• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 7.0 - Welcome Back, Folks!

Who's the best Mario?

• Total voters

Dan

Smash Lord
Sunburned Albino started some **** about Mario Party getting online boards and I haven't been able to find a trace of it... anyone hear anything?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
hello everyone so E3 is soon what is everyone hoping to see
New Wario Land hopefully with Waluigi in it
New Paper Mario that goes back to the style of TTYD and the original
A Smash character that surprises us all and has not been leaked (unlikely to happen but still hopeful)
Maybe a couple new Pokemon from the Sword and Shield demo
Star Fox Grand Prix
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Luigi's Mansion 3 is more similar to the first then Dark Moon

Anyone of those things or perhaps several of them happening would be nice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
hello everyone so E3 is soon what is everyone hoping to see
Quest 64 Revival(never said realism is here)
Steve(or Fulgore) and Slime Smash reveals
F-Zero Revival
Animal Crossing Switch information

Can't think of anything more, really.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Whoa, new thread!

How's it going all? I'm currently trying to not go crazy in my first week of grad school here. At the same time, in shock that my father's cancer has returned after eleven years.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo's doing their Pre-E3 tournament thing today, so I'm gonna watch it. I'm not expecting anything new to be announced, but who knows maybe things will be different this year?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo's doing their Pre-E3 tournament thing today, so I'm gonna watch it. I'm not expecting anything new to be announced, but who knows maybe things will be different this year?
Last year's Splatoon tournament revealed the Octo Expansion's release date as well as the Octoling amiibo set.

But I'm 30-70 on a Smash reveal today

Dan

Smash Lord
This is the first E3 in a long time I'm not expecting anything, Nintendo or not; I know they're going to show the games I'm interested in like Luigi's Mansion, but my heavy hitters like Smash and Kingdom Hearts 3 (an E3 mainstay for years) are already out. Well the murmurs of Banjo (Smash and otherwise) are getting me excited, and even the fact the Simpsons are getting a panel (if it's game-related I will cream), but this is the first E3 in a while where I don't even have the bar set low; I have no bar at all.

There's also that Zelda-styled fox game Tunic which looked absolutely incredibly last year, so anything more on that would be amazing.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Guess I was sorta right? We basically got and announcement of an announcement type of thing for Smash. I've seen some debate over whether they'll show 1 or 2 new fighters, and I guess the announcement we got narrowed it down to 1. Also we got Splatoon 2 news on the final Splatfest and a new update.

Last year's Splatoon tournament revealed the Octo Expansion's release date as well as the Octoling amiibo set.

Yeah... probably should've specified I was only referring to the Smash tournaments Nintendo holds.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
THat's why Part of me feels we're going to get one of the following

- One new character announced and released
- Two new characters announced and released
- One character announced; another released

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't think they'll have a new character ready just yet with how long Joker took, but probably soon; a definite way to capitalize on E3 is to have one character ready and another announced though.

It will be wild if they show someone other than Banjo or Erdrick, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Banjo and he has more of a presence there than just Smash (most likely a new game on Xbox One and Switch, and maybe Rare Replay on Switch to capitalize on every single opportunity).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Amusingly enough, the big reveal was the final Splatfest. What a shock, right. :p

I mean, E3's right around the corner, Smash stuff is best saved for that.

I don't think they'll have a new character ready just yet with how long Joker took, but probably soon; a definite way to capitalize on E3 is to have one character ready and another announced though.

It will be wild if they show someone other than Banjo or Erdrick, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Banjo and he has more of a presence there than just Smash (most likely a new game on Xbox One and Switch, and maybe Rare Replay on Switch to capitalize on every single opportunity).
They just need to announce the character in question, no one's saying a gameplay trailer is in the cards.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Going to talk a little about the probably legit E3 leak that's going around.

A new WarioWare is kinda disappointing to me since that means we likely aren't getting a new Wario Land which is what I really wanted. If the New WarioWare had Waluigi as a character that would be awesome but I think it's much more likely we'd get Waluigi in Wario Land before WarioWare. A new 2D Metroid sounds awesome though. Hopefully it's an original game by the guys behind Samus Returns.

Dan

Smash Lord
A new WarioWare and 2D Metroid sounds just like the recipe for boredom Nintendo would show at an E3. :tired: That and some padding on Luigi's Mansion, AC and the other games we already know about sounds about right, as well as a joint effort between Nintendo and Microsoft to reveal Banjo for Smash. After today I'm having a hard time believing he's getting a new game, and it'll probably be Rare Replay or just a Banjo port to Switch at most (if anything).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And so, we finally get to see the Basement reveal animated. The wait is finally over!

Unlike the other episodes, this one adapts only one chapter with only the first few pages of the next few chapter, and it makes sense considering the few pages of the next pages were put into the post credits follow the big secret Grisha wanted his son to learn about when the time was right.

Most of the filler scenes added here added to the story in a neat way. It really hammered the feeling of Eren and Mikasa returning to their hometown, only now do they really see how much it changed from when they were kids. I liked the scene transitions from the empty streets to the flashbacks of bustling shopping districts and an active town plaza where we see Hannes playing cards with his fellow soldiers. It does quite a good job hammering that feeling of returning to a home you lost. The same can also be said for that added scene of Mikasa accidentally knocking over a mug and remembering how it was the same mug she gave to Grisha before he had to work overnight during her childhood; it was the feeling of old memories coming back to her.

Really, the best way to describe this episode is "atmospheric," because that's what it tries to convey.

The way how Grisha's voice slowly begins to speak over Hange's voice until we hear only Grisha during the "Humanity hasn't perished" revelation was also a nice touch and definitely makes a good segway for what's to come in the next few episodes.

And speaking of that revelation, yep, it is that fact: humanity isn't extinct at all, and technology of that other civilization is quite advanced to the point that they have photography, coffee (remember the "black-colored drink" that "smelled so good?" Yep, it's coffee alright), baseball (Zeke's baseball references make a lot of sense now), and even herring cans (remember the dialogue between Ymir and Reiner when she found herring cans in Castle Utgard and was able to read the language on the can? No doubt those cans came from the other world). We also learn that Grisha is from that other, more advanced civilization! He wrote three books all about it, and in them, we will learn the entire truth regarding the nature and history of the AoT world! The acoustic music that plays when we first see Grisha's town was great and fits the atmosphere perfectly!

Also, Faye Yeager, Grisha's younger sister, is a lot more adorable in the anime! She sounds so innocent and sweet!

Just seeing Faye being cute at the post-credits scene also pained me, because I know her fate next weapon, and it won't be pretty. In fact, I have a feeling the anime is going to make her death sting quite hard.

Speaking of manga spoilers, this guy that Grisha bumps into while running with Faye to see the blimp:

Is confirmed to indeed Tom Xaver, the same person that was the previous Beast Titan and Zeke's close mentor while the latter was growing up! The credits in today's episode list "Xaver," and considering this was the only other person who got a speaking line in the post-credits scene AND he looks a lot like Tom Xaver... well, it's great to finally have official confirmation on this.

Looking forward to watching next week's episode! Learning Grisha's backstory was one of the biggest highlights of AoT for me so far, and I can't wait to see it all animated!

I'm especially looking forward to seeing my man Kruger (pictured right)! Didn't expect his hair to have lighter brown tone, but I think it suits him.

Dan

Smash Lord
who knows what tomorrow will have in store for us,
Sabi.

Edit: You know, 40 minutes really isn't that much... it depends on how much they pussyfoot around (which is usually a lot), but there is a chance we already have a general idea of everything that is gonna happen tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I'll be working through it, and then I get a break right as it ends for 15 minutes to catch up on it.

For some reason, I can't even remember watching E3 when I was in school (class of '12). Has it always pretty much been designed for when kids are out of school? Was it even live-streamed during my era? I don't think Directs were around back then... I don't think I've ever watched a Nintendo E3 presentation live once in my life.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Howdy y'all, just posted a new thread for E3 Nintendo Direct discussion. We decided to throw it in Ultimate General instead of here because it's at the top of the forum listing and easier to access. Trying to force all discussion on the Nintendo Direct there rather than here may be impossible, but here ya go:

https://smashboards.com/threads/e3-nintendo-direct-discussion-thread.484824/

Feel free to keep socializing about other E3 conferences and such here, only worried about the NIntendo stuff. Thank you for your cooperation!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ivander Ivander @Shishœ

I'll be honest: I've been rather inactive with F/GO lately because there haven't been any new notable servants that interested me, and I was quite busy with other life commitments to the point I didn't play F/GO much these past few weeks.

Today, I learned normal Tamamo got a rate-up during the Onigashima event that same day, and so I decided to try pulling her. I went in with 12 Summoning Tickets and 104 Saint Quartz.

12 Tickets didn't get me much other than my third Emiya, so I decided to use 30 of my SQz to go for the 10-round summons.

First summon from it: a common 4-star CE. "Welp, there went my 4-star," I thought.

Third summon from it: the 4-star event CE for the current event. "Umm, okay," I thought.

And then the Fifth summon:

>Screen has the most sparkling gold effect I have ever seen.

>It's a golden Caster card.

>Who the golden Caster card turned out to be:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAMAMO FINALLY CAME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamamo, you don't know how long I've been trying to pull you! I've been trying to pull you since the day you appeared in F/GO in the first Halloween event! Sure your summer version managed to respond to my summoning call last summer, but you kept avoiding me as your original self. In times when you had your rate up, you seemed to evade me. It looks like today, June 10, 2019, is the day you finally found me worthy, and I will forever cherish the day!

And with that, the grind to raise Tamamo begins! Pulling normal Tamamo at long last has given me the motivation necessary to grind for those EXP cards so that I can level Tamamo up faster (and I'm definitely going to grail her for sure too)!

It also means I'm further stuck in Forbidden Page hell, because just like Waver and Merlin, she too needs A LOT of pages to bring out her full potential! Welp, all the more reason to grind!

Welcome home, Tamamo! It's truly honor to finally have your original self on my team! I've waited so long for this day!

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Banjo in Smash is another dream come true. Truly this is the Ultimate Smash game.

...now if they could add another Zelda character that would be nice...

Top Bottom