• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Even Brawl? :glare:
I'll give Brawl one thing, it had some neat single player modes that 4 is lacking in, especially the Wii U version. Event Mode is not enough and Smash Tour is simply not that good overall(it's decent). The 3DS' list of modes isn't much better. Smash Run is great, but that's kind of... it. Special Orders is a nice experience, though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'll give Brawl one thing, it had some neat single player modes that 4 is lacking in, especially the Wii U version. Event Mode is not enough and Smash Tour is simply not that good overall(it's decent). The 3DS' list of modes isn't much better. Smash Run is great, but that's kind of... it. Special Orders is a nice experience, though.
Event Mode in Smash 4 is better than Brawl's. And I still prefer 4's All-Star mode over Brawl's

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Mango vs. Hungrybox.

More Battle of the Gods.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Event Mode in Smash 4 is better than Brawl's. And I still prefer 4's All-Star mode over Brawl's
The only All-Star I found good was Melee's. The rest are too unfair and has too many enemies per battle. 4's was barely an improvement over Brawl's at all.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The only All-Star I found good was Melee's. The rest are too unfair and has too many enemies per battle. 4's was barely an improvement over Brawl's at all.
I didn't mind the challenge to those Events. I just hate how hamfisted the Showdown was

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Mango got a Box in the mail, opened it, and said "Ooh! A win!"

HungryBox ;_;

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I didn't mind the challenge to those Events. I just hate how hamfisted the Showdown was
Er, I was talking about All-Star Mode?

Event Match has been interesting in each installment. They all added something new overall. I like them all overall, it's just that 4 has severely cheap A.I. The previous 3 games were not that bad, and even the 3DS' A.I. is less of a problem.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
the dream is dead

my salt can't be comprehended

leffen's actually going to take the tournament

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Brawl's all star mode was hard. How am I supposed to win with **** stages like mushroomy kingdom, rumble falls, and new pork city?
I came very close to beating it with no deaths on intense, then I fought Wario and died. I got my brother to help me later and we lost on olimar. I was so pissed.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
You ever wonder what Mario would look like in the Unreal 4 engine?

Umm... I don't really get it.

It is supposed to be Mario in Unreal Engine right?

But the art style used isn't Mario's one.

And you can do realistic and cartoonish art styles in multiple game engines. So sorry to be that guy, but this isn't really all that impressive in terms of putting Mario in Unreal Engine 4.

Now making a 3D Mario and the assets to all work in Unreal Engine 4, that is impressive.
The whole point of the video is NOT the environment/realism. Those environments are from a kit he had.

It is actually about how he managed to replicate Mario 64's movement with absolutely no coding skills with something called "BluePrints" for Unreal 4.

http://i.imgur.com/zNu21G4.jpg

More info in this pic. Hope that clear things up!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna ask again because I don't think anyone saw the edit.
When does Smash 4 start?

D

Deleted member

I try to watch Melee but everything is so fast all I can see is two antropormophic foxes shouting as they are on fire

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I try to watch Melee but everything is so fast all I can see is two antropormophic foxes shouting as they are on fire
Melee bores me to tears in general. It's a combination of just a bunch of blurry speed and the fact that it's an ages old game at this point. Also Fox, Falco, Sheik are the only thing I ever see used commonly.

It's seriously time to let the game go, but it'll never be let go.

10 generations from now they'll probably still be ''It's no Melee!' syndrome in the fanbase.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Melee is still my favorite Smash Bros, for reasons that people never typically bring up. So with that said, I do actually kind of agree about the whole Fox thing. I'm sick of Fox. It's why I always root for Jigglypuff (aside from the fact it's my main).

But anyways we probably shouldn't start (potentially) snowballing this into another Melee VS ____ debate. Not saying it's what we are doing right now, but it somehow usually devolves into it sadly.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Melee is still my favorite Smash Bros, for reasons that people never typically bring up. So with that said, I do actually kind of agree about the whole Fox thing. I'm sick of Fox. It's why I always root for Jigglypuff (aside from the fact it's my main).

But anyways we probably shouldn't start (potentially) snowballing this into another Melee VS ____ debate. Not saying it's what we are doing right now, but it somehow usually devolves into it sadly.
Smash 4 > Melee > 64 > Brawl.

Just personal preference.... people are free to like what they want and shouldn't be ashamed to say so.

Each game has certain aspects that I enjoy more in that particular game than in other in the series, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom