• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think things are calming down now. We still have somewhere between 9 and 10 hours until the direct.

By the way Source Gaming is 1,000 views away from reaching 500,000 total views.

Big thank you to everyone here who has been incredibly supportive, and even helped craft the content we've created. Without the original leaks group, Source Gaming would have never started. So I guess @BluePikmin11 deserves most of the credit. Oh...and GameXplain for not doing a complete job with their analysis which inspired me to start writing.

I have a feeling the next 500,000 will come sooner than I think!

Shroob

Sup?
I think things are calming down now. We still have somewhere between 9 and 10 hours until the direct.

Big thank you to everyone here who has been incredibly supportive, and even helped craft the content we've created. Without the original leaks group, Source Gaming would have never started. So I guess @BluePikmin11 deserves most of the credit. Oh...and GameXplain for not doing a complete job with their analysis which inspired me to start writing.

Things are only going to get more hectic come tomorrow. When the 3DS version gets datamined, people are going to be like rabid dogs.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Is it weird that the one thing I really looking forward to seeing with this update is how the select screen will be set-up? Adding 3 new characters is going to change things quite a bit, especially when Mii fighters are turned on. Anyone do a mock-up yet?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I never heard of that.

Then again, I've learned the leaks group closed yesterday so I've probably missed way more than that.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it weird that the one thing I really looking forward to seeing with this update is how the select screen will be set-up? Adding 3 new characters is going to change things quite a bit, especially when Mii fighters are turned on. Anyone do a mock-up yet?
The 3ds version actually fits them in just fine....

What confuses me is the 2 extra slots. They don't fit.... I know we have the extra page icon, but would they really use that for like 1-2 more characters?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Can someone link the irc chat? I tried to go to it, but couldn't. Need to favorite that sucker for the direct.

Edit: Found it :)

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Link.

Treasure trove of information is waiting for you. We do analysis, translation, data mining and opinion posts. Let me know what you think!

Can someone link the irc chat? I tried to go to it, but couldn't. Need to favorite that sucker for the direct.
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org:+6697&channel=#SmashLeaks
^Mibbit direct link.

I'd suggest getting a proper IRC client though. I use XChat personally.

Last edited:

Soul.

Why was the leak group closed? I'm just asking lol.
Pretty sure the character roster will be able to accomodate itself on the 3DS version.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Why was the leak group closed? I'm just asking lol.
Pretty sure the character roster will be able to accomodate itself on the 3DS version.
Too many members. Moderation was difficult.

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn

Any indication if the stages/Inkling/Ken Trophy will also be on 3DS?
No idea at this point. I have a feeling they will.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
So wait, are we going to open a new thread for when the direct is happening?

Cause I would rather be there then be in here or the Irc chat cause it's going to be PACKED.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So wait, are we going to open a new thread for when the direct is happening?

Cause I would rather be there then be in here or the Irc chat cause it's going to be PACKED.
I'll be in the IRC chat. Watching the Japanese version, so we can compare what's announced in real time.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'm probably gonna go to the IRC chat to watch the direct with you guys.

Edit: I just realized that its officially MY BIRTHDAY!
Birthday.png

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, Ryu, Lucas and Roy perfectly fill the screen with Mii Fighters on the 3DS.
On Wii U a new row will have to be created, and judging from how Mewtwo changed the CSS, some more characters will be separated from their series most likely.
It's possible they go all out and properly arrange the CSS considering the large amount of DLC already, but I doubt it.

put up a link to the IRC chat as soon as its made i guess
It's always open. There's still no link to it in the OP of this thread though!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, Ryu, Lucas and Roy perfectly fill the screen with Mii Fighters on the 3DS.
On Wii U a new row will have to be created, and judging from how Mewtwo changed the CSS, some more characters will be separated from their series most likely.
It's possible they go all out and properly arrange the CSS considering the large amount of DLC already, but I doubt it.
Makes you wonder how future DLC on the 3DS will work.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion

It's always open. There's still no link to it in the OP of this thread though!
Oh. can someone give me a link then?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
!
That's what I was thinking, perhaps they'd finally rearrange the screen to keep all the characters grouped with their series. Guess we'll find out in a few more hours.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I just wish we could organize the CSS ourselves, with the whole custom aspect the games were going for.
In that case, I wish I could customize the main menus. Trying to navigate that thing is a nightmare! Even after owning the game this long, I still accidentally click freakin' Smash Tour from time to time. Can I please just delete it???

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just wish we could organize the CSS ourselves, with the whole custom aspect the games were going for.
Right? I always said that the 3DS version should have allowed a custom CSS.
While the idea of all my mains being side by side is enticing though, I'd probably just use it to properly arrange the series.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That's what I was thinking, perhaps they'd finally rearrange the screen to keep all the characters grouped with their series. Guess we'll find out in a few more hours.
The text order indicates that this is not going to happen.

Brilliant! Simply brilliant!
Except...then it would be confusing if you played your friend's copy. Not very good game design IMO.

Right? I always said that the 3DS version should have allowed a custom CSS.
While the idea of all my mains being side by side is enticing though, I'd probably just use it to properly arrange the series.
3DS could work.

Oh. can someone give me a link then?
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org:+6697&channel=#SmashLeaks

In that case, I wish I could customize the main menus. Trying to navigate that thing is a nightmare! Even after owning the game this long, I still accidentally click freakin' Smash Tour from time to time. Can I please just delete it???
I wish the icons had touch capability.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think it would be inconvenient to be able to rearrange the CSS on the Wii U version, but on the 3DS it would work because it's a personal system.
Anybody in the irc now?

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i after thinking about it im going to make some predictions for this direct

1 ryu and roy will share a trailer (the sf4 "here comes a new challenger!!!" text will make an apperance)
2 we will see more than what was leaked
(unless they take 10 minutes to talk about the mii costumes because it shouldnt take them 20 minutes to show off whats been leaked)
3 roy will continue to be an amazing character

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

1 ryu and roy will share a trailer (the sf4 "here comes a new challenger!!!" text will make an apperance)
2 we will see more than what was leaked
(unless they take 10 minutes to talk about the mii costumes because i shouldnt take them 20 minutes to show off whats been leaked)
Even then, talking about Mii Costumes shouldn't take long.... :glare:

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

2 we will see more than what was leaked :wolf:
(unless they take 10 minutes to talk about the mii costumes because i shouldnt take them 20 minutes to show off whats been leaked)
*Fixed* Also I'm going to try and go to bed.

Shroob

Sup?
Until Star Fox WiiU gets a proper unveiling, I doubt we'll see Wolf, which is why he's a safer bet come Tuesday than tomorrow imo.

That, or they'd wait until a special 'Star Fox WiiU' direct to announce him ala the Splatoon costumes.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I've been on the forum for a year now.

Man, time flies. Been a great year to be on Smashboards.

D

Deleted member

If the 3DS version leaks the last 2 dlc characters in the original batch of 6, I can't help but feel like that heads will roll.
Considering what happened yesterday, I would not be the least surprised if we find out about the last two DLC characters assuming they're both pre-ballot.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just messed my sleep schedule all the way the **** up.

Direct, here we come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom