• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There is literally no chance whatsoever of a character announcement at Comic Con.
Once again: they only happen on Nintendo Direct, official Nintendo streams, E3, or events during E3.
We've had a billion other conventions and tournaments go by with diddly squat. There's no reason whatsoever to think it's going to be any different now.
Watch us get a comic book character at Comic Con. :shades:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
There is literally no chance whatsoever of a character announcement at Comic Con.

Once again: they only happen on Nintendo Direct, official Nintendo streams, E3, or events during E3.

We've had a billion other conventions and tournaments go by with diddly squat. There's no reason whatsoever to think it's going to be any different now.
As I told my self, you always take someone's meaning the opposite way. That means we'll definitely get a character reveal 100% at SDCC! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
:troll:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wasn't there that one thing about a possible Smash reveal at EVO or something along those lines? A tweet or something, I can't fully remember, sorry.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Problem is, if Wolf was being developed alongside Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy/Ryu, we'd have found traces of him back in April's update. Not to mention we'd likely have him by now.

I hear people theorize that he was one of the first to be developed but is being inexplicably held back all the time, and it's just really easy to shatter thanks to the Mewtwo data mining. I know the completion level may vary, but I'm pretty certain we'd have seen a victory theme for Wolf in there. And before anyone says "BUT WHAT IF HE'S GETTING A UNIQUE ONE LIKE BOWSER AND DARK PIT!?"......keep in mind that the Ryu victory theme found in April is different than the one that made it into the game (April's update had a straight up port of the SFII victory theme, the DLC release had a remade version). Even if he had a new victory theme that wasn't done yet, I'm sure they'd have a placeholder.
That's a valid point, and I don't think that, even if Wolf is planned, that he was ever intended to be released before the ones we just got. All of the pre-ballot content was likely planned soon after they saw the numbers for Mewtwo, if not before. Obviously, earlier packs would be prioritized by the developers, so maybe they simply hadn't made it to that content yet.

In any case, if we're on the upper end of the generally expected two to four or five characters, I think it's reasonable to say that they have already been working on it for release relatively soon, within the next 2-3 months. As noted by many before, the N64 stages shown in the "New Content Approaching" video looked mostly complete. I don't expect many, if any, DLC characters, pre- or post-ballot, much farther in the future than December or January at the very latest.

I said it specifically about Wolf before, but it could apply to any characters currently being worked on: they likely started development of the amiibo shortly after completing the model for the character. Now, I know during game development, they don't always complete a full model before programming functionality, but this is also add-on content for already completed software, and Sakurai/Nintendo/development staff are aware of the demand for amiibo. It's very possible that that portion of the process is being expedited or developed alongside everything else in order to get it out for purchase at a faster rate for the customer base.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wasn't there that one thing about a possible Smash reveal at EVO or something along those lines? A tweet or something, I can't fully remember, sorry.
Not that I know of. It would have been all over the place if so. You're probably thinking of CEO... which got nothing.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ah, now I understand. I think I just skimmed some pages and saw some prediction when I was tired or something, which my brain totally turned into false information. My bad. :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If there was a leak which seemed completely real, with characters like K. Rool, Isaac, Paper Mario, and all the other highly-voted DLC characters, with a 20 minute long gameplay video....

..But it had Koopa playable. Would you think it to be real or fake?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If there was a leak which seemed completely real, with characters like K. Rool, Isaac, Paper Mario, and all the other highly-voted DLC characters, with a 20 minute long gameplay video....

Depends on the gameplay video, show a fight against Master Core or something. Besides, Koopa woud be used as an argument against Dee-tractors

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Koopa's already in the game.

:4bowser: to be exact. :shades:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You're easy and fun to tease :colorful::colorful::colorful:
Again, I don't know what this means? It kinda just sounds like an insult.

That'd be normal. We've known about Koopa since the game was announced. :4bowser:

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh man, you guys are just so funny. He he. Ha ha.

The gameplay video shows them in several modes, including a quick classic mode run. It shows their trophies.

D

Deleted member

I don't want this. The last veteran that should come back is Wolf, and if they can swing it, Ice Climbers. Snake would be fun to have back, and I'd love a solo Squirtle, but we're fine without.

I'd rather move on to new territory.
This. We face a real possible reality that we only get one Nintendo newcomer. While I'm glad to have Lucas and Roy back, I have to admit the lack of fully unique newcomers we would have under a six character scenario is disappointing. This was part of the reason why I wished Mewtwo, Lucas, and Wolf had been in instead of Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Dog, and Greninja; at least then DLC characters would have mostly been a new thing.
What excites me is that no character feels like a guarantee right now. It helps build tension which I enjoy.
If anything, I almost feel as I know who's getting in; at least two of them. This is probably the most boring period of speculation for me.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, you guys are just so funny. He he. Ha ha.

The gameplay video shows them in several modes, including a quick classic mode run. It shows their trophies.
I honestly would have to see the video first. I can't say it right away.

It includes that.

Alongside Koopa, Goomba is added.
Mark me a day one Goomba main.

GREAT.
Now I want Deadpool in Smash.
Deadpool = Bestpool

Also:
Deadpool = Leastalivepool
:troll:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why? Why do you constantly pester about the characters I want?
Just leave me alone. :ohwell:
I don't know what I do to warrant such blatant disrespect from certain people...:facepalm:
I don't see it as bullying. Just teasing.

It's not even anything personal, anyway. I'd be saying the same sort of stuff to anyone else who insists that Assist Trophies/Bosses/NPCs/whatever are viable. In fact, I did say the same crap to the Ridley supporters who insisted he still had a shot thanks to that ridiculous Wii U exclusive character theory, and the ones who still insisted Classic Ridley would be playable after 50 Facts Direct finally fully revealed him as a boss.

I don't get the whole "talking bad about my favorite is a personal attack!" logic that tends to go around. In case you haven't noticed, I've been saying that Wolf, my absolute most wanted character, isn't the lock most people seem to consider him to be. I am one of the only two people that I know of who feel this way.

If I'm disrespecting you by saying Midna and Ghirahim have no chance of being playable (and they don't), I'm disrespecting myself by saying Wolf is highly likely to not return.

That's a valid point, and I don't think that, even if Wolf is planned, that he was ever intended to be released before the ones we just got. All of the pre-ballot content was likely planned soon after they saw the numbers for Mewtwo, if not before. Obviously, earlier packs would be prioritized by the developers, so maybe they simply hadn't made it to that content yet.

In any case, if we're on the upper end of the generally expected two to four or five characters, I think it's reasonable to say that they have already been working on it for release relatively soon, within the next 2-3 months. As noted by many before, the N64 stages shown in the "New Content Approaching" video looked mostly complete. I don't expect many, if any, DLC characters, pre- or post-ballot, much farther in the future than December or January at the very latest.

I said it specifically about Wolf before, but it could apply to any characters currently being worked on: they likely started development of the amiibo shortly after completing the model for the character. Now, I know during game development, they don't always complete a full model before programming functionality, but this is also add-on content for already completed software, and Sakurai/Nintendo/development staff are aware of the demand for amiibo. It's very possible that that portion of the process is being expedited or developed alongside everything else in order to get it out for purchase at a faster rate for the customer base.
Actually, renders/character artwork (y'know, the poses he amiibo figures are based around) tend to be one of the last things done.

If you'd like some proof.......in the Smash Direct from April 2014, you'll see several scenes of Diddy Kong and Lucario using their Brawl artwork in the HUD. Additional proof comes with the fact that we got a still image of Mewtwo's model rather than his render in the 50 Facts Direct.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Harry Shearer isn't leaving The Simpsons, I didn't think he would, but it's great to hear confirmation.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know what I kind of hope we get for DLC? A retro character that is largely unexpected (similar to Duck Hunt, R.O.B and Mr. Game and Watch). I've been feeling very retro lately and it would add a little bit more diversity to the roster (even though it's already diverse enough).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Harry Shearer isn't leaving The Simpsons, I didn't think he would, but it's great to hear confirmation.

The show would probably have died without him, as he's a large amount of the cast.

What's the funniest thing you've seen a mod post? Best I saw was when someone said "What's Metroid like?" Our beloved @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei replied with "Sex, but better"

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You know what I kind of hope we get for DLC? A retro character that is largely unexpected (similar to Duck Hunt, R.O.B and Mr. Game and Watch). I've been feeling very retro lately and it would add a little bit more diversity to the roster.
Pre-ballot stuff is more than likely done, and no retros are doing particularly well on the ballot as far as I know.

Had it not been for data mining, I think Ryu would've fit the bill as our unexpected newcomer.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I actually wanted him to leave so the show would be easier to cancel sooner.

Not like him staying makes the content better the show is still **** and character have crapped on and Flanderized (heh) to hell and back

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know what I kind of hope we get for DLC? A retro character that is largely unexpected (similar to Duck Hunt, R.O.B and Mr. Game and Watch). I've been feeling very retro lately and it would add a little bit more diversity to the roster (even though it's already diverse enough).
Unexpected, diverse retro character?
That sounds like a pretty exciting event indeed. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom