• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, him and Cornell, the werewolf got a pretty neat wolf-knight design from the transition.

Agreed, it would really be helpful to know what games are/were doing well and see how they stand.
I didn't hate Trevor's Judgement redesign, either.

If nothing else, Judgement gave us a lot of good Castlevania remixes that work great for fighting games. Imported all of these into Brawl, lol.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Super late to the party (because i usually only come here on weekdays), but here goes:

Newcomers I can't play:
:4bowserjr::4greninja::rosalina::4ryu:
Veterans I can't play:
:4jigglypuff::4peach::4sheik::4zelda::4zss:

I can't play like any of the females in this series...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My favorite Judgment design is Carmilla. :awesome:
The actual character thread is talking about Ridley.
I was going to make a joke about that and them I remembered that we just spent 3 pages discussing Geno.
We didn't really discuss Geno for three pages, we responded to posts about Geno for three pages. :facepalm:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Judgement Carmilla makes Bayonetta look like a nun.

Speaking of, Judgement Shanoa.

Man, this game really was the beginning of the end for IGA at Konami.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Also, E3 is over...why hasn't the title changed?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I didn't hate Trevor's Judgement redesign, either.

If nothing else, Judgement gave us a lot of good Castlevania remixes that work great for fighting games. Imported all of these into Brawl, lol.

Dat Vampire Killer remix

That is sex to my ears. Pure orgasmic

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wasn't Judgement just a silly side-game though?
It was a fighting game on Wii. Everything about that game was so poorly thought out, from the mechanics, to the platform, to the art design. It was somewhere between a traditional 3D fighter and power stone, and it used motion controls.

It was a hot mess. I'm not sure what Konami (and IGA in particular) were thinking with that one. It was the second to last Castlevania in the "traditional" time line and style before the Lords of Shadow reboot, though. The last one was an okay online game on Xbox.

The music was great largely because Castlevania has great music.

Castlevania and Final Fantasy are two series I would love to see get into Smash if for nothing else than for their music.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was the second to last Castlevania in the "traditional" time line and style before the Lords of Shadow reboot, though. The last one was an okay online game on Xbox.
Actually, it was third to last. The Adventure Rebirth for WiiWare came in between Judgment and Harmony of Despair.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wasn't disappointed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well that's because you think everything is going to explode. :troll:

Also, new title because I'm an indecisive ****.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nintendo's E3 was lackluster but I'm not disappointed about it.

Most people hate the new Metroid, but I enjoy the concept.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well that's because you think everything is going to explode. :troll:

Also, new title because I'm an indecisive ****.
That and I felt that nothing, not even the particularly bad stuff, was quite on the same level of disappointment as Sea of Thieves.

I'd take Chibi Metroid Soccer over "OKAY WE'RE FINALLY GONNA MAKE A NEW BANJ-NEVER MIND JUST KIDDING, HERE'S A RANDOM PIRATE GAME!" any day.

Nintendo's biggest issues, in my opinion, was poor time management and a lack of information in important areas.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Swamp, why not just settle it in Smash.

Name all the CPUs after your top choices, which ever CPU wins?

That game is your winner.

Last edited:

Soul.

E3 2016 will be better for Nintendo. NX guys.
inb4 Wii U worries. No guys, there's no need to worry about Wii U

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think I was the only person happy with the Sea Of Thieves announcement. I've moved way past 3d platformers. Actually I never liked them to begin with. And I'm sick of old franchises being repeated over and over again. Also, most of the people at Rare didn't work on the originals, so I know that if they made another Banjo, there's a 99% chance fans would constantly ***** about it. So the fact that they're making a new game that isn't a Kinect game makes me happy. Also I love pirates and ship games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I actually got a message on skype like some hours before, but I was so stupid to not have paid attention, here's an hour of paper Jam:

Now, if you excuse me, I have that video to watch :)
quoting this because we finally solved a mystery, the button on the bottom screen is a guide button, you get tutorials in battles.

As for quest 2, no one ever cleared quest 2 on camera :( I want to see the last bit of it :(

EDIT: btw, I heard the volcaloid remix of levan polkia in this video WHAT?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think I was the only person happy with the Sea Of Thieves announcement. I've moved way past 3d platformers. Actually I never liked them to begin with. And I'm sick of old franchises being repeated over and over again. Also, most of the people at Rare didn't work on the originals, so I know that if they made another Banjo, there's a 99% chance fans would constantly ***** about it. So the fact that they're making a new game that isn't a Kinect game makes me happy. Also I love pirates and ship games.
It's not really that they didn't make a Banjo game, it's just they deliberately trolled their fans, which isn't a good move in any sort of way whatsoever.

I do agree that Banjo is better off dead though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm in the same boat with you, well, aside form moving past 3D platformers, as I believe we don't have enough nowadays. I would love a new Banjo, but doing a new IP is a great step in the right direction for Rare.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That and I felt that nothing, not even the particularly bad stuff, was quite on the same level of disappointment as Sea of Thieves.

I'd take Chibi Metroid Soccer over "OKAY WE'RE FINALLY GONNA MAKE A NEW BANJ-NEVER MIND JUST KIDDING, HERE'S A RANDOM PIRATE GAME!" any day.

Nintendo's biggest issues, in my opinion, was poor time management and a lack of information in important areas.
Me when Rare guy came out on stage:

Me when Rare guy starts talking and it sounds like it won't be Banjo:

Me when watching Sea of Thieves trailer:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Still waiting for Club Nintendo to put this little rat up.

False promises.
Only got like two months left.....
I want him now.
Also still waiting on:

Captain Toad Figurine Lamp
* Club Nintendo Goodbye Coin
* Mario Kart 8 – Original Soundtrack

Returning items
* Mario Kart 7 Trophy – Banana
* Mario Kart 7 Trophy – Leaf
* Mario Kart 7 Trophy – Lightning
* Mario Kart 7 Trophy – Mushroom
* Mario Kart 7 Trophy – Shell
* Mario Kart 7 Trophy – Special
* Luigi’s Mansion 2 Diorama

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
3D platformers are one of my favorite genres, but Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Final Fantasy, Phoenix Wright, Scribblenauts, Professor Layton, Castlevania, Rayman, and Bomberman are my most thought about third party franchises when it comes to Smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://gonintendo.com/stories/23675...king-xenoblade-chronicles-x-already-working-o
A portion of a GamesBeat interview with Tetsuya Takahashi...

GamesBeat: What’s the biggest challenge in bringing an RPG franchise to high-definition for the first time?

Takahashi: Probably the biggest challenge for us comes in the planning stage, where we have to think about how we’re going to use these limited resources — I’m talking mostly about time on the schedule — to create all the assets in such a huge world. What order do we need to take tasks in to accomplish them all in the most efficient way? There’s a lot of tech that goes into expressing the open world concept as well, making sure that it’s a seamless experience from one end to the other. That’s probably the biggest challenge.

GamesBeat: Are you already working on your next game?

Takahashi: Yes, that’s always the case, every time.

GamesBeat: We’ve had Shulk in Smash Bros. That must be a neat thing to see. Now we know Nintendo is doing downloadable content for Smash Bros. Would you like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X characters in Smash as well?

Takahashi: I’m not entirely sure, but you could always ask Mr. Sakurai about that. [laughs]
GamesBeat: We’ve had Shulk in Smash Bros. That must be a neat thing to see. Now we know Nintendo is doing downloadable content for Smash Bros. Would you like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X characters in Smash as well?

Takahashi: I’m not entirely sure, but you could always ask Mr. Sakurai about that. [laughs]

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Offtopic, but am I only one who drags images in people's signatures, and try to match the clone up to the original?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's not really that they didn't make a Banjo game, it's just they deliberately trolled their fans, which isn't a good move in any sort of way whatsoever.

I do agree that Banjo is better off dead though.
^ Yeah, this is the case for me, too.

I wouldn't have much faith in a Banjo sequel produced by the Rare of today, and do think the series is better off dead because of that.

My issue is the blatant trolling of their fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom