• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only article I think I could ever write would be on repping or clones and that would probably wind up being a biased and angry mess. Im also a horrible writer:upsidedown:

Speaking of Bias I honestly dont care about how many 3rd parties we have. If the character is cool and at least some kind of renowned and fun(for instance tails, who is currently being argued about, is) then im good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This does not bode well with the NX in mid-development does it?

Hopefully whoever replaces him gets things together.
I'm more of a fan of Miyamoto the software dev than Miyamto the hardware guy, so I think this is a good thing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, since he said he hates powerful hardware, hopefully who ever takes his place considers making a more powerful console.
This.

If Nintendo wants to win the average consumer back.

They need powerful hardware.

Because even if it isn't used.

That's what they care about.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
the one thing that I;m afraid if they do so is retrocompatibility.

Can they even emulate a gc with modern stuff?

even a wii?

or heck a wiiu?
I've heard somewhere that Nintendo is looking for an echosystem of devices that have a very similar architecture with the Wii U. So the NX could possibly be backwards compatible with the Wii U.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've heard somewhere that Nintendo is looking for an echosystem of devices that have a very similar architecture with the Wii U. So the NX could possibly be backwards compatible with the Wii U.
oh....so it would actually means compatible with literally everything since the GC?

Well....technically the GC....if they can freaking enable it.....

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
the one thing that I;m afraid if they do so is retrocompatibility.

Can they even emulate a gc with modern stuff?

even a wii?

or heck a wiiu?
I think they've said in the past that thr next console would "adequately absorb the wii u's hardware", so maybe that means it will have BC.

I hope they don't sacrifice better and affordable hardware for backwards compatibility if they need to,the ps3 tried to do powerful with BC and it was 600 bucks.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
oh....so it would actually means compatible with literally everything since the GC?

Well....technically the GC....if they can freaking enable it.....
If the NX could play GC, Wii and Wii U natively without hacking. As well as the rumored Android emulation...

Best. Console. Ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd pick up a second Wii U for game mods out of fear of my system bricking if the hacking scene really starts picking up.

As far as Smash goes, all I would want is the option to import my own music and for the vets that didn't make it back to come back, as well as some classic (and new) stages. Maybe some of the "new" characters that are added to Project M as well. I really don't think Smash 4 needs any "fixing" though, and I don't have any real interest in any mods that change up the gameplay (which is something I was very interested in for Brawl.)

I'm glad that modding isn't happening prior to the DLC roll out because I would hate for DLC to be negatively effected by the modding community. One Sakurai added character is worth more than anything fan made, sorry.
This.

Although I will say that awhile after DLC is done for this game I would like to see the game hacked to where all DLC is made available without having to purchase it. DLC isn't going to be up forever, especially not as Nintendo transition to the NX and I don't want to see these contents gone forever once we can no longer buy DLC.
Does anyone have any interest in writing for Source Gaming? I was speaking to @PushDustIn earlier, and we agreed that we need to beef up our writing staff. At the same time we are adamant in implementing more editorial control and mandates over articles. We feel that this is necessary in order to maintain a certain level of overall quality as the site grows. Due to this new mindset articles will be looked at and perhaps assigned on a case by case basis.

I don't mean to discourage any potential writers with that last piece of news. It's more of a case of outlining the purpose of an article and figuring out how it fits into the greater purpose of Source Gaming before it is written.

Please contact me if you're at all interested.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I am very interested in writing for Source Gaming as I do enjoy the site and learning about Smash's development history is something that I enjoy learning about.
On an unrelated note,:

I've just learned that the Wii and Wii U in Japan has the Virtual Console, and as far as the Wii goes, Metal Gear 1 and 2 are on it. No idea about the Wii U counterpart though, but it apparently has 16 MSX games.
It's not on it yet. Maybe it will get released right before The Phantom Pain?
https://fortune.com/2015/06/23/shigeru-miyamoto-wii-u/

Gamnesia always takes snippet out of the whole article. Next time when people visit Gamnesia they should look at the source and post that instead.
Thank goodness. The new design is awful and should be cast into the fiery pits of hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If the NX could play GC, Wii and Wii U natively without hacking. As well as the rumored Android emulation...

Best. Console. Ever.
....that;s mroe actually. If Wii and WiiU works, it means VC works.

Which means nes, snes, n64 and other stuff!

Which.....unless you really are specific with your needs like a speedrunner, it would make other consoles pointless!

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Playing Master Orders

IDK how many randomly unlocked songs there are. I really want Butter Building and I absolutely hate MO, but it's the best long-term way to get items.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Does anyone have any interest in writing for Source Gaming? I was speaking to @PushDustIn earlier, and we agreed that we need to beef up our writing staff. At the same time we are adamant in implementing more editorial control and mandates over articles. We feel that this is necessary in order to maintain a certain level of overall quality as the site grows. Due to this new mindset articles will be looked at and perhaps assigned on a case by case basis.

I don't mean to discourage any potential writers with that last piece of news. It's more of a case of outlining the purpose of an article and figuring out how it fits into the greater purpose of Source Gaming before it is written.

Please contact me if you're at all interested.
Um... maybe. It really depends on my schedule as I have a lot going on during my High School Junior Year (Quiz Bowl. NHS and SAT's). If Source Gaming isn't schedule heavy, I'll probably consider it as it could potentially help me become a better writer since I'm not good in that field (I'll try my best though!). Smash Bros. history in general also interests me as most of the games' developmental stories are vastly different from other fighting games. My only question regarding this is if there are any requirements in joining Source Gaming? (Besides being a decent writer of course :p).

Sorry, my post glitched again. This is getting annoying...
Also, sorry about this meaningless post above me ^o^. For some reason, if I post from the Wii U or 3DS with the text box above and a full length of text it will just post the text box XD. It gets very annoying when it happens and makes me seem like a weirdo. It happened last time when I was trying to respond to @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I was over the moon when this goofy fool got chosen.
I remember the moment so well.
4am in the morning disappointed as heck as I thought we would get something after the invitational.
Then a single tweet had me losing my mind.
Pac-Man in Smash.
With this single image attached.

I was literally speechless and completely lost.
Happiness and concern was amongst me. I wanted his old design so bad.
Then I fell asleep. And woke up to that beautiful trailer.
That Smug-ass smile.:4pacman: And now I have him. Right beside me in his Classic Amiibo form.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I wish Bowser had a good neutral game in Melee and that his moves weren't so horribly laggy. :(

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I was watching a live chat during the Roundtable reveal of Pac-Man.
My reaction was basically this:

"Pac-Man is confirmed for Smash Bros."

"...using his classic design"
Sakurai knows what's up. I think he knew the fans would be much more excited by classic Pac-Man.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well seeing as we are recounting our tells of when we found about Pac-man.

My whole reaction was pretty much , cool, moving on. But I did feel the hype from the video they recorded of the roundtable where Pacman was revealed.

I always had the stance: Yeah Pacman will be a cool edition, but don't get your hopes up, because Sakurau said: just cause Namco is working on the game doesn't mean Pacman is confirmed.

Although whenever I watch the Pacman reveal trailer, I still hear screams excitement when the circle opens up and is revealed to be Pacman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom