• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To which you then gave a fine argument as to why Wolf wouldn't get in over them (even though you used the point that we got one Melee vet and one Brawl vet as part of wave 2 even though in total we've received two Melee vets to Brawl's one), but not why he wouldn't get in pre-ballot, or alongside them. The argument to that would be Sakurai saying from now on it's fanservice to which I responded

Clear?
Wave 2.

Mewtwo was not part of Wave 2. He was part of Wave 1. His status as a Melee vet is irrelevant. In fact, the fact that he was a veteran wasn't highlighted like it was for Lucas and Roy. It was alluded to in his tagline, unlock message, and Boxing Ring nickname, but when he was announced, it went completely unmentioned.

My point was that in Wave 2, it was suggested that Lucas and Roy were chosen as cut newcomers from Brawl and Melee respectively. In this context, Mewtwo counts about as much as Dr. Mario does.

The idea that there must be an equal amount of cut Melee characters and cut Brawl characters is completely made up. It makes sense in theory, yeah, but that doesn't necessarily make it the case.

There is nothing to suggest that there will be a third wave of pre-ballot content, and even if there was, that doesn't automatically mean Wolf or some other Brawl cut would be featured. The remaining Mario slots could be placeholders for ballot characters, and the fact that work on them hadn't even started in April is sufficient evidence of that.

I thought this was common knowledge that Olimar had some issues. After all his Pikmin count got downsized.
On top of that, they also have a lower framerate than the regular fighters, just like the Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I thought this was common knowledge that Olimar had some issues. After all his Pikmin count got downsized.
Oh don't get me wrong I know he had issuses.
But the fact he literally says: "I at Least"
Makes me wonder how long he spent on him to get him working.
Also great job on this Article :)
You know it must be good if I am up this early in the Morning.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh don't get me wrong I know he had issuses.
But the fact he literally says: "I at Least"~
Makes me wonder how long he spent on him to get him working.
Also great job on this Article :)
You know it must be good if I am up this early in the Morning.
We have a lot more great content coming! Make sure you subscribe and follow me on Twitter. :p

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wave 2.

Mewtwo was not part of Wave 2. He was part of Wave 1. His status as a Melee vet is irrelevant.
Yeah... read it again, I said "we got one Melee vet and one Brawl vet as part of wave 2 even though in total we've received two Melee vets to Brawl's one".

My point was that in Wave 2, it was suggested that Lucas and Roy were chosen as cut newcomers from Brawl and Melee respectively. In this context, Mewtwo counts about as much as Dr. Mario does.
Which is why I said way back on the last page I'm not just talking about Wave 2. In your post you seemingly were trying to defend why Wolf didn't get in to Wave 2. I'm talking about all pre-ballot DLC.

The idea that there must be an equal amount of cut Melee characters and cut Brawl characters is completely made up. It makes sense in theory, yeah, but that doesn't necessarily make it the case.
I agree.

There is nothing to suggest that there will be a third wave of pre-ballot content, and even if there was, that doesn't automatically mean Wolf or some other Brawl cut would be featured. The remaining Mario slots could be placeholders for ballot characters, and the fact that work on them hadn't even started in April is sufficient evidence of that.
I know. That's where my beliefs and predictions come into play.

And my prediction is the two remaining Marios are pre-ballot characters, one of which is Wolf. Because "I can't imagine Sakurai would look for additional popular characters from the fans before adding Wolf given who has already been added."

Following?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
How likely do you think Chorus Kids' chances are after this news?
Depends on how they would work. If they were like Rosalina or Olimar, they could possibly be added if this article is anything to go by. But if they had a similar playstyle to the Ice Climbers, I think it's safe to say they won't be in. The fact that they were supposedly cut makes me believe that it was the latter.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I will say this: I think it would be a massive waste of opportunity if we didn't get any more veterans.
This is a guy who has said that he 'stresses almost to the brink of death' about cutting characters because it upsets those characters' fans, and yet, here he is, with the perfect opportunity to bring back cut characters, and please said characters' fans, and he's just going to settle on two, one from each game, and call it a day?
Maybe pre-ballot is over; maybe it isn't. No one but Sakurai and his team knows for sure. But we need to wait before we start jumping to conclusions. Sakurai has surprised us before, he could easily do it again.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The side I go with is always the side that has more evidence backing it.

While neither side has anything concrete, there's more on the side of pre-ballot character DLC being finished. The word of the developer and the data that's been uncovered is stronger evidence than theories and "I want this to happen". That's why I'm on the side I'm on.

Honestly, I think August is the point where we'll know for sure. Given that the ballot closes in October, I don't think we'll be getting anything major in September, so August's Tourney update is more than likely to be the last opportunity to add any more before the ballot's end.
Honest question, and @ PushDustIn PushDustIn you might know the answer to this.

We know in the Mewtwo update the "Mario" slots were present, which we assumed, reasonably, was for the upcoming DLC fighters. What happened to them after Lucas, Roy and Ryu released? Are there still 2 more spots there? Are they gone?

Arguing whether the slots are pre-DLC or not is pointless, though, I agree, since we don't have evidence either way.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Which is why I said way back on the last page I'm not just talking about Wave 2.

I'm talking about all pre-ballot DLC.
My comment about the method in which Roy and Lucas were chosen was based only within the context of Wave 2. Mewtwo being a veteran himself is irrelevant. For Wave 2, they chose one from Brawl and one from Melee. Mewtwo is in Wave 1, so he doesn't count.

And my prediction is the two remaining Marios are pre-ballot characters, one of which is Wolf. Because "I can't imagine Sakurai would look for additional popular characters from the fans before adding Wolf given who has already been added."

Following?
Fair enough.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Honest question, and @ PushDustIn PushDustIn you might know the answer to this.

We know in the Mewtwo update the "Mario" slots were present, which we assumed, reasonably, was for the upcoming DLC fighters. What happened to them after Lucas, Roy and Ryu released? Are there still 2 more spots there? Are they gone?

Arguing whether the slots are pre-DLC or not is pointless, though, I agree, since we don't have evidence either way.
I believe @shinyquagsire23 said no additional slots were added.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My comment about the method in which Roy and Lucas were chosen was based only within the context of Wave 2. Mewtwo being a veteran himself is irrelevant. For Wave 2, they chose one from Brawl and one from Melee. Mewtwo is in Wave 1, so he doesn't count.
Right, but nowhere did I indicate I was talking solely about wave 2...

Plus I did add to a post last page that I wasn't just talking about wave 2...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Right, but nowhere did I indicate I was talking solely about wave 2...

Plus I did add to a post last page that I wasn't just talking about wave 2...
I don't see what Wave 1 has to do with anything.

Again: there is nothing that suggests there has to be an equal amount of Brawl and Melee cuts as DLC. Mewtwo's presence doesn't automatically disprove the reason behind Lucas and Roy's selection, especially when the words of Sakurai himself suggests it.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
On a different note to the above discussion, I have finally purchased a Wii U after forever. Soon I can actually be able to play SM4SH. That is all.

I will always be an optimist because disappointment over a game doesn't really phase me, so I'll lean towards pre-ballot DLC until it's confirmed otherwise. Besides, they implemented coding for up to 27 additional character slots IIRC, but have 5 "Mario's", which were all added at the same time as Mewtwo. They used three and have two left, and if they can add them at any point as evidenced by the fact that they set them up period, why specifically add two post-ballot slots before you've even officially revealed the ballot?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I believe @shinyquagsire23 said no additional slots were added.
So did Roy, Ryu and Lucas replace 3 of the 5 that were there, or are all of the slots there, just added the new ones?

It would be unsurprising but slightly depressing if we were all arguing over unused testing data.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm going to start an in-depth discussion on Chorus Kids tomorrow, because I think I'm confident I know how they were going to work that made them suitable for the 3DS. For now, I gotta rest. :p
Get excited about the posting of the Layton article tomorrow morning, as Push will take care of it.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Gonna be honest guys, King K. Rool will be DLC
Not necessarily. The ballot is not a poll, it is a suggestions box.

His irrelevancy could very well trump his popularity.

This is a footnote.

There are none here.
View attachment 60934
:facepalm:

Yeeeeaaaaah, you have no clue what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the article where the translation that said there's "several more characters left".

But since I'm being forced to link you, I'll just send you to this article instead of the footnotes, because it explains what I mean: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/06/30/do-not-expect-a-ton-of-dlc-characters/

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see what Wave 1 has to do with anything.

Again: there is nothing that suggests there has to be an equal amount of Brawl and Melee cuts as DLC.
There's been a communication breakdown. For some reason you thought that I was talking about getting Wolf in wave 2 so you raised the point about getting 1 melee vet and 1 brawl vet. Me, not just referring to wave 2 thought that meant nothing as I was referring to getting Wolf as part of all potential pre-ballot DLC.

K?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
On second thought, I should make an article about it. Will definitely need some aid on this.

I should definitely end the article after my explanation with this.
"But hey, that's just a theory. A Smash theory!"

Chrono.

The Ballot DLC will be something alright.

Sure, K.Rool tops most random internet polls so it's not a stretch to think he's pretty high up in the ballot, but at the same time, Sakurai and his team could just say "Hey you know what? We're putting in Dixie instead".

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There's been a communication breakdown. For some reason you thought that I was talking about getting Wolf in wave 2 so you raised the point about getting 1 melee vet and 1 brawl vet. Me, not just referring to wave 2 thought that meant nothing as I was referring to getting Wolf as part of all potential pre-ballot DLC.

K?
No, I never thought you were talking about getting Wolf in Wave 2.

My response was to you suggesting that we will definitely get more veterans. I'm saying that's not necessarily the case.

My point is that there may not be any more pre-ballot DLC, and Wolf (as well as all other remaining cut veterans) might not be coming back.

Last edited:

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Anyway it has been already stated that these slots only did appear after the mewtwo patch so they could always put more in any updates maybe, but who knows maybe no one noticed until the patch.
In any case I see no point in discussing wheter wolf probabilities to get in has anything to do with the brawl and melee balance of characters, if anything it will be pure fan service if he returns, after all this argument hold as much ground as the starter pokemon theory since apparently characters are not chosen for their symbolic value. And I think it doesnt matter if he is pre-ballot or not, likely we wont get another character until august in the best scenario. And by that time, probably now, characters to be taken into consideration are already in development, so if someone does get revealed how would we know it was either unless sakurai says so.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Write it up first. Then we'll give you suggestions and then you can re-write it. Ask @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 ...it's a process to say the least :p.
Okay. I was unfamiliar with the process. I didn't know if you had to write a first draft or not (It was quite obvious though for quality control purposes :p). That's why I asked! Thanks!

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Okay. I was unfamiliar with the process. I didn't know if you had to write a first draft or not (It was quite obvious though for quality control purposes :p). That's why I asked! Thanks!
It'll be better if you do an outline first. We can point out logic flaws early on.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No, I never thought you were talking about getting Wolf in Wave 2.

My response was to you suggesting that we will definitely get more veterans. I'm saying that's not necessarily the case.
When did I say that? Did you miss the part where I agreed with you that the notion of getting the same amount of Melee and Brawl vets being a must was nonsense?

Personally I do think we'll end up getting an equal number, but only coincidentally, because the four popular (feasible, Nintendo-owned) vets are split down the middle as far as the two games, not because it's a rule or anything. And I never said it was a definite either, it was always my prediction.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Speaking of DLC, do you think they'll do something like a "Game of the Year" Version of Smash 4 for Wii U, 3DS (and probably NX) with all the DLC in tact where no one has to buy all the DLC which would cost extra.
Kinda similar to MK: Collectors Edition and most Arc Sys Fighters updates

I could see that happening around its lifespan to probably spark up extra sales.

image.jpg

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Speaking of DLC, do you think they'll do something like a "Game of the Year" Version of Smash 4 for Wii U, 3DS (and probably NX) with all the DLC in tact where no one has to buy all the DLC which would cost extra.

I could see that happening around its lifespan to probably spark up extra sales.

View attachment 60941
I'm expecting this, actually. The only question is when would it be released, and would it be on the NX?

Chrono.

View attachment 60941
I've gotten so used to the clone and dlc rows that this just looks off to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom