• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I’m hoping some time soon to see any more news of the Shin Megami Tensei game coming to the Switch or any news of Dragon Quest XI S coming to the West, If it doesn’t come to the West, I’ll just catch it on sale sometime and buy it for the PS4. :grin:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I’m hoping some time soon to see any more news of the Shin Megami Tensei game coming to the Switch or any news of Dragon Quest XI S coming to the West, If it doesn’t come to the West, I’ll just catch it on sale sometime and buy it for the PS4. :grin:
I'm convinced SMTV was just a collective fever dream we had.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also, the character I think all companies should strive to match when it comes to characterizing their gay characters is Kung Jin. It's done so ****ing well in MKX.

D

Deleted member

People shipping Junkrat and Roadhog make me not want to talk to them for the duration of that conversation typically...
And people shipping things that wouldn't align with their established personalities/alignments etc.
For instance, Torb has a wife and SEVERAL children.
I don't think he's much for adultery so...
There's a reason I dislike Smash shipping so much when 80% of the characters have lovers in their home universes.
Almost any ships involving Mario or FE characters go immediatelly into the trash

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's a reason I dislike Smash shipping so much when 80% of the characters have lovers in their home universes.
Almost any ships involving Mario or FE characters go immediatelly into the trash
well how else is Mario gonna find real love?

D

Deleted member

I ASSUMED HE WAS A LONER AND DIDN'T HAVE A LOVER SHISH! That's my point. He could've been gay he could've but I never characterized him that way. He could've been straight he could've but I never characterized him like that. I characterized him as that kind of guy who deleted all distractions from his life to focus on his duty. That's the way he was presented so that's the way I characterized him.

Plus, there's nothing ever wrong with having a gay character reference that they're gay before hand. It helps because to the public eye it's "new". I still ship Reaper and McCree (been referencing that a lot recently) because of them being flirtatious, so I don't see how me not liking 76's characterization is homophobic. I'm just saying that 76 as a character wasn't at all referenced to be romantically involved, let alone gay, in any form until a single frame of a comic (I think?) recently.

Here's the thing. I would've never heard of this if it hadn't been for people making a big deal out of him being gay. So, yeah, in that way I guess I am focusing on his sexuality. And in that, I am sorry. I don't intend to sound homophobic in any way because I've been through some **** that has taught me not to be. 76 as a character never struck me as romantically involved and my first post probably doesn't help my point but I in no way meant to sound homophobic. Apologies.
Don't get too stressed about it. Shisho's quite a bit brash, he's pretty mean to me TBH.

I don't mean to express my idea to expose people as homophobes.(Not that I wouldn't do that.) But rather to say that people often fall into the trap of saying that a character needs be handle in a specific way, otherwise they're forced or unnecessary. Despite that straight characters also have, well, any kind of characterization you can think of and no one thinks that them being straight is unnecessary. In a relationship? Yeah, there's lots of unnecessary relationships, a lot of the times the male and female lead are just in a relationship just because.

But oftentimes I hear from people that well, gay characters need to be treated differently because people are uncomfortable with them. Which goes full circle really.

The thing is that not much is even known about 76's former relationship to even really say much about it. A lot of the controversy is just over his sexuality alone which is pretty ridiculous.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Are you trying to tell me Mario WOULDN'T date Marth?

What is this desire for a Mario based Fire Emblem game that is welling up within me?

He's been there since the first game :dk64:

:troll:
Blizzard, when is Winston getting a wind up donkey punch???

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I'd be pretty down with S76 and Reaps being gay if it didn't come hot off the heels of the biggest esports debacle of the past decade.

Remember they've already retconned D.va out of being a professional Starcraft 2 player so this seems pretty par for the course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we don’t get an UA3 trailer with the Fantastic Four during this week or the next one, i will allow anyone to prank my account.

This is my bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What do you mean, that was absolutely hilarious though

:urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:
This is also hilarious.
Overwatch imploding on itself is one of life's little joys. After all it's not like any of these will affect anything in the long run.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to buy some of the Overwatch LEGO sets just to make Blizzard interested on talking with Activision for a possible Crash Bandicoot line.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
> When you spend all night procrastinating from studying for exams to try to figure out a game's image file format because it's a game only 12 people played so google doesn't help, but in the end only need 16 lines of simple code to decode it

more people need to play these games so I can just google the solution next time

Still aced the exam too, so it was a pretty productive night/day all things considered. :p

D

Deleted member

James Farr is at it again!

D

Deleted member

> When you spend all night procrastinating from studying for exams to try to figure out a game's image file format because it's a game only 12 people played so google doesn't help, but in the end only need 16 lines of simple code to decode it

more people need to play these games so I can just google the solution next time

Still aced the exam too, so it was a pretty productive night/day all things considered. :p
What you trying to decode?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

did it have a clue as to who the next DLC character is :wario::wario::wario::wario:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If we don’t get an UA3 trailer with the Fantastic Four during this week or the next one, i will allow anyone to prank my account.

This is my bet.
Considering the game was only announced a month ago...no news for it this early isn’t gonna be a shock

Also,
Miles and Rhino are teaming up with Cap to save captured children, Gwen and 616 Peter had another special bonding moment...which is always amazing...and Aunt May has cancer...holy ****ing **** that was literally unexpected

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ah, back to talking about the sexuality of video game characters? Never change SmashBoards. Never change.

Ivander

Smash Legend
@Shishœ mario123007 mario123007 @Prince Alucard NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Pyra Pyra

I didn't think the Soldier 76 thing was forced when it was revealed in the book. When it was talked about in the book, it didn't feel like it was emphasising the fact that Soldier was gay. Rather, it was emphasising the fact that Soldier, much like most other people, had plans for his life around when he was Strike Commander, but compared to Ana and Reaper, he didn't get that chance in his life. He wishes things could've been different, but he's willing to move on due to his boyfriend being happy. That's really the thing. The actual novel never emphasized the gay part. You could replace Vincent with any other person, whether a boy or girl, and that scene would still be emphasizing the same point, bout how Jack tried to have a life much like Ana and Gabe, but never got what he wished, but willing to move on because they're happy.
The actual problem I feel stems from the fact that after the novel was released, the developers tried to make it a bigger deal after they made the reveal in the novel not such a big deal. They were emphasising the fact that Soldier was gay when it was not the emphasis in the book. It went from a tone of "Oh huh, he's gay. Okay." to "OMG! LOOK AT THIS GUY! HE'S GAY!" Which I feel wasn't needed. The book acted like it was no big deal. Shouldn't that be the point? That being gay or whatnot isn't a big deal? Yet why make it such a big deal after you showed it in the book as not a big deal?

Still, I'm more surprised at the fact that Reaper has a family. REAPER has a family like Ana. How was that not interesting? And considering we have Pharah in the game, couldn't it be possible that one of the future heroes is one of Reaper's family or related to Reaper? Was the family that he was stalking in Reflections his family? Is Reaper working for Talon due to his family possibly being in danger? Like.....so many new questions with that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Still, I'm more surprised at the fact that Reaper has a family. REAPER has a family like Ana. How was that not interesting? And considering we have Pharah in the game, couldn't it be possible that one of the future heroes is one of Reaper's family or related to Reaper? Was the family that he was stalking in Reflections his family? Is Reaper working for Talon due to his family possibly being in danger? Like.....so many new questions with that.
Edge boi has feelings just like everyone else does
He has a vendetta but just like Soldier he still has connections he feels strongly about, despite not being able to keep them due to being the way he is now. Unlike soldier, who is still buddies with Ana.

I seem to recall him enjoying making costumes, but I can't remember if that was because he made a Halloween costume once and that made the internet blow that out of proportion or because he really does enjoy that a lot

Honestly Soldier 76 always seemed like someone who would be homophobic or racist to me lol.
is that cause he's old and grouchy or because people kept labeling him as dad like

because neither of those things seem inherently homophobic to me, let alone in a blizzardfuture lol
And the only real prevalent racism in OW as far as I'm aware is against Omnics, no?

Not that it matters at this point lol

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What year does Overwatch take place in?
He has a vendetta but just like Soldier he still has connections he feels strongly about, despite not being able to keep them due to being the way he is now. Unlike soldier, who is still buddies with Ana.

I seem to recall him enjoying making costumes, but I can't remember if that was because he made a Halloween costume once and that made the internet blow that out of proportion or because he really does enjoy that a lot

is that cause he's old and grouchy or because people kept labeling him as dad like

because neither of those things seem inherently homophobic to me, let alone in a blizzardfuture lol
And the only real prevalent racism in OW as far as I'm aware is against Omnics, no?

Not that it matters at this point lol
No real reason honestly lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No real reason honestly lol
I mean, that's fair. I'm not one to tell people how they should interpret anyone :p

So what you're saying is that I could be alive in the Overwatch world.
Yes.
I think we'd just be rather old.

Reinhardt is apparently 61 according to ye olde wikia, and the game takes place like... 50+ years from now
Rein's just a boy right now.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I never said he didn't. I mean, before that one day, Gabe was pretty cool and chill. But besides Ana and Torbjorn, we never really got details of family from Soldier, Reaper and Reinhardt(besides his friendship with Torb and his family and being Brigette's godfather). To learn that Reaper managed to get a family like Ana is big.
Like, considering we have Pharah, the idea that we could get a future hero that is related to Reaper is possible. It also paints a different picture of that one image of Reaper looking at that family in Reflections, as that could be his family or child's family. And it gives Reaper a possible motive for why he's working with Talon or why he turned on Overwatch that day.
Like I said, it's one of those little things that brings a lot of new questions and speculations to Reaper.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From what I can gather there's a certain pattern when it comes to people's ideals on characters being gay. It goes something like this

-Character being gay doesn't matter
-That's taken too far
-Therefore character being gay does matter
-That's taken too far
-Therefore character being gay doesn't matter
-That's taken too far

Rinse and repeat. But I'm gotta to say that that former taking it too far is far worse.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I never said he didn't. I mean, before that one day, Gabe was pretty cool and chill. But besides Ana and Torbjorn, we never really got details of family from Soldier, Reaper and Reinhardt(besides his friendship with Torb and his family and being Brigette's godfather). To learn that Reaper managed to get a family like Ana is big.
Like, considering we have Pharah, the idea that we could get a future hero that is related to Reaper is possible. It also paints a different picture of that one image of Reaper looking at that family in Reflections, as that could be his family or child's family. And it gives Reaper a possible motive for why he's working with Talon or why he turned on Overwatch that day.
Like I said, it's one of those little things that brings a lot of new questions and speculations to Reaper.
I was agreeing with ya.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
From what I can gather there's a certain pattern when it comes to people's ideals on characters being gay. It goes something like this

-Character being gay doesn't matter
-That's taken too far
-Therefore character being gay does matter
-That's taken too far
-Therefore character being gay doesn't matter
-That's taken too far

Rinse and repeat. But I'm gotta to say that that former taking it too far is far worse.

TFW you try to read someone else's post but their font color blends in with the background of the site.

No comment on the context of the post. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom