• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Maybe someone can start hacking models.
Or better yet try and revive them. :icsmelee:
Please note I am still lost without them and will straw grasp at any opportunity.
i'm 100% positive the moment they figure out how to add characters to smash 4 the ice clmibers will be back.Just gotta wait a bit longer.(but i wish it was now)

Peoplple had trouble with Metroid Prime? Good thing im doing a let's play :troll:
which I need to record for. . .

I love the game but some decisions are weird. YOu spend about 5 minutes in magmoor before leaving after being there the FIRST time. You had back to your ship after just entering phendrana to get double jump to go BACK to phendrana. . .etc. But it is ok because i love the game and phedrana is my favorite area in gaming.

although echoes takes the cake with bad decisions. . .

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Peoplple had trouble with Metroid Prime? Good thing im doing a let's play :troll:
which I need to record for. . .

I love the game but some decisions are weird. YOu spend about 5 minutes in magmoor before leaving after being there the FIRST time. You had back to your ship after just entering phendrana to get double jump to go BACK to phendrana. . .etc. But it is ok because i love the game and phedrana is my favorite area in gaming.

although echoes takes the cake with bad decisions. . .
"the required items are scattered around the maps, the hint system won't work and the only hint is that the artifact is in a corridor"

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Kewn

Currently updating now.
This joke would work a lot better if Roy Koopa was still considered one of Bowser's children in Mario canon.

Or you could go with my head canon which is that the Koopalings aren't technically Bowser's kids, but he adopted them. So although their not blood related, meaning they are Bowser's children, but also aren't at the same time.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I know @ Khoru Khoru was talking about this yesterday so I figured why not do it.

Nintendo x Capcom. It was hard as hell narrowing this down.

I like the way it came out though. I tried my best to pair characters up but it got tricky in places.

For example:
Jin vs. Shulk because Shulk fights Mechon and Jin fights in Mechs.
Regina vs. Yoshi because she fights Dinosaurs.
Wolf vs. Jon because Wolves.
Morrigan vs. Pit because Angel vs. Demon.
Fox vs. Felyne because cat vs. dog.
etc
Do you create all your own icons?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
K, just played a bit of metroid prime. While the accuracy is pretty decent with thr wiimote, I am not fond of it. Wish I could use the gamepad.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Alex Kidd is like the token obscure character in the SEGA cross over racing (and tennis) games. No way he'll ever be in Smash (he's still ahead of Bayonetta though).
This is false Alex Kidd is not just like a "meh" SEGA character
This is copy and paste from my Alex Kidd thread
Alex kidd was SEGA mascot before Sonic, and he is SEGA master system mascot wich is a console mascot just like Crash bandicoot, he is living in Sonic's shadow, he was here before sonic exist in 1986 in the old generation of gaming, he had more than 8 games and he appeared in more than 15 games, he is better than having a 2nd Sonic character or any other SEGA chraracters, and he is the 2nd most important character in SEGA history, he was also Mario rival before Sonic, not only this but he is Sonic rival too.
And all of his games were released in the wii eshop

Sadly Alex kidd franchise is dead because of Sonic but he can live in crossover games so SEGA wants people to remember him and they dont want to make Alex kidd forgotten because he was a very important part of SEGA history, and they made him appear in alot of cameos so we shouldnt forget about him, he is still lucky that he is popular.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Alex Kidd was a mascot back then, but SEGA shelved it and then Sonic was born.

You can't even say he's at least a 2nd mascot because NiGHTS and AiAi exist, SEGA gives much more exposure to those 2.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Do you create all your own icons?
Yes. I've done well over 1000 different characters by now I would guess. I wanted to do a simplistic art style where I can see all my favorite characters together in one style that fitted every one I wanted to do (because something like South Park has a very diferrent style to something like Wreck it Ralph), characters range from gaming, tv show, movie, books etc. All in scale (well Olimar is in Smash scale lol).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Smash 4 character hacking is among us.

Still less range than melee :troll:
I'd pick up a second Wii U for game mods out of fear of my system bricking if the hacking scene really starts picking up.

As far as Smash goes, all I would want is the option to import my own music and for the vets that didn't make it back to come back, as well as some classic (and new) stages. Maybe some of the "new" characters that are added to Project M as well. I really don't think Smash 4 needs any "fixing" though, and I don't have any real interest in any mods that change up the gameplay (which is something I was very interested in for Brawl.)

I'm glad that modding isn't happening prior to the DLC roll out because I would hate for DLC to be negatively effected by the modding community. One Sakurai added character is worth more than anything fan made, sorry.

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Prime 2 is defiantly the weakest of the trilogy.

BTW It only took me almost a year to get 200 posts. Yay me.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Alex Kidd never found any real success as a mascot, which is why Sonic was born.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nights is more of a sega mascot than alex.Atleast she still gets game and most people can atleast recongize her

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Alex Kidd never found any real success as a mascot, which is why Sonic was born.
I like Alex Kidd, which is why I wanted to be added to his support list, but he is more of a foot note in Sega History than anything else. He isn't even popular enough to be a main character in Sega's own cross over games.

This guy was also a bit of a Sega mascot:

and I don't see too many people asking for Opa-Opa support.

Golden Axe, Virtua Fighter, Panzer Dragoon, Space Channel 5, Super Monkey Ball, Shinobi, Nights, Phantasy Star and many more are AT LEAST on the same level as Alex Kidd.

What Alex Kidd has on his side is history with Sega, but that's not all that important in a game that's about Nintendo, not Sega, history.

On a side note, are we not able to use the search function in the old leak group? I can't seem to be able to use it to find an old post of mine.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's true but he wasn't really bad his franchise was good if we are living in the 80s you can call Alex Kidd the mr. Game and watch of SEGA
Which is why he's a great addition to a Sega cross over. Sega's history has nout to do with Smash though. Just like you wouldn't expect Mr G&W to be in a Sega racing game.

The only other SEGA characters that are truly Smash worthy are Tails, Eggman and arguably Knuckles.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Which is why he's a great addition to a Sega cross over. Sega's history has nout to do with Smash though. Just like you wouldn't expect Mr G&W to be in a Sega racing game.

The only other SEGA characters that are truly Smash worthy are Tails, Eggman and arguably Knuckles.
If SEGA vs. Nintendo was ever a thing, than I would be banging the table for Alex Kidd to join. Smash isn't about that, though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I like Alex Kidd, which is why I wanted to be added to his support list, but he is more of a foot note in Sega History than anything else. He isn't even popular enough to be a main character in Sega's own cross over games.

This guy was also a bit of a Sega mascot:

and I don't see too many people asking for Opa-Opa support.

Golden Axe, Virtua Fighter, Panzer Dragoon, Space Channel 5, Super Monkey Ball, Shinobi, Nights, Phantasy Star and many more are AT LEAST on the same level as Alex Kidd.

What Alex Kidd has on his side is history with Sega, but that's not all that important in a game that's about Nintendo, not Sega, history.

On a side note, are we not able to use the search function in the old leak group? I can't seem to be able to use it to find an old post of mine.
;)

I should probably create a deviantart page and put all these on.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

A 2nd Sonic character over another SEGA mascot hmmmm... This is not a good idea it's like picking zero instead of ryu for a 2nd capcom rep

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
;)

I should probably create a deviantart page and put all these on.
I'm going to contract you out whenever you have some free time to draw up icons for the Konami cross over roster I proposed a while back, lol.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i've always thought prime 3's the weakest
maybe because it enforces the hint system, it's a chore to go through various areas for cleanup at the end of the game, and its music is blander than the other games
prime 2 is a bit of a pain for cleanup too, granted, but at least you don't have to go to different planets
it had forgettable music in agon and dark aether, but prime 3 has it in olympus, norion, bryyo fire, thorn jungle, skytown east, all of urtraghus, and phaaze

oh yeah also there's this inexplicable difficulty spike in phaaze. the only arguably hard parts before that are mogenar and gandrayda

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i've always thought prime 3's the weakest
maybe because it enforces the hint system, it's a chore to go through various areas for cleanup at the end of the game, and its music is blander than the other games
prime 2 is a bit of a pain for cleanup too, granted, but at least you don't have to go to different planets
it had forgettable music in agon and dark aether, but prime 3 has it in olympus, norion, bryyo fire, thorn jungle, skytown east, all of urtraghus, and phaaze

oh yeah also there's this inexplicable difficulty spike in phaaze. the only arguably hard parts before that are mogenar and gandrayda
The only problem I had with is that ****ing bug you need to blow up. Gandrayda was annoying, though that's because my wiimote batteries weren't fully charged and I'm an impatient ****. Mogenar has way too much health

Khoru

Smash Champion
The only problem I had with is that ****ing bug you need to blow up. Gandrayda was annoying, though that's because my wiimote batteries weren't fully charged and I'm an impatient ****. Mogenar has way too much health
yeah the leviathan infant is ridiculous. i have no idea why it's there

i'm not looking forward to dark samus on hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom