• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Those are dumb critics, imo.
I found the trailers already released neat, since my biggest worry is the Skrulls who I found neat on them.
I want to see the way they change their appearance and if the design from the first concept art will be used in some flashbacks.

Besides that, I am liking this take on the character of Carol Danvers.
You know, calling those people critics is already giving them too much credit

D

Deleted member

Indeed.
The things they rant about aren’t a huge deal.
For a Captain Marvel adaptation which takes place decades ago, the trailers look pretty promising.

Maybe I'll rewatch the first The LEGO Movie to prepare for the sequel.
That movie deserved at least a nomination for best animated picture in the Oscars.

But instead it wasn’t nominated and Big Hero 6 won (a movie that i didn’t dislike, but i found other animated movies that year better).

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've seen folks unironically think the "punching an old lady" thing was a rallying cry to attack Trump supporters. Sure they're also Q Anon cultists but yeah.

...I need to cull some of the people I went to high school with out of my friends list, don't I? :|

D

Deleted member

I've seen folks unironically think the "punching an old lady" thing was a rallying cry to attack Trump supporters. Sure they're also Q Anon cultists but yeah.

...I need to cull some of the people I went to high school with out of my friends list, don't I? :|
Those “rants” are just pathetic. It is better to ignore them.

Speaking about other MCU movies, i would like to say something: i prefer the Civil War movie more than the comic it is based on.
The Civil War movie portrays the characters present on it better than the comic did. There isn’t a time where you say “X Character would never do that! What the hell!?”, and the decisions made by them are fair.
Meanwhile, the comic throws years of stories to the trash and makes Spider-Man reveal his identity without any logic and shows Mr.Fantastic doing stuff he would never do in many other comics like supporting the end of secret identities (even when he knows that a person as important to his family as Spider-Man would be seriously destroyed by that scenario).

While the movie has less characters and subplots than the comics, it makes a good job with them and even succeeds on the points where the comic fails.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Those “rants” are just pathetic. It is better to ignore them.

Speaking about other MCU movies, i would like to say something: i prefer the Civil War movie more than the comic it is based on.
The Civil War movie portrays the characters present on it better than the comic did. There isn’t a time where you say “X Character would never do that! What the hell!?”, and the decisions made by them are fair.
Meanwhile, the comic throws years of stories to the trash and makes Spider-Man reveal his identity without any logic and shows Mr.Fantastic doing stuff he would never do in many other comics like supporting the end of secret identities (even when he knows that a person as important to his family as Spider-Man would be seriously destroyed by that scenario).

While the movie has less characters and subplots than the comics, it makes a good job with them and even succeeds on the points where the comic fails.
Yeah, that's a pretty common opinion, from what I've seen. The comic version had its highs, but also its really low lows. The movie is almost Civil War in name only, but it's definitely for the better. :p

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's a pretty common opinion, from what I've seen. The comic version had its highs, but also its really low lows. The movie is almost Civil War in name only, but it's definitely for the better. :p
Indeed.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ok, I need to talk about Captain Marvel... because it is hard to explain.

Have you ever found a new movie that looks neat for what it is and you can’t think about any problem with the trailers... but it has one single thing that makes the idea of watching the movie vital to you? That’s what is happening to me with Captain Marvel, and the things which make me find the idea of watching it important or necessary are the Skrulls.

As a Fantastic Four fan I despise the stuff done by Fox with the property, to the point that i used to give up on the idea of the First Family getting justice on the big screen... Until I started seeing the Easter Eggs and cameos of the Fantastic Four characters who Marvel Studios shared with Fox in some of their movies (the original Human Torch in his containment tube on The First Avenger, the Watchers in GotG2 and a few more...). These cameos and references stood out to me, mostly because i saw care and effort into them. I always wondered how things would work if Marvel Studios had control over all the stuff related to the F4 outside of these minor details or appearances... And it seems like I am close to know the answer.

When Marvel announced the Captain Marvel movie i was indifferent: I was interested on seeing it, but not as a priority... until they showed the concept art for the Skrulls on a conference. When i saw the art i was amazed and shaking, because Marvel Studios had just revealed that they are going to take a bigger step with the Fantastic Four properties. After that day, i have been informing myself about anything in the movie involving the Skrulls.

If Captain Marvel ends up showing a good adaptation of the Skrulls I won’t even care if everything else sucks and the movie gets hated: the movie would be remembered by me as a huge and key step into a better future on the big screen for the First Family. However, if the Skrulls end up being bad, as much as the movie may be good... it will be a defeat for me.

Marvel Studios will soon own the movie rights of the team, and Captain Marvel will be the start of things to come because of the Skrulls. If they can’t make them work... then i don’t know who could.
For a moment I thought you were talking about the DC Captain Marvel.

Then I remembered he's called "Shazam" now and shed a manly tear. Seriously, it's really stupid; if Billy Batson's Superhero name is Shazam then he can't say the name in public without turning back into Billy.

Of course this is beating a horse that has long been dead.
"Why woman not smile" from the usual incels
I really don't think that's an Incel argument (the "sexy costume" one I'll give you).

Having the hero be all dour and serious constantly is exactly what people hate about the DCEU.

Granted, Carol Danvers is a... troubled person (Death Battle put it best: "When Tony Stark says you have a drinking problem, you really have a drinking problem), but I can see why people not familiar with her characterisation would be reticent about that.

D

Deleted member

Then I remembered he's called "Shazam" now and shed a manly tear. Seriously, it's really stupid; if Billy Batson's Superhero name is Shazam then he can't say the name in public without turning back into Billy.

I suppose that the transformation only works when he screams the name, and not when he just says it like normal.

I really don't think that's an Incel argument (the "sexy costume" one I'll give you).

Having the hero be all dour and serious constantly is exactly what people hate about the DCEU.

Granted, Carol Danvers is a... troubled person (Death Battle put it best: "When Tony Stark says you have a drinking problem, you really have a drinking problem), but I can see why people not familiar with her characterisation would be reticent about that.
The problem is that many of the reticent people claim to be comic book fans, which is already a problem from the start.
The “rants” they give are just wrong, and even confuse people outside of the world of comics.

When you compare MCU’s Captain Marvel with her counterpart from the comics, there isn’t really many differences outside of a few exceptions from what we know so far (the supposed lack of Mar-Vell, for example), and those aren’t even a huge deal since they are justified.

I’ve seen a giant cloud trying to pass as Galactus on a movie where Jessica Alba is Susan Storm and a possesed mannequin from a car factory claiming to be Doctor Doom on a movie where the Thing is naked. I know when an adaptation is doing things wrong pretty well.

Chrono.

Okay Ricochet coming out in Miles Morales gear is actually sick.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

hey now, i'd watch a movie where captain marvel punches trump supporters

KMDP

Smash Legend
I suppose that the transformation only works when he screams the name, and not when he just says it like normal.
Reporter: So, what's your name, hero?
Batson: I'm Shazam! *thoom* ...Darn it.
The problem is that many of the reticent people claim to be comic book fans, which is already a problem from the start.
The “rants” they give are just wrong, and even confuse people outside of the world of comics.

When you compare MCU’s Captain Marvel with her counterpart from the comics, there isn’t really many differences outside of a few exceptions from what we know so far (the supposed lack of Mar-Vell, for example), and those aren’t even a huge deal since they are justified.

I’ve seen a giant cloud trying to pass as Galactus on a movie where Jessica Alba is Susan Storm and a possesed mannequin from a car factory claiming to be Doctor Doom on a movie where the Thing is naked. I know when an adaptation is doing things wrong pretty well.
...That was kind of my point, though (I think...?).

Regardless of whether or not the people are comic book fans like they claim to be or not, if their rants are wrong then that kind of proves they aren't.

Carol Danvers was never going to be sunshine and rainbows, but people unfamiliar with the character might find that off-putting, after the huge chain of comedic heroes in the MCU.

To me, it makes sense to place Captain Marvel's movie here, between the two Infinity War movies (regardless of where it takes place in the timeline); Infinity War is the darkest hour of the plot. It'd be weird to put Captain Marvel between, say, Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-man.

Rag-tag Bunch of Space Mercenaries!
...Dark and brooding Alcoholic dealing with an Invasion of the Body Snatchers plot...
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

See, the thing is that Captain Marvel is being played as a more serious hero in the MCU, where there's jokes galore to the point where the Avengers couldn't seem to go 5 minutes without making a quip so that's blatantly not the case. There's also the fact that women are often told they should smile more which is rather degrading. Especially as the people complaining didn't have a problem with the movie posters of every other super hero movie not having smiling heroes.

D

Deleted member

See, the thing is that Captain Marvel is being played as a more serious hero in the MCU, where there's jokes galore to the point where the Avengers couldn't seem to go 5 minutes without making a quip so that's blatantly not the case. There's also the fact that women are often told they should smile more which is rather degrading. Especially as the people complaining didn't have a problem with the movie posters of every other super hero movie not having smiling heroes.
Exactly.
And you know what’s the funny thing? Carol Danvers smiles in the freaking trailers!
She smiles, yet some are falsely claiming that it isn’t the case.

DD98254D-E43A-4A6F-9F34-D95740FFFB5C.png

D

Deleted member

Captain Marvel is a movie I'm really excited for because a female lead is something thag has took way too much time to hapoen in the MCU.
Also, more Nick Fury who I think is a severely underused character in the MCU.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Exactly.
And you know what’s the funny thing? Carol Danvers smiles in the freaking trailers!
She smiles, yet some are falsely claiming that it isn’t the case.
Some people don't watch the trailers (and don't bother to fact check).

Well, I'm done playing Devil's Advocate for now, because I was arguing from a place of misinformation which is never a good idea to start with.

D

Deleted member

Captain Marvel is a movie I'm really excited for because a female lead is something thag has took way too much time to hapoen in the MCU.
True. And if everything goes right, it will be the start of a bright future for the Fantastic Four on the big screen.

I hope that this movie succeeds where Fox didn’t.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And Phil Coulson is back in the movies.

D

Deleted member

That too, indeed.
It was about time that they used characters or stuff from the TV shows in the movies.
Bring me the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff to any movie.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And I mean, just saying, due to Carol's Kree connection, they could feasibly tie the TAHITI Project into the movies, and then bring Phil back into the films without confusing people who don't watch Agents of SHIELD. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
True. And if everything goes right, it will be the start of a bright future for the Fantastic Four on the big screen.

I hope that this movie succeeds where Fox didn’t.
I dunno, JD, it kind of sounds like you have an ulterior motive.
That too, indeed.
It was about time that they used characters from the TV shows in the movies.
...Phil Coulson was in the first Thor and Avengers movies...

D

Deleted member

With this talk, I feel like my experience with the Fox movies may have made me too worried with the Fantastic Four content in the MCU.

Now that the users helped me remember how it helped Howard The Duck and Iron Man in the past, I am completely positive and excited to see Captain Marvel. I was also glad to clear some missinformation around it that has been spread online.

Needless to say, things are looking promising for the First Family’s future on the big screen.

...Phil Coulson was in the first Thor and Avengers movies...
Yes.
But now they can use some elements from Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the movies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes.
But now they can use some elements from Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the movies.
The way you said it, you made it sound like Phil Coulson was a character who was original to the MCU TV Shows.

THIS IS HOW MISINFORMATION SPREADS, JD!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just finished Spider-Man PS4's main game. It's ****ing great. There's some really awesome stuff I'm gonna go over.

My favorite level overall is the Prison Break at the Raft, that's when everything starts to get kicked up to 11. But the level where Mr.Negative makes Spider-Man re-live the City Hall incident was also pretty creative, gave them the chance to change up the environment in a decent way.

But the Hallucinations from Scorpion's Sting were even better. The Swinging to avoid the acid ocean reminded me of the PS1 Spider-Man game. I also really liked the dynamics between the Sinister Six members. Vulture and Electro working together and getting along, but Rhino and Scorpion constantly blaming the other at any opportunity.

Speaking of the PS1 game, That game had some great tracks in it.

If there was a way to, I'd mod in most of the Spider-Man game music from here, Maximum Carnage and Ulitmate.

Finished the rest of the game using the Last Stand Costume. Easily one of my favorites. Up there with the Classic, Raimi, Insulated and Noir suits. I think I could make a Suit tier list, but I don't have any of the DLC ones.

Josh Keaton and Chris Barnes are still my favorite voice actors for Spider-Man, Keaton especially. But Yuri Lowenthal really put in work. Especially in the end. Spider-Man's anger when he said "IT MEANS MORE TO ME!" was hype as ****. Man, a lot of the fights towards the end got really cool too. It's hard to say which is still my favorite Spider-Man game overall, since this title added a lot of Quality of Life stuff, but Ultimate's Story is just as good and offers amazing comic book visuals at the time. Both have pretty great endings.

Speaking of endings, I found a better ending song to Spider-Man PS4.

R.I.P Aunt May though.

D

Deleted member

I just finished Spider-Man PS4's main game. It's ****ing great. There's some really awesome stuff I'm gonna go over.

My favorite level overall is the Prison Break at the Raft, that's when everything starts to get kicked up to 11. But the level where Mr.Negative makes Spider-Man re-live the City Hall incident was also pretty creative, gave them the chance to change up the environment in a decent way.

But the Hallucinations from Scorpion's Sting were even better. The Swinging to avoid the acid ocean reminded me of the PS1 Spider-Man game. I also really liked the dynamics between the Sinister Six members. Vulture and Electro working together and getting along, but Rhino and Scorpion constantly blaming the other at any opportunity.

Speaking of the PS1 game, That game had some great tracks in it.

If there was a way to, I'd mod in most of the Spider-Man game music from here, Maximum Carnage and Ulitmate.

Finished the rest of the game using the Last Stand Costume. Easily one of my favorites. Up there with the Classic, Raimi, Insulated and Noir suits. I think I could make a Suit tier list, but I don't have any of the DLC ones.

Josh Keaton and Chris Barnes are still my favorite voice actors for Spider-Man, Keaton especially. But Yuri Lowenthal really put in work. Especially in the end. Spider-Man's anger when he said "IT MEANS MORE TO ME!" was hype as ****. Man, a lot of the fights towards the end got really cool too. It's hard to say which is still my favorite Spider-Man game overall, since this title added a lot of Quality of Life stuff, but Ultimate's Story is just as good and offers amazing comic book visuals at the time. Both have pretty great endings.

Speaking of endings, I found a better ending song to Spider-Man PS4.

R.I.P Aunt May though.
I also loved the game a lot.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I now have the hookshot and shall get the eggs within the Pirate's Palace....

But, I can't wait until I get through the Great Bay section of the game. I LOVE this location, and the areas are fun to explore...but the Zora form is awkward to control at first.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Urgh geez...
Can FE fans here explain why this video gets many dislikes besides...
-The video title will make some FE unhappy. But that's different topic later.
- DYK use a map of China with the five star flag and that has my country Taiwan included... Which is factually incorrect... Still Langrisser is also popular in Taiwan too... So...
- This DYK gaming video turns out to be just an advertisement.

This isn't on me capping on Langrisser but, to be fair it is interesting to sort of compare Langrisser and FE direction

Sure those who like both FE and especially Advance Wars, Ura Ura ? Are you seeing this? Langrisser could be a good mobile alternative. What's sad is that how the Chinese developers had to make it on MOBILE! Sure it is good but no matter how good the mobile game is it still can't hold a candle to the FE ganes on the console.

To be fair, If I remember correctly, Langrisser I&II is coming to Switch soon. So I recommended FE fans drop those pitch forks for a sec and try out the Japanese demo that is currently put if you can.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I will say that Daemon Hatfield, the reviewer they chose for Resident Evil 2, has picked up a whole lot more responsibilities at IGN since he came on as a reviewer. He's producer in a vast majority of their shows, a host on two I think, and is usually responsible for any sort of question blocks or interviews that go up on the channel. The fact that IGN saddled him with reviews and all that responsibility and expected him to do it just as well as anyone else could is just kind of ridiculous. Especially since IGN's review deadlines are ****ing ridiculous and have to be up the MOMENT the embargo lifts. So yeah, blame IGN not Daemon. Been seeing him get bullied on social media for this as of late.
People likely wouldn't have that info, which is why he'll get dunked on a little more. Shows poor management if the man has like 2 other jobs there and is still expected to review.

Hey, at least it's not the guy who plagiarized content.
Damn, I forgot about that. That was only a few months ago when it got a lot of attention.

Personal opinion, Valentines day is hella cheesy
It should be ****ing chocolaty. Dudes, don't give your girl Cheese on Valentine's day. That's weird.

Wow the RE2R soundtrack is fire.
Great. Now I've got a second character I associate this song with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want an actual Mark Ruffalo Hulk centered movie. The upcoming titles are really hype though.
The problem with that is Universal.
They own the distribution rights of Hulk, so Marvel Studios doesn’t want to make a solo movie until they work over that.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just want an actual Mark Ruffalo Hulk centered movie. The upcoming titles are really hype though.
I think there's legal issues preventing that - Universal still owns the distribution rights to any solo Hulk movie, so any decision for that has to go through them, and they get a chunk of the profits. The closest we can get for now is team-ups like Thor Ragnarok.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just finished Mega Man 11.

As someone who's only played a couple of the originals, it's pretty good. The gameplay is solid as always, the difficulty is good and doesn't feel cheap in how it handles itself, and the level designs are pretty good overall. I also love the idea of the Double Gear system, though I do think the Speed Gear overshadows the Power Gear in most respects since it's has both good offensive and defensive qualities, along with nice utility to go whereas Power Gear is more situational and limited. Still, it was fun to mess around with both and I hope the system returns with more unique spins taken with it.

Now to figure out which one of my backlog games I should go to next, I'm thinking either Undetale, Wonder Boy, or Odyssey.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The problem with that is Universal.
They own the distribution rights of Hulk, so Marvel Studios doesn’t want to make a solo movie until they work over that.
I am aware of what the issue is. But I'm confident that they'll work it out in the end. But regardless, that doesn't change the fact that we need this to happen. >:T

D

Deleted member

I am aware of what the issue is. But I'm confident that they'll work it out in the end. But regardless, that doesn't change the fact that we need this to happen. >:T
I agree with that.
A Hulk solo movie would be neat to have.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Urgh geez...
Can FE fans here explain why this video gets many dislikes besides...
-The video title will make some FE unhappy. But that's different topic later.
- DYK use a map of China with the five star flag and that has my country Taiwan included... Which is factually incorrect... Still Langrisser is also popular in Taiwan too... So...
- This DYK gaming video turns out to be just an advertisement.

This isn't on me capping on Langrisser but, to be fair it is interesting to sort of compare Langrisser and FE direction

Sure those who like both FE and especially Advance Wars, Ura Ura ? Are you seeing this? Langrisser could be a good mobile alternative. What's sad is that how the Chinese developers had to make it on MOBILE! Sure it is good but no matter how good the mobile game is it still can't hold a candle to the FE ganes on the console.

To be fair, If I remember correctly, Langrisser I&II is coming to Switch soon. So I recommended FE fans drop those pitch forks for a sec and try out the Japanese demo that is currently put if you can.
Yeah I saw that game from a video Lucky Crit posted. It's basically if Fire Emblem and Advance Wars had a baby. With the whole RPG/Fantasy elements of FE and the nameless troops from AW; implementing that tactical experience AW is known for.

Funny how Langrisser is the true "Fantasy Advance Wars" that people keep saying FE is despite the two series playing nothing like each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom