• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was just snooping around on Reddit and found it. There's no source for the image which led me to believe it was fake, but I just posted it here in case something developed.
Yeah, unfortunately sounds fake. Still, it's very well done. I'd be interested to hear if anything else was found about its origins.

At last the days of True Blue Warrior are over. (maybe)

This kind of a big deal though, I've been a Young Link supporter who's been defending him for quite a long time. Probably the only defenders alongside TheAnvil
As I said, I know it's a big deal, there are just ways to express it that are less of an eyesore.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, unfortunately sounds fake. Still, it's very well done. I'd be interested to hear if anything else was found about its origins.

As I said, I know it's a big deal, there are just ways to express it that are less of an eyesore.
You mean like animated gifs?
That takes time. :<
(I understand)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You mean like animated gifs?
That takes time. :<
(I understand)
I mean more like words and sentences, a mass of animated gifs would probably be better avoided too :p

Tried to do a search by image on Google using this trophy but didn't come up with anything. :/ Too bad, I was hoping it'd lead me to something of interest maybe helping prove/disprove it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
No way I'm doing a mass of gifs, I usually just do one.

Regardless, that looks like a very Smash quality trophy, on par with the other Smash character trophies in the game, that looks pretty real.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dunno, it looks like the Hyrule Warriors model.
The equipment is original though. He doesn't have a sheath in HW, I jus checked.
Also, I was wrong, his sheath matches the one in Ocarina of Time.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
No way I'm doing a mass of gifs, I usually just do one.

Regardless, that looks like a very Smash quality trophy, on par with the other Smash character trophies in the game, that looks pretty real.
It's 99.9999999% fake.
It's not in the files/ text.
RandomTalkingBush would have posted it if it was in the files, as all the trophies are grouped together.
I didn't see it when I was snooping around the text.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
It's 99.9999999% fake.
RandomTalkingBush would have posted it if it was in the files, as all the trophies are grouped together.
Did you ever list the characters (and stages) that had changes made to them?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Did you ever list the characters (and stages) that had changes made to them?
Not yet. I'll probably post it after the Direct. Since Nintendo is issuing copyright claims, I don't want to make myself (more of) a target, just in case. Probably nothing to worry about since I did the whole datamining thing in the original version, but still.

(Also RandomTalkingBush hasn't heard anything yet either)

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Young Link looks like a malicious serial killer

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I've been sharing this with all the social groups I frequent, and god damn it I need people to see it to make my time working on this worth it, enjoy:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It's only been less than 20 minutes since it's been posted.
We need to look at it a bit more, just saying, this much more high quality than Artsy Omni's Rayman leak, I can tell.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Not yet. I'll probably post it after the Direct. Since Nintendo is issuing copyright claims, I don't want to make myself (more of) a target, just in case. Probably nothing to worry about since I did the whole datamining thing in the original version, but still.

(Also RandomTalkingBush hasn't heard anything yet either)
Ah, gotcha. No problem.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We need to look at it a bit more, just saying.
Blue, you're on the same level of the Ridley deniers here.

It's fake, just move on.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
We need to look at it a bit more, just saying.
It's 99.9999999% fake.
Guys, you can see some background effect the guy who made this didn't fully delete. It's fake.

We've been looking at it. If this was any other character, you would think it's fake.
Where did this magical trophy come from if it's not in the update?
Source: some guy's copy of GIMP or Photoshop.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'll go sleep and see what happens tomorrow, tell me guys if you found a Pichu trophy soon. :L
I'll just keep low expectation since you guys told me so.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
We need to look at it a bit more, just saying, this much more high quality than Artsy Omni's Rayman leak, I can tell.
You can see the background where they didn't completely erase it. Also, the feet don't sit very well on the base. I'd also say the base and character quality are different and blatantly from different sources. I got that from just looking at it for a couple seconds. I'd bet actual money it's fake.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i skipped every post from page 54 until the Royu trailers came out and read everything since then. AMAZING JOB on the article @ PushDustIn PushDustIn @Spazzy_D and @DMurr I can't wait for the Smash direct. Hopefully in addition to Lucas, we get Roy and Ryu tomorrow. And a tease at more DLC that wasn't in the files. Like Wolf. I think we can all agree he's inevitable at this point, yes?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just realised that All Star mode is about to become way harder with 3 more characters and I struggle beating it now. Humph.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So i skipped every post from page 54 until the Royu trailers came out and read everything since then. AMAZING JOB on the article @ PushDustIn PushDustIn @Spazzy_D and @DMurr I can't wait for the Smash direct. Hopefully in addition to Lucas, we get Roy and Ryu tomorrow. And a tease at more DLC that wasn't in the files. Like Wolf. I think we can all agree he's inevitable at this point, yes?
For Wolf, the real question has always been "when?" :)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Okay guys, i've been reading this like all day trying to catch up, but now it's 12:43am where i am. Going to "time travel" to 10:30am via sleeping. I'll catch you all later!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom