• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*next smash datamine reveals a new codename,

It’s “bad time”

Yfw

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No for real. Sans (or Frisk, or Papyrus, really) would be an awesome addition for Smash. People can complain about it all they want- the reality is that they all have the potential to be very unique and bring a good time to the table. Bringing them in also means that we could get Undertale music in Smash, and if you have an issue with that, then you are sad and I have no desire to speak to you further.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm just going to drop this here because it's hilarious.
TeamFourStar and friends attempt to summarise the Kingdom Hearts series over a 2 and a half hour video.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth i had a draft saved earlier but i lost it

you wanted to see what i would make for a roster so here it is

Basically since two movesets per character, I chose 35 for base because it would then technically become 70 if that makes sense.

I would post all the movesets but that would take like 2 hours to type.

Also no 3rd parties lol

Mario (7)
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultwario: Waluigi/Daisy

Added Waluigi/Daisy because nothing really represents the Spinoffs. My bias says Waluigi, but Daisy can also fit.
Removed :ultbowserjr: because one of my :ultbowser: moveset ideas involves using his own weapons, so he would use the Clown Car.
Didn't really see much in :ultrosalina: for two whole movesets.

Zelda (3)
:4link: Impa :ultganondorf:

Replaced :ultzelda: and :ultsheik: with Impa. My idea of Impa uses a classic Sheikah concept with the second one being based on BoTW abilities/runes and Champion powers used by both the Sheikah and mostly (for the physical non-specials) weapons from the Yiga Clan.

Kirby (2)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:

I needed space, sorry :ultmetaknight: lol

Metroid (2)
:ultsamus::ultridley:

Metroid's great, but there's not much in using :ultdarksamus:. Besides, if I had to use a Prime character, it'd be a Hunter like Sylux.

Pokemon (4)
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario:

Each has a main gimmick or reason to be picked. Pikachu is just a regular ol dude. :ultpokemontrainer: is by himself for actual trainers and uses items, basically like a Phoenix Wright character. :ultmewtwo: is a stand-in for Legendary Pokemon. And :ultlucario: is a stand-in for Pokemon that can Mega Evolve.

Donkey Kong (2)
:ultdk::ultkrool:

Removed :ultdiddy: mostly because space lol. And if I were to add another DK character, I'd choose Funky. Not even kidding.

Fire Emblem (3)
:ultmarth: Hector/Lyn :ultrobin:

Divided into three major characters for the series. :ultmarth: is the start of the franchise, Hector/Lyn is the start of international release and other physical weapon types (Axe/Bow), and :ultrobin: stand as the start of NU-FE, customizable avatars, and mostly magic/tome users.

Borrowed ideas from Smash here, I divided :ultmarth: into using either a balanced Iron Sword or the tipper Falchion.

One-Offs (9)
:ultfox::ultness::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultolimar::ultlittlemac::ultinkling:
:ultshulk::ultisabelle:

StarFox doesn't have that much content to use for more than one character, since everything is supposed to be direct references if possible. Falco and Wolf just simply don't have enough to reference themselves that Fox doesn't already have in two movesets.

Mother is big, but it isn't that big.

F-ZERO is dead, but there's enough content from his own games and the anime to inspire, plus a thrown bone of Smash-based moveset for this.

Kid Icarus was gonna have Palutena, Xenoblade was gonna more, and I was going to add :ultvillager:, but I needed space lol.

The rest is self-explanatory.

Retro (3)
Urban Champion, :ultduckhunt:, Nester

Urban Champion steps in for NES launch titles related to sports, plus his own content. This is stuff like Kung Fu, Urban Champion, Slalom, and Pro Wrestling (one moveset), and then the others are all of the traditional sports. :ultduckhunt: is a combo of the NES Zapper and the Super Scope. Finally, big Nester from Nintendo Power represents other Nintendo peripherals from the past and present.
---

Now if I wanted to add DLC like in a pack, I would probably do:

DLC (5)
:ultike: (Introduction to 3D Fire Emblem)
:ultmetaknight: (3rd Kirby bro)
Isaac (More RPG stuff)
Captain Rainbow (A mixture of Retro that I would've wanted to put in but didn't have enough resources for like Takamaru, Mach Rider, Prince Sable, etc.)
:ultmiifighters: (Wii Sports/Party/whatever and Streetpass Games)

Stuff like :ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultrob: and other gimmicks to me are Sakurai's own ideas and unique qualities. The goal isn't really to copy him unless they demand it.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I'm just an edgelord, but for season 5 of Samurai Jack if it had to come down to a rushed ending such as the one we got, I would've preferred it if everyone died I.E. Mortal Kombat conquest's ending where the entire main cast was stomped by the Shadow Priests. (Why is it that Mortal Kombat always ends up killing all of its main cast? Particularly by Shao Kahn in some manner.) Or maybe that's just what I was expecting in the back of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sam Jack should've stayed in the damn future. Some lesson about "we can't change the past, we can only improve the lives in the present."

But no, we had literally every single action done in the future wiped off the face of existence, making everything Jack's done meaningless.

All because someone watched Gurren Lagann and wanted to do that really badly.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think it was a mistake. Just felt rushed.
Okay, in all seriousness, I totally agree with this.

I loved the season overall but I think the pacing would've been better if there were about 15 episodes instead of just 10. A hour-long series finale would've been welcome, too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth i had a draft saved earlier but i lost it

you wanted to see what i would make for a roster so here it is

Basically since two movesets per character, I chose 35 for base because it would then technically become 70 if that makes sense.

I would post all the movesets but that would take like 2 hours to type.

Also no 3rd parties lol

Mario (7)
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultwario: Waluigi/Daisy

Added Waluigi/Daisy because nothing really represents the Spinoffs. My bias says Waluigi, but Daisy can also fit.
Removed :ultbowserjr: because one of my :ultbowser: moveset ideas involves using his own weapons, so he would use the Clown Car.
Didn't really see much in :ultrosalina: for two whole movesets.

Zelda (3)
:4link: Impa :ultganondorf:

Replaced :ultzelda: and :ultsheik: with Impa. My idea of Impa uses a classic Sheikah concept with the second one being based on BoTW abilities/runes and Champion powers used by both the Sheikah and mostly (for the physical non-specials) weapons from the Yiga Clan.

Kirby (2)
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:

I needed space, sorry :ultmetaknight: lol

Metroid (2)
:ultsamus::ultridley:

Metroid's great, but there's not much in using :ultdarksamus:. Besides, if I had to use a Prime character, it'd be a Hunter like Sylux.

Pokemon (4)
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario:

Each has a main gimmick or reason to be picked. Pikachu is just a regular ol dude. :ultpokemontrainer: is by himself for actual trainers and uses items, basically like a Phoenix Wright character. :ultmewtwo: is a stand-in for Legendary Pokemon. And :ultlucario: is a stand-in for Pokemon that can Mega Evolve.

Donkey Kong (2)
:ultdk::ultkrool:

Removed :ultdiddy: mostly because space lol. And if I were to add another DK character, I'd choose Funky. Not even kidding.

Fire Emblem (3)
:ultmarth: Hector/Lyn :ultrobin:

Divided into three major characters for the series. :ultmarth: is the start of the franchise, Hector/Lyn is the start of international release and other physical weapon types (Axe/Bow), and :ultrobin: stand as the start of NU-FE, customizable avatars, and mostly magic/tome users.

Borrowed ideas from Smash here, I divided :ultmarth: into using either a balanced Iron Sword or the tipper Falchion.

One-Offs (9)
:ultfox::ultness::ultfalcon::ultpit::ultolimar::ultlittlemac::ultinkling:
:ultshulk::ultisabelle:

StarFox doesn't have that much content to use for more than one character, since everything is supposed to be direct references if possible. Falco and Wolf just simply don't have enough to reference themselves that Fox doesn't already have in two movesets.

Mother is big, but it isn't that big.

F-ZERO is dead, but there's enough content from his own games and the anime to inspire, plus a thrown bone of Smash-based moveset for this.

Kid Icarus was gonna have Palutena, Xenoblade was gonna more, and I was going to add :ultvillager:, but I needed space lol.

The rest is self-explanatory.

Retro (3)
Urban Champion, :ultduckhunt:, Nester

Urban Champion steps in for NES launch titles related to sports, plus his own content. This is stuff like Kung Fu, Urban Champion, Slalom, and Pro Wrestling (one moveset), and then the others are all of the traditional sports. :ultduckhunt: is a combo of the NES Zapper and the Super Scope. Finally, big Nester from Nintendo Power represents other Nintendo peripherals from the past and present.
---

Now if I wanted to add DLC like in a pack, I would probably do:

DLC (5)
:ultike: (Introduction to 3D Fire Emblem)
:ultmetaknight: (3rd Kirby bro)
Isaac (More RPG stuff)
Captain Rainbow (A mixture of Retro that I would've wanted to put in but didn't have enough resources for like Takamaru, Mach Rider, Prince Sable, etc.)
:ultmiifighters: (Wii Sports/Party/whatever and Streetpass Games)

Stuff like :ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultrob: and other gimmicks to me are Sakurai's own ideas and unique qualities. The goal isn't really to copy him unless they demand it.
Not bad, but Villager should absolutely be in there. That's your player character and properly represents the gameplay. Isabelle is good as a semi-clone of him(her) as is. Nothing wrong with two characters for the franchise, but if you have to pick one, Villager really oughta come first. In fact, update Isabelle to mainly be more about the works projects/be fully unique instead. That way you properly represent both aspects of Animal Crossing. The original with Villager and modern with Isabelle.

Nester's an interesting choice. I guess you're going by the logic that a Nintendo character doesn't have to be a game character at all to get in, right? I think that's fair. Sakurai really never said anything about non-game characters outside of 3rd party context. R.O.B. and Lucario, despite debuting outside of games(technically in the first case, fully in the other) were still made for game franchises. And this is why I wish Captain N got a game cameo of sorts... so he can at least be a costume. Also, I'd add more DLC. Really, Diddy is pretty important to the series. Funky is cool, but he's not as important.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sam Jack should've stayed in the damn future. Some lesson about "we can't change the past, we can only improve the lives in the present."

But no, we had literally every single action done in the future wiped off the face of existence, making everything Jack's done meaningless.

All because someone watched Gurren Lagann and wanted to do that really badly.
See, I didn't think that on it's own made the ending bad.

What I think was bad was that the finale didn't do anything to acknowledge it. Instead of having Jack pay any mind to the countless consequences that came from erasing Aku's future, the finale just focused on a single consequence to create build-up for a shocking tragic wedding scene.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not bad, but Villager should absolutely be in there. That's your player character and properly represents the gameplay. Isabelle is good as a semi-clone of him(her) as is. Nothing wrong with two characters for the franchise, but if you have to pick one, Villager really oughta come first. In fact, update Isabelle to mainly be more about the works projects/be fully unique instead. That way you properly represent both aspects of Animal Crossing. The original with Villager and modern with Isabelle.

Nester's an interesting choice. I guess you're going by the logic that a Nintendo character doesn't have to be a game character at all to get in, right? I think that's fair. Sakurai really never said anything about non-game characters outside of 3rd party context. R.O.B. and Lucario, despite debuting outside of games(technically in the first case, fully in the other) were still made for game franchises. And this is why I wish Captain N got a game cameo of sorts... so he can at least be a costume. Also, I'd add more DLC. Really, Diddy is pretty important to the series. Funky is cool, but he's not as important.
Really should've done 40 but I tried to be "realistic" in development time, that way I could satisfy everything. :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really should've done 40 but I tried to be "realistic" in development time, that way I could satisfy everything. :p
I didn't actually look at your final number. That said, I only suggested one more character for sure. DLC covered the rest. You can have more than 5 DLC after all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i know that, i just did a default 5-character pack thing.
Definitely could have another pack, heh.

I've been working on a N64 Fighter roster myself. Still a lot of games to look at to make it feel remotely complete. 2-player max, so everybody has an alt that is fairly unique. And only characters allowed from licensed games are those who literally were created for the game(basically like how Giga Bowser originated entirely in Smash, but is clearly based upon Giant Bowser). Oddly enough, I couldn't find many examples beyond Megatron X.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
See, I didn't think that on it's own made the ending bad.

What I think was bad was that the finale didn't do anything to acknowledge it. Instead of having Jack pay any mind to the countless consequences that came from erasing Aku's future, the finale just focused on a single consequence to create build-up for a shocking tragic wedding scene.
Yeah, that's the WORST part.

Imagine if a guy from our time traveled back and killed Hitler as a baby, wiping out the entire existence of everything that exists as it is now.
I think most people here would argue that that person would be a radical mass-murderer who just commited not just genocide, but... chronocide?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Definitely could have another pack, heh.

I've been working on a N64 Fighter roster myself. Still a lot of games to look at to make it feel remotely complete. 2-player max, so everybody has an alt that is fairly unique. And only characters allowed from licensed games are those who literally were created for the game(basically like how Giga Bowser originated entirely in Smash, but is clearly based upon Giant Bowser). Oddly enough, I couldn't find many examples beyond Megatron X.
I've always wanted someone to hack SSB64 and modify it and then add more characters.

The original engine makes me hella curious.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally played some Smash Ultimate today. Long overdue, but I haven't had time to play it until today.

Upon revisiting Smash Ultimate, I've noticed that the automatic short hop technique where you press the jump and attack buttons at the same together works pretty well for Chrom. I'm able to land a clean hit with Chrom's Nair off a dash using this new technique!

Greninja on the other hand? Greninja tends to leap just a bit over the opponent with his Nair when using the technique, and while I have landed a few Nair hits this way, it doesn't produce that super clean Nair into fast fall hit that delivers clean damage AND combo potential.

I have managed to get some nice Nairs from a quick release of the jump button after a dash + the attack button, but it will still take some getting used to. Man, if only Smash Ultimate didn't remove the ability to do Nairs by simply tilting the C-stick to a diagonal direction...

I did win a bunch of matches with Chrom in Quickplay today though by learning his Nair game with the first technique I mentioned, so there's a t least that.

------

Oh yeah, CYL3 votes:

Yep, one more vote for best Sacred Stones boy Forde!

Tomorrow and the day after will revisit the other two characters I've voted for.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HOW IN THE ****ING **** OF ****S DID I MISS THE FACT THAT ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3 WAS BEING MADE BY, MOTHER ****ING NIOH AND NINJA GAIDEN CREATORS, TEAM NINJA!!!

WHAT THE ****

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True that but Megamix was a collection back in 2015/6. I would hardly call that relevant especially post-base roster Ultimate. Nintendo doesn't seem to be doing much with the series nowadays even.

Although i'll admit Advance Wars has no chance for DLC short of a series revival. Which is what I pray to be the case; somehow, someway.
Pokemon Gen 8 is likely releasing this year
Smash DLC is until 2020
"G-guys Lycanroc still has a shot!"

Come on man this is just sad, I've even defended that thing in the past but it isn't happening

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly I'm just wondering how bad the old version of Prime 4 was that Nintendo decided to reboot the development.
Same, but I think that's the last thing we should pay attention to when it comes to MP4 delay in my opinion. I

So... Now I take that back that Switch 2019 is gonna be as better as 2017, unless the next Direct drops with many more games.
Shout out to @Dr. Jojo Phantasma for having best Senshi as avi :v

And somehow I still think the title will be launched before FF7R.
It will be a bit 50/50 to me actually but it will be very hilarious if this turns out true eventually.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly I'm just wondering how bad the old version of Prime 4 was that Nintendo decided to reboot the development.
Nintendo's never focused on storytelling.

The Prime series does, iirc.

I think that alone should be enough to figure out Nintendo would've ****ed it up without Retro Studios.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Retro Studios about to retcon Sylux out of existence the same way Remember Me Guy was retconned into existence and I can't wait to see the blow out for that.

Chrono.

I forgot the first 3 RE games have giant tarantulas everywhere.

They unsettle me enough with Ps1 graphics, I don't wanna imagine how the remade versions look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom