• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

A couple of fighting games have done the whole Smash Ultimate thing. Namely MK and KOF.

KOF has actually done it twice (even more if you count updated versions), with 98 being a non canon entry that brought back every single character from the games prior and 2002 doing a similar thing but with only characters relevant to the current story arc.

Then 2002 UM came and added even more characters.

Except the Sports Team.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Corn morphing her hands into huge mouths and lances is hot and rad.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Corrin is super fun to play and has needle arms and a chainsaw sword. Honestly outside of having a hate boner for the character or series there's little reason to not want them back
uhm ACKTHUALLY smash brothers is only reserved for the finest gaming icons

:ultmario: platformers
:ultcloud: rpgs
:ultgnw: history
:ultrob: sales
:ultpit: you know sometimes you just gotta revive them somehow
:ultshulk: yeah okay i'll admit i have no idea
:ultpichu: ????
:ulticeclimbers: who in the goddamn
:ultlucas: depression

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
what about the man dragon
he's there too
Nobody gives a damn about the dude.
Not even IS.

Corrin is super fun to play and has needle arms and a chainsaw sword. Honestly outside of having a hate boner for the character or series there's little reason to not want them back
Other than not liking a character, there's no reason to not want a character, yes I agree.
Oh yeah and I'd rather any speck of dev time and resources went to anything else.

At least she wasn't remodeled to look like a mobile phone game character, like a certain company known for its fighting games and a dead Darkstalkers sequel
You know what's funny is they got so much backlash they actually went back to fix it.

(Can't really say the same thing for Ken's banana hair though. That's... that's a lost cause.)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Corrin's one of the few characters i'm legitimately good with, so they gotta stay.

Checkmate, atheists.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just realized.

Advent Children Cloud and Bayonetta 1 Bayonetta have different artwork from regular Cloud and Bayonetta despite being the same person in different outfits.

Then there's Alph, who despite being a different character from Olimar, still has the exact same pose as him in artwork.

Alph doesn't deserve this. He should've been an echo.

Chrono.

Still hilarious that Ken actually looks good in Smash.

His best 3D model is from a non Capcom game.

D

Deleted member

Currently @ Nintendo HQ: "Hey, we're still going about our virtual console, but we're still doing NES so here's Zelda II and Blaster Master."
Currently @ Microsoft's Xbox Division:

As much **** as they've gotten this gen, you can't deny that they have the BEST virtual console methodology on the market currently.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Currently @ Nintendo HQ: "Hey, we're still going about our virtual console, but we're still doing NES so here's Zelda II and Blaster Master."
Currently @ Microsoft's Xbox Division:

As much **** as they've gotten this gen, you can't deny that they have the BEST virtual console methodology on the market currently.
yeah but its on xbox

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah

but I can get Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 for practically a dollar and we'll never get N64 or SNES games.
that's about as hopeful as people still playing Street Fighter IV everywhere

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My Inkling (now names WoomyMeggy, a reference to both the legendary Inkling word and the SMG4 Inkling named Meggy) has only gotten top 3 placements in her first 4 fights (started with 3rd placement, then a 2nd, next an amazing 1st placement, and just now 2nd again)

What a good woomy

D

Deleted member

that's about as hopeful as people still playing Street Fighter IV everywhere
**** man now I'm just sad knowing the fact that Street Fighter IV and it's iterations did more for the IP than SFV, Hakan didn't deserve this :drsad:

D

Deleted member

Can't believe there are people who'd defend Nintendo's objectively awful handling of this ****
The moment Banjo-Kazooie comes to Game Pass will be the moment where I eternally laugh my ass off. I don't understand how Nintendo, and even Sony, ****ed up virtual console THIS bad, yet somehow Microsoft, the most unlikely of people, can do it right.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The moment Banjo-Kazooie comes to Game Pass will be the moment where I eternally laugh my *** off. I don't understand how Nintendo, and even Sony, ****ed up virtual console THIS bad, yet somehow Microsoft, the most unlikely of people, can do it right.
I mean that one scenario is a lot more effort than making literally every Nintendo owned game available

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Corrin, since Idon mentioned her returning because of her functions. My post is a diss at the way Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite was directed, barring gameplay.
This also applies to Marvel VS Capcom 3. MegaMan didn't serve a "unique function" enough from Ryu to be kept in.

But they still return Akuma and other shotoclones. Huh. Frankly, so what if he is still a shotoclone. I'd rather that than leaving MegaMan out, or way overworking him to the point he's a completely different moveset. It's why it makes more sense to use a different iteration of MEgaMan, like X.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The moment Banjo-Kazooie comes to Game Pass will be the moment where I eternally laugh my *** off. I don't understand how Nintendo, and even Sony, ****ed up virtual console THIS bad, yet somehow Microsoft, the most unlikely of people, can do it right.
Dude, it's really simple why they messed it up.

Just be thankful an Xbox Classic hasn't been considered.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
This also applies to Marvel VS Capcom 3. MegaMan didn't serve a "unique function" enough from Ryu to be kept in.

But they still return Akuma and other shotoclones. Huh. Frankly, so what if he is still a shotoclone. I'd rather that than leaving MegaMan out, or way overworking him to the point he's a completely different moveset. It's why it makes more sense to use a different iteration of MEgaMan, like X.
I feel really bad for X honestly. He's forever tied to Infinite and potentially out of the rumored Marvel vs. Capcom 4. Hopefully Capcom isn't stupid enough to leave him out, but damn would it kill them to try and contact Mark Gatha for a role reprisal? If Sakurai wanted him, he'd personally get his own dentist appointment with him and talk it while his teeth are being checked.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel really bad for X honestly. He's forever tied to Infinite and potentially out of the rumored Marvel vs. Capcom 4. Hopefully Capcom isn't stupid enough to leave him out, but damn would it kill them to try and contact Mark Gatha for a role reprisal? If Sakurai wanted him, he'd personally get his own dentist appointment with him and talk it while his teeth are being checked.
I know of the rumours that we'll hear of MVC4 in April but was there anything about the roster in those rumours

Also I don't think Mark Gatha is willing to get out of retirement

Chrono.

Xbox has always had the best service out of the three.

People just like to meme on them for that awful, horrible, very bad introduction to the Xbox One. But their online services have always been top notch and ahead of the curve.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Dude, it's really simple why they messed it up.

Just be thankful an Xbox Classic hasn't been considered.
An Xbox classic would be great because half of it could be games trying to replicate the success of platformers from the previous gen while the other half is a bunch of games trying to emulate Halo's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom