• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Marvel VS Capcom will never be good again until the bring back my man Amingo.

An Xbox classic would be great because half of it could be games trying to replicate the success of platformers from the previous gen while the other half is a bunch of games trying to emulate Halo's success.
It's good money bait, but if you personally ask me, virtual console has completely been made redundant since "[console] Classic" systems sell like hotcakes.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The other good thing about an Xbox classic is if it used the original controller designs, they could very well be bigger than the console itself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
An Xbox classic would be great because half of it could be games trying to replicate the success of platformers from the previous gen while the other half is a bunch of games trying to emulate Halo's success.
Honestly I feel Microsoft deserves praise for trying something different after their attempt at the cartoon mascot trend failed and sticking with what did work. Cause that franchise, Halo, ended up changing the industry before we knew it and FPS games as we know it wouldn't be the same without it

D

Deleted member

Xbox has always had the best service out of the three.

People just like to meme on them for that awful, horrible, very bad introduction to the Xbox One. But their online services have always been top notch and ahead of the curve.
Well, I don't think it'd be just for the terribad reveal. The awful UI interface, lack of any good exclusives at all, especially where I can play their games on PC, thus making any of their exclusives lose a bit more purpose... There's quite a list. The fact that there hasn't even been a positively reviewed exclusive at ALL really is something else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The other good thing about an Xbox classic is if it used the original controller designs, they could very well be bigger than the console itself.
The updated Xbox original controller is actually pretty solid if you look it up

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly I feel Microsoft deserves praise for trying something different after their attempt at the cartoon mascot trend failed and sticking with what did work. Cause that franchise, Halo, ended up changing the industry before we knew it and FPS games as we know it wouldn't be the same without it
Legitimate Microsoft respect? I think I'm in love. Platonically.

Chrono.

Well, I don't think it'd be just for the terribad reveal. The awful UI interface, lack of any good exclusives at all, especially where I can play their games on PC, thus making any of their exclusives lose a bit more purpose... There's quite a list. The fact that there hasn't even been a positively reviewed exclusive at ALL really is something else.
I'm talking exclusively about their online service.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I will never forgive Microsoft for cancelling Scalebound.

That was the one thing that was keeping me on the "maybe I'll buy an XBO"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A couple of fighting games have done the whole Smash Ultimate thing. Namely MK and KOF.

KOF has actually done it twice (even more if you count updated versions), with 98 being a non canon entry that brought back every single character from the games prior and 2002 doing a similar thing but with only characters relevant to the current story arc.

Then 2002 UM came and added even more characters.

Except the Sports Team.
Tekken Tag 2 comes to mind as well.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The updated Xbox original controller is actually pretty solid if you look it up
This one?

That's the one I mostly used. The black and white buttons where in sligthly better positions but looking at it now they and the start/back buttons are still placed weirdly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh great now my sinuses blocked my nose holes so now i cant breathe

guess i have to be a stinky mouthbreather

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Woomy is on an undefeated streak for no reason and I’m proud of her

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If MVC4 happens, for the Marvel side I want a bunch of Spider-Man and X-Men characters, I mean a lot of them. For Capcom, bring back Mega Man X, Zero, Tron, Sigma, Dante, Vergil, Trish, Ryu, Chun, Akuma. And add in Nero.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If MVC4 happens, for the Marvel side I want a bunch of Spider-Man and X-Men characters, I mean a lot of them. For Capcom, bring back Mega Man X, Zero, Tron, Sigma, Dante, Vergil, Trish, Ryu, Chun, Akuma. And add in Nero.
Nero and Vergil is my DREAM. TEAM.

Chrono.

I wouldn't mind if an MvC4 added some slightly obscure characters like Moon Knight or Tessa from Red Earth or even some Sengoku Basara rep.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wouldn't mind if an MvC4 added some slightly obscure characters like Moon Knight or Tessa from Red Earth or even Masamune Date from Basara.
Perdonally, I'm banking on Arisen so I can set myself on fire for more damage and hear this banging track

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I feel really bad for X honestly. He's forever tied to Infinite and potentially out of the rumored Marvel vs. Capcom 4. Hopefully Capcom isn't stupid enough to leave him out, but damn would it kill them to try and contact Mark Gatha for a role reprisal? If Sakurai wanted him, he'd personally get his own dentist appointment with him and talk it while his teeth are being checked.
Isn't the rumored MvC4 a rebranded and updated Infinite to begin with?

Potato_

Smash Lord
For returning characters:I miss Akuma so bad, I loved using him in 3. Vergil, Deadpool and most X-men characters should come back as well. I also would like to see Amaterasu return too, her moveset was really unique.

New characters though? I want Leon, Nero and Lady. There's probably more I can't think of now, but those 3 are definitely head and shoulders above the rest.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
doing research for my ol respect thread and apparently daemon x machina character designs were done by the guy who did awaknening and fates characters

Yeah I won't lie, I don't see it at all.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
doing research for my ol respect thread and apparently daemon x machina character designs were done by the guy who did awaknening and fates characters

I get more MegaTen vibes tbh. He looks like Heat crossed with the protagonist from Strange Journey.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Isn't the rumored MvC4 a rebranded and updated Infinite to begin with?
Yes that’s exactly what the rumor states so I don’t see x going. It might even aim to be the smash ultimate of marvel va capcom if fan service is the target like the rumor said. Be cool if it was but we’ll see

D

Deleted member

So, I JUST found out about music that I've never heard in Mother 3 thanks to Vinny's stream, and it really only just furthers the point why that ****ing game is the best game Nintendo has ever put out and will never top.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, I JUST found out about music that I've never heard in Mother 3 thanks to Vinny's stream, and it really only just furthers the point why that ****ing game is the best game Nintendo has ever put out and will never top.
I mean Mother 3 is great but I wouldn't call it their best.

Definitely Top 5 tho

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I think you can clearly see it in the face.
The sharp lips, the minimalist nose, and the trapezoidal eyes are where you most can see the "fateswakening" effect.
I've never seen him do sci-fi amputees before, so I gotta say... this is pretty radical.

Ivander

Smash Legend

While the art direction definitely is different from Awakening and Fates and they certainly don't look like they come from Fire Emblem, the guy's face does have some sharpness to them, much like the art for Awakening and Fates. Not to mention the guy's hairstyle practically screams Owain.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...b/Owain.png/revision/latest?cb=20170402215433
Sure, the hairstyle is common, but when you compare the detail and sharpness of each's hair to each other, they look pretty identical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean Mother 3 is great but I wouldn't call it their best.

Definitely Top 5 tho
Okay, I got you the top 5.

1. Mother 3 - Game Boy Advance
2. Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64
4. Chrono Trigger - SNES
5. Super Mario Odyssey - Switch

I tried. And since this is a Smash forum, that moment alone on stream just reminds me how much they could've done for Smash Ultimate's soundtrack. All the remixes so far are fantastic, but how a great amount of series involved got treated just makes me a bit sad.

Ivander

Smash Legend
*49 Guests*

What are you people expecting to see here? I mean, the Discussion Thread is back up, so why else would you be here other than the inevitable "risque" talk?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here people, have a random video of crabs dancing.
The video that cause the "Crab Rave meme", which I tend to notice some people sort of misused the meme sometimes lol. Like the meme is supposed to be an irony meme.
I still haven't gotten Malleo Kart 8 DX but I'm looking forward to getting this instead.
What's Malleo Kart 8 DX?
Ok,ok, sorry about that, but to be serious... kind of shock you haven't got the game though. I have bought it but haven't play it for over a year because my copy is at my brother's place now.
Octopath Traveler is on sale right now. Probably the only time it'll ever be on sale until a long while, and I dunno if paying 60 will be worth the deal.

What're y'all thoughts? Should I get Octopath?
If you like traditional RPGs, get it.
Or if you like Bravely Default, get it.
Or... just try out the demo and see if you enjoy it or not.
Holy ****, this is important
Wow, your Grandma bought the game a few months late than me (I bought mine via eshop around July of 2014).... and pretty sure I didn't play new leaf more than Smash 3DS.
An antogonist doesn’t have to be evil, it’s more so so someone who opposes or stands in the way of the protagonist.
And more importantly, a good antagonist must either have a good goal (MCU examples Like Thanos), or have a past/back ground that can be sympathized (Like Killmonger), or just plain cheeky (Like Loki and Joker).

Unfortunately, antagonist more often than not can be easily bad written, simply having a goal of "Taking over the world (For no actual reason)" or being dumb... happens quite a lot.
I really think my best character is Zelda.
Are you talking about Smash Ultimate? Mine is Ike, when it comes to "Spirit board" main to say the least, I use him a lot and my first Legendary spirit I defeated was using Ike.
She’d probably be to busy being the new Grand Marshal to be a playable character.
I often think Edea and Tressa literally the same character, because when they are angry..
They make the same noise "Mrrrgrgr!!"
Finished My Hero Academia season 1. I really enjoyed it and look forward to season 2.

Here's a character ranking of all the students in class 1-A:
Edit: For some reason images aren't appearing right now, so I'm gonna do a text version.

Favorites:
-Bakugo

Like:
-Tsuyu
-Deku
-Iida

Appreciate:
-Uraraka
-Aoyama
-Jiro
-Yaoyorozu
-Kirishima

Mixed Feelings:
-Todoroki

Neutral:
-Tokoyami
-Hagakure
-Kaminari
-Ashido
-Ojido

Who? (Forgettable):
-Shoji
-Sero
-Sato
-Koda

Dislike:
-Mineta
Oh trust me, Todoroki will be rad in season 2 and onward.
Uh... a hot take here, Tracer's reveal of being LGBT was good, but when it comes to Soldier 76 I somewhat felt it was a bit forced. Hopefully we'll get more details on Soldier 76's past.
So, let me get this straight.

Nintendo releases a Yoshi game on the same month as Dead or Alive, Sekiro and Devil May Cry?

Do they want to see that game fail?
To be fair, those games you compared are not on Nintendo Switch anyway, thus from my take those games who heavily affect Yoshi game's sale.

D

Deleted member

Uh... a hot take here, Tracer's reveal of being LGBT was good, but when it comes to Soldier 76 I somewhat felt it was a bit forced. Hopefully we'll get more details on Soldier 76's past.
Shut up, Soldier 76 is gay and there's nothing you can do about it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I want to get better with :ultsnake: but man I'm average at best using this guy.

Uh...
This pop into my head once I saw this video lol.
It’s on my long list of “games I’ll get to eventually”. I’m already backed up with other PS4 and Switch games.

Plus I have games like Granblue Fantasy Versus, FE: 3 Houses, and Pokemon Gen 8 that are top priority for me this year.
I am looking forward to Granblue Fantasy Relink more, and this game in my opinion has to come to Switch.

Also can't wait to get Skullgirls on Switch, Travis Strikes Again, and most importantly...
Final Fantasy games on the Switch YES! Particularly VII and XII.
Still no Switch as of today.

I'm missing out...

Knowing that, if I were to get a job in the summer and earn enough money, which games for the Switch would be worth it to look for (aside from Ultimate, already have it)?
I don't know... just what kind of games do you like? For me, I'm more in favor of JRPGs, so for now most of my Switch games is that. Such as XC2, my most fav, Octopath Traveler, Fallen Legion, Shining Resonance Refrain, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm also looking forward to get Ys VIII, Dragon Quest Builders 1&2, and Dragon Quest XI this year.
They could always spoil everything through Spirits regardless.

I mean, look at how much more Xenoblade they spoiled with those. Like who Metal Face is.
Also Fiora as well, sort of.
Glad they didn't spoiled XC2 characters for the most part, which they could have.
Shut up, Soldier 76 is gay and there's nothing you can do about it.
Did I ever said I have problem with Soldier 76 being gay?lol
Telling someone on the Internet to shut up is the most hilarious thing that I have ever seen. Unless you are just trying to be ironic lol.
tl;dr
The only thing I can do is ignore it and continue to get good in Overwatch, because he is one of my most used character after Reaper, and that won't change. To be honest here though, I haven't played Overwatch for ages now, hope I can go back once I get myself a PC.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And Crimson Skies which is like one of the best things to come out of the Xbox for real.

D

Deleted member

I don't even understand what the difference is other than 76 isn't with that guy anymore. So how him being gay forced but not Tracer being gay?

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Eh, Tracer seemed like she was always written as gay. Like, when I looked at Tracer and her personality, attributes, and all around character I could see her being Lesbian. With Soldier 76 it seemed like they hit a wall of "Wow, this character really isn't interesting. How can we develop him more? I know! Let's make him suddenly gay!" Marvel did the same thing to Ice Man and while that type of storytelling can definitely be done in taste and with a definitive sense of empathy, both Soldier 76 and Ice Man just falls flat.

I'm always happy to see more LGBT characterization in media but when it's cheaply used to "develop" a character I can't help but tilt my head a bit. Being gay doesn't really do anything for 76. He's just as uninteresting as he previously was character wise. But now instead of just "uninteresting" he's "uninteresting and gay". Not a deterioration of his character but it really didn't do anything for his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom