• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
All streams are back up. But for how long...

Edit: AND AS I SAY THAT THEY START DYING AGAIN. WHY

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So everyone managed to talk about that "leak" yesterday? I hope your BS levels rose to the top like mines did. :troll:

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Smash Wii U stream is back, and the Kirby player won. Yay!

Edit: DEAD AGAIN

Edit 2: Wow that was probably the fastest Sonic match we'll see this tournament

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I had the weirdest dream of all time.

My mother somehow got into the game media industry while I am in College.

It's E3 and she went to an exclusive Smash event where she found out about a character coming to the game before the general public.

It was Ferris Buehler.

Ferris was coming to Smash.

I came here to leak it to you all but no one believed me.
So that's what he did on his Day Off.
I only know about him and his movie through family guy.
EDIT:
Good Grief.
Ally Rocking Mario right now.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
People are stupid. "Well, he said he was part of the ESRB leak, and there seems to be credibility, because someone else told me there was credibility. I'm not going to see what credibility there is. But someone said he seems credible."

I also love the comment "Doubt this is real, but we should pay attention to it." -- THAT'S WHY PEOPLE make these dumb leaks, because people always give them attention even when it's obviously fake.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think I missed a lot. Can someone bring me up to speed?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm wondering if Sakurai ever heard the news of Takamaru's game coming to the West before he decided that he became an AT.
Most likely was a last minute thing since the AT reveal was a few days after the San Diego Comic-Con reveal of the game's localization and it was only out in Europe at the time. Knowing him, he would not want to leave any region out on certain characters that were originally from a region exclusive game. That's why since Melee, Ayumi would never be considered again since the games had little chance of being bought everywhere. The Mother and Fire Emblem characters were the only exceptions since they are from well established series.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wait, people are saying a leak is legit because the leaker's apparantly reliable? You mean like how Impa, Dixie, Ridley and Chorus Kids were on the Wii U version as playable characters like that NeoGAF user who was reliable said?
Or how that Nintendo of Japan employee said those same characters minus Impa and plus Mewtwo were supposed to be in both versions but were inexplicably left out of the ESRB leak.

And that guy also had "proof" he was who he claimed he was.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, people are saying a leak is legit because the leaker's apparantly reliable? You mean like how Impa, Dixie, Ridley and Chorus Kids were on the Wii U version as playable characters like that NeoGAF user who was reliable said?
Indeed, I'm as skeptical as the other guy since there are a few questionable things that mess with my BS detector.

Why Waluigi of all Assist Trophies or why would they make an AT playable? Then there's the fact that Namco's the one debating on Takamaru instead of Nintendo itself. K. Rool is seriously the only one I'd see happening out the bunch since he's overdue.

But I know a certain someone who would be happy about Paper Mario. :/

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If a leaker says they're reliable, it's a BS indicator.
I think the biggest problem with it is that it seems to be written in such a way that it cannot be disconfirmed.

15-20 characters, we were only told a few of them, nobody is guaranteed. He basically only has to get one or two right, and he'll be called legit. For anyone not implicated, he can just say "Oh they were on the list, I just forgot them" like he did with the veterans and "Agent 3" later in the GameFAQs thread.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Indeed, I'm as skeptical as the other guy since there are a few questionable things that mess with my BS detector.

Why Waluigi of all Assist Trophies or why would they make an AT playable? Then there's the fact that Namco's the one debating on Tskamaru instead of Nintendo itself. K. Rool is seriously the only one I'd see happening out the bunch since he's overdue.

But I know a certain someone who would be happy about Paper Mario. :/
The better question is: Sakurai has had complete control over who gets added to Smash. Why would that change now? Iwata may have been the one to convince him, but Sakurai was the one that said ok to doing the ballot in the first place.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think the biggest problem with it is that it seems to be written in such a way that it cannot be disconfirmed.

15-20 characters, we were only told a few of them, nobody is guaranteed. He basically only has to get one or two right, and he'll be called legit. For anyone not implicated, he can just say "Oh they were on the list, I just forgot them" like he did with the veterans and "Agent 3" later in the GameFAQs thread.
Written in a way so that he can't lose, unless neither of those characters appear.

What a sneaky little snitch.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Written in a way so that he can't lose, unless neither of those characters appear.

What a sneaky little snitch.
K. Rool, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Takamaru, Wolf (Though he also said every remaining cut veteran are likely in the running), Agent 3/Inkling, and Chibi Robo.

Basically he's only gotta get one or two out of those characters and it's "legit".

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Wait, where did he talk about the rest of the vets? I only saw Wolf posted together with the Inkling.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've been talking with @PushDustIn. I got to know some more details about the leak, but I'm keeping things confidential.

All I can say is that I'm skeptical about the whole thing, but anyone who knows me shouldn't be surprised by my skepticism in regards to leaks. :p

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy who fooled everyone with Chunky Kong? You're currently still more believable than this leak imo
Yeah that was me, I admitted it was fake a while back though. This guy at least has some part of the ESRB in his resume if he's legit and also has @Neo Zero vouching for him. I doubt they'd stake their rep on it without some good reason to believe it, especially after the last debacle with this kind of thing.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
K. Rool, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Takamaru, Wolf (Though he also said every remaining cut veteran are likely in the running), Agent 3/Inkling, and Chibi Robo.

Basically he's only gotta get one or two out of those characters and it's "legit".
Waluigi and Takumaru are the red flags to me because Assist Trophies, personally.

But he's taken enough likely possibilities to basically be foolproof.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a pretty popular Japan only franchise called Kamen Rider (MASKED RIDER NEVER HAPPENED) and I kinda predicted one of the seasons being magic themed, with the 4 elements being forms and a summonable dragon. Kamen Rider Wizard happened shortly after. A bit after Kamen Rider Drive was officially confirmed, I thought of a grim reaper-esque hero, the trademark for the next Rider is Kamen Rider Ghost. I can haz leek?
Yeah that was me, I admitted it was fake a while back though. This guy at least has some part of the ESRB in his resume if he's legit and also has @Neo Zero vouching for him. I doubt they'd stake their rep on it without some good reason to believe it, especially after the last debacle with this kind of thing.
I was there when you confirmed it was to check whether leaks were fake or not as they included it

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
where have I heard something similar. . .
Wait are yo serious? Or is this just another case of the moronic Nintendo fans miss reading and putting words in his mouth? You know like how they do with Sakurai

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Waluigi and Takumaru are the red flags to me because Assist Trophies, personally.

But he's taken enough likely possibilities to basically be foolproof.
Waluigi or Takamaru are the only way I'm buying this leak, even if the other characters implicated make it. Characters like K. Rool and Paper Mario are popular, easy to guess picks.

I'll also believe it if Inkling gets in under the "Agent 3" name, since I've never heard anyone guess that.

That last incident is the exact reason why this shouldn't be accepted immediately despite having trustworthy members of the community backing it.

They're not impossible to fool.

Wait, where did he talk about the rest of the vets? I only saw Wolf posted together with the Inkling.
Same post as the one that mentions Wolf and Inkling. Granted, he specified they weren't part of the actual leak, just an assumption on his part.

Pretty sure all veterans are in the running, well, maybe not all, but whilst I can't really say "YES!!" I'd say it's the most logical thing to consider.

The other shortlisted ones were by Namco, and as such have much less chance of appearing, hence why I didn't mention them.

Wolf
Inkling (to clarify exactly what was mentioned in regards to them, they were called Agent 3)

Basically, Namco/Sakurai have a lot less say over Nintendo themselves.
Wolf chances are still high in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait are yo serious? Or is this just another case of the moronic Nintendo fans miss reading and putting words in his mouth? You know like how they do with Sakrai
Sakamoto said that people only liked Prime because they didn't know Samus was a woman and didn't feel demasculised or something. ****ing garbage ****stain who can't write. Oh wait, he did the amazing manga! But he ****ed that up in Other M too!

Also, if you want to lose brain cells on Aliens ****e
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...arines-claims?abthid=55a9395ae7798b8c54000009
FORGIVE ME SMASHBOARDS, FOR I HAVE SENT AN IGN LINK! TRULY THE MOST SINFULL THING I'VE DONE HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom