• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I'm sure he's fine, I just kinda moved. I've never had the same main in any game. I'm actually not sure who my main is in this one. For a while I was doing great as Falcon, but not lately. I really like that two of my favorite brawl characters, Ganon and Bowser, are a lot more fun to play as now. My Ganon on team mode is pretty great :)
Did you ever fix your connection? I wanted to play you! :(

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I made it a point to learn Pit and Olimar in this game because they treated me oh so well last game. Lucas treated me well in Brawl but this new Lucas is wonky. Haven't given him the time to really decide what i'm doing with him.

Shulk was my most wanted newcomer, so i had to get him working. Thankfully he sort of already fit my playstyle, just with the lack of a projectile.

Everyone i'm testing is just kinda there. I'll have a random game with them where i do well and say, hmm, let me give them a try, and then keep playing them until i either warm up to their playstyle or decide they aren't for me and give them a pass. That's why it rotates so often.
Yeah, and a lot of it depends on the skill of the opponent and their character. I remember one round I played as Rosalina, and my friend gave up because she was too over powered. Then I played against someone else and couldn't even get one kill.

I was trying to main WFT for the first few weeks, but that didn't work out. I think part of it is I'm having a hard time finding a controller that doesn't seem to lag, and doesn't turn around when I press down b. I didn't have that problem in Brawl. Almost every time I press down b, my character does the move and turns around. I don't know why.

@ CroonerMike CroonerMike I haven't tried it since then. I think it was a problem with the Wii U, because everything else on the internet was fine :/

I'll try again soon

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Kamiya speaking my mind. Then I agreed with him on twitter then he blocked me

Wtf was that all about? :(

Last edited:

Naoshi

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
lol I wasn't even doing that. Someone replied to him calling DMC and Bayonetta a straight up copy, I disagreed with the person and said that unlike Bayonetta, MN09 is a straight up copy.

Then Kamiya thought I was tagging him and blocked me.
I know you weren't.

It's just what always comes to mind when people talk about Kamiya blocking them.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just want to say that you can jump out of Olimar's up-b to attack. So it's not too bad.

And on the topic of MN9... I'm still kinda looking forward to it, but Kamiya has a point.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
lol I wasn't even doing that. Someone replied to him calling DMC and Bayonetta a straight up copy, I disagreed with the person and said that unlike Bayonetta, MN09 is a straight up copy.

Then Kamiya thought I was tagging him and blocked me.

https://twitter.com/qqnosh/status/618449898535391232
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/618450626624622592
Don't bother making a new account just to see his tweets, just go incognito (so you aren't logged in), unless he's set to private you'll still see his tweets.

BTW gave you a follow :).

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
As much as I love the Legends series, I don't think I can trust Inafune with another project like this.... :/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard that there's currently a live action Mighty No.9 movie in the works. I have 2 questions. 1: Where did that money come from? It wasn't a stretch goal on anything, right? Second, WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT TILL THE BLOODY GAME RELEASES TO SEE IF A MOVIE IS A GOOD IDEA?!?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I heard that there's currently a live action Mighty No.9 movie in the works. I have 2 questions. 1: Where did that money come from? It wasn't a stretch goal on anything, right? Second, WHY DIDN'T YOU WAIT TILL THE BLOODY GAME RELEASES TO SEE IF A MOVIE IS A GOOD IDEA?!?
I actually had to look this up to see if this was real.

It's real.

Inafune wtf. Why are you making a franchise before your franchise even starts.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I actually had to look this up to see if this was real.

It's real.

Inafune wtf. Why are you making a franchise before your franchise even starts.
Not to mention starting another user-backed project before we can even see how his first one really turned out...

Naoshi

Seriously Inafune :/ Getting way too damn ahead of himself. What is he thinking??

Naoshi

Don't bother making a new account just to see his tweets, just go incognito (so you aren't logged in), unless he's set to private you'll still see his tweets.

BTW gave you a follow :).
Oh, I was wondering who just followed me!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
With all these new projects Inafune is doing I'd be surprised if they manage to release Mighty No 9 this year.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mighty No. 9 musical, pls Inafune

Khoru

Smash Champion
WTF

DLC kickstarter and the game isnt even out... sfdlksdlkgsadklgdslkdg
this was in like november, it didn't succeed anyway, and it's now being included in all of the retail versions
:/

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think Yooka-Laylee and Bloodstained are much better examples on how to make a good kickstarter to say the least.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I don't think they would be able to have a Wolf amiibo out at the same time as the DLC.

We don't even have a prototype of Mewtwo's yet.

I'm pretty sure Falco's wave will be with the current crop of DLC characters, not with some Wolf amiibo that somehow managed to get created before characters who would've been out before him for several months.
Right, and I agree. I wasn't intending to imply it was likely either. If Wolf is, in fact, pre-ballot DLC though (possible, but not likely), work would've probably started on him the same time as the others. As you said, Falco is possibly coming with the DLC character amiibo, so they could've created Wolf's alongside those. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and I'm sure there are and have been prototypes for the DLC character amiibo for some time that are just getting fine-tuned. They likely started work on the amiibo shortly after the models were completed for the game. They announced the 8-bit Mario amiibos at E3 last month for release in September with Mario Maker. There's more than enough time for a Wolf amiibo to be made before the Holiday 2015 release window.

To be honest, I thought I saw a 2016 release date for Roy and Ryu's amiibos, but I couldn't find it. I watched the New Content Approaching video again and it simply states that the release timing hasn't been decided yet. I was thinking if that was true, then Falco's amiibo might just be a store exclusive released by itself, similar to Palutena and Dark Pit being exclusives and their own separate "wave".

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All this press for such an unimpressive game, too.
At least it has a cool theme song. They may have changed it by now, though, to something a little "closer to Mega Man".
If they seriously ****ing do that I want my money back even though I never donated. ****, almost every comment on the game since the beta came out is 'THIS came fron 3 million?' 'I'm glad I didn't donate' and 'want my money back'

Honestly, MN9 is so much like Mega Man that Comcept is doing shady stuff just like Capcom, I wouldn't be ****ing surprised if that was the reason they did this greedy bull****

Naoshi

what on earth is that zun art abomination
Might be one of those Touhou-inspired fan games.

(I actually like ZUN's art style, if he could just work on the proportions more it'd be fine. I prefer it over most anime art style lol)

Chrono.

It's funny because Inafune once called out Japanese developers for not being creative and original.

And now look at this.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Might be one of those Touhou-inspired fan games.

(I actually like ZUN's art style, if he could just work on the proportions more it'd be fine. I prefer it over most anime art style lol)
true, it's pretty charming. and... well, immediately recognizable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom