• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 7.0 - Welcome Back, Folks!

Who's the best Mario?

• Total voters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That reminds me. When I do my full Pokemon hack, full artwork of all the characters should be done. Redone too. Probably a good two boxarts. Haven't figured out the exact designs of the boxes, though. One should star Leviadragn, while the other starts Manticorn, respectively. So they're a Blue and Green design. Raigekko would be the third Legendary, who deals with both, and that's more of a Yellow. It's a hack of Ruby/Sapphire, to clarify. Manticorn is a counterpart to Groudon, with Leviadragn being a counterpart to Kyogre. Raigekko is obvious who its a counterpart to.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*emerges from his cave*

OMGWTFBBQ BOTW2 CONFIRMED!!!!
Banjo Kazooie confirmed!!!
Dark Samus amiibo!!
Witcher 3 is coming to Switch!
Spyro Trilogy coming to Switch!
Nessa is bae!
Sableye has a new baby brother and I want one!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pisses me off that Nessa threads devolve into race wars

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I already talked at length what was revealed in Chapters 86 and 87 back when they first came out years ago, so I don't feel the need to repeat myself regarding what was revealed here. It was definitely mind-blowing stuff to get all this world-building info for sure!

For a dialogue-heavy episode, It felt pretty fast in terms of pacing, but I guess that what's happens when you pack two of such chapters into one episode. Some dialogue was cut, but most of it was was just superfluous stuff that made sense to cut out. I kinda wish they kept some of the lines regarding the Warrior program as we see it being introduced here like how the Warriors' family members will become "Honorary Marleyans," but at least Grisha does cover some of the main points in the narration (not to mention the next arc really shows the Warrior program in action when we see Reiner's backstory). There was also a line where the Marleyan newbie soldier said "Still, doing that to an 8-year old is just cruel, even if she was an Eldian," which helped at least show a Marleyan that was able to see the wrong in what Gross did.

They also censored out the gore of Grisha's torture here. Rather than cutting straight to Grisha getting tortured after we see him and Dina being arrested like the Manga did, the anime cuts to the scene where Kruger takes Grisha to Paradis, and as the two begin their conversation, we see Grisha's hands, bloodied from having no fingers, then cutting to the torture scene without showing the Marleyan soldiers cutting his fingers. I don't blame WIT Studio for going this route though: it was quite a grizzly scene in the manga showing the nit and gritty how the torture went down. We also see Kruger standing on the side and watching the torture in this adaptation, a change from the manga where he walked in and had a monologue about how dangerous it is they still don't know who the Owl is (he does mention about how the Restorationists tried to talk with Marley's enemy to the East, so it was a line left out in the adaptation here, but considering the next season delves into this more, I can see why this was cut).

On a different note, Grisha's VA knocked it out of the park here, especially during the scene when he is at the top of the wall watching his fellow Eldian Restorationists and his wife getting turned into Titans!

Now THAT really sounds like someone who is horrified and devastated at his close friends and wife receiving such brutal punishments!

The scene that follows afterward with Gross delivering his speech about the satisfaction of people getting eaten was delivered pretty well, and it was also quite haunting. Gross staring straight into the camera that was zooming in made it look like he was talking to the audience! He pretty much spoke about the actual satisfaction people from watching gore and violence! Considering Isayama requested the scene to be framed that way for the big screen, the way how the speech was portrayed in this adaptation made it feel even more like a social commentary of sorts!

And I can't forget about Kruger's big reveal with him being the Owl AND a Titan Shifter!

Damn, the anime made this scene much more epic than in the manga!

Next week's episode is something I am looking forward to, as it adapts the chapter when Kruger became one of my favorite characters in the series!

It's also the episode where we'll see Historia again!

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I've been making my way through the Sun and Moon anime recently. Trying to catch up before Galar begins.

I don't think all the hate it gets is deserved, though I do have my gripes with it. The biggest annoyance for me is the complete shift they did to Ash's character and personality from Kalos to Alola. He's hardly even the same guy anymore. Another problem is the music is really bad and generic in this one imo. Finished the Lusamine rescue arc not too long ago and I thought it was ridiculous that generic Alola school day theme was playing when they were fighting Nihilego.

I do kinda like how it's not a journey this time though. Minor characters that would be one offs in any other series make reoccurring appearances in the Sun and Moon anime. That's probably an unpopular opinion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I finally came up with some fox mons for my hack;

Kyuben(Fairy) > Retikyule(Fairy) Basically a more cube-like one turning into a rounder-like one. Nice and simple for the names too. Types aren't final just yet.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I've been making my way through the Sun and Moon anime recently. Trying to catch up before Galar begins.

I don't think all the hate it gets is deserved, though I do have my gripes with it. The biggest annoyance for me is the complete shift they did to Ash's character and personality from Kalos to Alola. He's hardly even the same guy anymore. Another problem is the music is really bad and generic in this one imo. Finished the Lusamine rescue arc not too long ago and I thought it was ridiculous that generic Alola school day theme was playing when they were fighting Nihilego.

I do kinda like how it's not a journey this time though. Minor characters that would be one offs in any other series make reoccurring appearances in the Sun and Moon anime. That's probably an unpopular opinion.
honestly kalos ash was just generic shonen protagonist he even got a "super sayin" with ash greninja

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It was so great to finally see my man Eren Kruger get the spotlight on the big screen after a near two-and-half year wait! Though this was the first episode this season where I felt more bothered with the cuts, and that's mainly because I am a huge fan of Eren Kruger's character and I felt like he had some key lines that were cut (as well as one moment from Historia that was originally supposed to appear in the last arc, but I had a feeling the anime adaptation would put in this episode after cutting it there; more on that later).

One of the lines I noticed the anime adaptation removed from the source material was how the doctor who helped Kruger bypass the blood tests to infiltrate Marley's military was an Eldian just like him. It was a nice little detail that helped give some context as to why "doctors are good spies" as Kruger mentioned, especially when said doctor managed to falsify his own blood test information to become a Marleyan doctor. Perhaps the line was cut because Isayama still hasn't answered the question as to who this doctor is in the manga (Tom Xaver perhaps), so maybe it wasn't too important. Alas, I thought it was a nice little detail.

They also removed some of Kruger's lines where he emphasizes things regarding family. One of which was the "If you knew about the 13 year curse, you never would've sent Zeke to that Warrior program." Perhaps it was superfluous, but I think Kruger made a point about why he didn't mention it until both him and Grisha were on the wall. The real family line from Kruger that was sadly missing was this page from the manga. This point emphasized by Kruger helps sympathize Grisha's dad by highlighting his perspective on what happened following Faye's death, and it also exemplifies Kruger's point at the end of the episode how Grisha can repeat the same mistakes like he jeopardized the Restorationists because he should've loved his family more.

The other Kruger lines that I wish were there were the details regarding how Eldians did use Pure Titans as weapons of mass destruction like Gross mentioned and the reason why Marleyans have been keeping Eldians in the internment zone for so long is because it gives them another Pure Titan they can use in their military forces (whether it'd be on Paradis to prevent the Walldians from venturing outside the walls or to use them against enemy forces in war). Well, other moments in the next two arcs emphasize these points, so I guess I can let those missing lines from this episode slide.

With what we got in this episode, I still felt happy seeing Kruger on screen! The way he encourages Grisha to carry on the legacy of his mission was great stuff! There are so many good lines Kruger makes, but my favorite has to be this one:

"There is no such thing as truth in this world. Anyone can become a god or a devil. All it takes is for someone to claim that to be the truth."

Damn, such a philosophical yet very true quote! Kinda makes you think about how countries like to twist history into their own perspective and propagandas like in text books.

We also learned the bombshell reveal from him that Titan Shifters only have 13 years left to live the moment they become one, and that is the downside to having such powers. That means Eren currently only has 8 years left to live and Armin has just 13 years left to make the most of his life. If no one inherits a Titan Shifter's power when their time is up, a random Eldian infant will inherit it instead through the metaphysical paths that link all Eldians together!

Speaking of paths, I really like how the anime incorporated the starry sky with the galaxy streak in the sky that was present in Ymir's flashback and one of the recent chapters in the manga during the scene when Eren explains it to Armin. It's a great way of giving readers the confirmation that little bit we saw of Ymir back then was indeed paths at work!

This panel from the manga in the anime also looked pretty good here:

The faint bit of the jail wall on the right helps show how Eren is reliving the memories of his dad, or perhaps in this case Kruger's as the way the shot is framed suggests. The same can also be said for how Eren's chin looks a bit more pronounced similar to Kruger's, as if Eren's image was plastered over Kruger while still keeping most of Kruger's frame in tact.

I also can't forget this epic moment: the epic name drop of Eren's Titan form!

"Sono na ha: Shingeki no Kyojin." ("It's name is: The Attack Titan!")

Such a powerful moment! I'm glad the anime-online finally understand the name "Shingeki no Kyojin" has a dual meaning now. On one hand, it refers to the idea of humanity fighting against Titans, hence "Attack on Titan," but in actuality, the name of the series is referring to the name of Eren's Titan power that his father and Kruger had: the Attack Titan!

Most of Chapter 89 was adapted pretty well. I am not surprised the anime adaptation cut out Ymir narrating her life story in her letter since the anime already included that bit from Chapter 89 in Season 2, but I was surprised to see the anime-only addition of Historia touching the letter and being able to see Ymir's life story. Makes sense that Historia was able to have a moment like this considering something similar happened when she killed her dad at the end of the last arc (especially since she has royal blood), but here, the anime also adds the same starry sky that was shown earlier, confirming its the Paths that are at work in showing Historia these memories. We even see a moment that is revealed about in Ymir in the next arc as well, so it looks like...

Ymir's death is confirmed earlier in the anime compared to the manga.

Following that, I kinda wish Eren looked a bit more like in the manga after Historia gently told him and his friends they didn't have to address her as "Your Majesty" yet:

I mean, when comparing the two, you can still see the anime making Eren look friendly following her words, but I think the way Isayama drew that smile in the manga looked more wholesome.

Still, the anime does capture Eren and HIstoria's bond quite well here. They perfectly adapted Eren realizing how the reason he was able to use the Founding Titan's power in Season 2 was because the Titan that he touched had royal blood, now that we know the Smiling Titan was Dina Fritz, followed with his whole monologue regarding how he doesn't want to tell the other military officials about this information yet because he is worried they might turn Historia into a Titan if they learn it. That shows how much he cares about her if he'll do anything to prevent her from becoming a Titan.

And of course, just seeing best girl Historia again is always a wonderful sight!

Though when Hange revealed what the "Vow Renoucing War" is that prevents the Founding Titan's power from being easily used by a non-royal, I was expecting the anime was going to include the missing flashback where Frieda Reiss scolds Historia for getting the splinter because she went pass the fence. That scene showed King Fritz overtaking Frieda, causing her eyes to change color and leading her to scold Historia; that scene was also the other of the two flashbacks that convinced Historia to question her dad regarding why none of the royals have bothered to fight against the enemy over the years, but the anime removed that particular flashback. We briefly see the same scene again here, but with Frieda crying because of the guilt she feels from letting the Vow overtake her at that moment. I thought this was where WIT Studio would put that flashback since it follows the panel showing Historia's eyes (as if she remembers that moment), but alas, it wasn't incorporated here. Oh well.

The last scene with Kruger about to turn Grisha into a Titan was adapted quite well. Gotta love how the anime-onlies will finally have their mind blown when they see Kruger name dropping Mikasa and Armin's names despite him and Grisha not knowing who they are at this point in time. It's paths at work (either Grisha or Eren sending a message to Kruger to relay those words at that precise moment)! I also admit I got a bit emotional hearing the ending theme playing during the entirety of the scene. The music fits the moment quite well!

Not the best episode in the adaptation department, but it was a solid episode that still delivered with some really cool scenes!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
whats your fellas favorite album/song/music piece

listening to my all-time favorite bangers rn

1561355439319.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
Getting ready for camp work in July, so I'm over at my grandparents to prepare.

But yeah, even when it's not active, I still come here to watch over the thread.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i bought another ****ing car baby

now im in real crippling debt

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It was so great to finally see my man Eren Kruger get the spotlight on the big screen after a near two-and-half year wait! Though this was the first episode this season where I felt more bothered with the cuts, and that's mainly because I am a huge fan of Eren Kruger's character and I felt like he had some key lines that were cut (as well as one moment from Historia that was originally supposed to appear in the last arc, but I had a feeling the anime adaptation would put in this episode after cutting it there; more on that later).

One of the lines I noticed the anime adaptation removed from the source material was how the doctor who helped Kruger bypass the blood tests to infiltrate Marley's military was an Eldian just like him. It was a nice little detail that helped give some context as to why "doctors are good spies" as Kruger mentioned, especially when said doctor managed to falsify his own blood test information to become a Marleyan doctor. Perhaps the line was cut because Isayama still hasn't answered the question as to who this doctor is in the manga (Tom Xaver perhaps), so maybe it wasn't too important. Alas, I thought it was a nice little detail.

They also removed some of Kruger's lines where he emphasizes things regarding family. One of which was the "If you knew about the 13 year curse, you never would've sent Zeke to that Warrior program." Perhaps it was superfluous, but I think Kruger made a point about why he didn't mention it until both him and Grisha were on the wall. The real family line from Kruger that was sadly missing was this page from the manga. This point emphasized by Kruger helps sympathize Grisha's dad by highlighting his perspective on what happened following Faye's death, and it also exemplifies Kruger's point at the end of the episode how Grisha can repeat the same mistakes like he jeopardized the Restorationists because he should've loved his family more.

The other Kruger lines that I wish were there were the details regarding how Eldians did use Pure Titans as weapons of mass destruction like Gross mentioned and the reason why Marleyans have been keeping Eldians in the internment zone for so long is because it gives them another Pure Titan they can use in their military forces (whether it'd be on Paradis to prevent the Walldians from venturing outside the walls or to use them against enemy forces in war). Well, other moments in the next two arcs emphasize these points, so I guess I can let those missing lines from this episode slide.

With what we got in this episode, I still felt happy seeing Kruger on screen! The way he encourages Grisha to carry on the legacy of his mission was great stuff! There are so many good lines Kruger makes, but my favorite has to be this one:

"There is no such thing as truth in this world. Anyone can become a god or a devil. All it takes is for someone to claim that to be the truth."

Damn, such a philosophical yet very true quote! Kinda makes you think about how countries like to twist history into their own perspective and propagandas like in text books.

We also learned the bombshell reveal from him that Titan Shifters only have 13 years left to live the moment they become one, and that is the downside to having such powers. That means Eren currently only has 8 years left to live and Armin has just 13 years left to make the most of his life. If no one inherits a Titan Shifter's power when their time is up, a random Eldian infant will inherit it instead through the metaphysical paths that link all Eldians together!

Speaking of paths, I really like how the anime incorporated the starry sky with the galaxy streak in the sky that was present in Ymir's flashback and one of the recent chapters in the manga during the scene when Eren explains it to Armin. It's a great way of giving readers the confirmation that little bit we saw of Ymir back then was indeed paths at work!

This panel from the manga in the anime also looked pretty good here:

The faint bit of the jail wall on the right helps show how Eren is reliving the memories of his dad, or perhaps in this case Kruger's as the way the shot is framed suggests. The same can also be said for how Eren's chin looks a bit more pronounced similar to Kruger's, as if Eren's image was plastered over Kruger while still keeping most of Kruger's frame in tact.

I also can't forget this epic moment: the epic name drop of Eren's Titan form!

"Sono na ha: Shingeki no Kyojin." ("It's name is: The Attack Titan!")

Such a powerful moment! I'm glad the anime-online finally understand the name "Shingeki no Kyojin" has a dual meaning now. On one hand, it refers to the idea of humanity fighting against Titans, hence "Attack on Titan," but in actuality, the name of the series is referring to the name of Eren's Titan power that his father and Kruger had: the Attack Titan!

Most of Chapter 89 was adapted pretty well. I am not surprised the anime adaptation cut out Ymir narrating her life story in her letter since the anime already included that bit from Chapter 89 in Season 2, but I was surprised to see the anime-only addition of Historia touching the letter and being able to see Ymir's life story. Makes sense that Historia was able to have a moment like this considering something similar happened when she killed her dad at the end of the last arc (especially since she has royal blood), but here, the anime also adds the same starry sky that was shown earlier, confirming its the Paths that are at work in showing Historia these memories. We even see a moment that is revealed about in Ymir in the next arc as well, so it looks like...

Ymir's death is confirmed earlier in the anime compared to the manga.

Following that, I kinda wish Eren looked a bit more like in the manga after Historia gently told him and his friends they didn't have to address her as "Your Majesty" yet:

I mean, when comparing the two, you can still see the anime making Eren look friendly following her words, but I think the way Isayama drew that smile in the manga looked more wholesome.

Still, the anime does capture Eren and HIstoria's bond quite well here. They perfectly adapted Eren realizing how the reason he was able to use the Founding Titan's power in Season 2 was because the Titan that he touched had royal blood, now that we know the Smiling Titan was Dina Fritz, followed with his whole monologue regarding how he doesn't want to tell the other military officials about this information yet because he is worried they might turn Historia into a Titan if they learn it. That shows how much he cares about her if he'll do anything to prevent her from becoming a Titan.

And of course, just seeing best girl Historia again is always a wonderful sight!

Though when Hange revealed what the "Vow Renoucing War" is that prevents the Founding Titan's power from being easily used by a non-royal, I was expecting the anime was going to include the missing flashback where Frieda Reiss scolds Historia for getting the splinter because she went pass the fence. That scene showed King Fritz overtaking Frieda, causing her eyes to change color and leading her to scold Historia; that scene was also the other of the two flashbacks that convinced Historia to question her dad regarding why none of the royals have bothered to fight against the enemy over the years, but the anime removed that particular flashback. We briefly see the same scene again here, but with Frieda crying because of the guilt she feels from letting the Vow overtake her at that moment. I thought this was where WIT Studio would put that flashback since it follows the panel showing Historia's eyes (as if she remembers that moment), but alas, it wasn't incorporated here. Oh well.

The last scene with Kruger about to turn Grisha into a Titan was adapted quite well. Gotta love how the anime-onlies will finally have their mind blown when they see Kruger name dropping Mikasa and Armin's names despite him and Grisha not knowing who they are at this point in time. It's paths at work (either Grisha or Eren sending a message to Kruger to relay those words at that precise moment)! I also admit I got a bit emotional hearing the ending theme playing during the entirety of the scene. The music fits the moment quite well!

Not the best episode in the adaptation department, but it was a solid episode that still delivered with some really cool scenes!
Random popping into the thread to say that this episode was a banger, and I'm thrilled to finally have seen this arc animated. It was done so well!

I'm very excited to see where they go with the current events of the manga, especially since I suspect that:

Ancient Ymir has been manipulating most of the series, including the "coincidences" like Dina Fritz's titan just happening to be near Eren when he first used the Founding Titan power.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Random popping into the thread to say that this episode was a banger, and I'm thrilled to finally have seen this arc animated. It was done so well!

I'm very excited to see where they go with the current events of the manga, especially since I suspect that:

Ancient Ymir has been manipulating most of the series, including the "coincidences" like Dina Fritz's titan just happening to be near Eren when he first used the Founding Titan power.
I can get behind that theory, especially in one of the recent chapters where Ymir Fritz basically revived Zeke in the Paths after he activated that Thunder Spear (the girl Zeke met in those Paths seems to likely be her), like she needs Zeke for some sort of plan.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I can get behind that theory, especially in one of the recent chapters where Ymir Fritz basically revived Zeke in the Paths after he activated that Thunder Spear (the girl Zeke met in those Paths seems to likely be her), like she needs Zeke for some sort of plan.
Exactly!

That and Eren's focus on memories makes me feel that he sees her (correctly) as the true antagonist. Or as a co-conspirator to free the world. I'm really excited to see what Eren's real agenda is.

Edit:

Also I just realized that Eren Kruger's "Armin and Mikasa" memory might not have been from the future or a past time loop, as many (including myself) have theorized. What if it was Ymir Fritz directly sending a message to Eren instead?

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Exactly!

That and Eren's focus on memories makes me feel that he sees her (correctly) as the true antagonist. Or as a co-conspirator to free the world. I'm really excited to see what Eren's real agenda is.

Edit:

Also I just realized that Eren Kruger's "Armin and Mikasa" memory might not have been from the future or a past time loop, as many (including myself) have theorized. What if it was Ymir Fritz directly sending a message to Eren instead?
It’s quite possible that Eren gained a new memory either right before he infiltrated Marley or shortly after he gained the Warhammer Titan’s powers where he learned something about Ymir Fritz from it (perhaps her being the true antagonist of sorts like you mentioned), and that memory might factor into his current agenda that is currently unknown to the readers. Whatever that memory is, I think it must be significant enough that it’ll be a major reveal when we learn about what’s been going through Eren’s mind in these recent chapters.

I never thought Ymir Fritz could be the one to send that message to Kruger about “saving Armin and Mikasa,” but it sounds like an interesting idea and could tie well into the idea of Ymir Fritz being the manipulator of sorts!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
It’s quite possible that Eren gained a new memory either right before he infiltrated Marley or shortly after he gained the Warhammer Titan’s powers where he learned something about Ymir Fritz from it (perhaps her being the true antagonist of sorts like you mentioned), and that memory might factor into his current agenda that is currently unknown to the readers. Whatever that memory is, I think it must be significant enough that it’ll be a major reveal when we learn about what’s been going through Eren’s mind in these recent chapters.

I never thought Ymir Fritz could be the one to send that message to Kruger about “saving Armin and Mikasa,” but it sounds like an interesting idea and could tie well into the idea of Ymir Fritz being the manipulator of sorts!
Definitely, I'm excited to see what it is that he knows re: your first paragraph. It's going to be big.

And thanks, on the second one! I just realized it literally today, and it sounds more and more plausible if they go that route.

Either way, I'm super hyped for what's to come.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's official! Attack on Titan Season 4, the Final Season, is confirmed to release in the Fall 2020! We really are in the end game now everyone!

Time to post my thoughts on this Season Finale because man it was great! It was such a fanastic way to cap off an awesome adaptation to the best arc in the series!

I wrote a lot about the events of this chapter back when the manga chapter for it released a little over two years ago on this site, so I won't repeat myself much. Mostly will talk about the adaptation details that stuck out to me with some events here and there:

First up, love that smack talk my man Pixis gave at the beginning of the episode. Dude spelled out the truth why it was important to tell all the Walldians the truth about the world or else the uprising that happened in the last arc was meaningless.

I may not like Floche in those recent chapters of the manga for his questionable tendencies, I find myself appreciating his scene when he talk about how Erwin should've received the serum while roasting the 104th squad. His point about how Eren and Mikasa think how the world revolves around them when things aren't really like is thought-provoking of sorts. He states that he knew nothing about Armin's childhood, so he couldn't support Armin based on close ties of friendship, and that is a valid point that puts the side characters into focus.

I think the anime adaptation improved on that scene further with Ono once again doing a great job voicing Floche in this scene as a rather emotional piano tune plays during his whole speech. Kinda makes you realize how much the events of Erwin's last charge against the Beast Titan really shook him considering he was the only survivor of that suicide charge not counting Levi.

Then we have Eren reminding Armin not to think that Levi's decision was for nothing, and as Eren reminds Armin about how the other side of the wall has freedom, we get a grimsly shot of Grisha's dead sister, Faye, after being mauled by those dogs, giving us a reminder that the road to freedom is full of tribulation.

Speaking of Levi, I like that cool gesture Levi did as he told Eren and the others the ceremony was about to start:

He didn't make that gesture in the manga, so I liked it being placed it here as a "cool Levi moment."

We then have Eren unlocking a new memory from his father as he kissed Historia's hand during the ceremony: he learns what Grisha told the Reiss family when he went to steal the Founding Titan's power from them, only for the King Fritz's will to possess Frieda at the moment so that she declined, thus leading Grisha to turning into his Titan and we all know what happens from there. I originally imagined Grisha sounding more desperate and tearful when he talked to the Reiss family members when I read that chapter a few years ago, but in the anime, we hear him sounding more exasperated with bits of desperation thrown into it. I can get behind this intepretation. The dude was frantically trying to reach the Reiss family as soon as possible when he learned about the Wall Maria attack then, so I can see why he sounded like that.

The Titan Guillotine eventually manages to eliminate the remaining Titans, and a year later, the refugees are able to move back to the towns and cities within Wall Maria again. It also means the Survey Corps can now have expeditions past Wall Maria again, so now they have the chance to see the ocean again.

This was a particularly good scene:

The anime slightly changed the scene where the Survey Corps run into that crawling Titan with a few elements. When Eren notes the Titan is a compatriot, he touches the Titan's head in a friendly and caring gesture. In the manga, he simply turned to Armin and told him that, but the anime took it an extra mile with the gesture, and I think it ended up being a very good change. It's an excellent way of showing how much Eren has developed as a character!

We remember Eren for a while as that bratty kid who talked a lot about wanting to eliminate the Titans as if they are these absolute monsters that needed to be killed. Now, Eren has learned the truth regarding the power he has given and has also learned that Titans are really Eldians like him. Him speaking calmly and reaching out to that Titan like that is a kind gesture meant to show how he understands this. I applaud WIT Studio for adding a nice little detail like that to highlight how much Eren has matured!

We also have an added scene of Floche asking the other Survey Corps members, "Shouldn't you guys kill that Titan?" It shows he is still inexperienced compared to the other SC members who have been with the group for much longer than he has, and he still needs time to comprehend the truth (he will definitely understand by the events of the next arc).

And I can't forget the big highlight of this scene: our heroes finally reaching the ocean!

Everyone is overwhelmed with joy to first experience the ocean, but Eren doesn't seem all too happy. After receiving all of those memories from his father, he knows the ocean is no longer the end-game of the freedom he wanted to achieve. Instead, the ocean is the gateway to a bigger conflict where he will need to fight his true enemies that live on the other side of it. Yuki Kaji does a great job voicing Eren during this scene, as we can hear how saddened Eren is as he ponders about the next course of action.

The end credits comes up, and we get a montage of some shots that happen later in the manga, and even some new ones. The one that stuck out the most was this one:

Whoa now! Those uniforms look new! We don't see those Eldian armbands on those kids, and those symbols on their suits look nothing like we've seen before (they don't even look like Marley's symbol that we see in later chapters).

They also to put special focus on that girl there. I wonder who could that be...

I've seen some theories that it is Eren and Historia's child (assuming Eren-being-the-father theory is true) following the conclusion of the war where the world is at peace and Eldians can co-exist peacefully with everyone else in the world. Her and her fellow students uniforms look quite modern here and could support the idea.

What I think this girl is? Ms. Tybur!

The two characters look pretty similar!

I'm all for this theory. Her being the previous Warhammer Titan has to make her significant of some sort, especially if Eren ate her and thus can access her memories now. She doesn't have a name nor a backstory at this point in the story either, and I think she really needs it. I feel like this might finally give us a glimpse into her character, and Eren being able to see her memories probably is a factor into his secret agenda reveal the manga is currently building up to.

Awesome episode overall!

Watching this arc animated these past two months has been such an amazing ride! Stellar adaptation! Can't wait until Fall 2020 to see the final arcs animated!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
(I want to shill my MM2 level so I can get feedback. I spent some days before uploading it and hope it turned out good)

PHK-J52-5QG

D

Deleted member

My last exam for today is in half an hour or so.

Hopefully my AMA doesn't start at the same time.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My last exam for today is in half an hour or so.

Hopefully my AMA doesn't start at the same time.
Good luck! You've got this. The AMA can wait lol.

It's official! Attack on Titan Season 4, the Final Season, is confirmed to release in the Fall 2020! We really are in the end game now everyone!

Time to post my thoughts on this Season Finale because man it was great! It was such a fanastic way to cap off an awesome adaptation to the best arc in the series!

I wrote a lot about the events of this chapter back when the manga chapter for it released a little over two years ago on this site, so I won't repeat myself much. Mostly will talk about the adaptation details that stuck out to me with some events here and there:

First up, love that smack talk my man Pixis gave at the beginning of the episode. Dude spelled out the truth why it was important to tell all the Walldians the truth about the world or else the uprising that happened in the last arc was meaningless.

I may not like Floche in those recent chapters of the manga for his questionable tendencies, I find myself appreciating his scene when he talk about how Erwin should've received the serum while roasting the 104th squad. His point about how Eren and Mikasa think how the world revolves around them when things aren't really like is thought-provoking of sorts. He states that he knew nothing about Armin's childhood, so he couldn't support Armin based on close ties of friendship, and that is a valid point that puts the side characters into focus.

I think the anime adaptation improved on that scene further with Ono once again doing a great job voicing Floche in this scene as a rather emotional piano tune plays during his whole speech. Kinda makes you realize how much the events of Erwin's last charge against the Beast Titan really shook him considering he was the only survivor of that suicide charge not counting Levi.

Then we have Eren reminding Armin not to think that Levi's decision was for nothing, and as Eren reminds Armin about how the other side of the wall has freedom, we get a grimsly shot of Grisha's dead sister, Faye, after being mauled by those dogs, giving us a reminder that the road to freedom is full of tribulation.

Speaking of Levi, I like that cool gesture Levi did as he told Eren and the others the ceremony was about to start:

He didn't make that gesture in the manga, so I liked it being placed it here as a "cool Levi moment."

We then have Eren unlocking a new memory from his father as he kissed Historia's hand during the ceremony: he learns what Grisha told the Reiss family when he went to steal the Founding Titan's power from them, only for the King Fritz's will to possess Frieda at the moment so that she declined, thus leading Grisha to turning into his Titan and we all know what happens from there. I originally imagined Grisha sounding more desperate and tearful when he talked to the Reiss family members when I read that chapter a few years ago, but in the anime, we hear him sounding more exasperated with bits of desperation thrown into it. I can get behind this intepretation. The dude was frantically trying to reach the Reiss family as soon as possible when he learned about the Wall Maria attack then, so I can see why he sounded like that.

The Titan Guillotine eventually manages to eliminate the remaining Titans, and a year later, the refugees are able to move back to the towns and cities within Wall Maria again. It also means the Survey Corps can now have expeditions past Wall Maria again, so now they have the chance to see the ocean again.

This was a particularly good scene:

The anime slightly changed the scene where the Survey Corps run into that crawling Titan with a few elements. When Eren notes the Titan is a compatriot, he touches the Titan's head in a friendly and caring gesture. In the manga, he simply turned to Armin and told him that, but the anime took it an extra mile with the gesture, and I think it ended up being a very good change. It's an excellent way of showing how much Eren has developed as a character!

We remember Eren for a while as that bratty kid who talked a lot about wanting to eliminate the Titans as if they are these absolute monsters that needed to be killed. Now, Eren has learned the truth regarding the power he has given and has also learned that Titans are really Eldians like him. Him speaking calmly and reaching out to that Titan like that is a kind gesture meant to show how he understands this. I applaud WIT Studio for adding a nice little detail like that to highlight how much Eren has matured!

We also have an added scene of Floche asking the other Survey Corps members, "Shouldn't you guys kill that Titan?" It shows he is still inexperienced compared to the other SC members who have been with the group for much longer than he has, and he still needs time to comprehend the truth (he will definitely understand by the events of the next arc).

And I can't forget the big highlight of this scene: our heroes finally reaching the ocean!

Everyone is overwhelmed with joy to first experience the ocean, but Eren doesn't seem all too happy. After receiving all of those memories from his father, he knows the ocean is no longer the end-game of the freedom he wanted to achieve. Instead, the ocean is the gateway to a bigger conflict where he will need to fight his true enemies that live on the other side of it. Yuki Kaji does a great job voicing Eren during this scene, as we can hear how saddened Eren is as he ponders about the next course of action.

The end credits comes up, and we get a montage of some shots that happen later in the manga, and even some new ones. The one that stuck out the most was this one:

Whoa now! Those uniforms look new! We don't see those Eldian armbands on those kids, and those symbols on their suits look nothing like we've seen before (they don't even look like Marley's symbol that we see in later chapters).

They also to put special focus on that girl there. I wonder who could that be...

I've seen some theories that it is Eren and Historia's child (assuming Eren-being-the-father theory is true) following the conclusion of the war where the world is at peace and Eldians can co-exist peacefully with everyone else in the world. Her and her fellow students uniforms look quite modern here and could support the idea.

What I think this girl is? Ms. Tybur!

The two characters look pretty similar!

I'm all for this theory. Her being the previous Warhammer Titan has to make her significant of some sort, especially if Eren ate her and thus can access her memories now. She doesn't have a name nor a backstory at this point in the story either, and I think she really needs it. I feel like this might finally give us a glimpse into her character, and Eren being able to see her memories probably is a factor into his secret agenda reveal the manga is currently building up to.

Awesome episode overall!

Watching this arc animated these past two months has been such an amazing ride! Stellar adaptation! Can't wait until Fall 2020 to see the final arcs animated!
Yeah that finale was fantastic. I'm absurdly hyped to see the next arc finally animated.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Starbucks used to have this Chorizo egg bites and I loved them. But because I loved them that means they were an item that wasn't very popular and was removed. I am cursed that way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I made another moveset video!
if this video is anything but the inkling's roller move with twice the unfair grounding length as every move i am disappointed

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom