• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's kind of a repeat of what Sakurai said before saying that everything was done to get IC in the game, unless that was from the same article many news websites having been posting.
We didn't really know the extent of the work that was done. All we knew was that they couldn't get them to work on the 3DS version and that an effort was made.

There was room for people to suggest that they just couldn't come up with a workaround in time before; now that we know they went as far as to test cutting gravity, I think it's quite clear that it's not a matter of "It could work, but we couldn't find a way to do it and they were low priority anyway", it's a complete impossibility.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn gets that privilege. :troll:
Yeah, please wait until I can provide the official quote. plz, thank you.

We didn't really know the extent of the work that was done. All we knew was that they couldn't get them to work on the 3DS version and that an effort was made.

There was room for people to suggest that they just couldn't come up with a workaround in time before; now that we know they went as far as to test cutting gravity, I think it's quite clear that it's not a matter of "It could work, but we couldn't find a way to do it and they were low priority anyway", it's a complete impossibility.
Ice Climbers and low priority reason are 100% separate. You can raise your pitchforks to Nintendo Everything/ other blogs when I explain what the hell happened with that comment :p

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Ice Climbers and low priority reason are 100% separate. You can raise your pitchforks to Nintendo Everything/ other blogs when I explain what the hell happened with that comment :p
That comment was in reference to the theory most people who guessed Ice Climbers would be DLC had, not my own belief.

Most users in this thread who thought they were a possibility theorized that they didn't try everything to get them working, and just cut them after problems arised because they were low priority.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A question, but are Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle considered Tournament Legal?
Probably not Hyrule Castle since during the 64 competitive scene it's was really considered banned or not banned. From the tornado and size of the stage. Peach's Castle might be counterpick due to some situations but they might go with Japan look where every stage but Dreamland was banned

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
- Lucas was higher priority in Brawl.
- The demand for Lucas and Wolf was about equal.
- The Content Approaching stream suggested Sakurai and company chose a cut Melee vet and a cut Brawl vet for DLC Wave 2. After Mewtwo's addition to the roster, Roy was far and beyond the most popular cut Melee vet. Lucas was less of a clear cut winner, but he was a top runner for Brawl's most popular cut vet.
- There is zero precedent for these advertisement theories. Every single time people have predicted a character based on an upcoming/recent release, it has been wrong. There was no real reason to think it'd be any different here.
Yeah that makes sense if Sakurai was going to limit it to three DLC characters, but he's clearly not.

Also I'm not just talking about DLC Wave 2...

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Poor Ice Climbers. It sucks that they couldn't make it on the 3DS, but i'm glad they tried their best to find some way to make it happen. The only possibility is that they try the solo ice climber idea, but considering how Sakurai hasn't changed the core gameplay of any character yet, he won't do it for Ice Climbers. Still though, I think the 3DS version is a great game. No one should hate it simply because it cut one character out of 51 (Now 55 and still going) characters.

R.I.P Ice Climbers. Hopefully next game you make a return.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah that makes sense if Sakurai was going to limit it to three DLC characters, but he's clearly not.
But it might be his limit for pre-ballot DLC. That's the point. We dont know if veterans can come back via the ballot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
According to what, exactly?
The fact that the ballot exists. He's clearly open to adding additional characters. Additional popular characters.

And the fact that there is data for six extra characters already in the game...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Welp. The Trigger has been set.
Oh Lord help us. :icsmelee:
We'll be fine. Worse case we can quarantine ourselves for a few days. It'll be great. We can clamor for air, pray for the noises to stop, and occaisonally eat one of the members for food! (I nominate @CyberHyperPhoenix to be our first dinner. :D)

Last edited:

Soul.

My condolences go to you, Ice Climber mains and supporters alike. I know some of you are upset with the 3DS version existing and all, but what's done is done. I may seem biased, I may seem like I didn't care about them, I may seem like, whatever you think; we're all in the same boat.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The fact that the ballot exists. He's clearly open to adding additional characters. Additional popular characters.

And the fact that there is data for six extra characters already in the game...
Uhh....you really don't understand the Mario slot thing, do you?

First of all, there was only 5. And they were discovered after the Mewtwo update. Three of those slots were filled by Lucas, Roy, and Ryu in June.

There's only 2 left at this point. Not 6. There was never 6, even before the previous batch of DLC landed.

I'd suggest reading this article: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But it might be his limit for pre-ballot DLC. That's the point. We dont know if veterans can come back via the ballot.
Look there are two more slots after :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:&:4ryu:. Unless we're gonna pretend that its for the ballot when that showed that it wasn't related to ballot at all show he atleast 1-2 more spots for pre-ballot.

You really think that we're done with DLC characters until the ballot

"But Sakurai said in the direct..."

Sakurai says a lot of stuff which ended up bullcrap at the end or do I have to remind you of "There will be no DLC characters after Mewtwo" then afterwards this little guy :4lucas: came from Nowhere. You guys are more pessimistic than 4chan when it comes to characters

I know how Sakurai works, from his backtracking, his half-half lies and even the certain situations of trolling. Pre-Ballot is gonna end right smack dab in August/September since it can easily roll in Tournament, extra 64 stages and YouTube features.

We ain't even went into Phase 2 (Ballot choices). We're still in Phase 1 and it'll be while before things are done and decided

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...which I think is ludicrous given that he's aware of the veterans' popularity and is actively sending out a net for additional popular characters...

which is why I believe he's lying...

Uhh....you really don't understand the Mario slot thing, do you?

First of all, there was only 5. And they were discovered after the Mewtwo update. Three of those slots were filled by Lucas, Roy, and Ryu in June.

There's only 2 left at this point. Not 6. There was never 6, even before the previous batch of DLC landed.

I'd suggest reading this article: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/
I meant six in total past the initial roster. The four we have and two more.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Unless we're gonna pretend that its for the ballot when that showed that it wasn't related to ballot at all show he atleast 1-2 more spots for pre-ballot.
There is absolutely no proof that those slots are intended to be for pre-ballot content.

Sakurai says a lot of stuff which ended up bullcrap at the end or do I have to remind you of "There will be no DLC characters after Mewtwo" then afterwards this little guy :4lucas: came from Nowhere.
Could you find me a quote where Sakurai says "There will be no DLC characters besides Mewtwo"? Because I'm pretty certain he never said anything of the sort. Just that they hadn't decided yet.

I know how Sakurai works, from his backtracking, his half-half lies and even the certain situations of trolling.
You know who else used "durrr sakurey is a troll!!!1111" in their arguments?

The people who swore up and down that Ridley would be a playable character.

Boy, that turned out swell, didn't it?

I don't even see how this is relevant, anyway. What would he be trolling us about, exactly? We're not supposed to know about the remaining slots.

Pre-Ballot is gonna end right smack dab in August/September since it can easily roll in Tournament, extra 64 stages and YouTube features.

We ain't even went into Phase 2 (Ballot choices). We're still in Phase 1 and it'll be while before things are done and decided
Source?

I meant six in total past the initial roster. The four we have and two more.
What was your point then, exactly?

There's nothing to suggest that the remaining slots are intended for pre-ballot content. Sakurai's own words suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What was your point then, exactly?

There's nothing to suggest that the remaining slots are intended for pre-ballot content. Sakurai's own words suggest otherwise.
>_<

That Sakurai clearly isn't limiting the DLC to three characters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Meh, I don't care how many we're getting, 'cause either way I'm going to shell money for them. 'Tis is the life of a gamer.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
>_<

That Sakurai clearly isn't limiting the DLC to three characters.
Correct.

There's still at least two more. Nobody ever said Roy, Ryu, and Lucas are the last DLC characters.

Again, I ask this: what is your point?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Look there are two more slots after :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:&:4ryu:. Unless we're gonna pretend that its for the ballot when that showed that it wasn't related to ballot at all show he atleast 1-2 more spots for pre-ballot.

You really think that we're done with DLC characters until the ballot

"But Sakurai said in the direct..."

Sakurai says a lot of stuff which ended up bullcrap at the end or do I have to remind you of "There will be no DLC characters after Mewtwo" then afterwards this little guy :4lucas: came from Nowhere. You guys are more pessimistic than 4chan when it comes to characters

I know how Sakurai works, from his backtracking, his half-half lies and even the certain situations of trolling. Pre-Ballot is gonna end right smack dab in August/September since it can easily roll in Tournament, extra 64 stages and YouTube features.

I think I have a pretty good idea on how Sakurai actually works. I've been translating stuff he has said for the last 6 months. A lot of the stuff he's said has been mistranslated or taken out of context. I have over five pages so far of a write up explaining just some of the stuff that Sakurai has never said. The "no DLC" is on there.

Also, @ kylexv kylexv thanks for waiting. Really, I appreciate it. This might be the last time I share information with you guys before I publish it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There's no proof that the two Mario slots are for pre-ballot DLC.

But there's also no concrete proof that they aren't.

The only way to truly deduce if the next character is pre-ballot or not is if we wait.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The two extra slots are obviously for metal Mario and cat Mario.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

The only way to truly deduce if the next character is pre-ballot or not is if we wait.
Pretty much.

Here's the full information. I worked with Soma to put this out on double time. I'm skipping lunch for you guys >=(

Burb

The Absolute Worst

The side I go with is always the side that has more evidence backing it.

While neither side has anything concrete, there's more on the side of pre-ballot character DLC being finished. The word of the developer and the data that's been uncovered is stronger evidence than theories and "I want this to happen". That's why I'm on the side I'm on.

Honestly, I think August is the point where we'll know for sure. Given that the ballot closes in October, I don't think we'll be getting anything major in September, so August's Tourney update is more than likely to be the last opportunity to add any more before the ballot's end.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

Here's the full information. I worked with Soma to put this out on double time. I'm skipping lunch for you guys >=(
Japanese

Works harder than he should. Oh my god push is sakurai.

Honestly thanks for all of this deleting all this misinformation makes it really easy for me to win more arguments and stuff like this is really cool to know.

RIP IC. I knew you were dead but this is the funeral i guess. See you next mission smash. (Hopefully)

Just skimmed the ice climbers part. Olimar trouble too? Now that would be a cut i couldnt handle. I really hope the next smash can handle of this stuff :x

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Correct.

There's still at least two more. Nobody ever said Roy, Ryu, and Lucas are the last DLC characters.

Again, I ask this: what is your point?
Even without the Marios I just find it ludicrous that Lucas and Roy would be planned for DLC and Wolf wouldn't, especially with Star Fox on the horizon.
To which you then gave a fine argument as to why Wolf wouldn't get in over them (even though you used the point that we got one Melee vet and one Brawl vet as part of wave 2 even though in total we've received two Melee vets to Brawl's one), but not why he wouldn't get in pre-ballot. The argument to that would be Sakurai saying from now on it's fanservice to which I responded
Personally I still think he's lying. I think all six Marios were chosen pre-ballot.

I know. They might be for ballot characters.

I'm saying I don't believe they are because I can't imagine Sakurai would look for additional popular characters from the fans before adding Wolf given who has already been added.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Pretty much.

"Olimar and his Pikmin were also extremely difficult, but I managed to at least get them to work."
Well. This is certainly new.
Hell no one ever said Olimar could have got the boot because of his limits.
And to think he was the very first after E3 too.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Pretty much.

After reading that last part, remember how a lot of people got mad when they thought Sakurai was calling them kids? Yeah, looks like it was just a miss-translation. This was a good read, and I really appreciate all this effort you and your team do; It's great seeing all this information.

"Olimar and his Pikmin were also extremely difficult, but I managed to at least get them to work."
I always thought Olimar having 3 pikmin was a result of the 3DS: Turns out I was right. Good thing we didn't lose him as well...

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I thought this was common knowledge that Olimar had some issues. After all his Pikmin count got downsized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom