• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Considering that it might not even be true, it doesn't "prove" anything.
...but if it's valid, then it certainly would prove that very point.

I'm really hoping for this. Isaac is my most wanted ballot character. Takamaru is, I feel, the most obvious newcomer for this roster that didn't make it. I would be very pleased if they added either of them.
If we really do get an Assist Trophy character made into DLC, I would feel pretty good about it. I've been saying this whole time I felt it was a possibility since DLC is add-on content and we know it's decided after the game was 100% completed. No one else seemed to agree with me much. All that said though, I do understand why it would be an unpopular opinion.
I don't want Waluigi. I would get why Nintendo would want it though, because I'm sure he would sell well. It doesn't matter though, I'd buy him.
I'm not sure where I stand on Takamaru.
On the one hand, he is cool, but I feel like if he were to be a DLC they would use his AT as a basis which would be...bland.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have put Ridley at the top of my most likely since the beginning.
ALL evidence shows me Sakurai seems to WANT to make it work. All it takes is some inspiration.

EDIT
If Dedeede is playing in the Kirby smash 64 stage, does his floating self not show up on background?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Oh I completely forgot to Mention this when you guys posted about before.
Wreck it Ralph 2 The Wreckoning HYPE! :D
If it's half as good as the First one it will be a fantastic movie.
:4mario:And hopefully the Plumber makes an Appearance this time round. And maybe a scene with his Rival.:4sonic:
:4megaman:And maybe even Megaman seeing how Dr. Wily was planned for the first movie.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero will there be any issues if I tell other people about this in other threads or are you hoping to keep this more centralized to here for secrecy's sake?

I would like to at least tell the chrom/takamaru threads about it even if I dont exactly believe it yet but getting on someone's bad side isnt exactly one of my goals. :p
Not Neo Zero, but considering that this thread is public, I'm sure it'll reach out at some point lol.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wish they'd actually integrate iconic characters into the cast of Wreck-It-Ralph.
What is the sequel about? I want a movie in the series to be set in a home console ecosystem. With online.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Since you guessed it, yes he did say Chrom was the other unfinished char.

Also the short list point, reason I mention it is because Takamaru is on Namcos short list, not Nintendo's currently
If this is true, I wonder if they considered Chrom for DLC again. I can imagine if they did it was just as brief as his consideration for the main game. They'd have to make him top tier to have people accept a sixth Fire Emblem character haha.

Not Neo Zero, but considering that this thread is public, I'm sure it'll reach out at some point lol.
Oh I know. i even saw someone make a cheeky little reference to it without saying it in another thread. I just dont want to be the guy who starts it :p

plus just being courteous.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Now that I think about it, if Ryu was recently just added into the roster. Was he formerly on those lists at all? Possibly a playable character at some point during development?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I have put Ridley at the top of my most likely since the beginning.
ALL evidence shows me Sakurai seems to WANT to make it work. All it takes is some inspiration.

EDIT
If Dedeede is playing in the Kirby smash 64 stage, does his floating self not show up on background?
I have no idea how you came to this conclusion.

He went out of his way to explain why he thinks Ridley wouldn't work.

AreJay25

So since this leak implies that NPC's can be playable...

Oh no. Shadow legitimately has a chance now. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am back mortals.

EVO HYPE

D

Deleted member

If this is true, I wonder if they considered Chrom for DLC again. I can imagine if they did it was just as brief as his consideration for the main game. They'd have to make him top tier to have people accept a sixth Fire Emblem character haha.
People don't have to "accept" him, how many people complained about Roy and how many of them deliberately went out of their way to not buy him?
Because I know I didn't :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So that means Ridley can be a char- *shot* :troll:
I actually think this helps his chances. Now I'm not a supporter or a detractor but he has a plausible chance if this thing plans out.

That said, no ATs or bosses (Final Smash for Chrom and Dunban) will be chosen for DLC and I doubt Sakurai will do so since he might wanna do a few other characters if Waluigi is a possibility

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero will there be any issues if I tell other people about this in other threads or are you hoping to keep this more centralized to here for secrecy's sake?

I would like to at least tell the chrom/takamaru threads about it even if I dont exactly believe it yet but getting on someone's bad side isnt exactly one of my goals. :p
Thanks. Also could you guys do me a favor and DON'T LET THE IMPA THREAD SEE THIS.

Them seeing it and thinking that Hyrule Warriors was discussed at Namco, will make it even more annoying to stop people from saying that Impa should be in Smash.

Also I'd love i they choose Chibi-robo for Smash DLC by the way. As for Waluigi as DLC, I wonder if they'd use a mixture of Mario spin-offs or stick to the party or sports series.

You havnt made a point for Luigi as a character. That makes him as unnecessary as Toad. And still less unique.
There is no point to be made about them as characters, Luigi was created for the multiplayer in Mario, Toad was created for funny dialogue in Super Mario Bros 1, and given the Toad houses in Super Mario Bros 3. Removing Toad from Mario games takes nothing away really, since they are merely aesthetic appeal in the earlier Mario games, you can still use Toad houses without them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are some of you really arguing that Luigi is comparable to Toad in the Mario games? Really?
Sure, NPC that gives power-ups is comparable to the sidekick who has been since the first Mario game
So since this leak implies that NPC's can be playable...

Oh no. Shadow legitimately has a chance now. No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Look at the bright side, this would mean Isabelle has a chance.
Hold on, Isabelle has a chance... brb, ballot calls me

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know, if Assist Trophies are on the table, I really hope Sakurai reveals whoever he first promotes (probably Takamaru) BEFORE the ballot closes.
It'd be a **** move imo if they were just like "Oh, you know that character you wanted as DLC but didn't vote for because you thought they wouldn't get in because of being an AT? They totally could have got in."

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You guys remember when I posted this.
When I told you I was so hyped to see this recreated in Mario maker.
Well it's Possible. It's Actually POSSIBLE :'D
Mario Maker is going to be a game we play for Years. Years of creativity living on forth and a game that will never become boring. This is the Game that will never die.
Wii give U the chance to make your own Mario experience.
Also EVO Hype.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You guys remember when I posted this.
When I told you I was so hyped to see this recreated in Mario maker.
Well it's Possible. It's Actually POSSIBLE :'D
Mario Maker is going to be a game we play for Years. Years of creativity living on forth and a game that will never become boring. This is the Game that will never die.
Wii give U the chance to make your own Mario experience.
Also EVO Hype.
Damn, that brings back memories. I love that video. Also a long time since I heard the Nico Nico medley, jeez.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
So if Waluigi gets revealed with a Sports/Party moveset do you think Daisy's support will fall dramatically?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want a Mario Party inspired moveset for WAluigi. 100% RNG, I'm sure the competitive crowd will love it. :troll:

Starlight_Lily

So if Waluigi gets revealed with a Sports/Party moveset do you think Daisy's support will fall dramatically?
Who knows? Daisy is still probably going to get a decent bit of support, cause there's plenty of Mario fans who support her. But also with Waluigi being revealed she cold also lose a bit of support from those who would say they think Mario wouuld have to many reps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It should have fallen the day she was born, her whole character still only exists to have female characters on the Mario spin-offs

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Imo It's a bit unfair to have Waluigi defy the rules to become playable and Daisy gets no concessions whatsoever - not even as an alt for Peach.
I also think that Waluigi getting before Toad/Captain Toad or Paper Mario would be absolute BS. This is coming from someone who likes Waluigi. But I think he's fine where he is.

AreJay25

So would this leak also mean that Pokeball Pokemon have a chance?

Because, even though I think we have enough... I wouldn't mind another...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As long as he spends most of his time running in circles and swinging on swings. I'll be Happy ;D
Chaos Route :awesome:
Neutral B: Chance time! You either take a stock from your opponent or give your stock to him. It's a 50/50.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So would this leak also mean that Pokeball Pokemon have a chance?

Because, even though I think we have enough... I wouldn't mind another...
Well, that would be nice and all, but is there any Pok--
*Realize realization*
****, I'm dumb

Starlight_Lily

It should have fallen the day she was born, her whole character still only exists to have female characters on the Mario spin-offs
Dude, that's Toadette and Waluigi, they were created to give Wario and Toad partners. Daisy was created as the damsel in distress role in Super Mario Land 1

Edit: So essentially Toadette was made to boost the female roster in Mario, so she and Waluigi were created for the spin-off series, and not Daisy.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
if paper mario AND waluigi get in before toad i'm going to lose my sanity.
Dude, that's Toadette and Waluigi, they were created to give Wario and Toad partners. Daisy was created as the damsel in distress role in Super Mario Land 1

Edit: So essentially Toadette was made to boost the female roster in Mario, so she and Waluigi were created for the spin-off series, and not Daisy.
same thing???????? daisy hasn't appeared in any main series game since then while toadette got ct:tt.

Starlight_Lily

if paper mario AND waluigi get in before toad i'm going to lose my sanity.

same thing???????? daisy hasn't appeared in any main series game since then while toadette got ct:tt.
I was just pointing out that Daisy wasn't created for the Mario spin-offs that's all.

Yeah and pretty much Toadette is literally the only spin-off created character to actually make it out of the spin-off games and get a different role I believe she got something in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, right? Before she got her big role in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just to note, I put him in contact with @PushDustIn and they're currently still talking (I've been browsing the convo as it happens, learned a few other neat things). I'll let Push handle those details though once he makes his article.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The original game was not deemed profitable enough for a sequel and it was released as a multiplatform title with a massive combined install base.
The game did make a profit though. It also got a sequel eventually. Finding a publisher for a niche game genre made by a relatively new 3rd party developer can be difficult.

The first game was also plagued with issues on the ps3 (frame rate, slow down, and loading times) and I remember a lot of people just not bothering with it due to that. Yet it still made decent sales in relatively small amount of time. For a comparison, the original DMC just hit 2 million around 2 years ago.

Expecting Bayonetta 2 to ever turn a significant profit seems like an unrealistic notion.
I think the point of Bayonetta 2 was to garner interest in the Wii U and prove that Nintendo does more than "kiddy". It was a calculated loss that was more about image, than profits (3DS prints money, yo).

AreJay25

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom