• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The bad thing is? I could've slept on a normal schedule and totally been okay?

I just conked out at 10p.m. or so and woke up now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman
Read some Ike & Roy bara Yaoi, then. Should work. :3

Bara is the wrong kind of Yaoi

I have kept away from most footage, so I am all hyped to try them out later today, IF they are released when most think they will. How sure are we they will be released together?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Im buying a $20 eshop card after I eat and swim. Its going to be the longest wait of my LIFE
Make sure you wait an hour before you swim.

I hope they confirm a bundle, because this would ease out many of the arguments I had with DLC packs in the RTC thread with Young Link.
I think any arguments anyone presents about any veteran, clone or not can be erased with the words "Roy from Fire Emblem is DLC your argument is invalid".

I just wish we could organize the CSS ourselves, with the whole custom aspect the games were going for.
This would be awesome.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the argument that any vet should not return is gone, not because its roy
but because they updated roys moveset

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Oh yeah page 100 Hype!
And so the day is finally here. Since September you guys have known me as the Lucas guy.
The one who never shut up about him, the one who constantly straw grasped even down to the tiniest little things.
Well today me and the Lucas Mains rejoice as we get the Yellow haired wonder back to fight in our corner.
One down three to go.
WELCOME HOME LUCAS!

I'm probably gonna go to the IRC chat to watch the direct with you guys.
Edit: I just realized that its officially MY BIRTHDAY!View attachment 56617
Happy Birthday enjoy your gift :D :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:
Especially Lucas. I worked very hard to complain about his non-inclusion :p

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm in it for the long haul

Staying up all night for a precious few 20 minutes

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm in it for the long haul

Staying up all night for a precious few 20 minutes
Won't you be too tired to enjoy playing though? You'd be better off getting sleep, not only will the time come sooner, but you'll be able to enjoy playing as them when they arrive.

I envy yanks right now 'cause they get to sleep the last 100 yards.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Here's hoping there's another surprise because otherwise we ruined it for ourselves being jack asses.

Lulz.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Wow. It's been one full week since this place has been opened and were at page 100.

Time really does fly by...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd prefer someone out of the blue. That'd be more exciting than someone else who would ultimately just be predictable.

Though Ryu's probably suppose to be the out of the blue person.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Today's presentation is about the update today. Don't expect any other characters aside from Ryu and Roy.

2 characters (plus Lucas), some stages, trophies, music etc will no doubt fill up the 20ish minutes.

However I could see a character announced during the E3 presentation. Namely Wolf.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They wouldn't split Smash, then make an announcement in the E3 presentation. There's going to be no Smash in the Digital Event.

I'm 100 percent about that life and I'm not about to make any stupid bets.

@SlickWylde

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They wouldn't split Smash, then make an announcement in the E3 presentation. There's going to be no Smash in the Digital Event.

I'm 100 percent about that life and I'm not about to make any stupid bets.

@SlickWylde
This presentation has nothing to do with E3, it's solely about today's update. That much is confirmed. E3 doesn't start until Tuesday.

E3's direct is about what Nintendo is doing in the next year. It's not a safe assumption to make that Smash won't be mentioned in that time. Otherwise we'll have absolutely nothing announced for Smash for 2+ months when they do their next general direct, which I can't see happening considering Nintendo consider their continued support of Smash Bros to be a big deal.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
This presentation has nothing to do with E3, it's solely about today's update. That much is confirmed. E3 doesn't start until Tuesday.

E3's direct is about what Nintendo is doing in the next year. It's not a safe assumption to make that Smash won't be mentioned in that time. Otherwise we'll have absolutely nothing announced for Smash for 2+ months when they do their next general direct, which I can't see happening considering Nintendo consider their continued support of Smash Bros to be a big deal.
...I thought NoJ considers it apart of E3 tho?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't be too surprised if we got another Lucas type reveal. As in a character gets revealed but isn't ready yet until much later on. There where these two additional "Mario" slots after all....

I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
An update on June 14th brings new content to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Lucas from Mother 3 as a playable character, a new Wii U Miiverse stage and Mii Fighter costumes inspired by Splatoon.

To celebrate this update, Masahiro Sakurai will host a special video presentation at 15:40 (UK time) on June 14th that outlines the details.

Also worth noting that news sites are calling it a "pre-E3" presentation.
As in. Before E3.
Pre:
previous to; before.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, you guys expecting more characters to be shown off? I actually do, personally. I think Sakurai will either show, or mention/hints about upcoming characters to keep the hype and support going. We obviously can only see Roy, Ryu and Lucas in the data, but just like Mewtwo's surprise reveal, other characters would be complete surprises.

What would you guys say if Sakurai said something like "We are planning to bring back every last one of the Smash characters!"

Yes, Blue, that includes Shota Link.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So, you guys expecting more characters to be shown off? I actually do, personally. I think Sakurai will either show, or mention/hints about upcoming characters to keep the hype and support going. We obviously can only see Roy, Ryu and Lucas in the data, but just like Mewtwo's surprise reveal, other characters would be complete surprises.
What would you guys say if Sakurai said something like "We are planning to bring back every last one of the Smash characters!"
Well.
Do I need to say a word to this.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So do you think it'll start with Sakurai's face? Or will be see the slashing fire for Roy/Ryu? I'm really curious how this will be layed out.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not that it matters but
"Japan time of June 17".

This is just semantics....

Expect is a strong word. I don't necessarily think there will be a reveal at E3. But it's a possibility. A hell of a lot more likely than getting a reveal in a separate presentation that clearly states it's about today's update.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823

I would be overjoyed. My perfect Smash game has all cut veterans returning so having Sakurai state he would do just that would send my hype levels through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom