• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think Yooka-Laylee and Bloodstained are much better examples on how to make a good kickstarter to say the least.
I'd say Shovel Knight's a better example, it's based off of classic stuff, didn't need multiple kickstarters and ended up looking beautiful with loads of effort. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone pans MN9. I look forward to a Zero Punctuation review of it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's funny because Inafune once called out Japanese developers for not being creative and original.

And now look at this.
I expect **** like that from a Western developer, with all the Candy Crush and CoD clones. Inafune needs to ****ing stop, I have now officially lost all respect for him.
do people actually still watch zero punctuation in mmxv anno domini
Loads of people do

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Might be one of those Touhou-inspired fan games.

(I actually like ZUN's art style, if he could just work on the proportions more it'd be fine. I prefer it over most anime art style lol)
Yeah the art is Zun inspired but it's from a different game series called Len'en which was inspired from Touhou made by JynX. So far there are four games. The latest one being Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle which made signicant changes to make it stand out from Touhou. The character is Tsubakura one of the main characters.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just remembered that a Mighty Number 9 cartoon is coming and so is a :4megaman: cartoon.
I hope they are on the same channel

So how upset Inafune will be when the Megaman cartoon does better than MN9

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What is it with all these games getting movies? Haven't they learned that game movies are absolutely horrible 9 times out of 10? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
What is it with all these games getting movies? Haven't they learned that game movies are absolutely horrible 9 times out of 10? :facepalm:
are there actually good ones? this is not a rhetorical question. metal gear doesn't count

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
are there actually good ones? this is not a rhetorical question. metal gear doesn't count
I heard the Animal Crossing movie did alright in Japan.... just kidding, I heard it sucked.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually, there was some law that gave you extra money regardless of the end product's quality or something. Game Theory looked at it
RED ASH.
That's the name.
What a stupid name.

This is the first thing I think of.
RED ASH
RE DASH
ROCKMAN DASH

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Animated? Probably some good ones. Some of the Pokémon ones have been decent for example.

Live action? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh......

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Mortal Kombat, Japan OVAs/Movies and the Pokemon movies (1-3) show that it can work.

It's just people make horrible mistakes like Sega hiring Uwe Boll for House of the Dead, Doom being stupid as hell (despite how decent The Rock was) and Capcom screwing up 3 times (Resident Evil and Street Fighter, twice)

Although most people like to use the Mario movie as an example but that was due to Nintendo having ZERO influence on the movie. Now in 2015, they won't make that same mistake when :4mario: makes his triumphant return to the big screen

(Plus I still want my :4link:&:4samus: movies and probably try to pull off a live action :4ness: movie)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I kinda like it. The VA on the other hand though is really... lol
SHUT UP TAILS
The only franchises I could see having a movie that is both great and faithful to its games are Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row and Assassin's Creed
Hm...maybe. Not a fan of GTA or Assassin's Creed though.
A Saints Row movie could be pretty awesome though.

Resident Evil and Tomb Raider probably could have had good and faithful movies but of course that was squandered when it actually happened.

I want a creepy Resident Evil anime.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
A Saints Row movie has the potential to be the most amazing thing ever or the suckiest thing in existence.

It should happen though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Mortal Kombat, Japan OVAs/Movies and the Pokemon movies (1-3) show that it can work.

It's just people make horrible mistakes like Sega hiring Uwe Boll for House of the Dead, Doom being stupid as hell (despite how decent The Rock was) and Capcom screwing up 3 times (Resident Evil and Street Fighter, twice)

Although most people like to use the Mario movie as an example but that was due to Nintendo having ZERO influence on the movie. Now in 2015, they won't make that same mistake when :4mario: makes his triumphant return to the big screen

(Plus I still want my :4link:&:4samus: movies and probably try to pull off a live action :4ness: movie)
I REALLY want a Metroid movie adaptation of the manga. That **** was amazing. Also, hire Slowbeef for Ridley

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
A Xenoblade anime, that's what I want.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I'd want is a full-length Pikmin movie made by Miyamoto like the the short movies...
Or just more short movies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Even though it would probably just be a Rocky rip-off, I want to see a Punch-Out movie lol.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really want to see where this Sonic Movie is going.
The Entire Opening To unleashed is like a movie.
Compile that with Night of the Werehog.
I want to see this kind of thing as a movie. I dread to think about what it will end up actually being.
Man Unleashed was great.:4sonic:
Sonic Unleashed WAS a Disney movie. Look at the design of the humans especially compared to SA1/2, Shadow and 06. From the music and setting and tone. That why I loved the style of Unleashed.

I REALLY want a Metroid movie adaptation of the manga. That **** was amazing. Also, hire Slowbeef for Ridley
True that. Plus have it setup with a suspension feeling like traveling through Norfair and Brinstar's Depths.

The problem is fining the perfect Samus. I doubt Jennifer Hale could do it since she isn't as fit and the age isn't close to it

D

Deleted member

I wanna see a Xenoblade movie, but I know it would end up badly.
On another note, who would like to see a Pokemon live action movie?

Chrono.

The first Street Fighter movie is silly campy fun.

The second one on the other hand...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of games and movies...
I haven't heard about that The Last of Us movie in a while. I hope that means it's being cancelled.
It would never be as good.
I have a question about TLOU. How can anyone say good things about the ending?

Apparently people who got the season pass for MKX can't even ****ing download Predator DLC. WB was already one of the scummiest companies out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom