• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
A fellow Lucas fan from the Social forums in the leaks group.

Oh goodie, goodie, goodie.
Y'all can be lucas and claus.......Lucas and Red.......Lucas and ness.....Lucas and ninten?(Lucas has a bad track record when it comes to friends)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It looks like a model rip from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom or something along those lines.
Yup ... It's really look like TvC

Same texture , same low poly rendering ... FAKE

PS: IT'S NOT THE OP RENDER ! THIS RENDER WAS POSTER IN ANOTHER LEAK WITHOUT " BLUE GUYS" "GUN" "ELECTRICITY" . BUT ALWAYS FAKE FOR THE RENDER AND THE LEAK

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Slippy, Duck Hunt Dog and Balloon Fighter are way too iconic for this IMO.
Eh, KK Slider is a tertiary character from a 1st tier Nintendo franchise, while Slippy is a secondary character from a secondary tier Nintendo franchise. I think that evens out, and both are far less iconic than Diddy. The entire first row is really the "star power" for this game in my eyes.

Slippy is the sort of character that will likely never get into a mainstream Nintendo cross over, as Star Fox slots are limited and he has Fox, Wolf, and Falco (as well as arguably Andross, Krystal, and Peppy) in front of him. You can even see this with Mii hats - they have Fox, Wolf, and Falco... that's it. I see this hypothetical game not as a coming together of a bunch of has beens and never weres, but as a chance for lesser used characters to shine. This would really suit Slippy in my opinion.

Duck Hunt.... I kind of agree with. The thing is that the franchise itself has been dead since the mid 80s with the exception of a mini-game homage in Wii Play. The characters themselves don't get used that often, so I though it would be nice to include them. I do get where you are coming from with this one, though, and depending on the actual theme of the characters in the game it might be best to not include them.

I completely disagree with Balloon Fighter, however. Balloon Fight was one of my first NES games, and I loved it to death. It's a fun game.... but it's not iconic. Really, if it weren't for Sakurai's apparent fondness for the franchise and the Nintendo Land Attraction (and before you bring up it's importance remember that Takamaru had one as well) very few people would remember that series.

It was a really, really blatant Joust clone.

In any case, I would argue that Ice Climbers are more iconic and important than Balloon Fighter, and not because of Smash. Ice Climber was actually bundled with the Famicom in many European countries, so the series had wider over all exposure. If you have problems with one of them being included you should logically have a problem with both being on the roster.

At the end of the day, though, if you really want to replace Balloon Fighter we could always bring in Alice, the much more obscure protagonist of Balloon Kid (the Gameboy sequel to Balloon Fight.)

If the opening cinematic of that Diddy Kong Racing game isn't Diddy and Dixie meeting up with the starting roster of KK Slider, Riki, Ice Climbers, Slippy, and Viridi.

All angered because they weren't included in Mario Kart 8/Smash Brothers over the people from their series that made it into that game. Then fail.

Absolute fail.
In the imaginary world where I wrote the script for this game the plot would be as follows: Captain Rainbow, champion of discarded franchises and perpetual underdogs everywhere, would approach Diddy Kong to set up a new racing tournament to raise awareness for forgotten games and characters. Perhaps do this as a voice over or letter or something. Diddy, having experience with this sort of thing and feeling slighted about the Mario Kart 8 situation, starts recruiting racers.

We would see this in the games intro. We would also see Tatanga waiting by a mail box with the time of day cycling behind him. He would eventually realize that he was not chosen a racer (making him EXTRA forgotten) and he would go out and plan his revenge, making him the villain of the games story mode.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I will forever stand by this.

Now that F-Zero has been reimagined in Mario Kart, and Nintendo seems to be putting their twist on popular game genres (Shooters with Splatoon).

What genre could Nintendo conquer next? What about 3rd Person Open World Action Games?
Captain Falcon: The Mute City Defender

A 3RD PERSON OPEN WORLD ACTION TITLE STARRING THE MAN HIMSELF

HYES!

Directed by Masaihiro Sakurai, the personality of Smash Falcon is put into a brand new game. Where you defend Mute City from crime with knees of justice, and Falcon Punches.

Taking Cars would be similar to GTA, but the driving would call back to F-Zero

Launch title showing graphical power of NX.

Here's a trillion dollar idea Nintendo. Hire me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Now that F-Zero has been reimagined in Mario Kart, and Nintendo seems to be putting their twist on popular game genres (Shooters with Splatoon).

What genre could Nintendo conquer next? What about 3rd Person Open World Action Games?

HYES!

Directed by Masaihiro Sakurai, the personality of Smash Falcon is put into a brand new game. Where you defend Mute City from crime with knees of justice, and Falcon Punches.

At least then we could bank on Goroh and Blood Falcon making it into the next Smash. :troll:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guys , on the subject Of Gunvolt .

Wasn't his game one Of the best Eshop-Indies selling with 100 000 k ?

Wasn't a sequel announced without more information beside a concept art and "stay tunes" ?

Can we have more information during E3 ?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

HYES!

There's the 2D Beat Em Up genre, American Football, Extreme Sports game, Stealth Game, 3rd Person Open World game (Like GTA and Assassin's Creed with its freedom and structure) and a MOBA (which I hope to God they don't do)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

HYES!

Open world? I want that game to be open universe! Explore the universe Mass Effect style to collect bounties to fund your racing exploits. Day. One.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People need to try harder with their leaks.

If you're just going to make up a text leak at least try to make it entertaining.

Ryu Shoryuken fight! is pretty great, though.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hey I have a quick question. Can anyone with photoshop go through this image real quick and see if it can be restored?
Capture2.PNG

I know its the Nintendo Direct thing again, but it could lead to something...

in theory.
I'm probably too desperate again.

Attachments

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't get the Ryu Shoryuken Fight joke...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guys , on the subject Of Gunvolt .

Wasn't his game one Of the best Eshop-Indies selling with 100 000 k ?

Wasn't a sequel announced without more information beside a concept art and "stay tunes" ?

Can we have more information during E3 ?
Nobody ? :(

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg
Going back to that Rayman leak, Christ that Mewtwo render is what threw me off and made me cry out fake as hell.

He looks like a Cat with anime 'uguu' eyes.
Sorry to Artsy but mate, your Mewtwo is not good bro.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I don't get the Ryu Shoryuken Fight joke...
My guess is he forgot to add a comma after "Ryu", so it would sound like "Ryu, sure you can Fight!"

But that's so contrived that I can understand the confusion.

Edit: Ninja'd. Twice. X_X

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hey I have a quick question. Can anyone with photoshop go through this image real quick and see if it can be restored?
View attachment 55434
I know its the Nintendo Direct thing again, but it could lead to something...

in theory.
I'm probably too desperate again.
Dude, even if it says Smash Bros, what does it even matter? Do you really think Nintendo would put information in the background of a Direct?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Dude, even if it says Smash Bros, what does it even matter? Do you really think Nintendo would put information in the background of a Direct?
Because I'm bored and have nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how the stage DLC will be handled. Will it all be free and if it costs will the stages be unselectable online?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Nothing wrong here at all.

Nothing at all.
If there's one thing you shouldn't try to fake, it's the Smash Bros website character pages.

Leak making 101, come on now.

(Also the way he's standing reminds me of the Burger King from those sneaking games)

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
View attachment 55436 Going back to that Rayman leak, Christ that Mewtwo render is what threw me off and made me cry out fake as hell.

He looks like a Cat with anime 'uguu' eyes.
Sorry to Artsy but mate, your Mewtwo is not good bro.
To be fair, I think mewtwo almost does have that...
Really no offence to omni, but his smashafied things are hit and miss in if they look like normal smash renders.
I'm not entity sure what it is either, they look somehow either too 3d or not 3d enough.

During the rayman leak, I was just thinking the DLC renderss may be a little different for whatever reason, i mean, its not uncommon for DLC characters to have different renders in games like this

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Nothing wrong here at all.

Nothing at all.
There's someone here in the boards with literally this render in the signature; lol
also.. the series icon would be "Street Fighter" by full written? (and yet, in the shape of the old 2000 logo).. yeah.. ok. :T

D

Deleted member

That "Ryu Shoryuken Fight!" thing....

I can appreciate the attempt at a pun, but the grammar is just....ugh.
Ryu Sure You Can Fight just does not sound right. At all.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If a leak starts off with *My *insert relative* works at X* I instantly disbelieve the leak.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I used to not believe leaks until I saw a good picture

Then Artsy Omni came

Now I don't believe leaks at all. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom