• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The night Pac-Man got revealed, I remember just constantly refreshing a bunch of news sites to see if we got any info. I sat there for about a good 20 minutes after the Invitational.

Then I do one final refresh and see "Pac-Man joins the battle!" I thought it was a joke... until I went on Nintendo's Twitter and saw their latest tweet. I was literally sitting there just quietly screaming in excitement, impatiently waiting for his reveal trailer. I didn't know they picked the classic design beforehand, so watching the trailer for the first time absolutely made my night.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
MacD pulled a Saturn and a Bomb after each other lol this Peach Ditto

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Everyone take a moment to remember:
The live reaction.
You can just hear it. The moment they see those boot and that goofy little wink of his. They cheer. Speaking of Pac-man.
After debating about since release I finally opened my second pac-man Amiibo. So I have one out the box now.

It's a no-brainer what his name shall be. Nostalgiac.
Nah. Gonna go with ArJ25
Because why not :4pacman:

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
EE's commentary may just be the best thing of all time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
While Pac-Man didn't get the reveal I wanted him to have (behind closed doors? Really?), I will never forget the excitement of that very night. I supported Pac-Man when everyone was against him, so seeing him revealed gave me a big goofy smile like the Pacster himself. Hard to believe it's been over a year.

Chrono.

I remember when people took that outro as proof G&W was deconfirmed when he didnt appear on the site.

good times.
If anything I thought that was a confirmation (but yeah it was pretty weird that they just didn't reveal him lol)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I want Abate to win but he's fighting Mango

RIP Luigi

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I am very confused right now.:drwtf:
Someone in the character discussion thread (best not to reveal the users name) compared Pac-man to Hitler at one point in a discussion. Here's the post:
Data doesn't necessarily exist yet because Nintendo have only given sales figures up to Wave 3, but ask most hardcore Amiibo followers, they'll tell you the same thing. If they were European, he wasn't available to begin with in a lot of countries, if they are from the US, he's is so unpopular he fills shelves, like the Peach figure. Partly due to the fact pre-order stock was put on shelves, because the pre-orders simply didn't happen.

Pac-Man is recognisable, not popular, there is a difference. Hitler is recognisable, doesn't mean he was a very popular figurehead.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Someone in the character discussion thread (best not to reveal the users name) compared Pac-man to Hitler at one point in a discussion. Here's the post:
Ah I see.
And I say this as I just fought a Pac-man with the name Tag: OBAMA.

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 's signature = Captain Falcon immediately after RED's video.
So Samus is just incredibly relaxed and went and got tea.
Or is extremely annoyed and is on the verge of kicking his Ass.
EDIT: I was literally :4greninja:'d by an edit.....
I don't how I feel about this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I should be surprised, but I've seen worse thought process than this during Smash speculation

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wow
Just...okay.
Of all the things to compare Pac-Man too...could have picked a celebrity or TV show character or something.
But even then, there's a difference between just being "known" and being "known for doing horrible things". Seriously.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
This.

If Nintendo wants to win the average consumer back.

They need powerful hardware.

Because even if it isn't used.

That's what they care about.
Honestly....that's kinda sad.
It's sad when people dont realize that high specs only makes it technically easier to make bigger/prettier games. Whether or not the game is bigger, prettier, or actually fun or good is a completely different thing: Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Fast racing Neo, Shantae series, Shovel Knight....

Too many gamers of today seem more interested in the wrapper the games comes in...
Fortunately there are still plenty of good games being made :)

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The cool thing about Anna is that there is many Annas. She can be everyone's waifu. :awesome:
Too bad you'll never get THE Anna to be one of your waifus. :troll:

The Anna being the original from the first game, who's partner is a recruitable unit, named Jake.

Man I love dropping Facts of older Fire Emblem games on Awakening newcomers.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm just waiting for the inevitable "Leffen gets rekt" match.

Plup please

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pizza Hut better bring me my pizza soon or me and this delivery man or woman are going to be settling it in Smash. :hulk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom