• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
i really liked the breakfast club until the ending. it came across as a message about conforming to gender roles or something and it was dumb
I don't...

I don't see how you got that at all.

It's suppose to be a ''You're going to look at us whatever way you want to look at us, but we know the truth and we'll be who we really are." message.

It's about being yourself.

Nothing at all to do with gender at all.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I don't...

I don't see how you got that at all.

It's suppose to be a ''You're going to look at us whatever way you want to look at us, but we know the truth and we'll be who we really are." message.

It's about being yourself.

Nothing at all to do with gender at all.
with regards to allison's character doing a complete 180?
uh,
yeah.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
uh,
yeah.
Much as I love The Breakfast Club, this is something that bothers me as well. :/ I really like her character in the first 9/10 of the movie and the whole "Girl/woman is given a new 'traditionally attractive' look as a means of character development" trope is so tired and annoying.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
uh,
yeah.
She doesn't though.

She stays the same. There's no change in her character, other than the fact that she gains confidence in herself.

She allows herself to be dolled up, because she wants to be.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also worth noting about Allison is that just because she gets the dolled up makeover, doesn't mean she's being forced to change to get a boy or anything. It's not a horrible offender. Now Grease. That's the worse.

It's pretty clear that the make up is just opening herself up to confidence a bit, and it'll probably go away like most of what happened in detention will once school starts over again. Which is why she rips the patch off Andy's jacket.

It's a memo to him/her that all this happened and it's portrayed in a typical Allison ''kooky" way. The girl stays the same. She doesn't become a victim like Sandy does at the end of Grease.

You had Pizza without me? Good. Hate the stuff

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who hates Pizza though?

Like Pizza can be anything...

It's just dough...and then you put **** on it.

HOW DO YOU HATE PIZZA?

WHAT ARE YOU?!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who said I was criticizing him?

I don't criticize. I openly tell you you're stupid.

Notice? I haven't called him stupid yet. :smirk:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm a woman
Then her.

Sorry, my lady friend. I just assume everyone on the internet is a male until proven otherwise.

Because girls obviously realize that the internet is filled with us icky ass men folk and they should stay away. :lick:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Then her.

Sorry, my lady friend. I just assume everyone on the internet is a male until proven otherwise.

Because girls obviously realize that the internet is filled with us icky *** men folk and they should stay away. :lick:
Men on the internet are men, women on the internet are men and little children on the internet are FBI agents

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And just in case our new lady friend assumes I'm making fun of her for not liking pizza.

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Roger. (Well, not really really Roger, but you get the point.)

I'm never seriously attacking anyone or judging them for what they like or don't. Just playing with you. :)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And just in case our new lady friend assumes I'm making fun of her for liking pizza.

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Roger. (Well, not really really Roger, but you get the point.)

I'm never seriously attacking anyone or judging them for what they like or don't. Just playing with you. :)
Eh, I could tell you were joking anyway.
Besides, it's Ricky Spanish that I hate

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Eh, I could tell you were joking anyway.
Besides, it's Ricky Spanish that I hate
Oh?!

-stashes vest and pony tail wig away-

Good thing I don't really use that persona anymore.

Ooh boy, let me tell you the beat downs. They were not pretty. Nor dignifed. Hayley took a poop on my poop deck.

And I am not talk about my boat. No mam, I am not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom