• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 7.0 - Welcome Back, Folks!

Who's the best Mario?

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
For the poll dunno wtf green yellow and purple mario are unless you mean Smash alts. But voted Cat Mario too, tho never played 3D world.
Some people call them Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi. But I think they're just fan names, I haven't seen them used in any games...
LMAO Pokemon company thinks no one exercises or sleeps enough.
What's more of a naming travesty? New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe or the Pokemon Go Plus Plus LOL

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pretty meh all around.

Glad that a Detective Pikachu 2 game is coming to end that cliffhanger
The first game ending with stopping the bad guy but not finding Tim's father left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

But thanks to the movie, I now really believe the game counterpart Pikachu is also Tim's dad

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Some people call them Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi. But I think they're just fan names, I haven't seen them used in any games...

What's more of a naming travesty? New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe or the Pokemon Go Plus Plus LOL
Pokemon Go Plus Plus just feels lazy to me I guess? Master looks pretty good, and ngl I might snag one of those shirts/wait until gen 2.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Im actually more excited for PokemonSleep than SwordShield.

Also, Rip SleepTown next year...

Potato_

Smash Lord
Gut instinct was right. Pokemon Masters sounded cool but I can't really develop an opinion on it from the little they showed. Any excuse to reuse the cooler trainers from past gens is good in my book though.

Home sounds like what's gonna be used to transfer pokemon from Bank (aka all the old games) to Sword and Shield, and the possibility to trade from your smartphone sounds useful. Other than that, nothing of note, Pokemon Sleep is just strange to me since they barely said anything about what it entails other than "make sleep rewarding".

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can't say I was that interested in what was shown in that Pokemon Press Conference. I stopped playing Pokemon Go, so that and the Pokemon Sleep news didn't do much for me.

I'm more interested in that Pokemon Masters game, even if it turns out to be a gacha game. I'd LOVE to have Steven, Wally, Roark, Byron, Jasmine, Morty, Acerola, Nanu, and Cyrus fight alongside me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have no words to describe just how phenomenal seeing Levi vs Beast Titan was animated! Imai just knocked it out of the park animating that entire fight sequence, especially with shots like this!

Not surprised Levi shoving his sword through Zeke's face at the end of the fight was censored considering how brutal it was in the manga, but the anime still managed to capture the satisfaction of the scene with a bit more detail in the clip showing the blade through Zeke's mouth, almost to the point you could make out the shape of the blade on his cheek.

I was a bit surprised the anime adaption decided to go the extra mile and show Levi beginning to attack the other Titans Zeke orders in a last ditch effort; the manga temporarily ended Levi's scene with him drawing his next set of blades without showing his next few Titan kills, as if to add the suspense that Levi may or may not make it out alive. I liked the way how the anime panned out Levi killing the remaining Titans at Zeke's disposal as we see Floche waking up with no music playing: it certainly adds a somber tone as we see Floche being the only one alive while walking around trying to find possible survivors.

Speaking of Floche and looking for survivors from the Beast Titan's attack, damn, the anime made Marlowe's death much more sad! The sad lullaby-like music combined with Sugita's voice acting really gave Marlowe's final moments much more impact. Gotta feel for poor Marlowe as he realized he was going to die right then and there thinking his good friend Hitch is perhaps resting while this is going on (only for viewers to tragically learn she wasn't and is waiting by the window, waiting for his return... only soon she will learn his fate).

Meanwhile within the walls, Armin finally comes up with a plan to take down the Colossal Titan once he notices the Titan got very thin after its most recent attack because it used up a lot of energy. Armin and Eren deal with Bertolt, while the other members of Eren's group deal with Reiner. The return of Hange was great, and so was the anime adaptation of Mikasa landing the final blow on Reiner: Just look at that animation!

And of course, we can't forget the Colossal Titan battle this episode! I like the added touch where we see Eren's perspective of Armin from inside his Titan, giving us a glimpse at how Titan Shifters notice their surroundings.

Armin sacrificing himself to Bertolt was quite the spectacle too! The flames from the Colossal Titan added quite a nice flair to what was going on, going as far as even obscuring what Eren was doing at the base of the wall in a way that looked more mysterious compared to what the manga showed. Armin getting burned alive was quite grizzly in anime form too. The anime ends up showing the blood leaving his body in an evaporating state as he is burned alive, with the sheath of his sword burning away in quite an epic fashion.

I also noticed that the anime made it look more like Armin's body "floated" down after his 3DMG wires finally snapped away, as if the excessive amount of steam from Bertolt's final attack allowed Armin's body to not make such a dramatic 60 meter fall, so I guess it helps make Armin surviving after all of this a bit more believable now that the anime seems to imply the steam made his fall a bit more "gentle" to the point it's not the kind that should kill him right away.

And then we have this epic moment: Eren landing the defeating blow to the Colossal Titan!

Man, the anime made it look great! Such a powerful moment: Eren was the first human to actually try taking on the Colossal Titan, and now, he is the one to land the final blow! Not only that, but he lands the finishing move not in his Titan form, but as a simple human! Truly a symbolic moment of humanity finally gaining the victory over the Titans by killing the embodiment of the force that changed his life 5 years ago!

Looks like the anime took the beginning of chapter 83 where we see the flashback of how Eren and Armin first met as kids and put it at the end of the episode, and it was a nice touch: the transition from little Armin's face to the now burned-to-a-crisp Armin was ghastly! The flashback definitely worked better as an end of the episode deal with that new effect.

I'd say this is tied with the last episode for being my favorite episode in the series, as well as one of my favorite episodes in the anime overall! Today's episode adapted one of my favorite chapters so well and made many of those scenes even more impactful than they already were!

Oh yeah, a promise is a promise, Mythra Mythra !

Remember when you said you wanted me to tag you for the episode when the Serum Bowl takes place? Well, it is now confirmed that next week's episode is the Serum Bowl, so you can begin your countdown for that episode!

Though I recommend you watch today's episode because it transitions into what will transpire into next week's episode, not to mention today's episode adapts the famous Levi making monkey sashimi scene, and it looks SUPER good animated!

I was waiting for this since... it came up in the manga lol.
Thanks for the tag!

Despite the bits of censoring the brutality of the episode was handled nicely; the sequence of Armin getting cooked looked very colorful to my surprise, but it stayed true to his look on the manga.
Imo Eren as human finally cutting the nape of the Colossal Titan marks a before and after in the series, as stuff gets deeper from now own and marks the closure where we thought Bertolt was the absolute menace.

So yeah, looking foward to the bowl and to see Armin taking a snack.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Naga finally makes her way into Fire Emblem Heroes, and she can now give anyone the ability to slay dragons with ease so long as those units are next to her!

Her animation sprite sure looks... out of this world!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

>my dream of modded smash 64 is finally happening

:bobomb: lets go boys

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you guys ever had that one fear as a kid in a game that stopped you from beating it

i used to be always scared of this ************ as a kid

1559151858494.png

the music scared me more ****less than the boss, but the ****ing distorted sounds it made got me pretty good too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
you guys ever had that one fear as a kid in a game that stopped you from beating it

View attachment 224983

the music scared me more ****less than the boss, but the ****ing distorted sounds it made got me pretty good too.
I never beat that ****ty house horror game because **** was too spoopy.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I love warm summer evenings with rain. It helps me relax. I hope it rains because I could use those positive vibes around now.

?????????????

Smash Master
I used to share my moveset idea video in the Ultimate Social Thread, so, unless there’s any objections, I thought I’d share them here too! This is my brand new one:

Potato_

Smash Lord

View attachment 224983

That ****ing level gave me SO much anxiety. The fact that they separated when you killed each one and covered more and more of the floor so you had less space to move in, combined with the music made it tense as hell.

Forsaken Fortress in WW was also stressful, I remember wanting to start the game over at times to replay dungeons but I wouldn't purely due to having to do the sneak segment over.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Forsaken Fortress in WW was also stressful, I remember wanting to start the game over at times to replay dungeons but I wouldn't purely due to having to do the sneak segment over.
the only thing wind waker had that scared me ****less was this thing

1559255780900.png

i still don't like fighting them. i accidentally ran into one the first time when i was like 10 and i just reset the ****ing game and NOPE'd out of going to that island ever again for the rest of forever.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
the only thing wind waker had that scared me ****less was this thing

View attachment 225210

i still don't like fighting them. i accidentally ran into one the first time when i was like 10 and i just reset the ****ing game and NOPE'd out of going to that island ever again for the rest of forever.
I liked encountering those things (thought it was cool as hell) but HATED fighting it, some of the eyes were a pain in the ass to hit.

Most terrifying enemy was definitely the Redeads though. To this day the WW design is the only one that actually unnerves me.

No idea, but it seems the latest spirit event is set to finally have Peachette.
Really? Any other new spirits?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The only thing that grabbed my attention from the Pokemon Press Conference was that Rosa was in Pokemon Masters. I'm really excited to see the protagonists in other games besides their debut games, they're my favorite characters. Robin started out as being seen as a self-insert and grew to become an established character, so I feel like it's only right for the Pokemon protagonists to follow that same route.

If Pokemon Masters does end up being a gacha game, my utmost priority will be getting the protagonists I care about the most, such as Ethan, Hilda, Nate, and Elio. Then I'll focus on getting Red, Brendan, Dawn, and Serena. After that, I'll just get the rest. All I need the protagonists—I don't need any Gym Leaders or Champions or anybody like that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To kills some time waiting for that Pokémon Sword & Shield Direct, been searching some rumors. One of which claims to leak all the 'Mons but I'm having a good amount of doubts (I would believe it more if they included forms)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Most terrifying enemy was definitely the Redeads though. To this day the WW design is the only one that actually unnerves me.
it was only the scream

the designs were wonky af

Top Bottom