• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I was looking up on some history on voice actors and I came across Kyle Herbert (Ryu US voice actor) and he'd actually did Frederick and Validar in Awakening.

Also he's Adult Gohan's voice actor
So he's gonna be in the same game where

:4lucario: voice actor is Goku (Sean
Schemmel)
:4lucina: voice actor is Kid Trunks (Laura Bailey)
:4falcon: is Vegeta's voice actor in Japan
:4marth: is Android 16/Tien

So its six degrees of Dragon Ball Z with Smash Bros.

Also forgot to mention :4lucina: is Chun Li and :4robinm: is T. Hawk in Street Fighter
Don't forget that :4lucina:'s Voice Actor also did the first female voice for the main Character in Saints Row 3 and the first female voice for the President in Saints Row 4 :awesome:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
E3 is at 12 AM for me. Good, now I know that I can watch all of it live.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Let's be honest, all E3 needs is this:

I would love for them to introduce "Cosplay Packs" for Splatoon. Even if it's through amiibo functionality, it woudl be really cool to get gear for various Nintendo characters. And they could even explain it by saying that the characters exist in the Splatoon universe, maybe someone found ancient relics depicting them and decided to bring them back to life.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm hoping that we get three characters at E3.

Realistically, it'd be Lucas ("We just released him, go download him!), Ryu, and Roy.

Hopefully, it's Roy, Ryu, and a completely new character.

I dunno guys I think it's going to be Eren from AoT my uncle from Nintendo told me.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
One ballot character at E3 would be really hype.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey guys....
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/297361713/nintendoe3-2015
I got one!
Here is a list of what's to come!

>Introduction
Right after the digital event logo appears, a video made in collaboration between Epic Rap Battles of History and Nintendo is shown. It features Bill Trinen and Reggie Fils-Aime against each other. The lyrics consist of upcoming content they have to show, the Treehouse stream, Bill asking for his job back, etc.

After two brief verses, Tanner from the E3 2015 announcement video interrupts the battle to remind them that E3 has already started, and makes the transition.

>Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
A smash trailer begins, showing a large amount of characters in a canyon fighting with someone appearing on a cliff. It reveals itself as Will Wedgewood, who turns into Wonder-Red. He shouts "Team, unite up!" and gameplay begins.

Wonder-Red attacks with Unite Hand and other Unite Morphs. After that, other Wonderful Ones appear around his body to help him attack such as Wonder-Blue with his sword, Wonder Pink with her whip, and the rest.

"The Wonderful 101 Unites Into Action!" appears and the trailer ends.

Similar to last year, Sakurai then appears to discuss their inclusion and reveals that they are a part of the Smash Bros. ballot. They are planned to be released later on as downloadable content. He mentions giving an update on the ballot statistics at a later date.

>Mario Maker
A new trailer is shown. Some things in it are Yoshi with his colorful variants and their unique abilities. Footage of new playable characters such as Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Nabbit are shown. There is also a new item editor that allows you to change different blocks, items, and power-ups to give different or strange effects when added. Lastly, a Super Mario Bros 2. visual style is shown, along with the Super Mario Land series, and Super Mario All-Stars games. It is given a release date of August 6th.

>Xenoblade Chronicles X
Footage for the USA version is shown, and releases in July. It details the combat system, different features, and more.

>First Look ~ amiibo World
amiibo World is a new game that is fully compatible with all amiibo. It allows players to scan their amiibo into the game to train them, raise them, interact with them, and much more. It will be a downloadable title on the eShop for free on Wii U and New 3DS.

>Devil's Third
Developer interview with Tomonobu Itagaki begins, with him talking about the game's development and atmosphere. There is footage showing stealth missions, different character introductions, the diverse lineup of weaponry, plot objectives, and compatibility with the Samus and Zero Suit Samus amiibo later after the game's release.

>Intermission
Reggie and Bill are playing against each other at Mario Kart 8, bickering over who is better as they continue their competition. Bill mentions he really likes the new DLC added, and Reggie is reminded of another announcement.

>Mario Kart 8 - DLC Pack 3
Scheduled for a release at the end of this year, this pack will contain new characters such as Nabbit, Diddy Kong, and finally Sonic. New tracks are included as well, such as Chemical Plant Zone and some returning ones from previous entries.

>First Look ~ Pilotwings Bay
A new Pilotwings for the New 3DS will be released in 2015. This trailer showcases skydiving, Wuhu Island, and an airport for customizable planes.

This is all of the content I will reveal, there is a lot more that will be shown at the presentation when it airs. I won't go into detail about this, but I have one more showing.

>First Look ~ Kirby U
This title in the Kirby series is made along the style of Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Meta Knight will be an important character in this title.
I like one of the comments, so I'll share.
sounds disappointing enough to be real. Other fake leakers take note

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Chemical Plant Zone DLC for MK8.

That sounds amazing.

Which is why it's fake.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't know.

I'd be surprised, but Nintendo can certainly be surprising sometimes.
Yeah, that's true. Either way I feel like getting a release date is really likely. I just need it in my life already.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
>Introduction
Right after the digital event logo appears, a video made in collaboration between Epic Rap Battles of History and Nintendo is shown. It features Bill Trinen and Reggie Fils-Aime against each other. The lyrics consist of upcoming content they have to show, the Treehouse stream, Bill asking for his job back, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did this honestly

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sonic in Mario Kart would be rather nice.

But lol, you know we're getting fake E3 leaks left and right when everyone starts throwing their favorite characters in as the unlikely surprise character.

Which doesn't really work this time when you claim they're part of the ballot or include them alongside Ryu, who is clearly suppose to be that ''WHAT!?!" character.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
・Doesn't have Ryu
”He mentions giving an update on the ballot statistics at a later date.”
・64 was the first and only time they gave ballot statistics. Not saying it's impossible, it's just very unlikely.
・There will probably be only one Yoshi in Mario Maker. All the characters sound too good to be true.
・ I think the amiibo touch game is there amiibo game. Can't see a Virtual Pet game (no matter how cool it would be) as it would take A LOT of resources to make.
・ Mario Kart Pack 3? It's possible, but I kind of doubt it now. E3 will make or break any more Mario Kart DLC though.

D

Deleted member

>Introduction

I wouldn't be surprised if they did this honestly
After last year's Robot Chicken thing?
Definitely.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , I'm going to make a new Source Gaming article soon, it's going to revolve around Bayonetta and her chances in getting in Smash. It's currently 50% complete, and I'm going to post it in the RTC thread also. :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't forget that :4lucina:'s Voice Actor also did the first female voice for the main Character in Saints Row 3 and the first female voice for the President in Saints Row 4 :awesome:
:4lucina: is also Rise in Persona 4 and its spinoffs
:4littlemac: is Junpei in Persona 3 (Japan) and Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Strider in Project X Zone 1&2
:4lucas: Ivy Valentine in all recent Soul Calibur games and Rouge's old voice actor in Sonic
:4robinm: is Jin from BlazBlue and Marshall Law in the recent Tekken games
:4greninja: is Strider in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Japan)
and Blanka in Street Fighter (Japan)

:4zss: is Krystal and Carmelita Fox in Sly Cooper
:4metaknight: was ironically :4bowser: in Super Paper Mario and his Japanese voice actor is Uub in Dragon Ball
:4kirby:/:4ness:(Sakurai's wife) is Sayaka in Dagan Rompa
:4robinf: is Litchi in BlazBlue and Kasumi in Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How great would it be if that leak is real, and there really is a rap battle between Reggie and Bill, but they go all out with swearing during it, calling each other terms such as "Mother****er," and "**** sucker."

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
And Reggie making jabs at Mother 3

BECAUSE MY SOUL NEEDS MORE CRUSHING

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For me, E3 is right after I get out of taking my third-to-last comprehensive exam. It's a half-hour after, to be exact. It'll be the first time I'll get to watch E3 live.
I've only been watching it since 2013, but for both that year and 2014, I've had to watch it a few hours later due to school.

Thanks high school finals schedule.

The bad news is that my second-to-last comp (the one that is the day after E3) is Science, which will be my second hardest one (the first hardest is World Studies which is this Thursday, but that doesn't matter).
So unless I'm almost fully prepared for it when E3 comes, my Dad may not let me watch it. :(

Guess it's time to hit the books.

D

Deleted member

And Reggie making jabs at Mother 3

BECAUSE MY SOUL NEEDS MORE CRUSHING
"Since you love Japan so much, I'll send you overseas.
You will find you're stuck there, Bill, just like Mother 3!"
*Reggie death glare*

....I can't rap, so I can't tell if that's any good or if it sucks. :p

D

Deleted member

Anyone notice the leak doesn't mention Star Fox, they done screwed up

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm imagining the ERB announcer shouting Reggie's name and messing it up a few times before giving up.

Good ole' leak thread.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , I'm going to make a new Source Gaming article soon, it's going to revolve around Bayonetta and her chances in getting in Smash. It's currently 50% complete, and I'm going to post it in the RTC thread also. :)
Try to be objective about it, and make sure to include reasons against as well as reasons for. I know it can be hard when you're a fan of the character, but "source" gaming is about getting to factual source of the matter and not about pushing our opinions on people.

I actually have a Bayonetta article that is pretty much done, but I haven't had time to go over it or do much of anything related to the site in the past few weeks. I'll go a head and share it with the source gaming group tomorrow just so we can go over it, but I'm cool if you want to do a Bayo write up as I know you're a big supporter.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hey guys....
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/297361713/nintendoe3-2015
I got one!

I like one of the comments, so I'll share.
"Similar to last year, Sakurai then appears to discuss their inclusion and reveals that they are a part of the Smash Bros. ballot. They are planned to be released later on as downloadable content. He mentions giving an update on the ballot statistics at a later date."

Yeah, except the ballot ends in October, so we're not gonna be getting trailers for ballot characters a month after it started.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4lucina: is also Rise in Persona 4 and its spinoffs
:4littlemac: is Junpei in Persona 3 (Japan) and Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs Capcom 3 & Strider in Project X Zone 1&2
:4lucas: Ivy Valentine in all recent Soul Calibur games and Rouge's old voice actor in Sonic
:4robinm: is Jin from BlazBlue and Marshall Law in the recent Tekken games
:4greninja: is Strider in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Japan)
and Blanka in Street Fighter (Japan)

:4zss: is Krystal and Carmelita Fox in Sly Cooper
:4metaknight: was ironically :4bowser: in Super Paper Mario and his Japanese voice actor is Uub in Dragon Ball
:4kirby:/:4ness:(Sakurai's wife) is Sayaka in Dagan Rompa
:4robinf: is Litchi in BlazBlue and Kasumi in Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden
....Was Strider even in Project X Zone? Lol XD :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Try to be objective about it, and make sure to include reasons against as well as reasons for. I know it can be hard when you're a fan of the character, but "source" gaming is about getting to factual source of the matter and not about pushing our opinions on people.

I actually have a Bayonetta article that is pretty much done, but I haven't had time to go over it or do much of anything related to the site in the past few weeks. I'll go a head and share it with the source gaming group tomorrow just so we can go over it, but I'm cool if you want to do a Bayo write up as I know you're a big supporter.
Maybe you guys can combine the articles/ give each other suggestions? It'll help the article be even more objective.

I'm working on a huge translation right now. It's Sakurai's GDC 2008 lecture. About 60% done!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The leak said it wasn't gonna mention everything.

Which is a red flag itself.
Honestly, leaving out Star Fox feels more like an oversight than information that was intentionally omitted on the faker's part.

D

Deleted member

....Was Strider even in Project X Zone? Lol XD :p
He might be thinking of either Namco X Capcom or the upcoming Project X Zone 2 since Strider Hiryu was/will be featured in both games. I know Hiryu wasn't in PxZ1.

Last edited by a moderator:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Here's Gamexplain's E3 prediction video part 1, For Smash they're predicting Ryu and Wolf for characters, and stage DLC announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom