• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Even though it would probably just be a Rocky rip-off, I want to see a Punch-Out movie lol.
It wouldn't even be close. Mostly due to :4littlemac: being 17, how over the top the boxers are and it'll fit more as an animated series than a movie. And fans have been asking for that for YEARS.

I have a question about TLOU. How can anyone say good things about the ending?

Apparently people who got the season pass for MKX can't even ****ing download Predator DLC. WB was already one of the scummiest companies out there
WB Games is bull**** and I can't stand them but the sole fact they have ones the best developers out there (Rocksteady and Netherrelms) makes it hurt even more and pisses me off

The first Street Fighter movie is silly campy fun.

The second one on the other hand...
Why was Liu Kang playing Gen, why was Charlie a guide and sleazeball and why the hell was there a sequel bait just because they mention :4ryu:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have a question about TLOU. How can anyone say good things about the ending?
Apparently people who got the season pass for MKX can't even ****ing download Predator DLC. WB was already one of the scummiest companies out there
I'm not a fan of the ending either. It kinda kills Joel's character for me (I already didn't like him).
Warner Bros. is awful. I'm glad Jim Sterling enlightened me on the **** they do.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I just want to see an F-Zero movie. It would be like some sort of a futuristic racing movie, but with Captain Falcon punching people every ten minutes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want to see some sort of F-Zero movie. It would be like some sort of a futuristic racing movie, but with Captain Falcon punching people every ten minutes.
Or just a Smash movie with him punching people every 10 seconds

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I just want to see some sort of F-Zero movie. It would be like some sort of a futuristic racing movie, but with Captain Falcon punching people every ten minutes.
Who would play Falcon?

inb4 Chuck Norris

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So it's just Judge Dredd x Speed Racer.

I'll take 8
The best intro in any video game ever.
also the best Sonic design ever

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Trust me, KR is great. Especially Drive, Gaim and W. It's basically a mature Power Rangers, only good. Gaim is a fruit samurai and his show was written by the guy who wrote Madoka. Really impressive. Should I send a link?
Speaking of Power Rangers
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/6/29/power-rangers-movie-plot-details-revealed

Seems pretty decent

Next we are at Dave and Busters where we meet 16 year old ZACK who plays a supershot arcade style basketball game and scores 139 points. The girls love him and the guys want to be him. An assistant basketball coach tries to recruit Zack into joining the school basketball team but Zack declines by selfishly responding there is no "I" in team.

>Still doing the stereotype thing

HAVE THEY LEARN NOTHING FROM 20 YEARS AGO

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/6/29/power-rangers-movie-plot-details-revealed

Seems pretty decent

Next we are at Dave and Busters where we meet 16 year old ZACK who plays a supershot arcade style basketball game and scores 139 points. The girls love him and the guys want to be him. An assistant basketball coach tries to recruit Zack into joining the school basketball team but Zack declines by selfishly responding there is no "I" in team.

Does anyone really care about any of the rangers that aren't Jason David Frank?

Chrono.

Seems pretty decent

As long it's nothing like that fanmade gritty reboot from awhile back.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what'd be cool?
It we could buy an official Mega Man game.

Still it's better than what say F-Zero gets. I'd love to buy an official Captain Falcon helmet.
BORN IN A WORLD OF HYEEEES
AGAINST THE KNEE
WE SHOW OUR MOVES
FALCON PUNCH!
But yeah, Mega Man has been getting noticeablely more attention than F-Zero as of late

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just want to see an F-Zero movie. It would be like some sort of a futuristic racing movie, but with Captain Falcon punching people every ten minutes.
Every ten seconds and we got a deal. :awesome:

Or just a Smash movie with him punching people every 10 seconds
...Damnit, I'm too slow.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Right, and I agree. I wasn't intending to imply it was likely either. If Wolf is, in fact, pre-ballot DLC though (possible, but not likely), work would've probably started on him the same time as the others. As you said, Falco is possibly coming with the DLC character amiibo, so they could've created Wolf's alongside those. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and I'm sure there are and have been prototypes for the DLC character amiibo for some time that are just getting fine-tuned. They likely started work on the amiibo shortly after the models were completed for the game. They announced the 8-bit Mario amiibos at E3 last month for release in September with Mario Maker. There's more than enough time for a Wolf amiibo to be made before the Holiday 2015 release window.

To be honest, I thought I saw a 2016 release date for Roy and Ryu's amiibos, but I couldn't find it. I watched the New Content Approaching video again and it simply states that the release timing hasn't been decided yet. I was thinking if that was true, then Falco's amiibo might just be a store exclusive released by itself, similar to Palutena and Dark Pit being exclusives and their own separate "wave".
Problem is, if Wolf was being developed alongside Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy/Ryu, we'd have found traces of him back in April's update. Not to mention we'd likely have him by now.

I hear people theorize that he was one of the first to be developed but is being inexplicably held back all the time, and it's just really easy to shatter thanks to the Mewtwo data mining. I know the completion level may vary, but I'm pretty certain we'd have seen a victory theme for Wolf in there. And before anyone says "BUT WHAT IF HE'S GETTING A UNIQUE ONE LIKE BOWSER AND DARK PIT!?"......keep in mind that the Ryu victory theme found in April is different than the one that made it into the game (April's update had a straight up port of the SFII victory theme, the DLC release had a remade version). Even if he had a new victory theme that wasn't done yet, I'm sure they'd have a placeholder.

Last edited:

Chrono.

You know what'd be cool?
It we could buy an official Mega Man game.
Call me delusional, but Capcom has been giving the guy some decent attention recently.

I do think this might lead up to a game. My worry is that they might reboot the whole series, which is sadly probably the best route to go at this point.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
*Reads the post* Greeeat now I'm going to get myself hyped to expect a character at comic con or in July.:glare:
There is literally no chance whatsoever of a character announcement at Comic Con.

Once again: they only happen on Nintendo Direct, official Nintendo streams, E3, or events during E3.

We've had a billion other conventions and tournaments go by with diddly squat. There's no reason whatsoever to think it's going to be any different now.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, Mega Man has been getting quite a few bits of good news recently. Only issue is that it's not exactly what people really want.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Call me delusional, but Capcom has been giving the guy some decent attention recently.
I do think this might lead up to a game. My worry is that they might reboot the whole series, which is sadly probably the best route to go at this point.
Well, Nintendo has been giving F-Zero attention too (Mute City and Big Blue, and the Blue Falcon DLC for MK8) but it doesn't seem to be leading to a game. :(

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, Mega Man has been getting quite a few bits of good news recently. Only issue is that it's not exactly what people really want.
I think it's building up to the game, the Legacy Collection exist to try to introduce the audience to series again to newer fans who probably caught on from him being in Smash.

Give Capcom credit, they actually trying to rebrand and reintroduce him to a newer audience and hopefully still keep the love for the older and dedicated fans like us. From comics, cartoons, new merch, most his games being released on e-Shop and PSN and a new anthology game for the newer systems as well

It's better than nothing that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom