• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
In a perfect world, PSABR would have a more sensible roster and great gameplay. I would really love Sony to give that game another shot, but it seems the game sold extremely poorly. :(

What the ****.

Ugh, why do people do this.
It was originally a mistranslation I think? But yeah, this whole thing is a mess now...

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Imagine nintendo with all of the power of playstation .
Many new ip and backup from sony.
nintendo would have been absurdly huge wouldn't it? This is the part where people prove me wrong and it wouldnt be that
at great.

crash and spyro in smash minumum . Also PSABR wouldnt exist.

and sora too
most important! We would have Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie released in disc, which could turn them much bigger! OH GOD... Can you even imagine the size of DK64 in disc?! --Expand Dong indeed! D=

EDIT: Yep. The tweet's apparently a joke.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads...n-finally-uncovered.57166/page-10#post-819058

So this being real or not is still up in the air!
YAAAAY! The gaming holy grail myth can't die!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
In a perfect world, PSABR would have a more sensible roster and great gameplay. I would really love Sony to give that game another shot, but it seems the game sold extremely poorly. :(

It was originally a mistranslation I think? But yeah, this whole thing is a mess now...
Hopefully someone actually sheds some light on this.

And on the topic of PSABR, the game sold 900k, not counting digital copies. Not too bad but definitely not up to snuff with Sony's standards.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Secret characters exist, you know.

I believe we'll have a few Pokemon left unrevealed in Pokken to be a surprise.
Secret as in won't be revealed until release day or Reptile level secret?

AreJay25

lol

Just did a quick search for Pokken on Google, and the image they have on the right is fan made boxart for a Wii U version.

Google pls.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
To be honest, I was first skeptical when I saw it because the word was "PlayStation", not "Play Station". Nintendo sued Sony over that trademark, so Sony just combined the words. Even though I was confused/sceptical, I still believed it 100% until it was disconfirmed.
they had the two words together by aesthetic, but "Play" and "Station" uppercase.. the same applies to later Sony consoles which has Playstation as one word. --Separated or not, they always wrote that way, the issue was just in the trademark registers.

Sounds like Marvel vs Capcom 1's secret characters

Think I'm playing, look it up
Orange Hulk is the best Hulk.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hopefully someone actually sheds some light on this.

And on the topic of PSABR, the game sold 900k, not counting digital copies. Not too bad but definitely not up to snuff with Sony's standards.
Did it really sold 900k? I recall the game launching really poorly. If the majority from it came from huge price cuts then that's not good... And given that games that bomb at launch tends to drop in price a lot...

AreJay25

Did it really sold 900k? I recall the game launching really poorly. If the majority from it came from huge price cuts then that's not good... And given that games that bomb at launch tends to drop in price a lot...
Yeah, I remember it not selling too well initially. Price cuts probably had something to do with it later on in its shelf life.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Imagine nintendo with all of the power of playstation .
Many new ip and backup from sony.
nintendo would have been absurdly huge wouldn't it? This is the part where people prove me wrong and it wouldnt be that
at great.

crash and spyro in smash minumum . Also PSABR wouldnt exist.

and sora too
Spyro and Crash may not have even been invented.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios, mentioned that PSASBR did "quite well" in the long run. He even said to "never say never" in regards to a sequel.

So there's that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PSASBR was good, it was just that the roster was poorly chosen, the stages were awful and the gameplay was slow and one dimensional

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
they had the two words together by aesthetic, but "Play" and "Station" uppercase.. the same applies to later Sony consoles which has Playstation as one word. --Separated or not, they always wrote that way, the issue was just in the trademark registers.

Orange Hulk is the best Hulk.
Nah, Red Venom is the ****.

But Roll is still the best secret character

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That you need a special to KO someone in PSABR is what completely kills it for me personally.

I wonder when we'll get the next character announcement for Smash.

D

Deleted member

No, the full roster will be revealed when the game releases on arcades on July 16th.
Oh hey, that's my birthday. C'mon Namco, do this for me
*Points at username*

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
PSASBR was good, it was just that the roster was poorly chosen, the stages were awful and the gameplay was slow and one dimensional
In other words; good in theory, but poorly executed.

And just because of that, Sony probably won't try to save the series with a second title. They're too sacred of losing money again! :grin:

Last edited:

AreJay25

I'm one of the few people who thought PS All Stars had an okay roster.

It had Sir Dan, Spike and Parappa, that was cool enough for me.

Heihachi was cool too, but the other four third parties were rather unnecessary. Except maybe Raiden. He ended up being cool.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Nah, Red Venom is the ****.

But Roll is still the best secret character
You spelled Shadow Lady wrong;

Inb4 Weavile Smash DLC requests because of Pokken.

Spyro and Crash may not have even been invented.
probably would be the case; Crash and Spyro were created with the purpose of competing with Mario; but Naughty Dog would be still with Sony/Nintendo, I guess. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
PSASBR had Colonel Radec and that kept me in it for a year and a half.

Saw the game through to it's last patch before leaving it.

D

Deleted member

If you're trying to make a clone, make a good one, look at that game 'Rivals of Aether', it's basically Smash with someone's OCs, if Sony wanted, they could have done a full Smash clone and it would have been much better.
I think they used pretty much all of the first parties they still had the rights to(*cough* Crash and Spyro*cough*), but the third ones are just bad:
Raiden, Big Dad, Isaac Clarke, etc. I can't even remember the rest of the roster

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What about an Xbox Smash Bros?

I'll be down for that

Last edited:

AreJay25

Just need to say this about Pokken.

I'm tired of Zangoose getting the short end of the stick.

Seriously, it's one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon and it actually has a rivalry with another. And Nintendo forgets it exists.

They could have given it and Seviper Mega Evolutions and they didn't.

And it would have been perfect in Pokken but it's apparently not in.

I'm tired of this INJUSTICE. #FreeZangoose

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If you're trying to make a clone, make a good one, look at that game 'Rivals of Aether', it's basically Smash with someone's OCs, if Sony wanted, they could have done a full Smash clone and it would have been much better.
I think they used pretty much all of the first parties they still had the rights to(*cough* Crash and Spyro*cough*), but the third ones are just bad:
Raiden, Big Dad, Isaac Clarke, etc. I can't even remember the rest of the roster
It's not only that... PSASBR doesn't have personality.. it's literally a poor designed Smash ripoff with Sony characters instead of Nintendo's.. The genre of "brawler" (which I guess we can sub-categorize Smash) is very flexible.. and yet they put little effort to delivery a very unique game. C'mon, I liked Battle Stadium D.O.N. by what it is, even being very alike Smash Bros.

kylexv

Smash Master

Seriously, it's one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon and it actually has a rivalry with another. And Nintendo forgets it exists.

They could have given it and Sceptile Mega Evolutions and they didn't.

Sceptile has a mega evolution.

Chrono.

They could have given it and Seviper Mega Evolutions and they didn't.

This guy knows what's up.

I was hoping I'd see Zangoose here, since he's already not viable for actual Pokemon games lol

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Anything....eh?

New type for Olimar. It's listed under Olimar's project details.

By the way, we are going to release most of the slides soon! @ DMurr DMurr is working on transcribing them- - so maybe sometime this weekend!
A little delayed, but these are finished! I will be posting them up sometime today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom