• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd chalk it up to subjective tastes, but maybe there's also a serious case of... uh... what's the word?

Like, they're artificially inflating lesser known artists over the actual big names for whatever reason.

Maybe also some good old Recency Bias and Contrarianism.
Not true in this case. In this case it's because the big name albums are entirely absent from the site aside from a select few. Beyonce and Nirvana only have one album for instance on the site. Bands like Metallica and Queen have zero on site. Well, some remasters are on there, such as Master of Puppets. But they're not found on the list anyway, which if they were, they'd have higher scores than most things in the top 100.

Not only that, but music unlike video games and movies I think is much, much harder to break into a top 100 because it's a lot more subjective and it's a lot easier to come across an all around acclaimed song or album. Well, at least if we're talking all time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not true in this case. In this case it's because the big name albums are entirely absent from the site aside from a select few. Beyonce and Nirvana only have one album for instance on the site. Bands like Metallica and Queen have zero on site. Well, some remasters are on there, such as Master of Puppets. But they're not found on the list anyway, which if they were, they'd have higher scores than most things in the top 100.

Not only that, but music unlike video games and movies I think is much, much harder to break into a top 100 because it's a lot more subjective and it's a lot easier to come across an all around acclaimed song or album. Well, at least if we're talking all time.
Yeah, I'm willing to say that song is very subjective and that you won't know how revolutionary a musical sound is until people either start copying or being inspired by it.

Thing is Pure Heroine by Lorde is on there. It's actually got a 79 which isn't bad at all but for an album that literally changed pop music in every way that it possibly could it is in a criminally low spot.

I mean, there's also the fact that critics absolutely hated Bohemian Rhapsody (the song) when it first came out and now it's easily one of the most iconic songs ever made. I really don't know what to think to be honest. Maybe music critics are just INCREDIBLY hit or miss when it comes to their judgments. I dunno. When I heard one critic say that Weezer has never put out a good song and that Teal Album was their worst musical album yet I went searching to see what a "Good" album was and uh, I didn't get much out of it...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
finishing up my housing registration for knox. now i just need to-

>select roommate

1500200644537.png

i dont know none of these dudes

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I knew it......

Welcome, Brave Camilla! :)

(I've been voting for Anna and if she doesn't win I just want to watch the world burn)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just in case anyone isn't up early, Prime 4 got delayed since Nintendo decided to bring Retro back to develop it. On one hand, this means the game is probably a 2020/2021 title. On the other hand, Retro's back and they made Metroid Prime what it was.

So I'm not sure how to feel. I guess a little more optimistic, since the end result might turn out better.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last time I checked, I thought he had a thing for F!Corrin, not Robin.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that didn't he have people vote for Donnel? Hence why Donnel was high in the first CYL?
Etika thought he could control the FE world with Donnel...then he realized there were stronger forces
I really, really wish I could see Broly in theatres, unfortunately, it's unlikely for me based on where I live. If it comes to my island, I will absolutely go and watch it.

It's not worth travelling to mainland England just to watch a movie.
If I was still on break, I definitely would’ve tried to get to a theater...but atleast I was able to be Vegeta’d for a whole lunch break (so yay)
Just in case anyone isn't up early, Prime 4 got delayed since Nintendo decided to bring Retro back to develop it. On one hand, this means the game is probably a 2020/2021 title. On the other hand, Retro's back and they made Metroid Prime what it was.

So I'm not sure how to feel. I guess a little more optimistic, since the end result might turn out better.
Since Nintendo delaying games always/mostly makes their games better overall, I ain’t gonna be mad at all...but I’m hoping Bayo 3, MUA3, LM3, and Smash DLC doesn’t get any delays

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I hope MUA3 turns out to be pretty fun Beat 'Em Up with some RPG stuff thrown in. That's what made X-Men Legends 2 and MUA1 so sick.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, I hope MUA3 turns out to be pretty fun Beat 'Em Up with some RPG stuff thrown in. That's what made X-Men Legends 2 and MUA1 so sick.
MUA2 was still good...but definitely nothing compared to the others due to going down a somewhat different path

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MUA2 was still good...but definitely nothing compared to the others due to going down a somewhat different path
Yeah. I never got the chance to play that one, so I didn't want to really say anything on it. I hope it comes back to digital if possible. It was around for a while when I couldn't get it, but now I can so it'd be nice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah. I never got the chance to play that one, so I didn't want to really say anything on it. I hope it comes back to digital if possible. It was around for a while when I couldn't get it, but now I can so it'd be nice.
Only way they’re coming back digitally is if Marvel or Nintendo bought the rights to it (I assume Marvel did since Activision no longer deals with their games)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ooh... what a bitter-sweet news we got here,

It's nice they are making sure MP4 is in a quality they wish for, but I guess this makes MP4 another Botw... not gonna come out this year or even 2020.

Chrono.

Welp.

We got our answer as to why we never heard a peep about Prime 4.

This begs the question: What the hell were Retro doing all this time?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I'm just wondering how bad the old version of Prime 4 was that Nintendo decided to reboot the development.

D

Deleted member

I want some context to post this but it's just the sad truth of how some of ya'll act
Screenshot_20190125-115234.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Welp.

We got our answer as to why we never heard a peep about Prime 4.

This begs the question: What the hell were Retro doing all this time?
That's what I'd like to know. Maybe that rumored Star Fox racing game or something. Either way I'm glad they are back for Prime 4.

Honestly I'm just wondering how bad the old version of Prime 4 was that Nintendo decided to reboot the development.
Same. Though I also would have liked to have seen the art style at least.

Chrono.

I want some context to post this but it's just the sad truth of how some of ya'll act
View attachment 188424
DB fandom is particularly awful about this.

The Saiyan girls couldn't do anything without dudes on the internet screeching about power scaling even though they didn't do anything game breaking (compared to other characters going around at that time) nor anything that's out of ordinary for the show.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The Saiyan girls couldn't do anything without dudes on the internet screeching about power scaling even though they didn't do anything game breaking (compared to other characters going around at that time) nor anything that's out of ordinary for the show.
Ok but just being able to go Super Saiyan just like that is proof they care more about pleasing SJWs than pleasing real fans such as myself, a fan of Goten and kid Trunks

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Etika thought he could control the FE world with Donnel...then he realized there were stronger forces

If I was still on break, I definitely would’ve tried to get to a theater...but atleast I was able to be Vegeta’d for a whole lunch break (so yay)

Since Nintendo delaying games always/mostly makes their games better overall, I ain’t gonna be mad at all...but I’m hoping Bayo 3, MUA3, LM3, and Smash DLC doesn’t get any delays
What is LM short for? I forgot.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Considering that they said the game was restarting development, I don't expect to see it until 2022/2023.

And previously, I thought this game would be March 2020 bound so there's no way it's a 2021 launch let alone 2020.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Star Wars is probably what prompted this because it seems people will never let Rey rest. Most don't even know what a Mary Sue actually is other than "women=powerful=mary sue"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Shout out to Dr. Jojo Phantasma Dr. Jojo Phantasma for having best Senshi as avi :v

Ooh... what a bitter-sweet news we got here,

It's nice they are making sure MP4 is in a quality they wish for, but I guess this makes MP4 another Botw... not gonna come out this year or even 2020.

And somehow I still think the title will be launched before FF7R.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Nintendrought 2: Electric Boogaloo (2019 Edition!)

Seriously, like Three Houses “should” be coming out this Spring but the absent marketing makes me think it might be delayed again. (Plus, no matter the quality of the game it’s going to be a niche title that doesn’t satisfy most Switch users’ hunger.) Luigi’s Mansion is “2019” but probably near the end of the year and I don’t hear that much hype for it. Animal Crossing will hopefully come out this year but while that satisfies a large amount of people like casuals, but it falls flat for someone that likes competition, adventures, etc.

I knew in 2017 Nintendo was putting all of their eggs in one basket for that year but it’s astonishing that they haven’t recovered and 2019 looks like it’ll be a repeat of 2018 but worse because no Smash. And no Smash DLC isn’t that substantial to carry 2019.

Edit: Lmao I forgot about Gen 8, I guess 2019 still has some guarantees going for it but while people will eat it up, I am not confident in Game Freak because of the last couple of years.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Seriously, like Three Houses “should” be coming out this Spring but the absent marketing makes me think it might be delayed again. (Plus, no matter the quality of the game it’s going to be a niche title that doesn’t satisfy most Switch users’ hunger.) Luigi’s Mansion is “2019” but probably near the end of the year and I don’t hear that much hype for it. Animal Crossing will hopefully come out this year but while that satisfies a large amount of people like casuals, but it falls flat for someone that likes competition, adventures, etc.

I knew in 2017 Nintendo was putting all of their eggs in one basket for that year but it’s astonishing that they haven’t recovered and 2019 looks like it’ll be a repeat of 2018 but worse because no Smash. And no Smash DLC isn’t that substantial to carry 2019.
If people are able to meme that ARMS selling like 3 million just because of the lack of titles I think FE can do the same

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Edit: Lmao I forgot about Gen 8, I guess 2019 still has some guarantees going for it but while people will eat it up, I am not confident in Game Freak because of the last couple of years.
You’re also forgetting about Bayo 3 and MUA3, both much anticipated sequels (and one being a Marvel game)...and whatever secrets Nintendo has this year

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I was rather surprised Kale didn't receive a nod in DBS Broly. Anyway I hope Dragon Ball going forward focuses more on skill rather than power. Now that we're at characters who can break universes, I want to see more creative fights in the vein of the original DB Budokai tournaments. Master Roshi was hype in the Tournament of Power.

That said:
SSB Gogeta vs. Super Broly breaking the time/space continuum was straight up eye candy. Or were they deep underground in a crystal deposit? lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everytime John Cena comes back to the WWE from an injury or break (or even just from Raw to SmackDown and vice versa), he’s treated like a war veteran or mega powerful god tier anime hero...and they should never stop that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well google lied to me to me when t said kingdom hearts launched today, now I’ve got wait four more days.
damn we need some game hype here.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, now that Jiren's more or less "out the way"/confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, who else are you guys expecting?

Videl and Roshi seem like some of the more popular Non-Goku picks. But I'm thinking Kefla and Toppo would be high priority for the DLC, since there's a lot to pull from for the ToP.

I'm thinking we'll get another 2 movie characters, and Janemba will be at least 1 of them.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
To be honest, I was a little worried about Metroid Prime 4 without Retro on board. Despite the delay, I am happy they are focusing on quality first and foremost and that they are informing us of the setback instead of leaving us in the dark.

We still got a few games to look forward to this year.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, now that Jiren's more or less "out the way"/confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, who else are you guys expecting?

Videl and Roshi seem like some of the more popular Non-Goku picks. But I'm thinking Kefla and Toppo would be high priority for the DLC, since there's a lot to pull from for the ToP.

I'm thinking we'll get another 2 movie characters, and Janemba will be at least 1 of them.
Gogeta, 100%. He's a really popular character with some interesting/unique attacks.
Also, his appearance in the latest movie helps a lot.

I'd love to see Roshi become playable. While I'd be glad to see Kale and Caulifla, I feel like we're going to get Kefla instead.

I also wouldn't mind some characters from the original Dragon Ball - while I sincerely doubt we'll get any, since characters from Z or Super would undoubtedly sell better, Demon King Piccolo, Tao Pai Pai, or Arale would be great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom