• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So do you think it'll start with Sakurai's face? Or will be see the slashing fire for Roy/Ryu? I'm really curious how this will be layed out.
Ryu trailer in the start.
Discussion on how he works (button mechanics)
Stage and Mii Costumes.
Ryu shown off
Quick discussion on his changes
Hint at next character??? they might wait. Theoretically three characters would have kept everyone happy for awhile.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
@ TheAnvil TheAnvil
Then, let's say Sakurai WILL show off another character. ^^ Which one do you think is the most likely, and why?

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97
He'll reveal Porky playable and all will be well.
Wolf. Purely because he's the most likely veteran out of what's left and I find another newcomer so soon to be quite unlikely. The timing is right what with Star Fox being formally shown at E3.

I'd just imagine it to be a short Lucas-like trailer after a segway from Star Fox's reveal.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Wolf. Purely because he's the most likely veteran out of what's left and I find another newcomer so soon to be quite unlikely. The timing is right what with Star Fox being formally shown at E3.

I'd just imagine it to be a short Lucas-like trailer after a segway from Star Fox's reveal.
i think 1 more newcomer is possible i mean there's 5 monthes before october and we really have no idea how long it's taking them to complete a character.For all we know roy and ryu were done in april and they just did all of the balancing in may.Unlikely but its still a possiblity

Last edited by a moderator:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
We could, but I don't much see the point. The mods might not like an extra thread for the sake of an extra thread?
Twas just a thought, it cold be where we do all our reactions.
And after the direct it closes and only re-opens when the next direct comes along so this thread isn't to cluttered.
But I do see where your coming from.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
IT IS UPON US! WE GET TO SEE OUR LORD AND SAVIOURS FACE ONCE AGAIN. ALL HAIL SAKURAI.

I'm really pumped for this Direct. Sure, it's been spoiled, but it's like old times! I hope he mentions the ballot. Or hints at more returning veterans! I think Roy and Ryu is probably all we'll get, but even a model tease like with Mewtwo would be cool!

And I want to hear more about DLC stages!!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
i think 1 more newcomer is possible i mean there's 5 monthes before october and we really have no idea how long it's taking them to complete a character.For all we know roy and ryu were done in april and they just did all of the balancing in may.Unlikely but its still a possiblity
I'm not saying that newcomer isn't possible before the ballot ends. But considering Ryu isn't een announced yet, I doubt we'll get one at E3.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Good morning all, woke up two hours early for some reason. After the direct I gotta make a stop at GameStop to pick up an eshop card, so I can buy the dlc.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seeing Sakurai explaining it.
Is a lot better than anything a leak can do.
I like when he explains to us why he did this and why he did that. Most people seem to give the man hate for his choices, but he's always great at explaining them, IMO.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Bought an eShop card as well today in case Sakurai releases Lucas, Roy and Ryu all at once. (And anything else that may be of interest)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I meant what would the be the alternative to releasing the characters. Why wouldn't they release them all at once?
Oh I meant if for any reason he decides to spread their release a little or something. But considering they look all more or less finished. I hope they are all released today.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
the argument that any vet should not return is gone, not because its roy
but because they updated roys moveset
I think its safe to say that we wont have any major brawl pit -> 4 pit changes, at best brawl falco -> 4 falco changes

Also, I finished this during the IRC chat, it took a while but I think it ended up OK (ignoring how they are all different sizes, i dont have the time for that)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well guys it's slightly over an hour and 1/4 until the presentation.

I'm probably not gonna post on here for a while. Gonna play some Smash until the presentation, watch the presentation, then play the DLC.

D

Deleted member

Is it possible to watch streams on the Wii U? Also, is there already a link for the stream?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well guys it's slightly over an hour and 1/4 until the presentation.

I'm probably not gonna post on here for a while. Gonna play some Smash until the presentation, watch the presentation, then play the DLC.
Wanna play online until then?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've done all the errands I needed to do for today, so it's just playing the waiting game for me too. I guess I'll probably watch something or play a few matches with someone in order to pass the time too.... :/

Or I could just continue working on my project but I'm not really feeling it today....:4shulk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom