• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sora has higher chances than the majority of requested newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually they have

****ing hype
Camillia is super overrated lol.
My seal of approval goes to the person who made this title.
Her boobs are just right...as is her purple hair and the obsession with Corrin (Female Corrin atleast)
Sora has higher chances than the majority of requested newcomers.
713D20C4-3231-403E-8C20-12D27D735455.gif

don’t know about that one
Good. I kinda don’t want Sora in.
I agree with you

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My one major gripe is K. Rool. Considering we know now that Dixie is one of the Forbidden Seven, I don't see a scenario happening where another DKC character is chosen and it isn't Dixie Kong.

My one major gripe is Ryu. Considering we know now that the Namco spot came down to Heihachi and Pac-Man, I don't see a scenario happening where a fighting game character is chosen and it isn't Heihachi.
Those are in no way equivalent. Dixie was considered as one half of a tag team, and even then Lycanroc's demand doesn't touch K. Rool's, which was why he got in. And the Ryu/Heihachi thing is nonsensical since they're not even from the same series.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My one major gripe is K. Rool. Considering we know now that Dixie is one of the Forbidden Seven, I don't see a scenario happening where another DKC character is chosen and it isn't Dixie Kong.

My one major gripe is Ryu. Considering we know now that the Namco spot came down to Heihachi and Pac-Man, I don't see a scenario happening where a fighting game character is chosen and it isn't Heihachi.
In what world would Dixie and Heihachi get in over K. Rool and Ryu?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Hmm...What you say makes sense enough, but I serve Grust. I cannot simply betray my country."
"Ah, but what makes a country?"
"Pardon?"
"Is it one man- your king? Or is it the countless innocent people who make their home here?"
"Well, that's- Hmm..."
"My father has a saying: "A kingless country is a country still; but a king without subjects rules naught but hills." If you disobey your king to ensure his subjects' safety, how is that a betrayal? You are protecting his reign."
Ballot Day 5.png

Voted for another one of my favorites today. Just two days left.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
My one major gripe is Lycanroc. Considering we know now that the Pokémon spot came down to Incineroar and Decidueye, I don't see a scenario happening where another Alola Pokémon is chosen and it isn't Decidueye.
Thing is...if Decidueye was one of this wave's remaining four, wouldn't you think Sakurai would've waited to explain the whole Pokémon situation until after the reveal? The fact that we learned of it so abruptly...well, it doesn't look good. Decidueye got a raw deal, honestly. Interesting 'mon.

My whole reasoning behind Lycanroc still being what I call a "conditional" option is that timing was probably the deal breaker for the base game. The roster cutoff point being way earlier than it was during Smash 4's development + the lack of USUM content in the base game aside from a couple Pokémon Trainer palettes seems to indicate that characters from USUM were too late to be an option, and Lycanroc didn't become the team ace in the anime and firmly establish itself as one of Gen 7's quote-quote "shillmons" until then. So it'd be a matter of giving a look to a character that had missed out on a technicality before, and weighing whether to pull the trigger on its rare and unique abilities before it's too late.

It all comes down to whether they'd give Gen 7 another look before Gen 8 gets here at year's end. We don't know whether they would, but...worth considering, you know?

If we're getting Edalgard as promotional DLC, I don't believe it's too much of a stretch to say we'll get a gen 8 pokemon as DLC.
Timing is the big difference. Three Houses is (far as we know) set to release in spring of this year, while Gen 8 will be at the end (probably November like usual). Corrin got into Smash about 7 1/2 months after Fates' Japanese release (in June 2015), and we should probably consider newcomers this time also needing that kind of head start, especially since the cutoff for Ultimate's roster was so much earlier than it was for Smash 4's. If Three Houses has been delayed and we haven't found out yet, it'll probably screw up any Smash prospects unless we get a second wave of DLC.

That, and who says a Three Houses character has to be a promotional pick? Nothing saying Edelgard or Byleth couldn't get in on their own terms. Just because a character is newer doesn't mean advertising was the reason behind adding them!

Video was nice and all but don't you think Advance Wars deserved a mention if Rhythm Heaven was on the list? Granted AW has been out longer than the latter but it's not like Nintendo is doing much with RH. Not to mention AW's AT is absent in addition to having no Mii Costume/Music Track.
Unfortunately, Advance Wars being a dormant series has me doubting its chances. Rhythm Heaven had Megamix come out just recently.

Extenuating circumstances, you know?

Also also... has anyone said you kinda sound like Norm McDonald?
I get that a lot, lol. Blame my microphone taking some of the fullness out of my voice and making it sound different than how I usually sound.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
While it would be nice to kek Camilla or have a FRobin in the regular pool, I must help Mic to survive the memestorm.
20190125_201523.jpg

D

Deleted member

****ing hype
Her boobs are just right...as is her purple hair and the obsession with Corrin (Female Corrin atleast)
Well I do not like her.

I can guarantee you if they cut Cam's boobs than far less people would like her.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Unfortunately, Advance Wars being a dormant series has me doubting its chances. Rhythm Heaven had Megamix come out just recently.

Extenuating circumstances, you know?
True that but Megamix was a collection back in 2015/6. I would hardly call that relevant especially post-base roster Ultimate. Nintendo doesn't seem to be doing much with the series nowadays even.

Although i'll admit Advance Wars has no chance for DLC short of a series revival. Which is what I pray to be the case; somehow, someway.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well I do not like her.

I can guarantee you if they cut Cam's boobs than far less people would like her.
That one random Pokemon mom from the Sun & Moon anime has no boobs. Doesn't stop people from drawing her a frick-ton despite not even having a name. Mature/Mom-like characters, regardless of their design, tend to be very popular. So even if Camilla was flat, she'd still be popular due to her Mature/Mom-like personality and whatnot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Hmm...What you say makes sense enough, but I serve Grust. I cannot simply betray my country."
"Ah, but what makes a country?"
"Pardon?"
"Is it one man- your king? Or is it the countless innocent people who make their home here?"
"Well, that's- Hmm..."
"My father has a saying: "A kingless country is a country still; but a king without subjects rules naught but hills." If you disobey your king to ensure his subjects' safety, how is that a betrayal? You are protecting his reign."
View attachment 188519
Voted for another one of my favorites today. Just two days left.
Is that an actual line from Caeda? Damn, I didn't know she was this ****ing powerful

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that an actual line from Caeda? Damn, I didn't know she was this ****ing powerful
Yep! It comes from her recruitment conversation with Lorenz in the same chapter you fight Camus, showing the two sides of unabashed loyalty to one's country.

D

Deleted member

Well I am going to leave again.
you say that like nobody does

you're not the only person who disappears every now and then
I know that.

One thing to note is KH3 sounds cool, but I never played a KH game so I am not buying Kingdom Hearts 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Timing is the big difference. Three Houses is (far as we know) set to release in spring of this year, while Gen 8 will be at the end (probably November like usual). Corrin got into Smash about 7 1/2 months after Fates' Japanese release (in June 2015), and we should probably consider newcomers this time also needing that kind of head start, especially since the cutoff for Ultimate's roster was so much earlier than it was for Smash 4's. If Three Houses has been delayed and we haven't found out yet, it'll probably screw up any Smash prospects unless we get a second wave of DLC.

That, and who says a Three Houses character has to be a promotional pick? Nothing saying Edelgard or Byleth couldn't get in on their own terms. Just because a character is newer doesn't mean advertising was the reason behind adding them!
Well, consider the possibility that character concepts for gen 8 would've been created far in advance, DLC announcements probably spread out over the course of 2019 with Gen 8 trailers starting at the latest in E3, and Nintendo executives possibly finding it a pertinent business decision to both release a "unique character who can get in on their own terms" and a character that generates "hype," interest, and publicity in the new game, and I think it's a strong possibility that a gen 8 Pokemon would be considered.
That is, if Nintendo is focused on first parties for this DLC pack.

And by having to be a promotional pick, I think a character's "own terms" come secondary to the fact that there's little fan outcry for characters that don't exist yet and that recency/relevancy and promoting an upcoming game probably has a stronger sway, especially in the hands of Nintendo.
That, and of course Sakurai thinking they'll introduce some "unique and interesting" gameplay, which honestly is so vague a notion it could probably apply to... anything if you stretch it.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Congratulations!
Speaking of Smash...
Want to add me in my Switch and maybe tomorrow we duke it out in an Arena?
I'm a bit busy at the moment with projects I need to work on (the tournament was kind of my big break), but I'd be up for some matches sometime in the near future. :)

Chrono.

Well, we're back at it again with datamine leaks. This time it's Soul Calibur VI again.

As you may or may not know, Amy and Cassandra are pretty much set in stone as the final two DLC characters for season pass 1.

But with the new patch that just went live, people datamined the PC version again and found files for a whopping 6 new characters after Amy and Cassandra. However, there's a catch. Similar to Smash's recent datamine leak, these characters are actually code named.

The code names being:
- Stone
- Yell
- Star
- Snow
- Reptile MK jokes here
- Yellow

These are kinda obvious. Stone is probably Rock, Star might be Algol or Viola (Amy's already gonna be in but you never know), Snow has to be Setsuka as that's what her name literally translates to, my first thought for Reptile was Aeon Calcos but he's already in... Or so I thought. Turns out you can make A Lizardman, but not play as the Lizardman.

Yellow is probably gonna get people hyped, as it's likely Hwang. Hwang in Korean means either golden or yellow.

Yell is the wild card cause I have no idea who it could be referring to. Maybe it's a guest character. People are saying it's Hilde but I doubt it.

So yeah, to recap, the second season for SCVI is looking like:
- Rock
- "Yell"
- Algol or Viola
- Setsuka
- Aeon Calcos
- Hwang

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, we're back at it again with datamine leaks. This time it's Soul Calibur VI again.

As you may or may not know, Amy and Cassandra are pretty much set in stone as the final two DLC characters for season pass 1.

But with the new patch that just went live, people datamined the PC version again and found files for a whopping 6 new characters after Amy and Cassandra. However, there's a catch. Similar to Smash's recent datamine leak, these characters are actually code named.

The code names being:
- Stone
- Yell
- Star
- Snow
- Reptile MK jokes here
- Yellow

These are kinda obvious. Stone is probably Rock, Star might be Algol or Viola (Amy's already gonna be in but you never know), Snow has to be Setsuka as that's what her name literally translates to, my first thought for Reptile was Aeon Calcos but he's already in... Or so I thought. Turns out you can make A Lizardman, but not play as the Lizardman.

Yellow is probably gonna get people hyped, as it's likely Hwang. Hwang in Korean means either golden or yellow.

Yell is the wild card cause I have no idea who it could be referring to. Maybe it's a guest character. People are saying it's Hilde but I doubt it.

- Rock
- "Yell"
- Algol or Viola
- Setsuka
- Aeon Calcos
- Hwang
Finally, my main is here.
jontron mwah.gif

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

The code names being:
- Stone
- Yell
- Star
- Snow
- Reptile MK jokes here
- Yellow

- Rock
- "Yell"
- Algol or Viola
- Setsuka
- Aeon Calcos
- Hwang
Oh, when enough time has passed to not care about that game because Aeon Calcos specifically wasn't in it, this happens...

Potato_

Smash Lord

The code names being:
- Stone
- Yell
- Star
- Snow
- Reptile MK jokes here
- Yellow

- Rock
- "Yell"
- Algol or Viola
- Setsuka
- Aeon Calcos
- Hwang
Setsuka makes me very happy. Probably my favorite SC character next to Kilik and Raphael.

I think Star makes a lot more sense for Viola, but there are quite a few references to Algol in this game so yeah I could see either one. Personally hoping for Algol.

Others are W/E for me, but I'm pretty satisfied when it comes to SC characters. Hilde is the only glaring omission IMO.

KMDP

Smash Legend

The code names being:
- Stone
- Yell
- Star
- Snow
- Reptile MK jokes here
- Yellow

- Rock
- "Yell"
- Algol or Viola
- Setsuka
- Aeon Calcos
- Hwang
"Something something should have been in the base game"

Cool beans.

I could see the mystery character being Hilde if the codename was "Victory" or something, it's probably another third party character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You were obviously tipping every scale possible...good job
Well, I did play Robin and got a perfect 2-0 run all the way up to Winner's Finals.

Then I got knocked out by a... Chrom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom