• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Smash 4 > Melee > 64 > Brawl.

Just personal preference.... people are free to like what they want and shouldn't be ashamed to say so.

Each game has certain aspects that I enjoy more in that particular game than in other in the series, though.
No no, I wasn't saying people shouldn't state what they like more. I was more or less being very cautious about those kind of debates since they do generally kinda... get heated. Of course I could be overacting though, but given my experience... yeah.

I totally agree with your statement though.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Twitch stream isn't working for me. Well that sucks.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
20XX is too much for streaming. The end is nigh.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
We all know it was the PMDT who destroyed the stream out of anger of getting dropped :troll:.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Man, not even a game 5.

That was a really disappointing GF.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm watching UMvC3 Top 8

Now I remember why I hate watching this game:

CHRIS G'S AWFUL BULL**** PLAYSTYLE

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Let's keep count of how many characters we see played in Smash 4 top 8.

Ness, Rosalina, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, and Luigi so far!

EDIT: Halberd... fun!

Also, have we seen an Animal Crossing stage yet? I don't think so! That makes me super happy.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You probably don't want to be killing yourself against Dabuz's Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

Let's keep count of how many characters we see played in Smash 4 top 8.

Ness, Rosalina, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, and Luigi so far!

EDIT: Halberd... fun!

Also, have we seen an Animal Crossing stage yet? I don't think so! That makes me super happy.
Still more than Melee :awesome:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Is it me, or is their barely any Mewtwo players in Smash 4? I think it would cool to see a lot more of him since he was significantly buffed from Melee and is unique character to watch.
EDIT: Steam died. PMDT strikes again.
EDIT2: False alarm, it was only for a couple of seconds. My bad.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Is it me, or is their barely any Mewtwo players in Smash 4? I think it would cool to see a lot more of him since he was significantly buffed from Melee and is unique character to watch.
He's still not very good, though. You don't see many mid-tiers being played often. I think we'll eventually see all three of the other DLC characters be used in tournament play.... especially Roy.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They actually gave Mewtwo a little buff in the latest patch. Unfortunately it didn't fix his main issues...

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Dark Pit, man. I actually got excited watching Dark Pit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That Dark Pit play was spot on.

Watch Out!:4darkpit:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
He's still not very good, though. You don't see many mid-tiers being played often. I think we'll eventually see all three of the other DLC characters be used in tournament play.... especially Roy.
Honestly out of all the DLC characters, it seems Roy is best in the short term and Ryu maybe the long term. Since these characters were just added, they are largely unexplored and we don't where they'll go in turn of status. I fondly believe though once someone figures out Ryu and his combo game, it doesn't matter who that person is facing. I fondly believe he/she will wreck. Ryu seems to be that good (in theory!)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Honestly out of all the DLC characters, it seems Roy is best in the short term and Ryu maybe the long term. Since these characters were just added, they are largely unexplored and we don't where they'll go in turn of status. I fondly believe though once someone figures out Ryu and his combo game, it doesn't matter who that person is facing. I fondly believe he/she will wreck. Ryu seems to be that good (in theory!)
I'm going to go ahead an say Roy > Ryu in the long run. Ryu's air game is super wonky.

Great variety in stages and characters in Smash 4 today.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm going to go ahead an say Ryu > Roy in the long run. Roy's air game is super wonky.
Fixed. :troll:

In all seriousness, we'll have to see where the meta goes in the next couple of years. This game is only really less than a year old and it probably has more to be discovered. Not to mention the many balance patches that are to come. In my opinion, I do believe Ryu will at least be a top tier character as the meta advances. I do understand your point of view however, as Roy does seem to be a viable character (and also top tier.) At the end of the day, its our opinions and we'll just have to see where it goes in the future. Things do change after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom