• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
little did they know, 2 and half hours isnt enough
The recap video with Barry Kramer (here) is seven hours long.

I like the fact that Scott (KaiserNeko) says "I'm out!" when Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance comes up on the count of Time Travel and makes a show of leaving (but doesn't actually), as if there's not going to be even more Time Travel in Kingdom Hearts 3. :laugh:

Also, the reactions of the tech/camera guy (don't know his name, I think it's Brian) to everything (he's never played Kingdom Hearts) is Pure. Gold.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, I did play Robin and got a perfect 2-0 run all the way up to Winner's Finals.

Then I got knocked out by a... Chrom...
That’s gotta be some sort of irony there. The best friend you unintentionally take advantage of (and **** his sisters and daughters) is the one to take you down
Why do we care what he said? He's busy mourning over Ashi.
Damn
Sam Jack should've stayed in the damn future. Some lesson about "we can't change the past, we can only improve the lives in the present."

But no, we had literally every single action done in the future wiped off the face of existence, making everything Jack's done meaningless.

All because someone watched Gurren Lagann and wanted to do that really badly.
Jack staying in the future would’ve made his whole goal of “getting back to the past” pointless then...meaning the awesome theme song would’ve been pointless...it’s like you would’ve preferred true hell over what Jack got
HOW IN THE ****ING **** OF ****S DID I MISS THE FACT THAT ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3 WAS BEING MADE BY, MOTHER ****ING NIOH AND NINJA GAIDEN CREATORS, TEAM NINJA!!!

WHAT THE ****
outside of Nintendo publishing it and Marvel bringing it back in general being more important, idk how you missed this info

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The recap video with Barry Kramer (here) is seven hours long.

I like the fact that Scott (KaiserNeko) says "I'm out!" when Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance comes up on the count of Time Travel and makes a show of leaving (but doesn't actually), as if there's not going to be even more Time Travel in Kingdom Hearts 3. :laugh:

Also, the reactions of the tech/camera guy (don't know his name, I think it's Brian) to everything (he's never played Kingdom Hearts) is Pure. Gold.
People who skip of DDD because of the time travel have a huuuuuuuge storm waiting for them :174:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pokemon Gen 8 is likely releasing this year
Smash DLC is until 2020
"G-guys Lycanroc still has a shot!"

Come on man this is just sad, I've even defended that thing in the past but it isn't happening
Yeah I can't see that character happening at all, no disrespect to fans of that character. Any new PKMN character is going to be Gen 8 and if by some miracle Gen 7 got another PKMN, it would be Decidueye, the character who almost got in the game.

That's even going under the assumption that there's going to be any 1st party characters which I kinda doubt a bit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Royal Rumble weekend begins tonight...and better end with Becky Lynch ruling the world

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Calling all Nintenzone Fate series like Ivander Ivander @Shishœ DarkAuraful DarkAuraful The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn and Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy !

Movie tickets for the second Fate/Stay Night's Heaven's Feel, lost butterfly, can now be purchased online! It will air in select US theaters only on the night of March 14.

If you want to purchase tickets for the showing, here's the link. Just click on "Buy Tickets," type in your zip code in the next page, and it will locate nearby theaters to your location that will air the movie that night. You can then click on the movie theater you want to watch the movie at and make your purchase from there. Make sure you buy your tickets as soon as possible: they will sell out VERY FAST, not to mention you'll be less likely to find a good seat if you buy tickets later!

I already bought my ticket last night (thanks Facebook for notifying me!), and for once, a limited time movie is airing in a neighboring town where I live. Pretty cool for me!

As for those that don't live in the US and thus might find this message rather irrelevant (I know this little bit will be pertinent to you, Shishœ), well... I guess you can see this message as two things: either the start of a possible plan to visit the US the week the movie airs, or as a heads up when the movie will be released on blu-ray and thus watchable online.

For the latter, now that we know the movie will be coming to US theaters on March 14 and considering the length of time it took for when the last HF movie released on blu-ray, we can expect the movie will finally be watchable online sometime in July, so basically in the middle of summer.

D

Deleted member

Shish Plays Persona 5: I'm still in the first Palace but look how damn long this is Edition
  • Nice damn intro
  • I've said this before but I can't stress it enough: red/black is my Aethetic™ so everything in this game just looks great to me. And it's more than just the colors, because I saw some of P4 and that game wouldn't have looked as good even with red and black. This game just stylizes everything and I love how extra it is.
  • I'm still in the title screen and I already have things to talk about, this game is the definition of "we have no reason to do this but we're gonna do it anyways"
  • Too bad they don't add the things they actually needed though lol, I'll get to this in a bit
  • Starting with an action sequence, are we?
  • oh no it's in media res
  • OH NO IT'S HOW WE GOT HERE
  • This game can't decide if it does animated cutscenes, in-engine cutscenes, voiced dialogue scenes or non-dialogue scenes that don't auto-advance
  • Went with the canon name because self-inserting is the last thing I want in an RPG when will game devs learn this?
  • The first two things you learn about Joker are that he's extra as **** and he respects women so they got me to like him pretty quick
  • Joker is, like, the hottest character in this game why can't I just date him instead?
  • Yeah yeah train accidents, who cares I'm sure this won't be relevant at all
  • Sojiro is... how can I put it? Way too straight for my liking
  • I get Joker got (wronfully) convicted but damn, this guy is really gonna make me sleep at the back of his shop?
  • Mysterious app, just open it, it says you get a cool Stand or something
  • School time
  • Everyone's an ASSHOLE!
  • Oh hey it's the teacher you can ****
  • Oh hey it's the teacher who ****s
  • Oh hey that's just Kingpin, he's the principal
  • Actual school time
  • Oh god this game is making me pick up trains
  • "It's easy just read the signs"
  • THEY'RE IN ****ING JAPANESE, GAME
  • Man, hmm, man, they're really subtle with Ann's whole thing, oh god, I din't like where this is going
  • Now Owain is here
  • And now we're in a castle
  • Man, I knew this game was extra but I didn't think the school would be too
  • Kamoshida is the name of the asshole? More like: *** on ****-A, ha, gottem!
  • I thought he was naked for a second but turns out he does wear underpants which is probably the nicest thing I can say about him
  • Oh cool a mask
  • OH GOD THERE'S BLOOD EVERYWHERE
  • Oh cool is that a Stand?
  • Like, even the Stands are extra as ****. Jojo will have some muscly dudes that don't even wear clothes and sometimes they're oink, sometimes they're purple
  • Persona has some red dude in a tuxedo and a top hate with wings and he's on fire
  • Now there's a cat here
  • You know what, a cat is fine too
  • Sorry, he says he's not a cat, I apologize
  • So he's not fine
  • Yay, we escaped
  • God *** on ****-A really is nd asshole
  • More and more I slowly come to understand Owain
  • Sorry, Ryuji, he changed his name again
  • He's totally not Owain, guys *audible wink*
  • Ryuji doesn't deserve this ****, I wanna see him punch *** on ****-A's face already
  • Oh cool so the thief thematic isn't just for show, you actually do have to sneak up on enemies, I was worried you wouldn't get to do anything thief-like
  • Morgana: "That's called a Persona"
  • Joker: "You mean a Stand?"
  • Morgana: "No, that's--"
  • Ryuji: "But how can I see them if I'm not a Stand user?"
  • Okay gyess we're just gonna shoot people now, huh
  • Gun is just a ****ing tyoe of attack I can't get over this ****
  • Imagine Joker walking up to god and
  • God: "Feeble human, there's nothing you can do, you are but an insect to me! Your Stand means nothing, because I am God!"
  • Joker, pulling out a gun: "Think again, *****"
  • Actually, you don't have to imagine that because I'm willing to be that's just how the final battle goes
  • The magical elements include: Ice, Lightning, Fire, Wind, Curse, Light, Physical and Gun
  • Last Surprise is just straight uo the standard battle theme??? Whaaaaaat!?
  • Oh yeah babey, Ryuji has a Stand now!
  • Ryuji: "Oh, so that's how I was able to see them before!"
  • Joker: "What musical reference is Captain Kidd though?"
  • Morgana is really just cat Mineta, huh?
  • Every single moment of this Palace and the real world shenanigans are "why you should beat the **** out of this asshole" and man, is it working
  • Got these kids to almost say something and Mr. ****-A is being a ****ter again
  • I'm gonna beat uo this dude's face later though, that's all I played

KMDP

Smash Legend
Like, even the Stands are extra as ****. Jojo will have some muscly dudes that don't even wear clothes and sometimes they're oink, sometimes they're purple
...The best typos are the ones that still work.
I get Joker got (wronfully) convicted but damn, this guy is really gonna make me sleep at the back of his shop?
I don't think you appreciate just how much Japanese people hate those who stand out, especially criminals. Social Order (or perceived Social Order) is serious business to them. Sojiro (and the school)'s reaction to Joker is pretty much a 100% realistic way for Japanese people to respond to a criminal record.

It's why, in Ace Attorney, Phoenix tends to go for nothing less than a complete exoneration for his clients, even slightly admitting that his client committed the crime they are accused of would ruin their life.
Yeah yeah train accidents, who cares I'm sure this won't be relevant at all
*coughs awkwardly*
  • So he's not fine
Did you just reference a 13-year-old meme?
(Don't listen to him! He's totally a cat!)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real talk, I'm really annoyed I can't date Ryuji because I'd already be doing that if I could
I don't think you appreciate just how much Japanese people hate those who stand out, especially criminals. Social Order (or perceived Social Order) is serious business to them. Sojiro (and the school)'s reaction to Joker is pretty much a 100% realistic way for Japanese people to respond to a criminal record.
Oh no, I'm sure it's realistic but damn if it isn't ****ty.

I mean, the whole game is about marginalized people coming together so of course they gotta show how ****ty this perceived perfect society really is.
*coughs awkwardly*
I was being sarcastic lol
Did you just reference a 13-year-old meme?
It's a Fate meme, past, present and future don't exist in the Throne of Memes

KMDP

Smash Legend
Real talk, I'm really annoyed I can't date Ryuji because I'd already be doing that if I could
Persona 4 actually had evidence of the player having been able to date Yosuke (Ryuji's equivalent) at some point in it's development, but the mechanic was cut; the lines for the confession scene are still present (translated and voice acted too) in the final game, but can't be accessed without datamining.
Oh no, I'm sure it's realistic but damn if it isn't ****ty.

I mean, the whole game is about marginalized people coming together so of course they gotta show how ****ty this perceived perfect society really is.
The scene with Joker in the prison is also realistic (if exaggerated), or at least it used to be (not sure how the Japanese police handle criminals nowadays), I've read anecdotes about how they beat suspects, shout in their face, deny them food or sleep, etc etc, until they confess (regardless of whether the person is innocent or guilty).

The idea is that the police "only arrest people they are sure are criminals" but that doesn't always pan out.
I was being sarcastic lol
Don't worry, I got it, I was making a joke of it.

Conservation of Detail and all that, they wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't important
It's a Fate meme, past, present and future don't exist in the Throne of Memes
I made a veiled reference to the meme a few weeks ago when someone brought up the possibility that furries would want to date Morgana.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, I listened to the TFS reviews for the movie, and...

...I agree with Nick (Lanipator), attacks like this really felt like the animators doing a FighterZ Special Attack Showcase.

Toei: "Hey, Hey, ArcSys. Perfectly good Level 3 for a playable Gogeta right here."
Moving on to FighterZ, the Broly movie actually gives some interesting locales that could be used as Stages...
  • Northern Continent
  • Northern Continent (Volcanic)
  • Private Island [yes, I think this could work as a FighterZ stage]

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of Dragon Ball Super: Broly, I listened to the TFS reviews for the movie, and...

...I agree with Nick (Lanipator), attacks like this really felt like the animators doing a FighterZ Special Attack Showcase.

Toei: "Hey, Hey, ArcSys. Perfectly good Level 3 for a playable Gogeta right here."
Speaking of FighterZ, the Broly movie actually gives some interesting locales that could be used as Stages...
  • Northern Continent
I'm also a big fan of the ki blast barrage finishing off with stardust breaker. That seems like perfect lvl 3->lvl 5 material.
Also, the ki-shield seems so explicitly a fighting game mechanic, I can't imagine he won't be a fighter one day.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also with Metroid being in such a bad state, I highly doubt sylux is dlc. A lot of people began to say he probably isn’t but there were still some that hold onto it. I can’t see it happening now.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman

Moving on to FighterZ, the Broly movie actually gives some interesting locales that could be used as Stages...
  • Northern Continent
Yes. I like some Dragon Ball Super: Broly in Dragon Ball Fighters (with a Z)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm also a big fan of the ki blast barrage finishing off with stardust breaker. That seems like perfect lvl 3->lvl 5 material.
Also, the ki-shield seems so explicitly a fighting game mechanic, I can't imagine he won't be a fighter one day.
Actually, I just thought of something that would make for an interesting mechanic regarding the Soul Punisher/Stardust Breaker...

If you're standing right next to an opponent, Gogeta will use Punisher Drive into Soul Punisher (the attack used against Janemba)
If you're standing far away from the opponent, Gogeta will use God Punisher into Soul Punisher (the attack used against Broly)

Chrono.

Also with Metroid being in such a bad state, I highly doubt sylux is dlc. A lot of people began to say he probably isn’t but there were still some that hold onto it. I can’t see it happening now.
I can't even believe the idea caught on that much.

Sylux was always a "well if we can't get Ridley or Dark Samus..." option for most Metroid fans and while he did have his legit fans there was always the issue of him basically being devoid of any character and having one small game to his name.

For DLC that's a hard sell, whether he was going to be a huge focus of Prime 4 or not.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Im at that point where Im scared to enter the dating scene again and it's starting to worry me. I think fear of rejection is the reason why but idk anymore.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I can't even believe the idea caught on that much.

Sylux was always a "well if we can't get Ridley or Dark Samus..." option for most Metroid fans and while he did have his legit fans there was always the issue of him basically being devoid of any character and having one small game to his name.

For DLC that's a hard sell, whether he was going to be a huge focus of Prime 4 or not.
Yeah I would agree. Sylux being a "lock" or something close to that was a hard sell with or without promotion. Especially considering it's usually protags that get the promotional treatment and not the villains.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I would agree. Sylux being a "lock" or something close to that was a hard sell with or without promotion. Especially considering it's usually protags that get the promotional treatment and not the villains.
As a Metroid fan, i prefer to get the baby Metroid as a new rep more than Sylux.

Mostly because Piranha Plant inspired me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As a Metroid fan, i prefer to get the baby Metroid as a new rep more than Sylux.

Mostly because Piranha Plant inspired me.
I think people are getting way ahead of themselves when it comes to PP lol. The character was a early-adopter bonus which otherwise wouldn't work for a fan-favorite character and is a character everyone recognizes from the core Mario series.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think people are getting way ahead of themselves when it comes to PP lol. The character was a early-adopter bonus which otherwise wouldn't work for a fan-favorite character and is a character everyone recognizes from the core Mario series.
I mean to be fair...

its name is the title.

D

Deleted member

True.

Although the baby Metroid is also a character who is involved a lot in the lore, and is part of the species who gives the name of the series.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean to be fair...

its name is the title.
True.

Although the baby Metroid is also a character who is involved a lot in the lore, and is part of the species who gives the name of the series.
Yeah but Metroid itself isn't remotely close to the level of Mario when it comes to brand awareness. Even Zelda to a lesser extent.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hey, just realized I had 999 posts, so this is my 1000 post in the site. I wanted to do it here since this is where almost all the posts are.

I know I don't post as much as many other users, but many times I simply don't have much to say. I'm just glad I'm part of this group of viewtiful people and able to share neat stuff with you guys. Nothing else to say right now, hope you guys have a great day and keep being awesome.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shish Plays Persona 5: I'm still in the first Palace but look how damn long this is Edition
  • Nice damn intro
  • I've said this before but I can't stress it enough: red/black is my Aethetic™ so everything in this game just looks great to me. And it's more than just the colors, because I saw some of P4 and that game wouldn't have looked as good even with red and black. This game just stylizes everything and I love how extra it is.
  • I'm still in the title screen and I already have things to talk about, this game is the definition of "we have no reason to do this but we're gonna do it anyways"
  • Too bad they don't add the things they actually needed though lol, I'll get to this in a bit
  • Starting with an action sequence, are we?
  • oh no it's in media res
  • OH NO IT'S HOW WE GOT HERE
  • This game can't decide if it does animated cutscenes, in-engine cutscenes, voiced dialogue scenes or non-dialogue scenes that don't auto-advance
  • Went with the canon name because self-inserting is the last thing I want in an RPG when will game devs learn this?
  • The first two things you learn about Joker are that he's extra as **** and he respects women so they got me to like him pretty quick
  • Joker is, like, the hottest character in this game why can't I just date him instead?
  • Yeah yeah train accidents, who cares I'm sure this won't be relevant at all
  • Sojiro is... how can I put it? Way too straight for my liking
  • I get Joker got (wronfully) convicted but damn, this guy is really gonna make me sleep at the back of his shop?
  • Mysterious app, just open it, it says you get a cool Stand or something
  • School time
  • Everyone's an *******!
  • Oh hey it's the teacher you can ****
  • Oh hey it's the teacher who ****s
  • Oh hey that's just Kingpin, he's the principal
  • Actual school time
  • Oh god this game is making me pick up trains
  • "It's easy just read the signs"
  • THEY'RE IN ****ING JAPANESE, GAME
  • Man, hmm, man, they're really subtle with Ann's whole thing, oh god, I din't like where this is going
  • Now Owain is here
  • And now we're in a castle
  • Man, I knew this game was extra but I didn't think the school would be too
  • Kamoshida is the name of the *******? More like: *** on ****-A, ha, gottem!
  • I thought he was naked for a second but turns out he does wear underpants which is probably the nicest thing I can say about him
  • Oh cool a mask
  • OH GOD THERE'S BLOOD EVERYWHERE
  • Oh cool is that a Stand?
  • Like, even the Stands are extra as ****. Jojo will have some muscly dudes that don't even wear clothes and sometimes they're oink, sometimes they're purple
  • Persona has some red dude in a tuxedo and a top hate with wings and he's on fire
  • Now there's a cat here
  • So he's not fine
  • Yay, we escaped
  • God *** on ****-A really is nd *******
  • More and more I slowly come to understand Owain
  • Sorry, Ryuji, he changed his name again
  • He's totally not Owain, guys *audible wink*
  • Ryuji doesn't deserve this ****, I wanna see him punch *** on ****-A's face already
  • Oh cool so the thief thematic isn't just for show, you actually do have to sneak up on enemies, I was worried you wouldn't get to do anything thief-like
  • Morgana: "That's called a Persona"
  • Joker: "You mean a Stand?"
  • Morgana: "No, that's--"
  • Ryuji: "But how can I see them if I'm not a Stand user?"
  • Okay gyess we're just gonna shoot people now, huh
  • Gun is just a ****ing tyoe of attack I can't get over this ****
  • Imagine Joker walking up to god and
  • God: "Feeble human, there's nothing you can do, you are but an insect to me! Your Stand means nothing, because I am God!"
  • Joker, pulling out a gun: "Think again, *****"
  • Actually, you don't have to imagine that because I'm willing to be that's just how the final battle goes
  • The magical elements include: Ice, Lightning, Fire, Wind, Curse, Light, Physical and Gun
  • Last Surprise is just straight uo the standard battle theme??? Whaaaaaat!?
  • Oh yeah babey, Ryuji has a Stand now!
  • Ryuji: "Oh, so that's how I was able to see them before!"
  • Joker: "What musical reference is Captain Kidd though?"
  • Morgana is really just cat Mineta, huh?
  • Every single moment of this Palace and the real world shenanigans are "why you should beat the **** out of this *******" and man, is it working
  • Got these kids to almost say something and Mr. ****-A is being a ****ter again
  • I'm gonna beat uo this dude's face later though, that's all I played
Ryuji is kinda meh to me. He’s my least used character lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey, just realized I had 999 posts, so this is my 1000 post in the site. I wanted to do it here since this is where almost all the posts are.

I know I don't post as much as many other users, but many times I simply don't have much to say. I'm just glad I'm part of this group of viewtiful people and able to share neat stuff with you guys. Nothing else to say right now, hope you guys have a great day and keep being awesome.
Considering you've only made it to 1,000 now means you have a healthy, productive social life. Well done my guy!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I just saw Wargroove just cracked in the Top 30 best sellers in the Switch E-Shop today. Previously, it was only in the Top 30 among Digital-only games but now it cranked a spot in the Top 30 both physical and digital in addition to being #12 among digital games.

Hopefully that number keeps increasing on the road to Feb 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom