• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After like 2 months Cartoon Network LA "repremiered" the first Goku vs Jiren fight; Episodes 110 and 111 were previously aired with noticeable audio desync and image issues so they halted the new episodes to fix technical issues.

It was worth the wait, and now we are getting a marathon to compensate.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So, now that Jiren's more or less "out the way"/confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, who else are you guys expecting?

Videl and Roshi seem like some of the more popular Non-Goku picks. But I'm thinking Kefla and Toppo would be high priority for the DLC, since there's a lot to pull from for the ToP.

I'm thinking we'll get another 2 movie characters, and Janemba will be at least 1 of them.
I’d like Kale but I expect Kefla. I also hope for Videl, Roshi and Chi-Chi. Dabura would also be cool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’d like Kale but I expect Kefla. I also hope for Videl, Roshi and Chi-Chi. Dabura would also be cool.
Dabura turning people into statues by spitting cement could work like Cyrax's Net or something. And he's another sword guy.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So, now that Jiren's more or less "out the way"/confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, who else are you guys expecting?

Videl and Roshi seem like some of the more popular Non-Goku picks. But I'm thinking Kefla and Toppo would be high priority for the DLC, since there's a lot to pull from for the ToP.

I'm thinking we'll get another 2 movie characters, and Janemba will be at least 1 of them.
I'll throw in my predictions for Season 2 (assuming we're getting 8 characters again):
Jiren
Kefla
Ultra Instinct Goku
Gogeta
Janemba
Videl
Raditz
Zarbon

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I do admit that the restart of development for Metroid Prime 4 was disappointing, but as Miyamoto said, a delayed game is eventually good, while a rushed game is forever bad.

Still can't wait to see what will that game offer.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Toppo, Kefla, and Janemba all seem like safe bets. Other than that the fighters from Universes 2 & 9 could make for colorful additions. Gogeta & Canon Broly could also be a thing.

Heck, I could also see them pulling Moro out of left field before he makes an animated appearance.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gogeta, 100%. He's a really popular character with some interesting/unique attacks.
Also, his appearance in the latest movie helps a lot.

I'd love to see Roshi become playable. While I'd be glad to see Kale and Caulifla, I feel like we're going to get Kefla instead.

I also wouldn't mind some characters from the original Dragon Ball - while I sincerely doubt we'll get any, since characters from Z or Super would undoubtedly sell better, Demon King Piccolo, Tao Pai Pai, or Arale would be great.
That doesn’t need a spoiler tag when Gogeta was used to hype up the movie (unlike the real gritty spoilers)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That doesn’t need a spoiler tag when Gogeta was used to hype up the movie (unlike the real gritty spoilers)
I figure it's better to be safe than sorry; some people might not have followed the advertising too closely.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I figure it's better to be safe than sorry; some people might not have followed the advertising too closely.
I doubt they had a choice but to see an ad or twenty cause social media and Dokkan Battle being used for promotion aswell

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man... the new Backstreet Boys album is out. Why is it so hard to find? Every store I've been in has very limited cd selection!

Troykv

Smash Master
Wait.... how we do know about DBZF future stuff?

Also, I hope Retro Studios and co. does a good job with MP4; it needs to be a success.

Please vote for Micaiah in CYL3 BTW

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait.... how we do know about DBZF future stuff?

Also, I hope Retro Studios and co. does a good job with MP4; it needs to be a success.

Please vote for Micaiah in CYL3 BTW
"Please be prepared for reveals for DBFZ during the tournament on Jan 26-27"
*Jiren gets announced via a magazine scan
*Datamine suggests more DLC "slots"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thoughts on the Metroid Prime 4 news
  • I really appreciate Nintendo being transparent and care for quality on this rather than keeping their yaps shut for another year
  • If they aren't porting the trilogy, especially after this news, they would have to be stupid beyond belief
  • I still don't believe Retro is also working on the rumored "Star Fox Grand Prix"
  • This is definitely the final nail on the coffin on any Nintendo Direct in the near future
A Little Mermaid game made by Nintendo...that wouldn’t be a bad thing honestly
Actually they have

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Heard about Metroid Prime 4 this morning.

I'm genuinely surprised that it came to this point. Nintendo have released sub-par titles and games that had hellish development cycles before, but Metroid Prime 4 must've been really, really bad to call for the entire thing to be scrapped and start fresh with a different studio. Glad that Retro Studios is back at the helm, even if most of the staff that worked on the Metroid Prime trilogy of games have left by now. Respect Nintendo's decision, as it's for the better, but I absolutely admire their transparency about it. If they hadn't revealed it in 2017, it may have been scrapped altogether. Explains why we haven't heard anything about it at all since then, either.

But I'm still puzzled with what Retro Studios has been up to. Their last main game was Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze in 2014. Only thing Retro Studios has done since then has been the port of Tropical Freeze to the Switch, with the bonus Funky Mode last year. That doesn't take four years to make. What have Retro Studios been up to since then? We know about the rumored Star Fox: Grand Prix game, but the rumors started around May last year, and we've heard nothing since.

Is Star Fox: Grand Prix, or whatever title they've been working on since 2014, near completion? Are they putting whatever they've been working on on the back burner to focus on Metroid Prime 4? Or are they cancelling all their current projects to go all-hands-on-deck with their new assignment? There's just no way that Retro Studios has been idle since 2014 aside from porting Tropical Freeze.

Hopefully we'll hear about something from Retro Studios early this year.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm grateful for what they're doing with Metroid Prime 4. If it means that they can make it a better game, then I will wait. This year has some ace titles in it as is, so its not like our hands are empty until then. This also gives me the opportunity to actually finish the Prime series. Which I hope gets ported to the Switch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Earlier there were rumors of v2.0.0 for Smash Ultimate coming next week.

It's a rumor no more!

Direct next week?

Also just saying Tuesday would be a good direct day.
You know what else is next week though?

Kingdom hearts.

*cue x files music.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Just in case anyone isn't up early, Prime 4 got delayed since Nintendo decided to bring Retro back to develop it. On one hand, this means the game is probably a 2020/2021 title. On the other hand, Retro's back and they made Metroid Prime what it was.

So I'm not sure how to feel. I guess a little more optimistic, since the end result might turn out better.
I'm conflicted, as I was REALLY excited for Prime 4 releasing in the later half of 2019, but if it's to get Retro on board then I'm okay with it.

I'm just really curious as to what the game looked like for Nintendo to completely stop development and redo it.

DB fandom is particularly awful about this.

The Saiyan girls couldn't do anything without dudes on the internet screeching about power scaling even though they didn't do anything game breaking (compared to other characters going around at that time) nor anything that's out of ordinary for the show.
Honestly the only thing that had me confused was how Caulifla reached SS2 so quickly. Other than that, everything with the Saiyan girls was fine, I really didn't see how they were Mary Sue's in any way.

although Kale's personality being entirely focused around Caulifla made me really annoyed

Assuming we get 8:

Jiren
UI Goku
Gogeta (From the recent movie)
Janemba
Roshi
Raditz
Kefla
SS4 Goku

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just found Caulifla annoying as hell. But I also dislike Kid Trunks for basically the same reason.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I've been drinking tea more than anything else recently. Not regretting that at all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m listening to the new BSB album on spotify. It’s really good!

There’s a couple pretty funky songs already.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think of it, the weather got better as the week went on. I mean, it's still winter obviously, but you get what I mean. Maybe my Avdol avatar did do the trick?

Avdol YES I AM.gif

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not gonna lie...

I'm pretty disappointed with the news about Metroid Prime 4. However I am also glad to know that Nintendo wants to get this game done right! Its good they were still willing to share this information and let us know what's going on rather than just remaining silent. You could tell Takahashi was really nervous when he delivered this news knowing the disappointment it would bring.

Once the game gets released, then the delay won't even matter but its necessary to make sure its the best quality product it can be. I'd rather wait for a game that lives up to its standard instead of havibg a game now that busts entirely.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
With looking at the seeding for Genesis 6, there are 7 Mario mains, 7 Wolf mains, 6 Pichu mains, and 3 Ness mains in the top 128.

Things are looking great for my top 4. :ultness::ultwolf::ultmario::ultpichu:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can send the calling card for palace 6 now.

I assume the boss fight will probably be interrupted because now I’ve caught up to the beginning of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom