The evo salt is due to the streamers misleading people with the pay wall.

They say its to "help kids go to college" but the actual money goes to helping FGC players study Game Design which is obviously not charity

Also, the leak is probs fake :3

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

They say its to "help kids go to college" but the actual money goes to helping FGC players study Game Design which is obviously not charity

That's a silly reason to be salty. I'm pretty sure the Evo scholarship has been a thing for years.
"How dare they give members of the community scholarships!"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Well it's been like it has been for 4+ years so, I personally don't see a reason for people to be ******** and complaining.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yes they got Brawl's Final Destination theme.
That theme makes the Smash 4 Final Destination theme sound inferior in comparison.
Depends on the FD theme. FD 1, yes. FD 2, **** NO. I love my Guilty Gear ripoff in Smash

I still believe the Master Hand theme should have been the definite FD theme and the normal FD theme shouldn't have exist

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Depends on the FD theme. FD 1, yes. FD 2, **** NO. I love my Guilty Gear ripoff in Smash

I still believe the Master Hand theme should have been the definite FD theme and the normal FD theme shouldn't have exist
The Regular one in the 3ds version is the one I meant.
The Melee Battlefield Remix is absolutely brilliant.
Mind you it may be my Brawl Bias again.
The amount of times I have heard the Brawl FD is not even funny.

AreJay25

Normal FD sounds like it was done in some MIDI program.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Our Japanese overlords are taking over

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Regular one in the 3ds version is the one I meant.
The Melee Battlefield Remix is absolutely brilliant.
Mind you it may be my Brawl Bias again.
The amount of times I have heard the Brawl FD is not even funny.
I know what you meant. And I'm still right Final Destination 2 is the best theme and should be played over Final Destination 1

Normal FD sounds like it was done in some MIDI program.
It sounded like it was put together at the last minute.

Also my man Amsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom