• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey guys debunk this
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/297391661/nintendo-digital-event#bottom

>Starts of with a Smash trailer which both has Roy and Wolf in the trailer then interrupts with a Ryu trailer. Iwata gives out information that Wolf and Roy will come together in August and Ryu in the Fall.

Now here are the games being shown:

3DS
>Game & Watch Gallery 3D
Will feature a bunch of Nintendo characters in minigames will work with a G&W amiibo
>Chibi Robo 3DS
>Rhythm Heaven Groove
>SNES VC
>New Splatoon e-shop game
>F-Zero 3D (A remastered port of F-Zero X with around 20 extra tracks and a Track Creator)
>Metroid: Sigma
A 2.5D game made from NOJ. Will feature all of Samus older power ups and enemies from past games. Takes place sometime after Super but before Fusion
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>Fire Emblem If details
>3rd Party stuff Including Project X Zone, Monster Hunter and a new game which will be announced at a earlier E3 conference by Level 5 which will be on PS4/ Vita and Wii U/3DS

Wii U
>Star Fox: Nova
Pretty much a much more defined Assault. Multiplayer is gonna be a big sell with Co-Op Story and Online.

>Mother 3 VC
>Mario Maker
>New Mario Kart 8 and a surprising Hyrule Warriors and DKCTF DLC coming out.
>New Splatoon DLC
>Retro's New IP
>Next Level's new game is Mario Strikers: Blitz
>Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Rio 2016
>Fatal Frame 5
>Wii Sports Resort will get an HD port
>A possible hint at the next 3D Mario game
I actually did the leak on there. I was wondering how feasible it was
- Smash News, not only super obvious (Roy, Wolf, Ryu) but also too good to be true. Speaking of which.
- New F-Zero game, Mother 3 VC. Just telling us what we want to hear.
- Starfox: Nova. Interesting name.
- Retro's New IP. I think we would know what the name of Retro's New IP" if it was revealed here at E3.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You know they make changes for each region right?
Nintendo has shown that Digital Events can be very different across regions. That leads to some minor spoilers if you are live chatting with people from other regions. The Japanese Nintendo Direct featured Lucas a couple minutes before the American one, for example.
For conventional Nintendo Directs I know they change things; but for the E3 main event too?.. That's new for me. '-'

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
- Smash News, not only super obvious (Roy, Wolf, Ryu) but also too good to be true. Speaking of which.
- New F-Zero game, Mother 3 VC. Just telling us what we want to hear.
- Starfox: Nova. Interesting name.
- Retro's New IP. I think we would know what the name of Retro's New IP" if it was revealed here at E3.

What the hell do you want Smash to have? The DLC is obvious as all hell thanks to the data mining. Now F-Zero on 3DS is probably something that's feasible since they want to continue the series but rushing it on Wii U would seem hapless but 3DS with its larger install base would do wonders and I still believe Mother 3 VC is happening, also since Roy is coming as well, they might translate and do FE6 for VC.

The Retro IP thing I said before was mostly to keep it hidden and most new IP info rarely got leaked unless by who is developing it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
6 days until Luuucas. This month is looking good.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
"The Legend of Zelda: Deep Sex" on the 3DS…
…but the 3DS's graphics aren't HD…
why couldn't this be on the Wii U? Honestly.

EDIT: It seems like they might actually add HD capable games to the 3DS…seeing as "The Legend of Zelda: Legal Pressure HD" has also been confirmed for the system.

Okay, I'm done now.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey guys debunk this

>Starts of with a Smash trailer which both has Roy and Wolf in the trailer then interrupts with a Ryu trailer. Iwata gives out information that Wolf and Roy will come together in August and Ryu in the Fall.

3DS
>Game & Watch Gallery 3D
Will feature a bunch of Nintendo characters in minigames will work with a G&W amiibo
>Chibi Robo 3DS
>Rhythm Heaven Groove
>SNES VC
>F-Zero 3D (A remastered port of F-Zero X with around 20 extra tracks and a Track Creator)
A 2.5D game made from NOJ. Will feature all of Samus older power ups and enemies from past games. Takes place sometime after Super but before Fusion
>Fire Emblem If details
>3rd Party stuff Including Project X Zone, Monster Hunter and a new game which will be announced at a earlier E3 conference by Level 5 which will be on PS4/ Vita and Wii U/3DS

Wii U
Pretty much a much more defined Assault. Multiplayer is gonna be a big sell with Co-Op Story and Online.

>Mother 3 VC
>Mario Maker
>New Splatoon DLC
>Retro's New IP
>Fatal Frame 5
Well, even though this is your fake, I might as well give my opinion on it.

1.) I don't personally think Mother 3 is coming to VC as I don't believe Nintendo is willing to front the bill for it's translation. This doesn't amount to any sort of debunking but I am always leery of any leaks that include it as it makes it seem like more of a wish fulfillment list.

2.) Wii Sports Resort HD port is lack luster by itself and I don't see something like that being shown at E3 unless it is in the context of a group of Wii games get ports. Let's remember that the original Resort can be played on a Wii U and that graphics were never a selling point for it (so and HD reskin wouldn't be all that desirable in the eyes of it's fans.)

3.) Metroid Sigma does not sound like the title of a proper Metroid game. I suppose it's somewhat close to Prime in convention, but Prime was a proper sub series. The other thing that stands out about this is that Ninja Gaiden Sigma is the game that immediately comes to mind when I hear Sigma used in a games title. I would think that Nintendo would want Ninja Gaiden to be the last thing that fans think of when hearing the title to a new Metroid game after Team Ninja's involvement in Other M. Once again, this doesn't debunk anything, but it does make me personally doubt it.

4.) I doubt that t he new Star Fox will not be like Assault and it will not use multiplayer as it's selling point. Miyamoto is making the game and he already stated that the reason the games exists and the selling point for the game is the way in which it uses the game pad.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/607910067447472129

A new Smash Direct(?) before E3?!

Also to that person who just wrote that fake leak for 4chan, I'll get back to my thoughts on your leak in a bit. Although I do want to say that it doesn't really feel feasible nor realistic... :(
WHOA. On the date of Lucas' release, too. Maybe they want to get all the Smash news out of the way so that E3 can focus on the new megatons?

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hey guys debunk this

3DS
>Game & Watch Gallery 3D
>Chibi Robo 3DS
>Rhythm Heaven Groove
>SNES VC
>Fire Emblem If details

Wii U

>Mother 3 VC
>Mario Maker
>New Splatoon DLC
>Retro's New IP
>Fatal Frame 5
It's really not all that feasible at all, sorry.

Wolf coming out before Ryu makes no sense. The internal order of characters suggests Ryu was added before Roy, and there's absolutely nothing related to Wolf in the previous DLC update. If Wolf is going to be DLC, all signs point towards him coming after Ryu and Roy.

The subtitles for a lot of these games follow the same pattern. Star Fox: Nova, Metroid: Sigma, Mario Strikers: Blitz.....see what I mean? They all scream "One guy made all of these up".

"A hint at the next 3D Mario game": I recall us being told that there will be no new Mario game at E3. I think that would extend to hints.

I won't comment on Mario Kart 8 DLC, since I seem to be the only person who believes the Animal Crossing pack was the end of it, but Hyrule Warriors DLC is definitely finished. And I'm not sure what gave you the idea that DKCTF DLC is a possibility. The game has been out for well over a year without even a whisper regarding DLC. It's not happening.

And the Mother 3 localization.....just stop.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Come on, Sakurai, bring me that Ridley!

Easy, Burb, I do not expect that.

But still! Ridley assured!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
R.I.P E3 Leaks that said we'd get information in the direct

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
They used Toadette.
Yet you don't mention Bombette? I mean, if you want to talk about inconsequential characters that point out the fact that Nintendo has very few strong female protagonists, that's the one.

I'm very much on the anti-Bayonetta side of things, but in the issue of fairness I thought it was worth mentioning the Woman's History month thing as it was a while after the games release and she was the only third party character included.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sakurai keeps destroying everyones E3 expectations. First the Lucas date and now this. :laugh:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sakurai keeps destroying everyones E3 expectations. First the Lucas date and now this. :laugh:
I really hope he announces that he will have 10+ characters for DLC. That would make me so happy. People can get pretty pessimetic when it comes to the amount of characters, I'm highly expect more from him so he can satisfy us.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It starts at 11:40 PM Japan time (7:40 PT). I wonder if it'll be a 20 minute direct, and they will actually release stuff the next day Japan time so it'll be released with Lucas; [6/15 Japan time] (Same day US time).
Sorry if that's confusing.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yet you don't mention Bombette? I mean, if you want to talk about inconsequential characters that point out the fact that Nintendo has very few strong female protagonists, that's the one.

I'm very much on the anti-Bayonetta side of things, but in the issue of fairness I thought it was worth mentioning the Woman's History month thing as it was a while after the games release and she was the only third party character included.
I picked the first ridiculous character I saw.

Toadette's picture was higher up.

:p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He's probably going to address Lucas, and could reveal Roy too. I'm still betting Ryu at E3. This would be the best time to reveal Roy though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I really doubt Nintendo would have Sakurai make a live stream video, announced a week in advance, to only talk about Lucas and Miiverse Stage (that we already know everything about).

New character imminent~
Well now that you mention it, yeah. I really doubt they'd just talk about Lucas and Miiverse for 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJ-Xncng

Calm down a little bit guys. Seems it's only talking about the Lucas update.
Ehhh....normally I'd take the pessimistic approach, but it strikes me as odd that they'd have a special event just to say "Hey guys, you know how we said Lucas would be DLC in June? Well, he's out now so enjoy! Oh, and that reskinned Battlefield with Miiverse posts in the background we announced in October is finally coming, too. Also, squid kid Mii suits. Bye!".

There's gotta be more to it. Probably not as much as people are gonna expect or predict in the coming days, but still. I'm quite certain we'll be hearing about something we don't already know (or aren't supposed to already know).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well now that you mention it, yeah. I really doubt they'd just talk about Lucas and Miiverse for 20 minutes.
Tournament Mode, new character(s) and probably either a balance patch or something something non-Mii alternate costumes.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Official English post:
The update that includes Lucas will be available beginning 08:00 AM on June 14 (PT), 17:00 (CEST) on June 14th, and 01:00 AM on June 15 (AEST). We made a special video broadcast to talk about the update. In it, I'll be on camera to give you all the details! We'll air the video online right before the update, at 07:40 AM on June 14 (PT), 16:40 (CEST) on June 14th, and 0:40 AM on June 15 (AEST). Please check it out before the update becomes available!

Japanese Post:
リュカの配信を含むアップデートは、6月15日(月)0:00~を予定しています。 で、今回のアップデートのお話をするため、特別番組を制作しました。 ひさびさに私自身が出演、解説します! 日時は配信直前、6月14日(日)、23:40~ となります。 よろしければ、ダウンロードの前の余興としてごらんください。

My quick translation:
The update that includes Lucas is planned to go live at midnight 6/15 [Japan time]. To talk about this updated, we have prepared a special program. I will make a return and explain things [after a long absence] It will start right before the distribution begins, 11:40 AM on June 14th. If you would like, please watch the show before downloading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom