• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know Ryu is brand new, but the dude does not move any way that I expect a character to at all.
That's part of what makes him unique.

Well, not so much. Wario moves in quite a strange way too.

But personally I feel like he feels as if he moves for the most part as he's still in Street Fighter.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm trying to get good with Lucina, but my reaction timing stinks. So, I don't really use her counter all that much and I get wrecked really bad because of it XD.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Man, I remember when people got legitmently upset that Sakurai stopped updating temporary because he was on holiday break. The entitlement people had was gross.

As someone who strongly prefers Melee over Brawl and cannot stand that game to this day, I admit, it is very disheartening for Melee and Brawl fans to get at each other's necks. I'm glad that mostly died down.
Well I personally prefer Brawl, but simply because I grew up with it. Yeah Melee was my first game, but Brawl had more of the characters I loved. But Smash 4 is my favourite now, having my Boy back is awesome The only downside to Brawl for me was no Roy.

And speaking of Brawl speculation anyone remember that old Smashboards podcast? You know the one happening mainly during Brawl speculation.

Also anyone want to play a fun game? Its very simple what series got you playing Smash Bros?
For me it was Zelda, and Zelda is my favourite Nintendo series. But when I learned that Pikachu and Mario where in the game, it blew my mind. Then to learn I could play as Luigi my brain was pretty much killed by the awesome.

Also did anyone else think Samus was a robot when they first played Smash Bros? (Obviously this only applies if you had no prior Metroid knowledge.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I bet the reaction to Duck Hunt would have more negative if Takamaru had not been disconfirmed months before he was revealed.
Ehhhh.....

Duck Hunt also had Dark Pit and Dr. Mario to hide behind. Even if the Takamaru bomb hadn't dropped and he was disconfirmed through the leak, I don't think he'd have gotten hated on.

Chrono.

I honestly can't figure out Megaman, despite my hype for him, he's another character I didn't find so fun.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still can't get with Olimar nor Sheik.

I still remember in Melee, I was decent as Zelda but sucked as Sheik.

Plus there's still Peach but I got a hang of her and G&W

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I also wanted to be really good with Wii Fit Trainer, just because no one wants to be beat up by a soccer mom in yoga pants.

Alas I suck as her.

Still play her from time to time though.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So apparently I'm the only one who is able to use the newcomers I was hype for effectively.:ohwell:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I honestly can't figure out Megaman, despite my hype for him, he's another character I didn't find so fun.
Megaman fits me like a glove. Not sure what it was about him, but he clicked with me immediately and he's been my co-main with Ness since day one.

I was hyped for Palutena at her reveal, but I'm not really feeling it with her. (I am with Shulk though!)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I tried maining Bowser Jr., but I dropped him. I don't even know why.

I remember when the 3DS version came out and everyone thought Duck Hunt was OP. And now everyone thinks he's like mid-tier lol.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The Nintendog assist trophy is the worst.

Honestly, the only time I've hated dogs.
Well luckily the Nintendodog Assist trophy will probably be replaced with a new breed in the next Smash Bros. I mean Sakurai realised how much we disliked Brawls Nintendog Assist trophy he gave us a new breed in Smash 4 :troll:

On a serious note I thought that maybe the Nintendog would be 3DS exclusive and just show up on your opponents screens, so it wouldn't screw you over, and actually assist you.

Also with the Nintendog stuck as the assist trophy for the Nintendog series, I can enact my plan of making Nintencats playable long before the Nintendogs ever will be!!! *maniacal laughter*

Actually @ PushDustIn PushDustIn has Sakurai ever posted pictures of his cat?

Last edited:
I was never around for brawl speculation so all of a sudden someone handed me melee 2 and it had cardboard box man snake and lucario and my tiny mind imploded.

Day 1 i wanted to main pac man and dark pit. I did one pac main Fair and quit.
Then i tried palurtena who is SO FUN with customs but otherwise is terrible. But you cant play with customs in most places :glare: was my 3rd most wanted ao im cool with her anyway.

Then i mained shulk for months and made all my friends hate him :laugh:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I remember when the 3DS version came out and everyone thought Duck Hunt was OP. And now everyone thinks he's like mid-tier lol.
was it because hamayama or whoever was really bad at smash and lost to them like four times

D

Deleted member

I remember being hyped up during Mega Man's reveal and thinking that no reaction of mine would ever top it.

And then Shulk Time happened. As soon as I saw his trailer, I knew I was going to main him, and I still do now, though I have been playing Roy often since his release.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wii Fit is a human/t-rex hybrid.

How else can you explain her lack of range on everything.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh god, I remember the HATE Sakurai received when the roster was out. It was probably just as venom if not more than SSB4's full roster reveal.

I remember someone vandalizing the Wikipedia page of him with saying that he was killed by fans that threw him out of the window. I think they had a "YOU MUST RECOVER" joke there too. It was kind of disgusting though.

People were way too emotionally invested in that game...
I definitely remember that. I don't know too much of the hate that happened when Brawl happened(mostly because I was playing it and other games), but I remember some of the really disgusting hate that happened. Back then, my young self was only beginning to learn of the internet and forums(outside of looking at FAQs whenever I got stuck in a game) and as such, I was not used to seeing hatred from people on the internet. So when I saw some of the hatred, my younger self was merely a poor confused kid wondering why people were so angry.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Chardizard hype at Smash Attack 9!

Numbers pls

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai should put himself in as a fighter.

His final Smash could be ''disappointment" face.

Was it just me or did he seem disappointed the entire time of the last direct?

He even said ''Thank you for waiting" when it came to Ryu.

Poor guy, he knew.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
When Sakurai's added into the game, you'll be asked to which niche fanbase you belong to. Depending on your answer, Sakurai's final smash will be teasing you with a model of that character before erasing it, causing your character to commit suicide in despair.

Etika will go the full run, scream, and jump out a window. From the streets will rise Etika!Ridley, burning away the U.S. with all the fury of Ridley fans.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly, even though I love Toad, I would HATE how he'd play if he's not quick and strong. My way or bust.

probably would still use him though

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sakurai should put himself in as a fighter.
His final Smash could be ''disappointment" face.
Was it just me or did he seem disappointed the entire time of the last direct?
He even said ''Thank you for waiting" when it came to Ryu.
Poor guy, he knew.
He had a passive aggressive "Thank you for waiting"?
That shouldn't be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom