• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Seems like Pokken's arcade roster will be 8 characters.
Only eight characters and Weavile made it in?
Yep, definitely moving up in the world. *sniff*
It's always like that in Arcade Fighting Game .

Arcade Dissidia Final Fantasy had "only" 6 character , but 55 are planned with Update .

Tekken 7 have not a lot of character yet .

Don't be worry , i'm sure during next week we will see new Pokemon added to the Roster with an Update :'3

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Then you must have an issue with Sheik and ZSS as well.
Even if I did, what difference does it make? They're in the game already. Paper Mario is not. Their presence doesn't automatically make the idea of adding more characters of that type better to me. Does Dark Pit's presence make it a good idea to add Shadow Mario and Dark Link to the roster as their own character?

Sheik and ZSS aren't the best examples, anyway. They're both remnants of the scrapped transformation system. They weren't separate characters before. Not to mention ZSS' own situation of coming from a series that has very few viable characters.

DLC is limited, and I'd like to see it go to giving under-repped franchises more attention or adding new ones to the mix. If Mario were to get another character, I think I'd actually go with Paper Mario: but the thing is, I don't really think Mario needs a DLC newcomer.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Arcade Dissidia Final Fantasy had "only" 6 character , but 55 are planned with Update .
Don't be worry , i'm sure during next week we will see new Pokemon added to the Roster with an Update :'3
No.
Let me pretend Weavile could get into Smash one day.
Shame on you. :urg:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
And since we're talking about Pokken's roster

Why the hell is Jirachi a support

Freakin' Suicune is playable (even though I like Suicune), why can't Jirachi be playable

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And since we're talking about Pokken's roster

Why the hell is Jirachi a support

Freakin' Suicune is playable (even though I like Suicune), why can't Jirachi be playable

I'm more upset over Blaziken getting cut from the starting roster and no :4mewtwo::4greninja:and Lucha Bird.

Pokken is lucky it hasn't reach the west yet because if anyone saw that full starting roster, we would have lost our ****

But both Dissidia and Pokken have two things in common, no one will care until the console version is out and will have all those planned characters.

Originally i really didnt care for pokken. At all.

You want to know what changed my mind? (Other than gardevoir)

:4ryu:
because of this guy i did some research on street fighter and i wound up buying SFIV3DS.

Now i knowni dont inherently hate fighting games that arent smash and ill almost certainly buy SFV. I see no reason NOT to buy pokken anymore. How does sakurai do it?

Still a little salty this is essentially how i envisioned a perfect pokemon game but doesnt have a normal mode with gyms and such.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Data Mining... So, what did I miss?... Were any of my wanted newcomers confirmed yet? Was one of them Sparkster? :p

AreJay25

Data Mining... So, what did I miss?... Were any of my wanted newcomers confirmed yet? Was one of them Sparkster? :p
Literally nothing.

They probably plan a sizable update for the console release, wouldn't be the first time Namco did it.
True, but Tekken 7 started out with 20 characters. You could argue that a lot of those characters already had a base but it's 20 characters nonetheless, and it's been getting new characters every month.

Just seems like they could have added more for the initial release.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It finally happened, this is truly 20XX

Do you guys remember the whole Nintendo Playstation thing? It turns out, it was fake the entire time.
Source: (http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/nintendo-snes-playstation-finally-uncovered.57166/page-7).
Everything is in the last page of this thread. I'm quite shocked it was faked. It looked so real.
Aww, screw that. Atleast Sonic Retro has some insane stuff that they find and its legit (Sonic Adventure beta, Sonic Xtreme, Sonic 1 beta and more stuff)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do you guys remember the whole Nintendo Playstation thing? It turns out, it was fake the entire time.
Source: (http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/nintendo-snes-playstation-finally-uncovered.57166/page-7).
Everything is in the last page of this thread. I'm quite shocked it was faked. It looked so real.
I think the give-away was the fact it was marked Playstation. I think Nintendo would have had rights to the name if that's what they were calling the add-on.

AreJay25

It finally happened, this is truly 20XX

Aww, screw that. Atleast Sonic Retro has some insane stuff that they find and its legit (Sonic Adventure beta, Sonic Xtreme, Sonic 1 beta and more stuff)
So basically, what that video means is that the world will explode at EVO.

Good to know.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think the give-away was the fact it was marked Playstation. I think Nintendo would have had rights to the name if that's what they were calling the add-on.
Actually, the fact that had the brand PlayStation and Sony everywhere in the machine, was one of the reasons that Nintendo broke the deal with Sony; .. Those little details (plus the yellowness of the console) was one of the things that turned more believable for me.

EDIT: but now I want a hybrid console to run SNES/Super Famicom and PSOne games... would be like, the best system in the world (the two greatest existing libraries :p ).

Last edited:

AreJay25

The thing about that Nintendo Playstation is that even if it WERE real, what would there be to show? It's not like anything would work on it, right?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No.
Let me pretend Weavile could get into Smash one day.
Shame on you. :urg:
Being in Pokken doesn't suddenly make Weavile a likely candidate for Smash.

Just ask Impa, Sceptile, Captain Toad, and every other character people latched onto because they were in a recent game.

Another thing I realized.
Where is Mewtwo?
At this point, I'm sure Mewtwo is quite used to not making the cut in fighting games. :awesome:

Inb4 Weavile Smash DLC requests because of Pokken.
Technically it wasn't a DLC request, but.....too late, Kenith beat you. :troll:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Mewtwo would be the arcade boss with two phases and it's second one being one of it's mega evolutions.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The thing about that Nintendo Playstation is that even if it WERE real, what would there be to show? It's not like anything would work on it, right?
Super Famicom games probably would work native (if real).. PSOne games, I doubt (just one demo disc should exist, at least). I mean, it's not like the hardware was defined to be exactly like what the PSOne turned.. which means, games later developed for the actual Sony PlayStation wouldn't work.

D

Deleted member

Wait, is that the final Pokken roster? With 0 Gen 5 or Gen 6 Pokemon? What the actual ****?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Secret characters exist, you know.

I believe we'll have a few Pokemon left unrevealed in Pokken to be a surprise.

AreJay25

Super Famicom games probably would work native (if real).. PSOne games, I doubt (just one demo disc should exist, at least). I mean, it's not like the hardware was defined to be exactly like what the PSOne turned.. which means, games later developed for the actual Sony PlayStation wouldn't work.
Yeah, that's probably all there would be. I wasn't really expecting anything special from it considering that no unique games were made for it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To be honest, I was first skeptical when I saw it because the word was "PlayStation", not "Play Station". Nintendo sued Sony over that trademark, so Sony just combined the words. Even though I was confused/sceptical, I still believed it 100% until it was disconfirmed.

Imagine nintendo with all of the power of playstation .
Many new ip and backup from sony.
nintendo would have been absurdly huge wouldn't it? This is the part where people prove me wrong and it wouldnt be that
at great.

crash and spyro in smash minumum . Also PSABR wouldnt exist.

and sora too

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Reading the thread. Later on people are speculating that the tweet was a joke???

I'm not sure what to make of this anymore :(

EDIT: Yep. The tweet's apparently a joke.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads...n-finally-uncovered.57166/page-10#post-819058

So this being real or not is still up in the air!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom